[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I have installed the lastest V10 with the MS3, and I will receive a text, and see the little stardard notification at the top of the screen, but the unlock button doesn't do anything when I tap on it... Do I need to enable another setting somewhere? I tried it by sending myself a text, locking the screen, and seeing the icon at the top of the screen, but not having the ability to tap the unlock to show any notifications... Perhaps it is just me?

All right. It seems to be a bug for some reason. I'll look in to it.

Guest JDawg183
Are you syncing mail to outlook? If yes then you can't set up an exchange account until you remove that.

I am sorry, color me stupid, but what do i need to remove? And yes, it is outlook, but before, there were two mail options in messaging, set up new mail, and set up outlook email, now i only have the new mail option.

Guest jeunessedoree12
All right. It seems to be a bug for some reason. I'll look in to it.

Thanks Blazingwolf. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. One more question, as again I searched, but found nothing, using the standard keyboard under Txt9, it won't let me "add word" to save it to my dictionary. Do I just need to go in and manually add words I know I will be using, such as nicknames etc? The add word line will pop up, but goes away immediately. I do not have any extra keyboards installed other than your ROM. Again I apologize if this has been asked but I looked hard and couldn't find anything.

Scratch that, I used google and found it was a CC20 issue and all cooked ROMs based on that will have the issue.

Edited by jeunessedoree12

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE

hey wassup guys, firstoff im so happy cuz wit dis rom being my third flash my gps now works!!! thanks alot blazing. So i have the ms3 version n everything runs so smoothly cept one thing, every once in a while wen im in contacts i wont b able to leave that screen. is it a bug or is it just me, n also if spmething bout dis has been posted just let me noe n ill look for it its jus im on my fone rite now ;) thnx

Guest Fecious

Hey BW, I'm using the MS3 ROM, and when I go into settings via MS3, nothing shows up. It shows up when I go through the honeycomb way, but not through MS3. You got any ideas?

Edit: fixed itself. :boggled:

Edited by Fecious

Just flashed CF03 then reflashed MS3 edition. Still works great. Just though you might want to know.

I just updated the CF rom, locked on with Google maps. then flashed to BW 6.5 rom installed G-Maps and it recieved a lock within in 20 seconds. Bing worked as well! YAY! I really think this is AGPS!

Guest dercetojones
I just updated the CF rom, locked on with Google maps. then flashed to BW 6.5 rom installed G-Maps and it recieved a lock within in 20 seconds. Bing worked as well! YAY! I really think this is AGPS!

It does not work the same with BW's rom as it did with the clean CF03 flash. I was able to get my general location in google maps without turning on gps, but after flashing to BW's rom, this does not work. Bing doesn't work for me either. I'm wondering what the difference between us would be? I did a hard reset, flashed CF03, *228, and then flashed BWs rom. The hard reset and *228 were probably unnecessary but I thought what the heck.

Edited by dercetojones

Guest Lisbian08
It does not work the same with BW's rom as it did with the clean CF03 flash. I was able to get my general location in google maps without turning on gps, but after flashing to BW's rom, this does not work. Bing doesn't work for me either. I'm wondering what the difference between us would be? I did a hard reset, flashed CF03, *228, and then flashed BWs rom. The hard reset and *228 were probably unnecessary but I thought what the heck.

I agree, and I admit I don't fully understand the difference between flashing the CF03 and the BW 6.5 version, but you definitely lose the gps functionality once you don't have the original cf03

Guest Rabid_Monkey

BW,

First, thank you soo much for all of your time and hard work creating these awesome ROMs! Yours is my first cooked ROM and it has renewed my faith in the Omnia as an awesome platform. ;)

Quick question: I really enjoy greatbal's Neo theme that you've packaged with the ROM, but I'd like to try some of the others that are available. I follow the common instructions of:

1. Disable "Windows Default" in Today settings

2. Soft reset (I've tried it without this step also)

3. Install .cab of new theme (to Device)

4. Re-enable "Windows Default" in Today settings

5. Soft reset again (tried it anyway)

What shows up on the Today screen is a combination of the Neo theme and whatever I tried to install both displayed at the same time over each other. Do I first have to 'uninstall' the Neo theme somehow? And since I'm a 6.5 noob...the 'Appearance' themes under today settings only change the color theming throughout the device, correct?

Thanks again for some top notch work!

Guest dercetojones
I agree, and I admit I don't fully understand the difference between flashing the CF03 and the BW 6.5 version, but you definitely lose the gps functionality once you don't have the original cf03

The way I understand it is that the CF03 flash overwrites not only the OS, but also the phone and boot (and other) portions of the rom. BW's rom is just for the OS. The reason stuff doesn't work anymore would be, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, that BWs OS has different drivers that load than that of the CF03 OS, which then provides a different interface to software like Google Maps. Where the CF03 drivers allowed for things like the general location calculation, BW's drivers don't know how to get that out of the phone/gps radio(s).

Edited by dercetojones

The way I understand it is that the CF03 flash overwrites not only the OS, but also the phone and boot (and other) portions of the rom. BW's rom is just for the OS. The reason stuff doesn't work anymore would be, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, please, that BWs OS has different drivers that load than that of the CF03 OS, which then provides a different interface to software like Google Maps. Where the CF03 drivers allowed for things like the general location calculation, BW's drivers don't know how to get that out of the phone/gps radio(s).

When I did this, I did not do a hard reset nor did I do *228. I simply loaded up BW firmware, turned on the Location feature, and loaded google maps, it really did lock on pretty quick. Bing on the other hand took a little bit to go, but it did lock on.

The weird issue i'm having now is after installing SPB phone suite i'm stuck on the loading screen that had Blazin Wolf's logo on it. I think i'm gonna reload the CFRom and make sure i'm not going insane due to GPS giddiness. lol

**edit#1 - I did a hard reset and wipe whatever program that caused my endless loading. At this point I STILL had BW's latest rom on my Omnia. I just reinstalled Google Maps, configured the GPS Com8 57600, and counted 24 seconds and it got a lock. Now I should also mention, im in an apartment facing the southern sky (in Arizona), I did go outside when I did this, and my VZ signal (which may not matter) was at 2 bars.

So something is definately working. Wasn't there an AGPS test program floating around one of these forums? Maybe we could try that.

**edit#2 - I just soft-reset the phone. Loaded Bing and it also again worked. I might have to video record this for proof.

Edited by Mi6

Guest Stealth Pope
Here you go. I like this one. Might have to think about including it in the next release. ;)

Hey BW, I appreciate that you tweaked this CAB to work with the ROM. I have a concern that I don't know was effected after I installed it. That little "Satellite Triangalation" thing that you included in the programs listing, seems to be missing. Was it ever in the MS3 version of the ROM?

Guest blazingwolf
I am sorry, color me stupid, but what do i need to remove? And yes, it is outlook, but before, there were two mail options in messaging, set up new mail, and set up outlook email, now i only have the new mail option.

It's the way it works. I don't have an explanation other then that.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks Blazingwolf. All your hard work is greatly appreciated. One more question, as again I searched, but found nothing, using the standard keyboard under Txt9, it won't let me "add word" to save it to my dictionary. Do I just need to go in and manually add words I know I will be using, such as nicknames etc? The add word line will pop up, but goes away immediately. I do not have any extra keyboards installed other than your ROM. Again I apologize if this has been asked but I looked hard and couldn't find anything.

Scratch that, I used google and found it was a CC20 issue and all cooked ROMs based on that will have the issue.

I'm glad you found that as it would have been my answer. Seems the CF03 ROM has the same keyboard issue. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
hey wassup guys, firstoff im so happy cuz wit dis rom being my third flash my gps now works!!! thanks alot blazing. So i have the ms3 version n everything runs so smoothly cept one thing, every once in a while wen im in contacts i wont b able to leave that screen. is it a bug or is it just me, n also if spmething bout dis has been posted just let me noe n ill look for it its jus im on my fone rite now ;) thnx

Hmm I haven't seen this issue before. Is this from normal contacts? How are you trying to get out of the screen? Which screen is it? The list or in contact details?

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, I'm using the MS3 ROM, and when I go into settings via MS3, nothing shows up. It shows up when I go through the honeycomb way, but not through MS3. You got any ideas?

Edit: fixed itself. :boggled:

I've heard of this happening with MS3 before. I have no idea what causes it.

Guest blazingwolf

Yeah, I can see how things might be broken. I have CF03 and will be working on it to start making new ROMs. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

First, thank you soo much for all of your time and hard work creating these awesome ROMs! Yours is my first cooked ROM and it has renewed my faith in the Omnia as an awesome platform. ;)

Quick question: I really enjoy greatbal's Neo theme that you've packaged with the ROM, but I'd like to try some of the others that are available. I follow the common instructions of:

1. Disable "Windows Default" in Today settings

2. Soft reset (I've tried it without this step also)

3. Install .cab of new theme (to Device)

4. Re-enable "Windows Default" in Today settings

5. Soft reset again (tried it anyway)

What shows up on the Today screen is a combination of the Neo theme and whatever I tried to install both displayed at the same time over each other. Do I first have to 'uninstall' the Neo theme somehow? And since I'm a 6.5 noob...the 'Appearance' themes under today settings only change the color theming throughout the device, correct?

Thanks again for some top notch work!

I have a cab in the first post that will bring you back to the normal Titanium look. Then the new panels you install will fit in better. :D

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, I appreciate that you tweaked this CAB to work with the ROM. I have a concern that I don't know was effected after I installed it. That little "Satellite Triangalation" thing that you included in the programs listing, seems to be missing. Was it ever in the MS3 version of the ROM?

It's been removed as it did not really work. I did add back the GPS toggle. Besides, it looks like we my not need it anymore with the CF03 ROM.

Guest Stealth Pope
It's been removed as it did not really work. I did add back the GPS toggle. Besides, it looks like we my not need it anymore with the CF03 ROM.

I would LOVE to flash the CF03 ROM, but they have no love for us Vista 64 bit users, come on Verizon!

Guest blazingwolf

@ Everyone,

Production will be halted for a little while. I will be working on the new CF03 ROM to get it running and customized. Once I get this finished I will start building ROMs using it as the base. I'm not sure when I will get them out but I will be working on it.

I will probably start a new thread once I do since this one is so long now. ;)

Please be patient as I work. :D

Guest missing2
@ Everyone,

Production will be halted for a little while. I will be working on the new CF03 ROM to get it running and customized. Once I get this finished I will start building ROMs using it as the base. I'm not sure when I will get them out but I will be working on it.

I will probably start a new thread once I do since this one is so long now. ;)

Please be patient as I work. :D

Cant wait =)

Guest dercetojones
I would LOVE to flash the CF03 ROM, but they have no love for us Vista 64 bit users, come on Verizon!

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and it worked just fine if i ran the update in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. I'd be surprised if it truly won't work in real Vista 64-bit.

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE
Hmm I haven't seen this issue before. Is this from normal contacts? How are you trying to get out of the screen? Which screen is it? The list or in contact details?

I do it from SPB contacts...I created a widget on my lifestyle screen, and its pretty much at any contact screen that it might freeze. For example its happened on my fav contact screen, my actual list screen, and even once on the screen where the green button that says mobile so you can call them, it doesnt happen often, but its happened about 4 times since Ive updated to this rom...Thanks for your reply