[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest icefalkon

Hey BW, I just put on the "fixed" version and again...no luck at all with it. Also, I noticed other problems...such as VVM not working correctly...once I uninstalled it, everything works fine again...weird.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, I just put on the "fixed" version and again...no luck at all with it. Also, I noticed other problems...such as VVM not working correctly...once I uninstalled it, everything works fine again...weird.

Are you installing it to device memory?

Guest pallen
The issue is the OEM I used. It installs everything to \Windows instead of \Program Files. Because of that most of those changes will not work unless the cab is changed to move the files to \Windows.

What is the difference between using the OEM cooked into a ROM vs flashing a base ROM and then installing SPB Mobile Shell over that? Is it just convenience?

Guest blazingwolf
What is the difference between using the OEM cooked into a ROM vs flashing a base ROM and then installing SPB Mobile Shell over that? Is it just convenience?

Yeah, pretty much.

Guest BamDastard

BW, big thanks for these ROMs! I have flashed to the Titanium and have run into a small issue. When I go to messaging and exit out, the soft keys stay the same. What I mean is that the soft keys are still associated with the messaging app as opposed to the current frame of the today screen. A soft reset fixes the problem until I go back into messaging. Any ideas?

Guest blazingwolf
BW, big thanks for these ROMs! I have flashed to the Titanium and have run into a small issue. When I go to messaging and exit out, the soft keys stay the same. What I mean is that the soft keys are still associated with the messaging app as opposed to the current frame of the today screen. A soft reset fixes the problem until I go back into messaging. Any ideas?

Seems weird. What else have you installed?

Guest BrianPick

I wonder if they have cleaned up any thing on the C03 release ? Or if it will be any use at all ? BW what are your thoughts ? Anything you are looking for in the new release ?

Guest blazingwolf
I wonder if they have cleaned up any thing on the C03 release ? Or if it will be any use at all ? BW what are your thoughts ? Anything you are looking for in the new release ?

There might be some new drivers but I'm not confident about that. Once we are able to download when can figure that out. Honestly, the only real benefit I see is the possibility of using an exe for future upgrading.

Guest BrianPick
There might be some new drivers but I'm not confident about that. Once we are able to download when can figure that out. Honestly, the only real benefit I see is the possibility of using an exe for future upgrading.

That could definitely be a benefit. Everyone is circling around this thing like it is the Holy Grail but I just see disappointment. We have it pretty sweet with these 6.5 jobbers. I'll be it doesn't have 110 MB of free rom.

Edited by BrianPick

Guest blazingwolf
That could definitely be a benefit. Everyone is circling around this thing like it is the Holy Grail but I just see disappointment. We have it pretty sweet with these 6.5 jobbers. I'll be it doesn't have 110 MB of free rom.

I doubt it. Not with all of the crud Verizon puts in it.

Guest kevinjrr

Just flashed v10, everything seems good so far. I have one question, I'm normally running the Mobile Shell as my default screen. When the phone locks, it switches over to a screen with the tower background and just displays the digital clock. When you slide to unlock it, it goes back to the MS screen.

Is there a way to keep it on the MS screen while it is locked? I'd like to still be able to view what I have shown while it's locked.

Guest blazingwolf
Hi BW, yes, I'm installing to device memory...

Then I can only think something you are installing is causing an issue. As I said before I have installed this on my device which is currently running the MS3 ROM. It works perfectly fine for me. The first one I posted did have an issue.

Have you installed this with nothing else after the hard reset or only after putting your programs on?

Guest blazingwolf
Just flashed v10, everything seems good so far. I have one question, I'm normally running the Mobile Shell as my default screen. When the phone locks, it switches over to a screen with the tower background and just displays the digital clock. When you slide to unlock it, it goes back to the MS screen.

Is there a way to keep it on the MS screen while it is locked? I'd like to still be able to view what I have shown while it's locked.

No there isn't. I did make a theme to match the look of MS3. It was posted yesterday. ;)

Guest kevinjrr
No there isn't. I did make a theme to match the look of MS3. It was posted yesterday. ;)

Thanks.

However, now I've noticed that occasionally today, when the phone has gone into lock mode, it freezes up and I have to remove the battery to restart it. Any ideas?

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks.

However, now I've noticed that occasionally today, when the phone has gone into lock mode, it freezes up and I have to remove the battery to restart it. Any ideas?

I've not had the problem. What have you installed?

Guest rbwrider

i'm putting the cc20 on my phone right now. it's stuck on 35% writing the amss area image. i don't want to pull it out and brick my phone. any ideas?

Guest kevinjrr

Actually, for the last couple of hours I have noticed that it locks up when I have the feature under the Power settings to "Turn off device" on Battery Power enabled. When this is enabled, and the device is powered off after "x" minutes, it freezes when I try to unlock the phone, or it just goes completely black, requiring me to remove the battery.

When I have this feature disabled, it comes out of the lock mode fine (for now). I would really like to have it enabled to save battery power.

Guest Mastertwiz
The issue is the OEM I used. It installs everything to \Windows instead of \Program Files. Because of that most of those changes will not work unless the cab is changed to move the files to \Windows.

Hiya Blazing,

If you have time, can you modify this this cab to work with your OEM instalation of MS3? If feel these widgets and mod's will finally set me free from the opression of my Sync Cable... I love you MAN! Donation on the way.

Just as an aside, do you know any cool today screen plug-ins that allow for photo scrolling (besides titanium photo - lol)? Thats the only thing I miss from the Window's Defualt Plug-in (that I can't get from a PocketPlus Today Screen anyways).

Many thanks,

Twiz

Edited by Mastertwiz

Guest flnfrmn

Hey BW...do you know how to tether? If so, can u pls help me cause I don't understand it? I have read posts about it but don't understand how. Thanks!