Bgill55's 6.5 Rom v3.5/ 6.5 3.4 M2D

Guest bga7x

Guest jaycemil

Another update. I can now definitively state that my lockups are due to wireless sync using network push. Stable for 24 hours with push turned off and me manually hitting the sync button to sync. Locked up two minutes after turning push back on. I'll go give BW's rom a try and see if I see the same thing.

Guest sessionthree
Another update. I can now definitively state that my lockups are due to wireless sync using network push. Stable for 24 hours with push turned off and me manually hitting the sync button to sync. Locked up two minutes after turning push back on. I'll go give BW's rom a try and see if I see the same thing.

I ran 24 hours with BW's rom (23003) using wireless sync to an exchange server - no lockups. I also ran about 12 hours using Adryn's rom (23003) and no problems yet. So I agree... I'm not sure why, but something about Bgill's rom is causing the wireless sync to lock up the phone.

Edited by sessionthree

Guest bga7x
I ran 24 hours with BW's rom (23003) using wireless sync to an exchange server - no lockups. I also ran about 12 hours using Adryn's rom (23003) and no problems yet. So I agree... I'm not sure why, but something about Bgill's rom is causing the wireless sync to lock up the phone.

hhm thats weird i didnt even touch anything that would affect wireless sync! hopefully the changes i made will take care of this!

Guest jaycemil
hhm thats weird i didnt even touch anything that would affect wireless sync! hopefully the changes i made will take care of this!

Changes you made when? I'm running M2D v3.1

Guest jaycemil
to the rom that is out being tested

Sign me up ;) I just caught it locking up. I changed from push to "sync every 20 min." It still locked up. However, I just happened to try and use it as it did. It started out really sluggish then pretty quickly got slower and slower then locked. Definitely smells like a runaway process.

Guest bga7x
Sign me up ;) I just caught it locking up. I changed from push to "sync every 20 min." It still locked up. However, I just happened to try and use it as it did. It started out really sluggish then pretty quickly got slower and slower then locked. Definitely smells like a runaway process.

can you give me a rundown what you have installed! from flash to now!

Guest blazingwolf

I'm confused. Why are you using Wireless sync to an exchange server? WM will sync to an exchange server with out wireless sync. Is this the only way your company will allow the use of the exchange server?

Guest sessionthree
I'm confused. Why are you using Wireless sync to an exchange server? WM will sync to an exchange server with out wireless sync. Is this the only way your company will allow the use of the exchange server?

Maybe wireless sync isn't the correct term? I'm just setting up exchange server syncing by going to messaging and setting up a new account that syncs to my excahnge server. Since it does it over the air, it is wireless which is why I used that term.

Edited by sessionthree

Guest blazingwolf
Maybe wireless sync isn't the correct term.

OK. Are you using the VZW Wireless sync program or just setting up an exchange server through messaging?

Guest sessionthree
OK. Are you using the VZW Wireless sync program or just setting up an exchange server through messaging?

Ahh, I see where the confusion is.

No, I'm not using the verizon program. I'm setting up syncing through messaging directly.

Guest blazingwolf
Ahh, I see where the confusion is.

No, I'm not using the verizon program. I'm setting up syncing through messaging directly.

Now I'm with you. ;)

I just wish I had a fix for for it. I have no idea why this ROM has an issue an mine doesn't.

Guest sessionthree
Done. Looks like it's actually the Mail icon that's missing and not the MMS icon. Thanks for investigating this for me!

-c

Was there ever a fix for this? I get this when I have new email from the exchange server. I think it uses a different icon that looks like the outlook icon (instead of the regular mail icon), so it's causing this issue.

Here's the original post with the screenshot:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/288501/...-m2d/page/900/#

(It's post 905.)

Edited by sessionthree

Guest sessionthree
Now I'm with you. ;)

I just wish I had a fix for for it. I have no idea why this ROM has an issue an mine doesn't.

It could be that 24 hours is not long enough to really test. I may have just gotten lucky with your ROM.

Guest jaycemil

I am using the vzw wireless sync program. The exchange server I need access to is behind a firewall so I have to push it out from a windows box on the inside. I might investigate whether or not it's possible to get at it from the outside but I'm not holding my breath.

Guest blazingwolf
Was there ever a fix for this? I get this when I have new email from the exchange server. I think it uses a different icon that looks like the outlook icon (instead of the regular mail icon), so it's causing this issue.

Here's the original post with the screenshot:

http://www.modaco.com/content-page/288501/...-m2d/page/900/#

(It's post 905.)

There really is no fix for that. There is a work around and that is it (which removes features). The work around is to us a static icon. All you need to do is change the Titanium_240_400.cpr to lead to a specific icon and it will then show the icon instead of the x.

Guest sessionthree
There really is no fix for that. There is a work around and that is it (which removes features). The work around is to us a static icon. All you need to do is change the Titanium_240_400.cpr to lead to a specific icon and it will then show the icon instead of the x.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Guest sessionthree
but the icon missing wouldnt make the phone lock up, i dont think

Oh, no. I wasn't implying that. ;) I was just asking as an aside.

Guest bga7x
Oh, no. I wasn't implying that. ;) I was just asking as an aside.

i think the issue is i dont you an exchange service so i cant really test it! sessionthree check your pm