Bgill55's 6.5 Rom v3.5/ 6.5 3.4 M2D

Guest bga7x

Guest techmaster7545
I don't recall ever having a lockup with BlazingWolf's roms. I may have to switch back to BW because my wife's phone locked up today as she was hanging up from talking to me. She has bgill's 3.2 rom and no other software at all. Mine locked up this morning on the today screen (same rom), but ran fine for the rest of the day.

I'm sitting here looking at my wife's phone. It's locked up on the dialer screen. The volume control is showing (she may have hit one of the volume adjusts keys just as she hung up). It still says connected, but it obviously is not. The phone is unresponsive and I'll have to remove the battery to unlock it. I can tell the CPU is doing something because that area of the phone is quite warm to the touch.

And before anyone asks, I did a full hard reset on both of these phones before installing 3.2.

Better recheck ur phone everything cause my son has been running 3.2 since it came out and not one problem

Guest trunks67

Damn I didn't get a chance to download 3.2 I know it works fine because I have never had an issue with Bgill roms ever. Those complaining of lockups are obviously installing with old rom stuff on their memory cards or something. I have had maybe one lock up since I started using Bgill roms. Please put back 3.2 as I'm sure it is working fine.

Guest techmaster7545
Damn I didn't get a chance to download 3.2 I know it works fine because I have never had an issue with Bgill roms ever. Those complaining of lockups are obviously installing with old rom stuff on their memory cards or something. I have had maybe one lock up since I started using Bgill roms. Please put back 3.2 as I'm sure it is working fine.

if u ask him he may pm u a link

hey i asked him he said to pm him and he give u a link

Edited by techmaster7545

Guest thejaff
I'm running the latest 3.2 standard ROM and have added my own installation of M2D and M2DC (configurator for M2D) and just took a trip to the beach and used my Garmin Mobile XT and sent and received text messages the whole while without any issues. I did do a hard reset before I installed the M2D software, after flashing, including the storage card. I think people having stability issues is related to either your storage card containing old files or the 3dr party software you are using....I have found some bugs even in M2D themes that litereally froze my phone every time, such as the AlienX theme!

Use this link to download the M2D software:

http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio/Manila2D%201...by%20SztupY.cab

Then install this M2DC to configure your TouchFLO:

http://manilla2dcustomizer.googlecode.com/...C_v0.29.235.CAB

After you install this you will create a 'Themes' folder in your Program Files/M2DC folder, just copy your themes here.

Hope this helps, my phone is running great with this configuration

I'm trying to run M2D on billg55's 3.2 (great ROM btw), and I was wondering if this is the most recent version of M2D. I see that there were a couple later versions (20 and 21) released sometime in Jan., but were said to be unstable. Does anyone know if there's a newer, stable version out there?

Guest sessionthree
Better recheck ur phone everything cause my son has been running 3.2 since it came out and not one problem

Two phones - tested with 3.2 and no other software installed after a complete hard reset (all memory erased)... getting lockups. This is a recent occurence that has started with either 3.1 or 3.2. I didn't use to get lockups at all.

Guest sessionthree

See my above post. Getting these lockups on two different phones after installing the rom after a hard reset (erasing all memory.) So no, I am not "obviously" installing with old rom stuff. Prior to 3.2 (possibly 3.1), I never had a problem with Bgill's rom either.

I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just reporting my findings. No need for folks to get defensive.

Edited by sessionthree

Guest techmaster7545
Two phones - tested with 3.2 and no other software installed after a complete hard reset (all memory erased)... getting lockups. This is a recent occurence that has started with either 3.1 or 3.2. I didn't use to get lockups at all.

there are people that have had no issues with 3.2 if it was just the rom everyone wld be complaining cld be anything hardware try someones elses rom then comment back.

Guest sessionthree
there are people that have had no issues with 3.2 if it was just the rom everyone wld be complaining cld be anything hardware try someones elses rom then comment back.

That's not necessarily true. There may be a certain sequence of events that's causing it that not everyone does. I'm going to try BW's rom, but I'm going to wait and see if he puts a new build up using 23003 as that would be the fair comparison.

Guest blazingwolf

I have to disagree with this comment. Issues have been proven to happen on some devices and not others. This includes my own ROMs.

Guest RwP1138

LADIES AND GENTS LETS GIVE IT UP TO THE IPHONE KILLA

BGA7X

hackintosh.jpg

Don't call it a comeback

I been here for years

Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear

Makin the tears rain down like a ROM-soon

putting Woz in a tomb

Explosion, overpowerin

Over the competition, I'm towerin

over the top, when Im gonna drop

on top like a snake wrangler

laying it down like the roadside stangler

Don't ever compare

it just isn't fair

he da king of the hill

BGILL

Guest sessionthree
I have to disagree with this comment. Issues have been proven to happen on some devices and not others. This includes my own ROMs.

My wife and I both sync up to our work exchange servers on one of the email accounts we have setup on each of our phones. Are the other people who are experiencing lockups also syncing to an exchange server by any chance?

Guest midiwriter
I'm trying to run M2D on billg55's 3.2 (great ROM btw), and I was wondering if this is the most recent version of M2D. I see that there were a couple later versions (20 and 21) released sometime in Jan., but were said to be unstable. Does anyone know if there's a newer, stable version out there?

As stated right on the website version 19 is deemed stable and v21 is buggy, that's why i posted the v19 link....not in the mood to beta test this since v19 works perfectly and it's just a UI anyway, don't care if I miss small little features in the beta.

Guest techmaster7545

yes to a point i agree but to many people blaming roms u know that when 3/4 of the time its something there running or something of that sort

at the end of the day a omnia is a omnia they all are made by the same people and same hardware so for the most part if two new

ominas are flash they will have the same results . which leaves software or how people flash or what they install. but thats my opinion

Guest techmaster7545

BGA7X

hackintosh.jpg

Don't call it a comeback

I been here for years

putting Woz in a tomb

Explosion, overpowerin

Don't ever compare

it just isn't fair

he da king of the hill

BGILL

lol i like that !

Guest Chadnan

Post #961 is amazing!

I laughed, i cried a little, well, not really, but that rap was great (and true) and that pic is awesome ... would make a great background image for any possible new builds, bga7x.

And on that note, your roms are great! I didn't get a chance to dl 3.2, got 3.1 tho, but was looking forward to new keyboard (maybe buttons are dark RED when pressed on shokka keyboard, instead of blue :) )

Anyway, you're the man BG, I love all your hard work, and BW and Adryn, and even Wozzer, too, he was my first :-* lol, but if you say v3.1 in now your official final build, i'll be a little sad, but you gotta do you, and i thank you for all the hard work you've already put into your roms ... and my phone. Thanks, dude! Good luck w/ everything!

btw, if anyone HASN'T been here (Read the site rules no warez links or requests) omg, what are you wating for. Check it out now and start downloading ;)

(sorry if i shouldn't have posted that link for any reason, but it seemed ok to me)

World Wide Web. it's the HUB where OMINA comes first .COMmercial ... you got this :D

Edited by Chadnan

Guest trunks67

BGA7X

hackintosh.jpg

Don't call it a comeback

I been here for years

putting Woz in a tomb

Explosion, overpowerin

Don't ever compare

it just isn't fair

he da king of the hill

BGILL

I love it lol!!

Guest bga7x

im gonna re-release v3.2 but with 23001 sys and xip! all the new stuff i added will be back in the version! besides the new build!

Guest thejaff
ok the new v3.2 is now online!!!! check first post i also posted a pic of the new keyboard!!!

Dang, I think I have the 23003 version on my phone... time to reflash..

Guest Chadnan

You da man BG!!! :D

*new keyboard makes me smile ;)

and the new boot screen almost had me hypnotized into a daydream-like trance -

Edited by Chadnan

Guest ejoya

hi bga7x, may i know how did you remove the low batt warning of omnia? i really dont like the automatic phone off and dim backlight when battery is low. thanks

Guest thejaff

I'm having a couple errors running M2D cab on the 3.2 version. Under the PeopleWidget, when I click on All People soft key, I get an error:

"SECContact.exe

The file 'SECContact' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

I've done several soft resets and even installed M2DC and changed the theme, but still get the error.

Additionally, the Communications soft key under the SettingsWidget doesn't bring up anything. All the other keys on that page work fine.