Bgill55's 6.5 Rom v3.5/ 6.5 3.4 M2D

Guest bga7x

Guest kronos1
I will try to do that, hope to see some progress l will post results here

No success even with that facebook app, it results with uploading...uploading and then it displays unknown error picture cant be uploaded....l will try over wifi network to upload again but,over 3G network there is no success...

Guest bga7x
No success even with that facebook app, it results with uploading...uploading and then it displays unknown error picture cant be uploaded....l will try over wifi network to upload again but,over 3G network there is no success...

3g network on Verizon? i just uploaded a picture via facebook

Guest bga7x

here is the carbon fiber wallpaper for those who wanted it, this cab will only work on my newest rom as i have changed the name of the default wallpaper. install to device soft rest

post-502174-1244574043_thumb.png

post-502174-1244574057_thumb.png

carbon_fiber.cab

Edited by bga7x

Guest kidrocking79
here is the carbon fiber wallpaper for those who wanted it, this cab will only work on my newest rom as i have changed the name of the default wallpaper. install to device soft rest

lol.. I see you learned the png attachment trick... does this cab include the fonts?

Guest bga7x
lol.. I see you learned the png attachment trick... does this cab include the fonts?

no the font is something i added on my own

Guest xenspidey

ok, i've got a 2 parter...

1. i've noticed this bug for a while but hadn't brought it up because i thought it was my "fixes" for the FNG numpad issue i had. since that's been resolved it's still around so i thought i'd bring it up. Attached are a pic here's a video of what's going on.

post-539099-1244576713_thumb.png

what's going on is occasionally is there will be a grey box in the upper left corner of the screen. if you hit that box just right it act's like it operates the keyboard and as i move my finger around it starts selecting keys like if i were running my finger across the keyboard. i'm using FNG.

2. how can i reset the theme to "stock" i was messing around with the themes you included but i can't seem to go back to how it is after a fresh flash? any ideas?

Guest bga7x

1. i've noticed this bug for a while but hadn't brought it up because i thought it was my "fixes" for the FNG numpad issue i had. since that's been resolved it's still around so i thought i'd bring it up. Attached are a pic here's a video of what's going on.

what's going on is occasionally is there will be a grey box in the upper left corner of the screen. if you hit that box just right it act's like it operates the keyboard and as i move my finger around it starts selecting keys like if i were running my finger across the keyboard. i'm using FNG.

2. how can i reset the theme to "stock" i was messing around with the themes you included but i can't seem to go back to how it is after a fresh flash? any ideas?

1. thats a known finger keyboard error. If you go to fkb settings->options and show bars on both portrait and landscape this will go away.

2. choose rock and republic that is the default theme.

Guest kidrocking79

1. i've noticed this bug for a while but hadn't brought it up because i thought it was my "fixes" for the FNG numpad issue i had. since that's been resolved it's still around so i thought i'd bring it up. Attached are a pic here's a video of what's going on.

lol.. I've actually been seeing this lately and didnt say anything since it wasnt that big of a deal. I think it happens to me whenever I rotate the screen.

Guest xenspidey

2. choose rock and republic that is the default theme.

i tried that but no luck. An example is BeeLineGPS, it themes itself based on system colors. With your stock rom it's a blueish theme, the highlights in file explorer are red and the highlights in twikini are blue.

if i go to rock and republic BeeLineGPS turns to a grey based theme and twikini highlights go to red.

i guess i can re-flash and take some screen shots tomorrow to show you what i'm talking about. :D

p.s. not sure if i like the new start menu but it is a nice change of pace.

Guest bga7x
i tried that but no luck. An example is BeeLineGPS, it themes itself based on system colors. With your stock rom it's a blueish theme, the highlights in file explorer are red and the highlights in twikini are blue.

if i go to rock and republic BeeLineGPS turns to a grey based theme and twikini highlights go to red.

i guess i can re-flash and take some screen shots tomorrow to show you what i'm talking about. :D

p.s. not sure if i like the new start menu but it is a nice change of pace.

ok sounds good! BTW cute kitten pictures on your blog lmao ;)

Guest xenspidey
ok sounds good! BTW cute kitten pictures on your blog lmao :D

well had to test out the awesome camera on my Omnia! I was pretty impressed on how well those turned out considering i was driving! 

Guest bga7x
well had to test out the awesome camera on my Omnia! I was pretty impressed on how well those turned out considering i was driving!

*note to self stay off roads when xenspidey is driving*

Guest bga7x
The cab doesn't work still cant use obex to transfer files :D

Trunks I didnt forget about you try this go into Advance config, scroll down to the bluetooth section, expand it there should be a obex item make sure its enabled! if that works let me know

Guest kronos1

thanx for helping,success on wifi... :D ))l am using i900 on europe 3g gsm network so l guess this is wrong sub forum but l appreciate help..

Edited by kronos1

Guest bga7x
Trunks I didnt forget about you try this go into Advance config, scroll down to the bluetooth section, expand it there should be a obex item make sure its enabled! if that works let me know

success just transferred a file from my omnia to my test omnia no problem!!!

Guest bga7x
thanx for helping,success on wifi... :D ))l am using i900 on europe 3g gsm network so l guess this is wrong sub forum but l appreciate help..

ahhh i see now well im glad it got worked out for you

Guest woodsptw
I would probably prefer to start w/ a lite rom, and work my way up. Your build comes with a few things that I could do away with. Would be nice to start out with a great rom (yours) and be able to customize the programs. Although I must say.... this last ROM v2.1 is the best yet. I couldn't be happier

I'm the opposite. I'd prefer to have a few more things baked in. Are there storage or performance implications if you remove from a full ROM vs. add to a lite ROM??

Regardless - if there is ever a design/construction decision that pits performance against storage - I'd go with performance. Just a thought.

Guest chrisp304

Hey, love the idea of your lite rom. You don't end up with redundant programs, for those of us who always need the latest version of programs, ie- Google Maps, Skyfire, etc. Awesome job once again!

Now, for probably a dumb question... how do you get your metal theme back? I was checking out some of the other themes you had loaded and now can't figure out how to get back. Thanks,

Guest bga7x
Hey, love the idea of your lite rom. You don't end up with redundant programs, for those of us who always need the latest version of programs, ie- Google Maps, Skyfire, etc. Awesome job once again!

Now, for probably a dumb question... how do you get your metal theme back? I was checking out some of the other themes you had loaded and now can't figure out how to get back. Thanks,

its called Default_stwater_240_400.png find it with resco or a different explorer and set it as your wall papper

Guest kidrocking79

Lets see if anyone has an answer... When I have my phone locked, the top panel (start menu) beeps when touched. Sometimes it's in my pocket after I lock it, and it's constantly beeping in my pocket. Is there a way of disabling that beep?

Guest kidrocking79
I'm the opposite. I'd prefer to have a few more things baked in. Are there storage or performance implications if you remove from a full ROM vs. add to a lite ROM??

Regardless - if there is ever a design/construction decision that pits performance against storage - I'd go with performance. Just a thought.

Problem with baking in too much, is that you can't remove it. If a new version of Skyfire comes out... then I have to install two versions of it.

Guest bga7x
Lets see if anyone has an answer... When I have my phone locked, the top panel (start menu) beeps when touched. Sometimes it's in my pocket after I lock it, and it's constantly beeping in my pocket. Is there a way of disabling that beep?

I doubt it but ill look into it

Guest ebrusher

How do you get the weather icons to change back to your original ones, liked those better? Also, chome does not work in the lite version.

Thanks,

Guest bga7x
How do you get the weather icons to change back to your original ones, liked those better? Also, chome does not work in the lite version.

Thanks,

find the weather icons you like, and replace the ones that are default with the ones you want.

Guest xenspidey

Ok here are the screen shots of the theme issue i've been having. The first are after a fresh flash. The one with "Classic Blue" highlighted is after i move the curser down to highlight one to show the color of highlights. ( i accidently hit ok the first time and changd the theme, had to flash twice for this :D ) definitly a mix of red and blue, which i like.

post-539099-1244645873_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645885_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645901_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645910_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645918_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645926_thumb.png

The next are with Rock and Republic.

post-539099-1244645986_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244645993_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244646001_thumb.pngpost-539099-1244646010_thumb.png

So this is not the default theme, non of them on the list of themes reproduce the look after a fresh flash.

Any ideas?