[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest mnegutu

well the screen flicker is gone, battery is now showing the correct charging state, some work at the kernel, boots faster, and some keys swapped. after some major change i'll upload a new release and i will include a changelog.

and no problem, i was going to compile the new rev for myself anw, so why not help others get it ;)

Guest joža
well the screen flicker is gone, battery is now showing the correct charging state, some work at the kernel, boots faster, and some keys swapped. after some major change i'll upload a new release and i will include a changelog.

and no problem, i was going to compile the new rev for myself anw, so why not help others get it ;)

well thanks man figured it by myself few moments ago lol :D

besides this very good project I also discovered ubuntu an i didn't start windows for like a week...so everybody-don't be afraid to try it linux is the best on phone or on computer..

cya :)

Guest Antonioffaxii

Wow awesome job guys, thought it would take much longer to get a working version working... Kudos all round!

Guest semmtexx

I'll just say I have been glued to this topic and the support site that the dev's have. Can't wait until these guys get telephony working! Keep up the good work everyone!!

Guest ^nighthawk^
I'll just say I have been glued to this topic and the support site that the dev's have. Can't wait until these guys get telephony working! Keep up the good work everyone!!

Agreed +1 and all that!

Guest Omnia-Winker

+1 also.

I just managed to get the OS running... Its ace, even more so that you dont have to loose the Windows OS everytime you want to test the latest Android release

Gr8 work, I wonder if anyone could comment on a potential telephony release date

Guest finaldestiny
Gr8 work, I wonder if anyone could comment on a potential telephony release date

Mostly likely very far away. For the developers, this is last on the list of things to tackle. They're working on the smaller stuff first.

Guest semmtexx
Mostly likely very far away. For the developers, this is last on the list of things to tackle. They're working on the smaller stuff first.

Exactly. They have a looong list of things. They are basically having to build this OS from the ground up, minus the GUI and all in their own free time. It's going te be a bit of a wait. But damn well worth it when it comes to fruition!

Guest mnegutu

rev146 fixed some of the battery charging issues, and a clean up. no dramatic update. i'll keep you posted when something big comes out because i check the svn twice a day or smth.

Guest renegadEE

Thanks for all the efforts!

I'm testing the new revision right now but after launching Haret it jumped to the kernel as usual but then the screen turns black. The green led goes on and off like a HDD activity LED. Is it cause it's booting or is there something wrong? I'm already waiting several minutes now.

edit:

As mentioned in the TS I tried the whole thing again from the start and now it works fine ;)

Ow and don't delete the applications. It's not the most beautiful Solitaire I've seen but it's nice to play :D

Edited by renegadEE

Guest Gary Crutcher

After the install, I ran heret and Android booted up correctly. Nice games BTW.

I did a soft reset, got back into WM 6.5. I ran heret again about 1 hour later.

This time the screen was split, i.e., shifted 50% to one side - the panel border

was in the middle of the screen. Could not soft reset. Removed battery and reinstalled it.

Booted into WM6.5. Ran heret again. This time got a black screen. Had to remove battery again.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Gary

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest mynullvoid

Good luck for the developers.......... I hope you will get it ready before there'll be another variant of linux mobile os.

Guest joža
rev146 fixed some of the battery charging issues, and a clean up. no dramatic update. i'll keep you posted when something big comes out because i check the svn twice a day or smth.

uhm, when you do next version can you please include restart program(the one from dev site) so people don't have to take out battery or search for stylus. hope to see it soon ;)

Guest Gary Crutcher

I have been trying to figure out why v140 will not boot properly.

After comparing v103 and v140. I noticed the system/bin directory of v140 had a lot of 0 length files,

whereas v103 system/bin directory had no 0 length files. Hmmm.....

v103 works fine on my Omnia i900.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

Guest joža

i think it's haret problem because this one is different. at that stage sd card has no influence since it's not mounted yet. i think haret has bug or difficulty shutting down hardware..well developers are experts i think they'll know how to work this out ;)

Edited by joža

Guest mnegutu
After the install, I ran heret and Android booted up correctly. Nice games BTW.

I did a soft reset, got back into WM 6.5. I ran heret again about 1 hour later.

This time the screen was split, i.e., shifted 50% to one side - the panel border

was in the middle of the screen. Could not soft reset. Removed battery and reinstalled it.

Booted into WM6.5. Ran heret again. This time got a black screen. Had to remove battery again.

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Gary

Hey!

I had this problem too, but I didn't manage to find out what causes it. I just copied the files again and it worked (maybe after a format of the ext2 partition).

Sorry, I forgot to include the restart apk. When the next big update comes up on the svn I will include this app as well.

Guest 564890

lol i can run many gameloft games ,really cool.but there's no sound~support.hope the next version can support sound system

Edited by 564890

Guest cooleydan5

ok im getting kernel panic roofs not mounted or something. csn somebody post installation steps? i dont kno how to put it on the card. any replies eill help.

Guest cooleydan5

ok.... im so lost lol first off i dont even know how to use ubuntu to create ext2 partitions on my sd card. and also what version of ubuntu do i need? is there some step by step instructions floating around somewhere i have looked everywhere but the only thing i came across was the read me in the andromnia file. and that was sttill too complex for me =(. anyway to dumb it down forr me? sorry guys any help will be greatly appreciated PLEASE HELP

Guest Gibeon
ok.... im so lost lol first off i dont even know how to use ubuntu to create ext2 partitions on my sd card.

Just wait man, it's an alpha version, it can totally destroy your phone. I really don't understand why you guys all want to test it, just wait for a stable version.

I really want Android too (that's why I donated as one of the first people on http://androidomnia.com/), but you have to wait.