[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest dercetojones
When I did this, I did not do a hard reset nor did I do *228. I simply loaded up BW firmware, turned on the Location feature, and loaded google maps, it really did lock on pretty quick. Bing on the other hand took a little bit to go, but it did lock on.

The weird issue i'm having now is after installing SPB phone suite i'm stuck on the loading screen that had Blazin Wolf's logo on it. I think i'm gonna reload the CFRom and make sure i'm not going insane due to GPS giddiness. lol

**edit#1 - I did a hard reset and wipe whatever program that caused my endless loading. At this point I STILL had BW's latest rom on my Omnia. I just reinstalled Google Maps, configured the GPS Com8 57600, and counted 24 seconds and it got a lock. Now I should also mention, im in an apartment facing the southern sky (in Arizona), I did go outside when I did this, and my VZ signal (which may not matter) was at 2 bars.

So something is definately working. Wasn't there an AGPS test program floating around one of these forums? Maybe we could try that.

**edit#2 - I just soft-reset the phone. Loaded Bing and it also again worked. I might have to video record this for proof.

The key difference here is that, right after I flashed and *228'd, I didn't have to enable GPS for Google Maps to know where I was (roughly). It didn't acquire a lock or anything like that. It loaded and pretty much instantly (less than a second) pointed pretty close to where i was and said my location was accurate within 1200 meters. Then I enabled GPS and it got an actual lock soon after, making it more acurate (within a few meters). Now I can still get a satellite lock, yes, but its the other part that isn't working after I flashed to BWs rom.

PS -- I'm not complaining in any way. I'll take BW's 6.5 rom with halfass GPS any day over the default crap with nice location capabilities.

Guest The_Guchi

i am brand new here and i literally bought this i910 phone yesterday and didnt know you could not use 3rd party gps apps when i bought it. by lunch time i registering here and now (before i even get my phone Vzw puts this out) neat!

anyways i have a question because this is my first smart phone... i want to try some of the roms you have made but i am scared of bricking my phone, will the next ones use the vzw installer like the official upgrade? sorry if this is a dumb question...

@ Everyone,

Production will be halted for a little while. I will be working on the new CF03 ROM to get it running and customized. Once I get this finished I will start building ROMs using it as the base. I'm not sure when I will get them out but I will be working on it.

I will probably start a new thread once I do since this one is so long now. ;)

Please be patient as I work. :D

Guest Stealth Pope
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit and it worked just fine if i ran the update in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. I'd be surprised if it truly won't work in real Vista 64-bit.

Well, I have Vista 64, and I have tried multiple times to run the executable for Vista, it won't work. I don't have the option to change my compatibiliy to another version of Windows (I have tried Windows XP SP3 and Server 2003). I guess it is working just fine for all the Windows 7 people. The executable just keeps saying that I don't have the Windows Mobile Devie Center installed. And, as it says from the Samsung update site, they don't currently have an "official" way to do with 64 bit operating system.....I will need to wait in the wings until someone gets around to writing one.

Guest blazingwolf
I do it from SPB contacts...I created a widget on my lifestyle screen, and its pretty much at any contact screen that it might freeze. For example its happened on my fav contact screen, my actual list screen, and even once on the screen where the green button that says mobile so you can call them, it doesnt happen often, but its happened about 4 times since Ive updated to this rom...Thanks for your reply

Any other software or tweaks that you have added to your device?

Guest blazingwolf
i am brand new here and i literally bought this i910 phone yesterday and didnt know you could not use 3rd party gps apps when i bought it. by lunch time i registering here and now (before i even get my phone Vzw puts this out) neat!

anyways i have a question because this is my first smart phone... i want to try some of the roms you have made but i am scared of bricking my phone, will the next ones use the vzw installer like the official upgrade? sorry if this is a dumb question...

Welcome to the club. ;) The Omnia is a great device made better by cooked ROMs. :D

As of right now it does not look to be possible for us to create exe installers. I'm hoping someone will come along and help us with this but the tools we use don't seem to be able to do this. Probably because of the differences between the i900 and the i910.

Guest blazingwolf
wolf enjoy the diet Pepsi lol lol :) and get us that ROM the wolf pack is hungry

Thank you. I appreciate it. :D Even if it is diet. ;)

Guest rcicu
@ Everyone,

Production will be halted for a little while. I will be working on the new CF03 ROM to get it running and customized. Once I get this finished I will start building ROMs using it as the base. I'm not sure when I will get them out but I will be working on it.

I will probably start a new thread once I do since this one is so long now. ;)

I am sooo excited to see what you are able to do in your kitchen!!! Thank you for all your hard work!!

Guest dercetojones
Well, I have Vista 64, and I have tried multiple times to run the executable for Vista, it won't work. I don't have the option to change my compatibiliy to another version of Windows (I have tried Windows XP SP3 and Server 2003). I guess it is working just fine for all the Windows 7 people. The executable just keeps saying that I don't have the Windows Mobile Devie Center installed. And, as it says from the Samsung update site, they don't currently have an "official" way to do with 64 bit operating system.....I will need to wait in the wings until someone gets around to writing one.

I'm assuming you do have device center and SP2 installed?

Guest s10camaro

@Stealth Pope

Dont you have any other pc?

i had to use my mothers crap laptop.

anyways just wait for a cooked rom, this isn't that great i mean dealing with wm6.1 SUCKS!

agps is the only cool thing.

GO BW! yay for your badass roms!

Guest compnird

I have tried every single ROM out there and the v10 MS3 ROM is by far the best one yet for me! I can not wait for this one to get a new CF03 base.

BW and RR... Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to us ROM junkies. When you release an MS3 ROM update based on the newest official CF03 firmware I will buy you guys a beer or two!

Thanks!

Guest compnird
@ Everyone,

I will probably start a new thread once I do since this one is so long now. :)

Kick some butt BW! I sent you some funds.... even if you are a Pepsi drinker. Coke or RC man.... can't spell PE PIS without PEPSI!

Guest JDawg183

Just a short note to give some praise to the Master Chef. I have said it a few times, but i dont think i have said it enough. Thank you very much Blaze, you are the man! I get all sorts of giddy playing with my phone nowadays because of all the cool new things. Thanks!

Guest Mastertwiz
Just a short note to give some praise to the Master Chef. I have said it a few times, but i dont think i have said it enough. Thank you very much Blaze, you are the man! I get all sorts of giddy playing with my phone nowadays because of all the cool new things. Thanks!

My thoughts exactly!

On that note... I'm at a loss and could use some help Blazing... I know you're moving on to the new official Kitchen, but if you don't mind, could you tell me how to restore basic titanium panels on your MS3 ROM? I've just discovered the wonders of MS3 + Today Screen (Pocket Plus) + Today Screen 2! (??Titanium Panels??). I tried installing random panel cabs over your ROM; TiWeather, Chome editor, etc. (no luck). I also tried backing everything up and restoring over another ROM base, but that won't copy over the MS3 OEM installation. It's not big deal or anything, I'm just trying to create the ultimate Omnia Interface with 6.5 Panels, GPS Toggle/Pocket Plus Flexibility, and the spunky nature of custom MS3.

Thanks,

Twiz

Guest saruutskushii

wow there is an update for the i910 on samsung's website.. wow took them forever are we going to need to use these with a new build blazin

Guest JDawg183
wow there is an update for the i910 on samsung's website.. wow took them forever are we going to need to use these with a new build blazin

Hey! Don't disturb the wolf! He has been slaving over a hot stove all day and doesnt need people bothering him every 5 seconds for updates.

On a completely unrelated note, do you have an updated version yet Blaze?

DISCLAIMER:

This post was a complete joke, I am not a real d-bag, i just play one on TV while telling everyone how cool the iPhone is because Apple just invented copy and paste and video recording which has never been seen on a phone before.

Guest jagnfly
My thoughts exactly!

On that note... I'm at a loss and could use some help Blazing... I know you're moving on to the new official Kitchen, but if you don't mind, could you tell me how to restore basic titanium panels on your MS3 ROM? I've just discovered the wonders of MS3 + Today Screen (Pocket Plus) + Today Screen 2! (??Titanium Panels??). I tried installing random panel cabs over your ROM; TiWeather, Chome editor, etc. (no luck). I also tried backing everything up and restoring over another ROM base, but that won't copy over the MS3 OEM installation. It's not big deal or anything, I'm just trying to create the ultimate Omnia Interface with 6.5 Panels, GPS Toggle/Pocket Plus Flexibility, and the spunky nature of custom MS3.

Thanks,

Twiz

Just a quick thought from a noob... while BW is busy cooking, you may have an option to get what you're looking for. If you flash to BW's v10 NEO rom which has titanuim, you can then install the MS3 shell on top. I have done this with no problem, though I've moved on to several other configurations since then. If you like the Ultimate widget pack listed earlier in this thread, you can use the original unmodified pack which installs to '\program files\SPB Mobile Shell' instead of '\windows'.

Guest Lisbian08
Just a quick thought from a noob... while BW is busy cooking, you may have an option to get what you're looking for. If you flash to BW's v10 NEO rom which has titanuim, you can then install the MS3 shell on top. I have done this with no problem, though I've moved on to several other configurations since then. If you like the Ultimate widget pack listed earlier in this thread, you can use the original unmodified pack which installs to '\program files\SPB Mobile Shell' instead of '\windows'.

Absolutely correct. BW installed an OEM version of MS 301. OEM versions of software are needed to be cooked into ROMs. If you installed MS 301 yourself then use the regular file not the altered one.

Guest Lisbian08
My thoughts exactly!

Thanks,

Twiz

Being an SPB Mobile shell user myself. The better way to go on this is to install his new CF03 ROM with the Neo panels installed then install your copy of MS 301 over the top of that. I think in the long run your will be happier with that. That just my opinion. I am not the master, just another minion... ;)

Guest jagnfly
Being an SPB Mobile shell user myself. The better way to go on this is to install his new CF03 ROM with the Neo panels installed then install your copy of MS 301 over the top of that. I think in the long run your will be happier with that. That just my opinion. I am not the master, just another minion... ;)

Thanks for the input, I flashed to CF03 but have not had time to play with it yet and was unaware.

BTW, concerning that Ultimate Widget Pack, has anyone else had issues with the 'Backlight Panel'? No matter which clean installation I have tried on which rom version, when I touch anywhere on the screen with that panel open, the MS3 shell locks up. If I can manage to break out of the shell (I can use a hard key that's been reassigned to something outside the shell) then everything else still works no problem. I have to soft reset to get MS3 working properly.

For now, I just remove the backlight panel from the registry. If anyone else is experiencing this, BW might want to test it first if he's thinking of cooking it into one of his roms. If its just me, then no worries.

Guest Lisbian08
Thanks for the input, I flashed to CF03 but have not had time to play with it yet and was unaware.

BTW, concerning that Ultimate Widget Pack, has anyone else had issues with the 'Backlight Panel'? No matter which clean installation I have tried on which rom version, when I touch anywhere on the screen with that panel open, the MS3 shell locks up. If I can manage to break out of the shell (I can use a hard key that's been reassigned to something outside the shell) then everything else still works no problem. I have to soft reset to get MS3 working properly.

For now, I just remove the backlight panel from the registry. If anyone else is experiencing this, BW might want to test it first if he's thinking of cooking it into one of his roms. If its just me, then no worries.

I couldn't get the backlight panel to work either with a clean MS 301 install or with the OEM. You are not alone... ;)