[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, I have seen that there a few SPB customizing programs out there, (I have tried a couple, not with this ROM), and they will change things, but not always the best outcome. Is the SPB in this rom a custom version, or is it eligible to be modified like the regular one?

Second, does anyone know an easy, (or some what easy) way to modify the font in the SPB interface? I am thinking I'd like a different font for the clock.

It's the regular version but it has a custom install location. So most of those will not work on this version. I made a new cab a little earlier in this thread with some of the custom widgets. I need to work on this so that normal installs of other things will work.

Guest J10LEON
Check out IGO8, Gets signal within a minute, and very accurate.

Thanx will give IGO8 a try, one question, Do you have IGO8 up and running on your omnia with this rom?

Guest blazingwolf
Which way are you leaning on the black samsung apps

Not sure the black look really goes well with the ROM. I wish I knew graphics better as I would make some changes to be like the dialer. That would make a nice cohesive ROM.

Though the black look would go well with the current screen in the MS3 ROM. ;)

Guest BrianPick
It's the regular version but it has a custom install location. So most of those will not work on this version. I made a new cab a little earlier in this thread with some of the custom widgets. I need to work on this so that normal installs of other things will work.

I agree on the MS3 background. I am just about to plug them in and see. Just flashed this am may take a night off but there are a few other Roms brewin that may have them included.

Guest icefalkon
Yes, the restore will kill you most of the time.

Yup, that was it...also, the Rotary Volume Control is broken. After install, reboot, still nothing...

Guest blazingwolf
Yup, that was it...also, the Rotary Volume Control is broken. After install, reboot, still nothing...

I fixed it. Check two posts above yours. ;)

Guest icefalkon
I fixed it. Check two posts above yours. ;)

Thanks BW, I'm going to redo the whole installation to see if it goes smoother this time.

Guest Case-1

love the rom, Thanks again.

one question...

how can i have the "set" button on the main screen pull up the default alarm clock set screen that came with the original omnia rom isntead of the one that loads now, looks to be windows default style.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks BW, I'm going to redo the whole installation to see if it goes smoother this time.

I hope it goes better than the first one. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
love the rom, Thanks again.

one question...

how can i have the "set" button on the main screen pull up the default alarm clock set screen that came with the original omnia rom isntead of the one that loads now, looks to be windows default style.

You have to edit the registry. I'm not remembering the correct key right now though. ;)

Guest icefalkon

Hey BW,

I just finished reinstalling MS3 with a little better luck. The Rotary Volume fix file didn't work however...it was what kept preventing my Activesync from connecting. Before I adjusted the volume, it connected fine...then when I tried to raise/lower the volume I noticed that the Rotary thing wasn't coming up, just the usual WM volume control. I then tried to sync up the phone and no luck at all.

So I uninstalled the rotary fix and it sync'd up without a problem....?

This time I didn't use ANY backups for my contacts, files, etc...just reentered everything.

Guest Cry0g3n1c

Hey do you know where I can get something to replace the ugly gold keyboard, adryns black one was nice...??? ;)

Edited by Cry0g3n1c

Guest SNK SKNR

I have an issue and wanted to see if it is just me/my phone. If I get a call, I can answer it ok by sliding the answer button, but the lock screen that comes up doesnt function. I can't unlock it to get to the keypad, I can't change the volume, end call, hold, mute, speakerphone. None of them work. Ideas?

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW,

I just finished reinstalling MS3 with a little better luck. The Rotary Volume fix file didn't work however...it was what kept preventing my Activesync from connecting. Before I adjusted the volume, it connected fine...then when I tried to raise/lower the volume I noticed that the Rotary thing wasn't coming up, just the usual WM volume control. I then tried to sync up the phone and no luck at all.

So I uninstalled the rotary fix and it sync'd up without a problem....?

This time I didn't use ANY backups for my contacts, files, etc...just reentered everything.

Well, I tested the volume changer on the MS3 ROM so I know it works. I also know that syncing works as I have synced and just did so again.

So, now we need to figure out why it doesn't work for you. ;)

Did you download the 2nd one with the word fixed in it?

Guest blazingwolf
I can't seem to launch GPS - I'm sure it's something that I'm overlooking....any suggestions?

Did you turn location to on?

Did you go outside and wait for 10 to 15 minutes?

Did you try different settings for the GPS program?

Is it cloudy where you live right now?

Guest blazingwolf
I have an issue and wanted to see if it is just me/my phone. If I get a call, I can answer it ok by sliding the answer button, but the lock screen that comes up doesnt function. I can't unlock it to get to the keypad, I can't change the volume, end call, hold, mute, speakerphone. None of them work. Ideas?

Press the Dpad button to unlock the screen.

Guest Mastertwiz

Blazingwolf, what is your take on the work being done over at XDA Forums?

WIDGETS PRO PLUS 'BASIC', 'EXTRAS' AND 'ULTIMATE' FOR SPB MOBILE SHELL 3.01 FINAL (QVGA, WQVGA, SQ240 AND SQ320 ONLY) 18TH JUNE 2009.

The Modifications to the menu bar (adding today shortcut/ transparency) look pretty cool. For some reason however, when I install it, It doesn't seem to work properly. I got the extended lifestyles pages (3 (+4 more)), a few of the new widgets, but the task bar didn't change at all. Any thoughts on this?

By the way, thanks for the awesome rom.

Cheers,

Twiz

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf, what is your take on the work being done over at XDA Forums?

WIDGETS PRO PLUS 'BASIC', 'EXTRAS' AND 'ULTIMATE' FOR SPB MOBILE SHELL 3.01 FINAL (QVGA, WQVGA, SQ240 AND SQ320 ONLY) 18TH JUNE 2009.

The Modifications to the menu bar (adding today shortcut/ transparency) look pretty cool. For some reason however, when I install it, It doesn't seem to work properly. I got the extended lifestyles pages (3 (+4 more)), a few of the new widgets, but the task bar didn't change at all. Any thoughts on this?

By the way, thanks for the awesome rom.

Cheers,

Twiz

The issue is the OEM I used. It installs everything to \Windows instead of \Program Files. Because of that most of those changes will not work unless the cab is changed to move the files to \Windows.