[ROM] blazingwolf Rock and Republic WM6.5 v10

Guest blazingwolf

Guest soldierangel

Blazingwolf,

First off, thank you so much for making such an awesome ROM for my Omnia, you have really made it a phone worth having now.

I do, unfortunately, have another bug. At least I think it is a bug. This is my second version of this ROM that I have tried out, the prior version was downloaded about a week ago. On this one I was unable to send my contacts that I had backed up on my computer via bluetooth. I was able to with the prior version that I had. I skimmed the thread, but did not find any mention of this. My computer now tells me that the device does not support file transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest monsterpt

BW,

Just an FYI on the battery life with the 1% driver...

After a full days work and receiving emails every 2 hours from 3 different accounts (110 total) I am down to 54% battery life.

Not terrible, but not as good as it was.

From what all of the other forums say, the new driver puts a large drain on the battery due to the refresh rate.

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf,

First off, thank you so much for making such an awesome ROM for my Omnia, you have really made it a phone worth having now.

I do, unfortunately, have another bug. At least I think it is a bug. This is my second version of this ROM that I have tried out, the prior version was downloaded about a week ago. On this one I was unable to send my contacts that I had backed up on my computer via bluetooth. I was able to with the prior version that I had. I skimmed the thread, but did not find any mention of this. My computer now tells me that the device does not support file transfer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, I left the IRDA folders out of the SYS by accident. I discovered this a little bit ago myself doing some testing. Once again being sleepy kills me. Sorry and it will be fixed soon.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

Just an FYI on the battery life with the 1% driver...

After a full days work and receiving emails every 2 hours from 3 different accounts (110 total) I am down to 54% battery life.

Not terrible, but not as good as it was.

From what all of the other forums say, the new driver puts a large drain on the battery due to the refresh rate.

Yep, this is why I mentioned it in the release notes. I'm using the 1024 driver though which is the best of them. The question is is does everyone want it changed back?

Guest Stealth Pope
Yep, this is why I mentioned it in the release notes. I'm using the 1024 driver though which is the best of them. The question is is does everyone want it changed back?

I haven't downloaded and flashed your latest (waiting on the GPS toggled one), but what is the benefit of the 1% battery? I haven't seen it in action yet. My opinion, the phone can suck through the battery at times, and if its just something that looks cool, but blows through the battery, I'd rather have the past versions of Batti that you have in it. Just my 2 cents worth. (Ever wonder why their isn't a "cents" on the keyboard?)

Edited by Stealth Pope

Guest iwanaleya

Personally I like the novelty of the %1 indicator, but for me it's more important to be able to maximize being non-tethered. So one vote for the old %5 drivers making a return eventually.

Guest blazingwolf
I haven't downloaded and flashed your latest (waiting on the GPS toggled one), but what is the benefit of the 1% battery? I haven't seen it in action yet. My opinion, the phone can suck through the battery at times, and if its just something that looks cool, but blows through the battery, I'd rather have the past versions of Batti that you have in it. Just my 2 cents worth. (Ever wonder why their isn't a "cents" on the keyboard?)

The 1% battery driver doesn't really ave anything to do with Batti. It allows you to see the battery level in 1% increments so you can tell exactly where your battery is at. The old driver only showed 20% marks so the battery meter showed 0, 20, 40, etc.

Guest necosino

I'm still using the 256-count average 1% driver and haven't noticed much of an issue at all. I guess the way I thought about it, averaging 1024+ counts would take more than just averaging 256.. Who knows.. I'm happy with the 256 and that's what I'm keeping.

If more people complain about the power thing, I'd use the default driver, and if people want the 1% drivers, they can just get the .cab versions of them and install the one they want.

Guest soldierangel
Yep, I left the IRDA folders out of the SYS by accident. I discovered this a little bit ago myself doing some testing. Once again being sleepy kills me. Sorry and it will be fixed soon.

Thanks for the quick response. I'll be looking forward to your next update :D

Guest bga7x

3 for 3 cook wise! Adryn, me and you did the same thing!

Guest tmar23
I'm still using the 256-count average 1% driver and haven't noticed much of an issue at all. I guess the way I thought about it, averaging 1024+ counts would take more than just averaging 256.. Who knows.. I'm happy with the 256 and that's what I'm keeping.

If more people complain about the power thing, I'd use the default driver, and if people want the 1% drivers, they can just get the .cab versions of them and install the one they want.

+1 on going back to the the old batti. I would rather have more battery, and if people want the extra 1% increments they can always add it themselves.

Guest blazingwolf

The 1024 version polls less then the 256 driver.

Guest chubbyboy88

I just flashedto the latest version currently having no problems and love the rom.I just have a question is there a way to get the home screen looking like the previous version or would I have to reflash to the old version?

Guest blazingwolf
I just flashedto the latest version currently having no problems and love the rom.I just have a question is there a way to get the home screen looking like the previous version or would I have to reflash to the old version?

Right now you have to go back to the old ROM. I am going to make a cab up for those that don't like the new look though that will change back to the old look.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest chubbyboy88
Right now you have to go back to the old ROM. I am going to make a cab up for those that don't like the new look though that will change back to the old look.

how long you think until you have the cab completed?

Guest blazingwolf
how long you think until you have the cab completed?

Maybe a day or two. Depends on things that are happening at home and if I run in to issues.

Guest chubbyboy88
Maybe a day or two. Depends on things that are happening at home and if I run in to issues.

ok thanks I just didnt want to reflash back tonight to reflash forward ....I'm confusing myself

Guest beranimus

Just updated to the new ROM and I'm lovin' it, but is there any way to get text messages and email back on the main (home) screen like they used to be? Probably kind of a noob question. Sorry and thanks for the help.

Guest chubbyboy88
Just updated to the new ROM and I'm lovin' it, but is there any way to get text messages and email back on the main (home) screen like they used to be? Probably kind of a noob question. Sorry and thanks for the help.

he said he's making a cab to make it go back to that look but if you want it now you would have to reflash back to the old version

Guest iwanaleya

You'll have to go into CHome Ed and enable Ctext and Cmail individually for a temp fix. :D

Edited by iwanaleya