[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest curnj
Well 92 downloads so far and not much said. One can hope huh? :)

Glad you like the ROM. It's great that it is working so well on your girlfriends phone. Besides, it better work or there will be hell to pay for you. ;)

Thanks for letting me know. :D

I just upgraded to v10. Looks good so far. I converted over from Wozzer's latest 6.5 with M2D on it. Was wondering if you thing you will ever incorp that M2D? Just curious. v10 works nice so far. I was very used to the touchflo interface so the new one is taking some time getting used to. Is there a place to add all your favorite apps so they are in a grid like the honeycomb grid of the start menu?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!

Guest blazingwolf
I belive you have to get that fom SPB (spbsoftwarehouse.com)

BW Sometime, long, long ago in this thread I remeber a guy asking about auto name suggestion when composing email and text etc.... This was corrected by a registry edit that is located on xda developers (forgive for not linking) after that it work but was kind of sloppy. It appears that after the updated system files it is now enabled by default. At least it ws there after my flash to 10. If anyone else has a chance maybe give it a try. What we are talking about is where when compsing a new email it will suggest names from your contact list.

EDIT--- You could also just look at the setting in HKLM\System\Inbox\RecipientAutoComplete The DWORD value MaxSuggestions= must be set to higher than 1. Should be 4 for best results.

In v9 this was set to a vlaue of 0 but it would appear that it is already set to 4 in the new system base. Unless of course PIM back up plugged it in but that has not been the case in the past.

OK. I will make sure that this is set up for each new version. Thank you for doing the leg work on this. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
I just upgraded to v10. Looks good so far. I converted over from Wozzer's latest 6.5 with M2D on it. Was wondering if you thing you will ever incorp that M2D? Just curious. v10 works nice so far. I was very used to the touchflo interface so the new one is taking some time getting used to. Is there a place to add all your favorite apps so they are in a grid like the honeycomb grid of the start menu?

Thanks again for all your hard work!!

You can tap and hold on the start menu and move the most used icons to the top. I think it is a nice new feature of 6.5. ;) There are also launch programs that will help you get what you want.

I'm not a user of M2D so I'm not sure if I will do one or not. I will think about it.

Guest BrianPick

Just wanted to chime in. I have located a cab that, so far, has corrected the issue with the broken email icon in Titanium Notifications when connected to activesync. I have attached the file and a screen shot of my device with the correct icon after connecting to activesync. I first connected to OWA and then installed this cab. I have not yet read any further in thread but for the time being this seems to do it.

Test_Titanium_Notification_Exchange.cab

Screen02.bmp

I am not a fan of the big analogue clock in SPB, I like a large digital which isn't offered, so I use the Pro cab (lifestyle widget). With the BW10 flash, it will not allow me to use that cab - having to reinstall MS3, then install the Pro cab (lifestyle widget). But it works, not sure how others feel but if you can add it to future flash it will save me some time it others like it...(sometimes you have to exit, and then reenter to add the widget)MS3_Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series__WQVGA.cab

Guest blazingwolf
Just wanted to chime in. I have located a cab that, so far, has corrected the issue with the broken email icon in Titanium Notifications when connected to activesync. I have attached the file and a screen shot of my device with the correct icon after connecting to activesync. I first connected to OWA and then installed this cab. I have not yet read any further in thread but for the time being this seems to do it.

Umm, yeah. That does exactly what I mentioned to you earlier. It replaces the missing icon with a static one. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
I am not a fan of the big analogue clock in SPB, I like a large digital which isn't offered, so I use the Pro cab (lifestyle widget). With the BW10 flash, it will not allow me to use that cab - having to reinstall MS3, then install the Pro cab (lifestyle widget). But it works, not sure how others feel but if you can add it to future flash it will save me some time it others like it...(sometimes you have to exit, and then reenter to add the widget)MS3_Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series__WQVGA.cab

Hmm, what does it say when you try to install it?

I'll look at adding this in. ;)

I'm already adding the widget add on packages that jgjackson has done.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Lisbian08

I love the pro series widgets. They are great, I use them myself. Be careful though, if I remember right, the pro widgets and the imarche.net skins do not work well together. I do not use the skins myself, but I think I read that somewhere. There is a great thread at XDA where you can get a lot of cool MS3 stuff. Check it out

XDA MS3 thread

Guest blazingwolf

Here you go. I fixed the cab to work on my ROM. ;)

The way things are setup with the OEM I was lead to is different than normal. So most of the items will not install correctly. I'm not sure if I will be able to fix that or not but I will look in to it.

MS3_Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series__WQVGA_BW_ROM_Only.cab

post-142761-1247525039_thumb.png

Guest BrianPick
Umm, yeah. That does exactly what I mentioned to you earlier. It replaces the missing icon with a static one. ;)

It became embarrassingly clear as I read further and realized I had jumped the gun and disseminated "old info" on closer inspection I concur that it is a very unrefined soltuion. Not ideal. Sorry bout that. Nothing to do but keep looking

Guest blazingwolf
It became embarrassingly clear as I read further and realized I had jumped the gun and disseminated "old info" on closer inspection I concur that it is a very unrefined soltuion. Not ideal. Sorry bout that. Nothing to do but keep looking

Don't be. I did it too when I first saw the "fix". ;)

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest iflyfish

wow i was out for the weekend fishing and cam back and it looks like i missed allot.

dose any one have the Visual Voice Mail cab ????

Guest J10LEON

Hi first of all i want to say the rom is awesome!!!Thanks blazingwolf your work is very appreciated. I have a problem and I hope you guys can help me out. I installed the v9 of this rom and everything works great except for the GPS. Bing works fine but when I click locate me it just gives me a message that it could not locate me. Second of all I installed Garmin xt, the program runs good but again it also says "Awaiting better GPS accuracy" Well I hope you guys can help me out, thanks in advance.

Guest blazingwolf
Hi first of all i want to say the rom is awesome!!!Thanks blazingwolf your work is very appreciated. I have a problem and I hope you guys can help me out. I installed the v9 of this rom and everything works great except for the GPS. Bing works fine but when I click locate me it just gives me a message that it could not locate me. Second of all I installed Garmin xt, the program runs good but again it also says "Awaiting better GPS accuracy" Well I hope you guys can help me out, thanks in advance.

Locate me has never worked. Probably due to the fact that we don't ave aGPS with our current setups.

For Garmin go to a better location and see if that helps.

Hmm, what does it say when you try to install it?

I'll look at adding this in. ;)

I'm already adding the widget add on packages that jgjackson has done.

It didn't say anything, showed up in the options - I soft booted the phone on a few occasions and still wouldn't load. As soon as I reinstalled MS3, reran the cab - enabled the widget and soft booted the phone - and the time popped up on the SPB screen.

Edit--->Doh, you already posted a reply on this...Guess I need to start reading all new posts before posting.

Edited by duba

Check out IGO8, Gets signal within a minute, and very accurate.

Guest mrdeadlock

WoW blazingwolf, GREAT ROM. I just switched from v3 to the most current with MS3 it looks VERY nice. I love it! Now if i can just figure out the Activesynce/Outlook/Setpoint issue on my PC. LoL I hope to see some futher AWESOME things. (atleast til Andromnia comes out in a working ROM/release within the year)

Guest BrianPick

BW. There is a thread about some files to conver the default samsung apps to black intstead of the white tan colors. Have you tried this out yet. The keyboard seems sweet but I dont think it has flyouts. Just curious.

Guest blazingwolf
WoW blazingwolf, GREAT ROM. I just switched from v3 to the most current with MS3 it looks VERY nice. I love it! Now if i can just figure out the Activesynce/Outlook/Setpoint issue on my PC. LoL I hope to see some futher AWESOME things. (atleast til Andromnia comes out in a working ROM/release within the year)

Glad you like it. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
BW. There is a thread about some files to conver the default samsung apps to black intstead of the white tan colors. Have you tried this out yet. The keyboard seems sweet but I dont think it has flyouts. Just curious.

Yes, I have seen it. I have the black Favorite Settings on my phone now. I'm trying to decide if I like it.

Guest Stealth Pope

Just curious, if anyone knows an easy way to change fonts in mobile shell. Especially for the digital clock. I have always liked the implementation of the interfaces, but the type faces have never been my cup of tea. I suppose that there might be some difficulties adding to this rom, the spb is custom on this rom right?

Guest BrianPick
Just curious, if anyone knows an easy way to change fonts in mobile shell. Especially for the digital clock. I have always liked the implementation of the interfaces, but the type faces have never been my cup of tea. I suppose that there might be some difficulties adding to this rom, the spb is custom on this rom right?

Well you have gotten further than I. I have historically use the spb keyboard but it is laggy this time around. I will be reinstalling today and see if i can find the issue. But the samsung apps are a horrible color and a change would be a boon to all mankind.

Guest rishk789

I hope I don't get chewed out for asking this, but is there a major difference between installing third party programs (Google Maps, YouTube, SPB Keyboard, etc.) on the "device" or the "storage?" In other words, are there differences in performance... is there a better choice of the two to ALWAYS install applications... etc.

And thank you so much Blazingwolf for creating an SPB MS3 version of your ROM. Performance and stability are top notch. ;)