Bgill55's 6.5 Rom v3.5/ 6.5 3.4 M2D

Guest bga7x

Guest bga7x
The weather app isnt working for me its not updating

read the posts above yours the servers are down! as soon as its back up it should be fine!!

James i have replaced the battery driver you should have a nice 2 day charge again!! but its back to 20% increments instead of 5%

Guest jamesstone

Ok great. I'll give it a shot. I'm sure it's me playing around with it.

1) I do have a GPS question. Is it constantly turned on or does it only activate when I run Google Maps? I've kept it on On Location, but if its gonna effect bat. life I can leave it on 911.

2) Where can I find the WM6.5 widgets you used to have? I kinda liked the MSN Money app.

Thanks for all the hard work, myself and my co-workers appreciate it.

James

Guest bga7x
Ok great. I'll give it a shot. I'm sure it's me playing around with it.

1) I do have a GPS question. Is it constantly turned on or does it only activate when I run Google Maps? I've kept it on On Location, but if its gonna effect bat. life I can leave it on 911.

2) Where can I find the WM6.5 widgets you used to have? I kinda liked the MSN Money app.

Thanks for all the hard work, myself and my co-workers appreciate it.

James

no you are fine leaving your gps on. this "new" old driver works like a champ. ill see if i can find the money widget for you havent ever seen a cab for it though

Guest odessit2000
Has anybody else noticed their battery going down a bit faster with the new builds. I'm pretty sure it's just me, I have MS 3.01 loaded so that could be it. Just curious if anybody has this happening. Flashing to the new ROM as we speak so I'll see if anything changes.

Yes it's SPB MS 3.01 - i had 2.0 for one year and when i got 3.0 my battery life got worst.

Guest bga7x
m2d is novel but the new wimo 6.5 is sufficient.

titanium weather is not working for me. icons are not displaying.

yeah if you read the post up above you would have seen why :D

but here is a fix run a full update after

weather_fixbg.cab

Edited by bga7x

Guest tampaboy1984

I would be interested in M2d Rom. Also with the Dialer skin normal black, I don't like it cause I use different backgrounds than the stock and it doesn't match. Also if you could take out Google Maps that would be great.

Edited by tampaboy1984

Guest tedkord

Thanks for the work bga7x! I flashed to your latest last night, setting up today. But I have a few questions.

1) I noticed with my last flash (Wozzer's V.5), it seemed like GPS locks became really tough. I even installed BAF toggle, and when toggled on, most of the time it would stay at seek, showing anywhere from 5-11, but never locked even after 15 minutes. But, I would think the main CC20, which unlocked the GPS, would affect it, not the individual PDA roms. Do you roms have drivers for the GPS, or is that all located in the CC20?

2) I'm using SPB Mobile Shell 3. I can just disable all the pages in CHomeEditor, without losing any functionality, right? Even Titanium Weather, since I use the built in weather in SPB? And that should speed up/free up resources?

3) I can't seem to change the theme color using theme. I wanted to set it to black, but it simply flashes black for a second, then right back to the blue. Am I missing something? I scanned this thread, but I could have missed it.

4) Do you ever take any time off? New WM builds come out, and sometimes I think your new ROMs are out BEFORE them. :D

Edited by tedkord

Guest bga7x
Thanks for the work bga7x! I flashed to your latest last night, setting up today. But I have a few questions.

1) I noticed with my last flash (Wozzer's V.5), it seemed like GPS locks became really tough. I even installed BAF toggle, and when toggled on, most of the time it would stay at seek, showing anywhere from 5-11, but never locked even after 15 minutes. But, I would think the main CC20, which unlocked the GPS, would affect it, not the individual PDA roms. Do you roms have drivers for the GPS, or is that all located in the CC20?

2) I'm using SPB Mobile Shell 3. I can just disable all the pages in CHomeEditor, without losing any functionality, right? Even Titanium Weather, since I use the built in weather in SPB? And that should speed up/free up resources?

3) I can't seem to change the theme color using theme. I wanted to set it to black, but it simply flashes black for a second, then right back to the blue. Am I missing something? I scanned this thread, but I could have missed it.

4) Do you ever take any time off? New WM builds come out, and sometimes I think your new ROMs are out BEFORE them. :D

1) i get a gps lock in about 3 to 5 mins after a flash quicker after that 6.5 for some reason gets a lock super fast, i just do manual setting in say like google maps

2)yeah all you have to so is disable windows default in today settings

3) the theme maker is removed because that is for 6.1 and it messes up 6.5.

4)lol i take a few hours off during the day lol

FYI 2.3.1 weather bug fix will be up shortly

Guest jaewon223

thanks for all the fast updates bga. you update your roms so quick i'm flashing nearly everyday!

can i ask why you removed the fingerkeyboard? it's not a big deal i just downloaded it separately but it's a great keyboard. i think it slightly edges out touchpro and it's definitely better than the default wimo keyboard.

Guest bga7x
thanks for all the fast updates bga. you update your roms so quick i'm flashing nearly everyday!

can i ask why you removed the fingerkeyboard? it's not a big deal i just downloaded it separately but it's a great keyboard. i think it slightly edges out touchpro and it's definitely better than the default wimo keyboard.

mostly for room it was just sucking up to much space. one of my releases, I only had 86mb of free space left and that doesn't fly with me so i started to trim down now i got it back up to about 120 free space! a lot of people love FKB 2.1 and a lot don't, it easy for the people that love it to load the cab so i think it was a sacrafice worth making! Office on the other hand is tough to find a cab for it, so that why it went back in.

Guest odessit2000
any issues with battery power install this cab.

thanks to kabkab for his ongoing work on this!!

i see you made v.2.3.1....What was an issue with battery ? i dont see any problems with it ROM 2.3 or i should install this CAB ?

Guest bga7x
i see you made v.2.3.1....What was an issue with battery ? i dont see any problems with it ROM 2.3 or i should install this CAB ?

I have abandon the kabkab driver all together, it works but to much of a drain for my tastes! dont install that cab! im gonna take that down!

Guest odessit2000
I have abandon the kabkab driver all together, it works but to much of a drain for my tastes! dont install that cab! im gonna take that down!

so if im on v2.3 the only way to fix the battery i have to flash it to v2.3.1 or is there CAB fix for that ? i dont want to flash it again :D i just organized everything so well. I think this build 21812 is the best one (so far) i love it .. Thank you

Guest bga7x
so if im on v2.3 the only way to fix the battery i have to flash it to v2.3.1 or is there CAB fix for that ? i dont want to flash it again :D i just organized everything so well. I think this build 21812 is the best one (so far) i love it .. Thank you

just watch your battery for the next day and if it something you can live with then stay where you are. For some reason it doesnt work trying to install the og battery via cab we have tried.

Guest joeldanganan
1) i get a gps lock in about 3 to 5 mins after a flash quicker after that 6.5 for some reason gets a lock super fast, i just do manual setting in say like google maps

2)yeah all you have to so is disable windows default in today settings

3) the theme maker is removed because that is for 6.1 and it messes up 6.5.

4)lol i take a few hours off during the day lol

FYI 2.3.1 weather bug fix will be up shortly

3) I'm having the same problem with the theme maker.  Will you please consider adding a black theme for spb 3 users?  Thanks...

Guest bga7x
3) I'm having the same problem with the theme maker. Will you please consider adding a black theme for spb 3 users? Thanks...

it messes up 6.5!!!!! sorry that cant be fix if i knew a way to delete the shortcut i would. Sorry

Guest odessit2000
just watch your battery for the next day and if it something you can live with then stay where you are. For some reason it doesnt work trying to install the og battery via cab we have tried.

I have been using phone all day today heavily and only one thing i notice about battery, lasts longer i still have 60% left of battery life.

Guest joeldanganan
it messes up 6.5!!!!! sorry that cant be fix if i knew a way to delete the shortcut i would. Sorry

What I meant (sorry for being unclear) is not to enable theme maker, but rather to add a black theme to the existing themes (i.e. instead of the black and burgundy of Rock and Republic, maybe changing the colors to black and gray).  I believe the default theme is the classic windows blue, which likely prevents the change of the windows blue color to black...

If this is not possible, please forgive my ignorance...

Guest bga7x
What I meant (sorry for being unclear) is not to enable theme maker, but rather to add a black theme to the existing themes (i.e. instead of the black and burgundy of Rock and Republic, maybe changing the colors to black and gray). I believe the default theme is the classic windows blue, which likely prevents the change of the windows blue color to black...

If this is not possible, please forgive my ignorance...

my new rom is black and glossy by default the only way it changes if you choose the classic blue or add your own theme. if you want to keep the black theme just change the wallpaper

Guest bga7x
I have been using phone all day today heavily and only one thing i notice about battery, lasts longer i still have 60% left of battery life.

well glad to hear, im at 80% since 7am :D