[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest Tim-H
2 builds in one day got released 21731 and 21806 holy crap!!!

The final build has been released to carriers already, shouldn't be too long before someone gets their hands on it.

Guest blazingwolf
The final build has been released to carriers already, shouldn't be too long before someone gets their hands on it.

The RTM was 21234. That is what Microsoft used in the SDK. Most of the other builds we have been seeing are from OEMs working on things to get it working on their phones.

@Everyone,

I'm going to hold off for a little bit to see which version shakes out best. No sense in building in to find out the other is better.

CLauncher will be in the next build as I got that working

Capitals will be in the next build as that is now working

CLinks will be in the next build as it is now working

I'm still working on the missing email icon for the CHome panel. I now know that it only happens for activesync accounts and I believe I know how to fix it if I can get the registry change to stick.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Vahnyyz

i'm sure we all have the utmost confidence in your skills blaze, thanks for looking out for our best interest in figuring out which of the leaks would best suit the phones.

Guest Stealth Pope

Hey Blaze, great stuff here, I found one possible bug on searching for media. After I have my phone update the library of music and videos everything works fine, but if I restart the phone, it will forget were all the songs and videos were. I can have it find them again, and it works after that, but is there a fix for that?

Guest xpilesx

I just can't wait to see an official release from Verizon for a more reliable gps and a better core rom to build off of. Then a 6.5 release that has a better working lock screen would be nice. Love what you've done blaze keep up the excellent work!

Guest blazingwolf
Hey Blaze, great stuff here, I found one possible bug on searching for media. After I have my phone update the library of music and videos everything works fine, but if I restart the phone, it will forget were all the songs and videos were. I can have it find them again, and it works after that, but is there a fix for that?

Well, I just tested this on my device with a 21806 build and I had no issue. So, either this build fixes the issue or I am unable to reproduce it. Once I release this version please test it and let me know if you have the same issue. Thanks.

Guest blazingwolf
I just can't wait to see an official release from Verizon for a more reliable gps and a better core rom to build off of. Then a 6.5 release that has a better working lock screen would be nice. Love what you've done blaze keep up the excellent work!

Yes it would be great for that to happen though I am not getting my hopes up. Are you having issues with the lock screen? It was working very nicely for me in 21728.

Guest Tim-H
The RTM was 21234. That is what Microsoft used in the SDK. Most of the other builds we have been seeing are from OEMs working on things to get it working on their phones.

ah, alright, didn't know.

What problems with the lock screen were there? I'm on 21728 and havent had an issues with it yet.

Guest Digital Vampire

BlazingWolf,

I love your new ROM, I think it works wonderfully!

The only issue I had was a noticeable drain in battery. Normally, after a work day I'm at 80-85% - however I have noticed I'm dropping between 50-60%.

I am manually updating the Weather App, so it's not automatically pulling data, and I do have a Outlook account that I'm connecting to, but that was there before. I'm wondering if it isn't this Broadband issue that is happening, as I noticed yesterday and the night before it kept dialing broadband for each app.

Other than that, I love - thanks so much and keep up the wonderful work!

-DV

Guest blazingwolf
BlazingWolf,

I love your new ROM, I think it works wonderfully!

The only issue I had was a noticeable drain in battery. Normally, after a work day I'm at 80-85% - however I have noticed I'm dropping between 50-60%.

I am manually updating the Weather App, so it's not automatically pulling data, and I do have a Outlook account that I'm connecting to, but that was there before. I'm wondering if it isn't this Broadband issue that is happening, as I noticed yesterday and the night before it kept dialing broadband for each app.

Other than that, I love - thanks so much and keep up the wonderful work!

-DV

Which version are you using? Version 4 had the 1% battery dll which was pulled in version 4.1 because of the drain. I have not had any issues with 4.1.

Glad you like the ROM. <_<

Guest blazingwolf
I just swapped to 4.1 Blaze!! time to see all the goodies you put in!! Tethered to my laptop as we speak.

Great! :)

Uploading a new version as we speak. <_<

Guest blazingwolf
whats gonna be different on it???

SYS and XIP from 21806 which has been said to perform a bit better.

CLauncher built in and on from the start

CHome built in and on from the start

CLinks built in and on from the start

Capitals in the panels.

New splash screen (I like it anyways <_<)

New lock screen orientation (slider on the bottom to make it easier to use) portrait only

Little odds and ends fixes that will hopefully make things run better.

Guest blazingwolf
so 21806 has the digital batt meter and highlighted honeycomb startmenu

Not out of the box. I have added in the honeycomb in to my ROM but not the digital battery. It's a good idea though.

Guest blazingwolf
how much longer lol?? i think i'm addicted to flashing lol

About 15 or 20 minutes. I thought I was finished but 4Shared crapped out on me.

Guest flnfrmn
Not out of the box. I have added in the honeycomb in to my ROM but not the digital battery. It's a good idea though.

Techmaster won't help you out with the digital battery meter? <_<

Guest blazingwolf

New ROM up and links are in the first post.

As usual please let em know if you have issues and remember to soft reset after flashing to get the theme working correctly.

Guest MrCapcom
i like it so far! but one question...what is that purple line at the top?? just curious..

that means ur battery is charging take the charger out and bam its a bunch of other colors but the line goes down depending on how much batt life u have left