1% driver for omnia here

Guest kabkab

Guest dwallersv
Using an i910 with Resco on Wozzer's Lite wm6.5 v5, I also had this problem. After a bit of quality time with google, I decided that this is due to the file being part of the ROM. It was claimed that the file could not be changed, copied, nor deleted, but it could be overwritten. Supposedly, if the new file was later deleted, the old one would resurface, never really having been deleted, just subverted. I decided to attempt a backupless overwrite as I had a fresh SPBBackup of all my programs and could reflash the ROM if need be. It worked, and after a soft reset, I had my 1% readings. (yea!!!) I have not tried deleting the new DLL, so I cannot vouch for being able to restore the old driver. I cannot claim that this will work safely on any other phone, or even on mine tomorrow, so try at your own risk. Based on his interest, I suspect that this driver will be included in Wozzer's v6, so you might just want to wait for that release. He can probably test stuff way more then my own "It hasn't crashed yet..."

You got it.

Put a bit more simply, the battery driver, as are most drivers, is in ROM. You can't modify it directly in any way (change permissions, delete, etc.).

However, as with all ROM files, you can overwrite it, which simply makes the directory tables in the file system point to the new file, which will be in Main Storage. The ROM version becomes inaccessible, unless you delete the overlayed version.

This is a feature of WM file systems.

So, bottom line with this driver upgrade and any other change to a file in ROM is to simply overwrite it with the new one.

Guest dwallersv
cooked on i900 rom and works pretty nice no problems so far! <_<

thanks kabkab

Yes... a day later, and it's been working flawlessly.

I also have to say that it's pretty stable... I don't see it swing wildly or anything. What variations occur are actually a matter of accuracy -- changes that reflect changing loads, or plugging it in. Overall, I've found it to be actually pretty accurate, with a relatively linear decrease with usage.

Overall I found that, at least over the last 24 hours, I have a much better sense of the status of my battery. With the old 20% increment crap, I'd be showing 60% and then suddenly the phone would be squawking that it was low on power. With the finer, more accurate measure I know well before it reaches that point.

Still looking for that registry setting that sets the low-batt condition, so I can dial it down to 25-30%. Anyone that knows, please share!

Guest Rhyzar
Yes... a day later, and it's been working flawlessly.

I also have to say that it's pretty stable... I don't see it swing wildly or anything. What variations occur are actually a matter of accuracy -- changes that reflect changing loads, or plugging it in. Overall, I've found it to be actually pretty accurate, with a relatively linear decrease with usage.

Overall I found that, at least over the last 24 hours, I have a much better sense of the status of my battery. With the old 20% increment crap, I'd be showing 60% and then suddenly the phone would be squawking that it was low on power. With the finer, more accurate measure I know well before it reaches that point.

Still looking for that registry setting that sets the low-batt condition, so I can dial it down to 25-30%. Anyone that knows, please share!

Mine seems to be working perfectly as well - Using WoZZeR's 6.5 v0.5 ROM.

I am not sure what the registry settings are, but Batti (by google) looks like it lets you set the levels. I have not verified this, as I am at 96% this morning. Also it looks like it you can get rid of that annoying charge complete notification sound.

Screenshots

.cab installer

Guest fclifton
Mine seems to be working perfectly as well - Using WoZZeR's 6.5 v0.5 ROM.

I am not sure what the registry settings are, but Batti (by google) looks like it lets you set the levels. I have not verified this, as I am at 96% this morning. Also it looks like it you can get rid of that annoying charge complete notification sound.

I see that Batti development has terminated. Is there something else that will let the levels be changed?

Guest Omega Ra

I haven't gotten the low battery warning since putting in the dll. Infact just before in my resco system info it said battery was at 26% and I had no beeps at all.

Guest scubamike

Update: You guys kept bragging about your 1% bliss and trouble-free results so I tried over-writing the .dll file again on my Verizon I910 and, to my surprise, the backlight seems to shut off fine when on battery power. Thank you for your efforts with this file. I too am experiencing the 1% excitement.

Edited by scubamike

Guest blazingwolf

Any i910 users notice the heavy battery use? I have noticed in my ROM and I have seen complaints in other places.

Guest Takarin
Any i910 users notice the heavy battery use? I have noticed in my ROM and I have seen complaints in other places.

I took the leap and installed the file. Seems to be working well! I did notice that after I rebooted, my battery went from "80%" (i.e., somewhere between 61% - 79%) down to 45% instantaneously. Now that it seems to have stabilized, it seems pretty accurate. I personally haven't noticed increased battery usage yet.

Guest fclifton

yes, and I still have problems with the display turning back on. I am thinking it may be when a background app (like Pocketweather) updates when the screen is off. Also, it killed VZ Navigator.

Guest blazingwolf
yes, and I still have problems with the display turning back on. I am thinking it may be when a background app (like Pocketweather) updates when the screen is off. Also, it killed VZ Navigator.

I can't see how it would have affected VZNav. They have nothing to do with each other.

Guest fclifton
I can't see how it would have affected VZNav. They have nothing to do with each other.

yeah, I can't either, but with it installed, VZN got an error (something not valid or bad dll or something, I don't recall) every time, even after multiple soft resets. I took it out and VZN started correctly again. ???

Guest necosino
yeah, I can't either, but with it installed, VZN got an error (something not valid or bad dll or something, I don't recall) every time, even after multiple soft resets. I took it out and VZN started correctly again. ???

VZnav is designed to either show the battery level, or shut down at a certain battery percentage, and also may change its settings while charging, so a different DLL could be seen as an error by the program, or if they're the wrong file size of some stupid thing (go vzw..)

Guest JohnJayJrV

Have an omnia i910 with leaked rom and it works perfectly. even using Batti and it shows precise increments....

jv

Guest scubamike

Update: I struggled with the display turning back on with the new .dll. After a second install I finally got it working on my I910. It worked for a day and the backlight started coming on again. I closed every open app. Not sure what caused it to act up again, but I'll try to find a useful answer for everyone through trial and error.

Guest Takarin
Update: I struggled with the display turning back on with the new .dll. After a second install I finally got it working on my I910. It worked for a day and the backlight started coming on again. I closed every open app. Not sure what caused it to act up again, but I'll try to find a useful answer for everyone through trial and error.

Thanks. This is killing me!

Guest Rhyzar

My guess is that you have something installed that is doing this. I am not having any issues with the display turning on.

I am running:

WoZZeR's 6.5 v.05 Lite ROM

SPB MS3

VZW Wireless Sync

Citrix ICA

ActiveSync

Batti

Other than that just the other processes by windows/spb/rom

Maybe try looking through the Task Manager, and view all the processes running.

Hope this might help you guys ???

Guest Takarin
I took the leap and installed the file. Seems to be working well! I did notice that after I rebooted, my battery went from "80%" (i.e., somewhere between 61% - 79%) down to 45% instantaneously. Now that it seems to have stabilized, it seems pretty accurate. I personally haven't noticed increased battery usage yet.

So, I've uninstalled the driver. 1% increments worked perfectly. However, it went from 100% to 20% in about 4 hours of normal use (no Wifi or broadband).

The power just drained away...

Edited by Takarin

Guest Adrynalyne

Yes. I had it cooked in, but removed it due to the MASSIVE power drain it causes. I think it would be better to do 5% incremements. I think that might have an acceptable hit to the battery life.

Guest kabkab
due to the MASSIVE power drain it causes.

this is very funny, because i can print code in driver before and after patch (or you can compare it yourself). and if you are understand ARM assembler - you can see, that i did not make any change that can affect power drain! even some calculations removed!

may be this can affect another way (for example, driver return different values more often than older driver and OS perform some recalculations and so on - i dunno).

but this is not problem of driver - this is problem of current OS build.

anyway - on my i900 it's working perfect.

if you not like it - don't use it! :-)

Edited by kabkab

Guest Omega Ra
hm i havent encountered any kind of these problems.

how fast does it drain the battery, i mean according with before

well before with, some browsing/downloading, texting, and a call or two I would still have 40-50% left after 8 hours. With this I would be down to 40% in about 3-4 hours.

This is all on an i910

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest sector
this is very funny, because i can print code in driver before and after patch (or you can compare it yourself). and if you are understand ARM assembler - you can see, that i did not make any change that can affect power drain! even some calculations removed!

may be this can affect another way (for example, driver return different values more often than older driver and OS perform some recalculations and so on - i dunno).

but this is not problem of driver - this is problem of current OS build.

anyway - on my i900 it's working perfect.

if you not like it - don't use it! :-)

yes yes.

why some calculations should affect the battery problem... it is a bit ridiculous if you think about it <_<

it is just a simple division! right? :)

Guest Adrynalyne

Wow kabkab, relax. Your work is awesome, I am not diminishing that. I am guessing its due to the device polling the driver more often. You said yourself the i910 driver was a lot different. I still provide the hacked driver, via cab. I just left it optional.

I've heard this with other devices too, with 1% increment drivers draining the battery faster.

If you want some testimonies, check my rom thread, were people are running their devices down in 4-6 hours with it. Even the i910 chefs are not using it anymore after seeing what happened.

Sector,

Think it ridiculous all you want. I really don't think that everyone I have talked to is stupid, or a liar. Do you?