[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
you have to replace bbcbres.dll in \Entertainment_DPI_96\ with an old version.

I tried that but it didn't work. I will try again though. Thanks.

Guest LarryP

Chrome Editor doesnt seem to remember the menu order? And some how Home lost its default focus, you know how you hit the end key and home pops up as the default? Now its just random as to wich one takes the focus. It really doesnt matter, i was just curious. I know it will be all new with 5.2 :D

Cant wait for the next release that Greatbal skin looks really cool but for some reason it wouldnt work for me. Even with Weather fix and removing the panels that you mentioned wouldnt work. Like i said can wait for version 5.2 ;)

Awsome work, now i have Weather with raidar, SkyFire is amazing. I know how much work you put into this and i wanna say thanks.

Guest techmaster7545

This is for the new theme bw is adding it makes the panel match top and bottom bars so much better i changed it in photoshop bw might be doing it to please leave comments

place this file in Program Files/greatbal/mytitanium/shadow/images and overwrite file

This is the result

post-534562-1245010680_thumb.png

Heres the file click then right click then save image as

post-534562-1245010307_thumb.png

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest Tim-H
This is for the new theme bw is adding it makes the panel match top and bottom bars so much better i changed it in photoshop bw might be doing it to please leave comments

place this file in Program Files/greatbal/mytitanium/shadow/images and overwrite file

This is the result

That looks really good, I like the original font though.

Edit: Techmaster, you said you are pretty good with graphics design. I'm not sure howmuch greatbal wants people changing up his interface but is it possible for you to work on the weather graphics, and make them not so cartoony. I really like the default titanium weather graphics.

This is what i mean, not liking how cartoony/fake the look is.

post-522618-1245013593_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tim-H

Guest whiteblazer00

This is the result

I like that theme, can't wait for the new Rom!

Guest Vahnyyz

so i use this website called "Fizy.com" i try using opera but it craps out for some reason just giving me an "ERROR!" in task manager when i try to force it closed

it racks up to 11.1 mb somehow even though the site is pretty "simple" without having been able to log in

i've also had issues with it freezing up and stopping randomly during texts, like when i initially open it, it freezes up and no matter what i try it wont let me type with XT9 keyboard, but if i switch to keyboard it lets me (i prefer xt9 cause its easier for me) and then i'll have to either switch or close out the text and reopen it to let it let me use it, but closing out the text makes the taskbar at the top have the desktop theme instead of "Inbox and Received" at the top.

these aren't big issues i guess cause i could just stop trying to use fizy and wait out the timing out of the taskbar at the top

i just thought i'd report it.

btw the only thing "installed" is IGO 8 and the cab to fix the Titanium Weather thing.

Guest blazingwolf

Edit: Techmaster, you said you are pretty good with graphics design. I'm not sure howmuch greatbal wants people changing up his interface but is it possible for you to work on the weather graphics, and make them not so cartoony. I really like the default titanium weather graphics.

You can change the icons. :D There are several kinds out there that will work in the place of these.

Guest blazingwolf

That looks nice. :D I'll put it in.

Guest blazingwolf
so i use this website called "Fizy.com" i try using opera but it craps out for some reason just giving me an "ERROR!" in task manager when i try to force it closed

it racks up to 11.1 mb somehow even though the site is pretty "simple" without having been able to log in

i've also had issues with it freezing up and stopping randomly during texts, like when i initially open it, it freezes up and no matter what i try it wont let me type with XT9 keyboard, but if i switch to keyboard it lets me (i prefer xt9 cause its easier for me) and then i'll have to either switch or close out the text and reopen it to let it let me use it, but closing out the text makes the taskbar at the top have the desktop theme instead of "Inbox and Received" at the top.

these aren't big issues i guess cause i could just stop trying to use fizy and wait out the timing out of the taskbar at the top

i just thought i'd report it.

btw the only thing "installed" is IGO 8 and the cab to fix the Titanium Weather thing.

I've never heard of Fizy.com before so I couldn't even begin to tell you why there would be a problem. I know that Opera is working well for me as I have used it today several times. I'll try Fizy and see what happens.

I've not experienced the lock ups either but maybe the new SYS and XIP have something to do with it. Let me know if you have issues after you flash the new version.

Guest monsterpt

This is the result

Which CHome image are you replacing?

Edit: nevermind

Edited by monsterpt

Guest blazingwolf

@Everyone,

after a surprise family trip to the water park and an IT emergency with my Mother-In_Laws laptop I'm a whole lot behind on the ROM. I have some more work to do and I hope to have a release late tonight eastern time. Sorry about the delay. I hope the wait will be worth it.

I do have the Opera Panel working in the new design and users of my ROM will be the first to get it. :D I hope to have CLauncher finished to but I'm not sure that will happen.

Guest Tim-H
You can change the icons. :D There are several kinds out there that will work in the place of these.

Ah nice, looking forward to the next release!

Guest monsterpt
That looks nice. :D I'll put it in.

Nice work. I tried this background, I actually like the original better. I use the gloss black theme with this theme and the combination of the two has alot of subtle glossy effects.

This may work better for some of the lighter backgrounds though.

BW, any luck changing the clock color to make it easier to see with lighter backgrounds?

Guest techmaster7545

thanks, i didnt change the font thats just mine ,as far as icons mine is not cartoon looking ill see if i cant post them in a few

Guest techmaster7545

Here are the weather icons i use they dont have a cartoon look

Weather_icons.rar

Guest tmar23
@Everyone,

after a surprise family trip to the water park and an IT emergency with my Mother-In_Laws laptop I'm a whole lot behind on the ROM. I have some more work to do and I hope to have a release late tonight eastern time. Sorry about the delay. I hope the wait will be worth it.

I do have the Opera Panel working in the new design and users of my ROM will be the first to get it. ;) I hope to have CLauncher finished to but I'm not sure that will happen.

Can't wait for the new rom! Really stupid question so please excuse my ignorance, and I thought I remember reading this on one of the pages, but I couldn't find it now (of course :D ) -- When loading the new version, do I need to do a hard reset? If so, will a hard reset take me back to the CC20 rom, then? Just trying to understand this stuff a little better!

Guest Vahnyyz

no, after using the new rom, you should do a soft reset, a hard reset will keep you on the new rom but erase what wasn't on the firmware (i would assume)

so after flashing your phone with the new file from blaze you'll do a soft reset (the little hole next to the power button) and you should be up and running.

Guest tmar23
no, after using the new rom, you should do a soft reset, a hard reset will keep you on the new rom but erase what wasn't on the firmware (i would assume)

so after flashing your phone with the new file from blaze you'll do a soft reset (the little hole next to the power button) and you should be up and running.

Thanks, but I wasn't very clear in my question, so I need to clarify. ;) When BW's new version is available. Do I need to do a hard reset before I load this new version? (I did that for the CC20 flash). Or, is there no need to hard reset before loading the new version of BW's rom that we all eagerly anticipate? :D

The reason I ask is two-fold -- 1) I want to make sure I do it right. 2) I tried to update to the analog clock updates, and I had problems with this. I can now no longer run the today screen. I get an error message saying that "an error occured retrieving the registry key"? (I am hoping when I update to the new version, my problem will go away! :D

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks, but I wasn't very clear in my question, so I need to clarify. :D When BW's new version is available. Do I need to do a hard reset before I load this new version? (I did that for the CC20 flash). Or, is there no need to hard reset before loading the new version of BW's rom that we all eagerly anticipate? :D

The reason I ask is two-fold -- 1) I want to make sure I do it right. 2) I tried to update to the analog clock updates, and I had problems with this. I can now no longer run the today screen. I get an error message saying that "an error occured retrieving the registry key"? (I am hoping when I update to the new version, my problem will go away! :D

No, you do not need to do a hard reset. The flash will do that for you. ;)

A hard reset will fix your current issue though.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest techmaster7545
Thanks, but I wasn't very clear in my question, so I need to clarify. ;) When BW's new version is available. Do I need to do a hard reset before I load this new version? (I did that for the CC20 flash). Or, is there no need to hard reset before loading the new version of BW's rom that we all eagerly anticipate? :D

i never hard reset

Guest tmar23
No, you do not need to do a hard reset. The flash will do that for you. :D

A hard reset will fix your current issue though.

Thanks, that is what I was hoping! ;)