NEW IPHONE SUCKS

Guest wackyiraqi

Guest Adrynalyne

I always thought it funny that an opinion was suddenly invalidated by the iFanatics if you never owned an iPhone.

I mean, using one and disliking it, thats not enough.

Your dumb butt has to actually plop down hard earned cash to have a real opinion.

Guest cd78

I have friends with Iphones and i have an Ipod Touch and i know for a fact i would get bored of an Iphone within a fortnight.

The Omnia is such an open ended, customizable piece of kit, i have flashed various Roms, tried different shells, etc.

Iphone has one pretty interface and that is it. I want to be able to use my tech like i want not how Apple want.

Guest Rooster Misfit
Everything always said is "copy and paste, copy and paste" shut up with that already. We didn't have it before now we do so what. Just like you cant even see your Omnia's screen in sunlight. Just like you dont have 50,000 apps, just like the opera and internet browser on the Omnia sucks, just like you have a 5 mp camera and the iphones 2mp takes better pictures the list goes on and on and on. And I can talk, I had the Omnia I had the Touch HD and now have the iphone. It is the best phone in the world right now. The easiest to use also. And I dont mean to get anyone mad here because I did make a good bond here with alot of people but when i hear things like this it just pisses me off. You haven't even owned an iphone 3G. The excuse is always "oh I never owned one but my friend has one."

actually i carefully review and go test every phone of possibilities when i go buy new phones and yes i gave the iphone a open chance even tho i knew it was all hype before they even released it the first time. i looked at the omnia and the iphone on the same day when i went phone testiing and i can honestly say the iphone vs the omnia stock for stock, the iphone sucks balls.

yes its true lots of people scream about copy and paste but if you need more of a reasoning then here look at this http://adamhandy.blogspot.com/2009/04/doom...-of-choice.html i wrote this 2 months ago shortly after i bought the omnia

if you honestly think the iphone takes better pictures then you never played with the settings in the camera and i guess you hate phones with a flash

and you can use the omnia with the sunlight. you just have to change some of the settings.

so yeah maybe your made for the iphone cause it sounds like you dont really know how to use a phone for its full potential. the iphone is made for simple minded people, its not a smartphone its a hype phone.

what does one iphone user say to the other?

bahhhh

Guest bpivk
iFanatic 101:

If you don't own it, your opinion doesn't matter.

Sorry.

Adrynalyne now i've had enough of you! I'm going to buy an Iphone just so I can bash it!  :D

In your face man! (For people that don't understand sarcasm or bad jokes... this was just it and it's as good as you're going to get from me).

Guest Adrynalyne
Adrynalyne now i've had enough of you! I'm going to buy an Iphone just so I can bash it! :D

In your face man! (For people that don't understand sarcasm or bad jokes... this was just it and it's as good as you're going to get from me).

Bwahahaha :D ;)

Guest Rob V

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the #1 reason I wouldn't even consider an iPhone (at least here in the U.S.): The fact that you're stuck with AT&T service! I jumped over to Verizon the day my two-year contract with Cingular GSM / AT&T customer expired, and you couldn't pay me enough to go back to AT&T again! Consistent dropped calls, lots of dead zones, horrible customer service - you name it, they had it. And this was right in the Washington D.C. metro area, not out in the middle of nowhere. Also, it's interesting that laptop tethering is being hyped as one of the iPhone's "hot new features" (big deal...), but AT&T was named as the only carrier that won't be supporting it.

Coincidentally, a great review appeared just this week in PC Magazine's "Battle of the 3G Networks". They concluded that

"Verizon's 3G is our Editors' Choice, but unfortunately for those who want the hottest phones, Verizon seems to care more about its network than about its handsets. On the other hand, Verizon's coverage map puts the other two carriers' to shame, and its user ratings are in the stratosphere."

Fortunately, we all know that the Omnia is a big exception to the "hottest phones" observation that's never received anywhere near the attention it deserves. Here are a couple other noteworthy quotes:

"iPhone users' complaints about AT&T are well documented. AT&T's 3G network is spottier than both Sprint's and Verizon's, and the iPhone creates a heavy enough load on the network to create capacity problems from time to time... Sprint's and AT&T's comparative mediocrity cancel each other out. If you're switching between the two for an iPhone or a Pre, your carrier-related level of frustration may not change much. But if you're switching from Verizon Wireless, you might want to think again."

I'm not a Verizon fanboy by any means, but this review confirms my belief that it's far better than the alternatives. And let's face it -- the relative value of the iPhone, Omnia, or any other smartphone depends a whole lot on the quality of voice and 3G network coverage.

Guest Tim-H

I was thinking today about how as things get easier, and people have to use their brains less and less, people are getting dumber. Everyone knows that excercising your brain can make you stay sharp, well I believe that not using your brain can actually make things go in the opposite direction.

To use an Iphone you don't have to use your brain at all, it's simplified to the point that you dont have to think. I think things like the Iphone are really making society dumber. Nobody wants to think, nobody wants to innovate. People just arent using their brains as much anymore. This is an observation from the US, I dont know what its like in other countries. It really feels like more and more people are turning into mindless sheep lately.

"It is the best phone in the world right now." Really? I disagree. I'm not saying the Omnia is, but thats a pretty arrogant statement.

Is it the best phone in the world for people that dont want to think, innovate, or customize their phone? Could be. If Steve Jobs said its cutting edge, it must be true, after all, he wears a turtleneck and blue jeans. He has to be smart.

Why don't i own a Mac, or Apple product? Because I dont support them as a company and I don't want to pay double the price for half the specs. My Windows machines run fine, because I can use my brain. If there is a problem, I can figure out what is causing it and fix it.

Simplification to the point of killing brain cells, only on the Iphone and Americas fastest 3g network.

iphone-logo.jpgatt-logo-221x300.jpg

Edited by Tim-H

Guest msra6la2

Every single Apple product, except for the iPod and the iPod touch, is a load of over hyped s***.

It makes me laugh everytime when my brother says that he's superior because he owns an iphone 3G. The camera is worse than the Motorola V2X (some early 2005 product), no MMS (a technology with just under 10 years of history), no video recording or video conferencing despite it being a "3G" "smart"phone, a phone with no interchangable battery (which means your phone cannot be switched back on by changing a new battery when battery runs dry) and many more s*** things about the phone, an internet browser which is meant to be the quickest but ends up running on the same speed as Opera 9 and getting raped by the BB Storm Browser!

Seriously, I don't see 1 half decent thing about the iPhone......

Guest somedude
To use an Iphone you don't have to use your brain at all, it's simplified to the point that you dont have to think. I think things like the Iphone are really making society dumber. Nobody wants to think, nobody wants to innovate. People just arent using their brains as much anymore. This is an observation from the US, I dont know what its like in other countries. It really feels like more and more people are turning into mindless sheep lately.

Simplification to the point of killing brain cells, only on the Iphone and Americas fastest 3g network.

iphone-logo.jpgatt-logo-221x300.jpg

Come on man its a phone not a algebra class for christ sakes...

Why wouldnt you want your phone to be simple and to the point? Why wouldnt you want to access your files, music, video, applications easily? Most people just want things easy, And im not a apple fanboy, i just dont see the point in making a phone complicated or hard to use, just so people wont be dumbed down?

If i want to stimulate my brain, ill read a book.

If you like a challenge and want to go through multiple steps just to connect your bluetooth headset or surf the internet, thats on YOU. K.I.S.S.

Edited by somedude

Guest Tim-H
Come on man its a phone not a algebra class for christ sakes...

Why wouldnt you want your phone to be simple and to the point? Why wouldnt you want to access your files, music, video, applications easily? Most people just want things easy, And im not a apple fanboy, i just dont see the point in making a phone complicated or hard to use, just so people wont be dumbed down?

If i want to stimulate my brain, ill read a book.

If you like a challenge and want to go through multiple steps just to connect your bluetooth headset or surf the internet, thats on YOU. K.I.S.S.

I agree with you, it's not an algebra class. I can access all my files, music, video, and applications easily, very easily. No smartphone is complicated to use. Spend a half hour figuring out what it does and you know how to run it for the rest of your life. What's wrong with learning? I guess you don't get it.

I'm not sure what you were doing with your bluetooth, but all i have to do to connect mine is turn it on. Internet? Open Opera, IE, or Skyfire. Also one step or click whatever you want to call it.

The Iphone is designed for people that don't want to learn to use something to its full potential. Mediocrity at its finest.

Guest somedude
I agree with you, it's not an algebra class. I can access all my files, music, video, and applications easily, very easily. No smartphone is complicated to use. Spend a half hour figuring out what it does and you know how to run it for the rest of your life. What's wrong with learning? I guess you don't get it.

I'm not sure what you were doing with your bluetooth, but all i have to do to connect mine is turn it on. Internet? Open Opera, IE, or Skyfire. Also one step or click whatever you want to call it.

The Iphone is designed for people that don't want to learn to use something to its full potential. Mediocrity at its finest.

I wasnt making a direct reference to windows mobile per se(even though it is a bitch to pair my bluetooth adapter in my car, i made a post about it)I was just saying that if it only takes a click or two to access a app or function, why the hell would you want things to be more complicated?

The iphone is desingned to be simple and intuitive, which it is very good at.

I think it is pretty arrogant to assume that ALL iphone users are lazy and moronic just because they desire a simple user experience.

What is wrong with wanting something easy? Would you want a microwave that you have to solve a math equation each time you wanted to warm up some food? You just want the damn thing to work as quickly and easily as possible! Right?

It goes back to the 'geek' factor i was talking about a few pages ago, we are the minority here, not everybody out there is geeks like us, who want to customize winmo to a t and run mortscript and try to create gps hacks.

The rest of the population wants something they can just pick up and run with no learning curve. And i see nothing wrong with that.

Edited by somedude

Guest Slappa

50,000 iPhone apps.......but......how many of those double up in function......and how many of those are absolutely useless BS (iBeer springs to mind, as does every farting app evar).

Anything I've wanted my Omnia to do, I've been able to find an application, without having to have Microsoft pre-approve it. Plus, Day of the Tentacle and Lemmings aren't on the iPhone - dealbreaker :D

I wasnt making a direct reference to windows mobile per se(even though it is a bitch to pair my bluetooth adapter in my car, i made a post about it)I was just saying that if it

I think it is pretty arrogant to assume that ALL iphone users are lazy and moronic just because they desire a simple user experience.

What is wrong with wanting something easy? Would you want a microwave that you have to solve a math equation each time you wanted to warm up some food? You just want the damn thing to work as quickly and easily as possible! Right?

It goes back to the 'geek' factor i was talking about a few pages ago, we are the minority here, not everybody out there is geeks like us, who want to customize winmo to a t and run mortscript and try to create gps hacks.

The rest of the population wants something they can just pick up and run with no learning curve. And i see nothing wrong with that.

Well said sir! probably the only Objective opinion in this thread.

i wouldn't change my omnia for an iphone either because it doesn't meet my requirements but to say it sucks is purely subjective.

the iphone almost single handedly forced other phone manufacturers to pick up their game and produce touch screen phones

Guest Jokes On You
I wasnt making a direct reference to windows mobile per se(even though it is a bitch to pair my bluetooth adapter in my car, i made a post about it)I was just saying that if it only takes a click or two to access a app or function, why the hell would you want things to be more complicated?

I agree with what you said to an extent. The problem I have with the iPhone that in essence isnt a next generation phone. I do believe that it does bring the "easy" factor to phone world but with all things it comes at a price. The iPhone is considered to be the best phone out there by the public and it only has a 2mp camera? No memory slot? My old Motorola Krazer had a 2mp camera and a memory card slot. Yes the phone is easy to use but I dont see how much better it is from any other proprietary phone. To me Apple invented the best proprietary device and I can respect that, I on the other hand like my WiMo freedom. :D

Guest Tim-H

I'll agree that we are the minority. I went a little overboard if i came across as saying all iphone users are idiots. I'm sick of the of Iphone owners thinking they have the most advanced piece of plastic on the planet. If you disagree with them, or even show them how its not, they just go off about how you don't know because you don't own one. It's clearly not. I still think its mediocre, I will still stand by the fact that as everything gets simpler and simpler to use society as a whole will get dumber.

If you design everything to be used by a 5 year old, you really are dumbing down the users. Having no mental stimulation isn't a good thing, and I really do think the iphone is leading the way in creating a world that is designed to lower intelligence.

Guest Foster318

I'm not an apple fanboy by any means. I love my omnia, and most of what I can do with it. I think you all are forgetting that the fact that it's easy has been apples goal since it started making computers way back in the day. All of their products are easy to use. Most people that use them enjoy them. I had an Imac that I recently sold for a Windows laptop. It's not that I don't like apple. I just want something that I can do more then make videos, edit pics, and listen to music with.

For the majority though that's plenty fine with them, and if it's easy on top of that it's that much better. We here enjoy finding new things, changing them, and doing it all over again. That's fine for us, but give that to a "normal" person and they will not be happy. Apple is for the people that don't want to mess with features plan and simple. For us to scream about how the iphone sucks is just as bad as them thinking they have the best phone in the world. It's all a matter of taste plain and simple, or in our case awesome and complex.

Guest mementomori

well i love winmo devices..and always have since i like the fact you can make it do basicly anything you want with the interface you like.

My biggest problems with the iphone is the interface which i just dont like and the (in my opinion) dumm choice to a battery which you cant remove. Some friends of mine have iphones and there are somethings i notice.. Nomather how you feel about the iphone..its touchsensation i pretty good, the respons of the phone is fast compared tothe way windows sometimes runs. Now i know it doenst multi function and windows does (which i really like) but windows sometimes anoys the s*** out of me..

little things like..for instance i use a stereo headset (BT) and in my car i also have BT connection. Switching from one device to the other is not garanteed succes.. If i dont end my stereo headset for i start my car stereo.. it will freeze or not work in some other way. These things always seem to happen when your in a hurry a can be quite a nuisance. (dont know if these are winmo troubles or BT troubles)

My point basicly is that the few things the iphone got going are the speed of the interface, the way the touchscreen works and the stability (although there are different stories about that, and it makes sense that if you have a interface that cannot handle multitasking its probably quite stable).

For me this is def. not enough to make me leave winmo and my omnia which i really love. Under sectors latest 6.5 rom its really stable. My problems with the omnia would be the screen (can be better) and personnally i still miss a bit a real keyboard (always had winmo phones with keyboard) but thats personal.

Anyway the iphone is quite good for what it does..but yeah its a bit of a pussyphone .. so for those who say they are so happy the switched and will never go back..we understand.. a sex change cannot be undone :D

Guest Foster318
Anyway the iphone is quite good for what it does..but yeah its a bit of a pussyphone .. so for those who say they are so happy the switched and will never go back..we understand.. a sex change cannot be undone :D

Well put ;)

Guest AngusATAT

I won't bash the iPhone. It's a decent piece of equipment that does what it's designed to do.

But would I swap my Omnia for one? No way. I might buy one for the wife when it comes to Verizon, though. It would be good for her, since it does everything she would need it to do.

No expandable memory? No removable battery? A couple of big drawbacks, if you ask me. The iPhone just couldn't do the things that I rely on my Omnia for every day.

Now, if I didn't need to use my Omnia for work, the iPhone would more than likely suit my needs pretty well. But I wouldn't switch to AT&T to get one, and I'd have to pay more for it than I could get an Omnia for, since I would have to buy the more expensive one in order to get a decent amount of memory.

Guest Turb0wned

So iphone users get to defensive??? We go off???? Then why is there a thread on "new iphone sucks" growing so fast in an Omnia forums. I said it plenty of times. I loved my Omnia and had more fun on these forums then on the iphone forums which is why I come back, It was also fun messing with it and feeling your heart stop everytime I was doing something that could brick a $500 phone. The same way I then switched to the Touch HD and wasn't looking back at the Omnia is the same way I would never switch back to nether of those after going iphone.

Edited by Turb0wned

Guest bpivk
So iphone users get to defensive??? We go off???? Then why is there a thread on "new iphone sucks" growing so fast in an Omnia forums.
You can expect that seing that your on an Omnia forum. As you could expect that if you'd post Iphone sucks on an Apple forum. 

I said it plenty of times.  I then switched to the Touch HD and wasn't looking back at the Omnia is the same way I would never switch back to nether of those after going iphone.
Well that sums it up well... You're basicaly a kid that likes toys and as soons as you get bored you buy another one. In my book that means that you're a spoiled child or don't know what to do with your money.... Or both.

Guest rungvang
The new iphone has VGA 30 fps video though...Not bad.

Better than the omnia's video quality thats for sure.

Video is probably the omnia's biggest weakness.

VGA, well, so what? You gonna make Slumdog Millionaire 2 with it?

Btw, do you know why Iphone is popular? Well, because who care about functions? My friend use Omnia and she even doesnt know about G-sensor until I told her about it. All she does is txt-ing and call. She bought it because she is rich and she likes it. May be she will switch to Iphone 3GS soon ))

So, same with Iphone. Ppl buy it because Apple has a good marketing strategy and Iphone looks nice itself, has an anvanced screentouch technology which no phones have. And just by hearing that, ppl start to buy them.

It was the same when Ipod Nano came out. Ppl loved it, ppl gone crazy about it. Everyone uses Ipod Nano, but I will say that its a piece of crap compare to Sony or Creative or watever brand. I tested the Ipod Nano and the Sony Mp3 NW something... with Shenneiser CX300. Well, the result came out that Ipod Nano is really a worst mp3 ever when it comes to sound quality. But ppl buy it, because they dont care about quality. They care about dezign, thats all.

So guys, for the ppl like us who know how to use our own phones, I think Omnia is better, but I think 90% ppl out there, they dont give a damn about G-sensor or watever Omnia or Iphone has )) For them, especcially female users, its just a cellphone,

Guest Adrynalyne

Dude why are you here? Just to troll?

That must be the case, because there is not going to be rallying support for the iPhone and iFanatics (yourself included) on an Omnia forum. You are just fueling the fire.

iPhone forums are thataway>>>

Edited by Adrynalyne