[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

another question.

I made SD card filesystem format to ext2 by gparted.

but, When I boot omnia to run haret, filesystem format of it was changed to vfat.

I copied all files of rootfs has gone. I can't understand this situation.

Am I fool or something?

help me please.

P.S. I'm afraid of my poor English.

They said that project of fella maight be ended but you are still asking questions ... :D

fella and andromnia team please keep going on this project...

Edited by Mir_X

Guest z3ntn3l

NEWS Update:

Today i talked with Fella_ (Andromnia Project Founder) and he told me the following:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!
  • The Server didnt got hacked - it crashed.
  • Most of the Developers live in Europe and there is main Holiday-Season until the next 2-3 Weeks - Developing just paused completely.
  • He told me to spread this Information around.

So just stay tuned. Developing will moving on!

One nice Info he told me: All of you know that its possible to send/receive SMS. Did you know that making calls is working too? The Problem is that there is no Sound-Chip support yet and thats why you cant hear anything :D

Guest Omnia-Winker
NEWS Update:

Today i talked with Fella_ (Andromnia Project Founder) and he told me the following:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!
  • Most of the Developers live in Europe and there is main Holiday-Season until the next 2-3 Weeks - Developing just paused completely.

One nice Info he told me: All of you know that its possible to send/receive SMS. Did you know that making calls is working too? The Problem is that there is no Sound-Chip support yet and thats why you cant hear anything :D

FREAKING EXCELLENT NEWS!!! - THANKS FOR UPDATE!

Guest aceofrazgriz

good to hear something from the team.

we need to find out if they have a i910 lol, if not we need to get one to em ASAP.

Enjoy the vacation guys, you've earned some time off in our eyes.

Guest Mad Jester
NEWS Update:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!

This IS awesome news. I'm glad to here it. And they certainly deserve to take as much time off as they want.

I'm assuming that these working features only apply to the GSM version. WiFi works on my i910, does anyone know if there's a driver or anything that will get SMS (of calling) working on the i910?

Thanks.

Guest tenfourzero
Well, it did work, went to screensaver and froze. So I rebooted to run HaRET again and now it's giving "Kernal Panic - not syncing: no init found. Try passing ini option to kernal1". Seems whenever Windows Mobile is running it formats Memeory Storgae to fat32 if its anything other than!

I had the same error, and it turns out I had an extra double quote on my cmd line, which was causing it to not read in the parameters. Windows Mobile isn't capable for formatting cards (on its own), so it's not that.

I have checked the default.txt file and there's no double quotes.

To clarify my first experience with build "Sa 6. Jun 12:05:27 UTC 2009" on my i900:

• SD is converted to vfat (from ext2 or ext3) as soon as USB is disconnected from Ubuntu Live CD. Unless I boot to Andromnia first in which case it'll convert to vfat when Windows Mobile is booted.
  • Despite there being no sound, people can call my phone although there is no notification of the call on Anromnia, audio or visual. I can make a call.
  • The phone will crash when screensaver (standby) is activated.

Very excited by the project as is everyone else, the OS was very fast and smooth, much better than Windows Mobile :D

Guest timgman
NEWS Update:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!

Argh... I need to move to Europe... 50-65 hours a week here and 2 weeks of vacation a year here... and the country is owned by china...ARGH!!! what am I working for?

anyway exciting to hear this!!!!!!!!!

Guest m3ntality123
NEWS Update:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!

Hey guys,

I live in South Africa and my service provider is Vodacom, and as far as I know they are on the GSM network. I would just like to know if there are any special settings I need to change to let my phone work with SMS. At the top I can see there is no signal. Any help would be appreciated and please don't hesitate to give me a shout if I need to provide anything else!

Guest m3ntality123
NEWS Update:

• Andromnia is NOT dead!

Hey guys,

I live in South Africa and my service provider is Vodacom, and as far as I know they are on the GSM network. I would just like to know if there are any special settings I need to change to let my phone work with SMS. At the top I can see there is no signal. Any help would be appreciated and please don't hesitate to give me a shout if I need to provide anything else!

Guest muhlba91
I have checked the default.txt file and there's no double quotes.

To clarify my first experience with build "Sa 6. Jun 12:05:27 UTC 2009" on my i900:

• SD is converted to vfat (from ext2 or ext3) as soon as USB is disconnected from Ubuntu Live CD. Unless I boot to Andromnia first in which case it'll convert to vfat when Windows Mobile is booted.
  • Despite there being no sound, people can call my phone although there is no notification of the call on Anromnia, audio or visual. I can make a call.
  • The phone will crash when screensaver (standby) is activated.

Very excited by the project as is everyone else, the OS was very fast and smooth, much better than Windows Mobile :D

If you mean when android is booting there is the text vfat or similar, i can say that this means nothing, because if I boot android I get the same text. So get no panic because of this.

As far as I know there is no support for the sound card until yet. That means, that you can't hear anything. And yes, you can call somebody, but you can't hear your partner! ;)

But I get a visual notification if someone calls me, but I didn't have changed the settings, so it must be standard.

As far as I know there is no support for powersaving until yet too. In fact you can't put your phone into standby and wake it up again.

To your problem with booting android:

I had the same problem with emdebian, because when I had extractet the files from the archive to the sd card, there were some errors and in fact there was no symlink to /init.

this helps for me:

tar zxvpf emdebian_base.tgz (should work with andromnia too! replace the tgz with android root fs)

if you don't have a symlink again type ln -s /sbin/init /init

Attention: modify the path to the path where your mounted partition is!!

maybe you must do sudo chmod 777 *, but I don't know. (Just test it ;) )

for the total instructions see post #599 (hopefully this link works: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1054078 :angry: )

hopefully you'll understand this, but I'm from austria and have even finished school and because of this my english is not so good.

Guest ruidias61176

Hi, there!

I'm new here, but I was wondering if some of the drivers of Samsung i7500 wouldn't help to develop Andromnia.

I have an Omnia and I really would like to replace WMobile for it.

Hey guys,

Im on MTN and did not have to change anything my side, it worked 1st time :D

Guest m3ntality123
Im on MTN and did not have to change anything my side, it worked 1st time :D

Cool, Thanks man, will try it again, maybe get a prepaid mtn card to see if that works.

Guest m3ntality123

Hey Guys,

hope you can help me, I've previously installed a version I got from SVN. Now I've downloaded the one from pmaster and for some reason my haret won't start, it gives me something in the line of haret could not be opened...

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

He guys,

Today was my first try at running android on my beloved omnia.

I downloaded the files from pmaster, put haret.exe, image and default.txt on my storage.

made a ext2 sd card with knoppix 6.0, copied the rootfs files to that ext2 sd card, and run haret.exe.

now i get to the point where the android logo is blinking, when booting the OS. but it seems to hang at a certain point (endless loop) it scrambles the screen every 30 secs, so the logo reads: "ROIDAND" instead of "ANDROID".

then it goes back to normal for 30 secs, etc, etc.

i think that the problem is with the kernel image, because i tried another image.. and i can boot up android, except it boots up with the screen fuck3d up.. (half in the center starts the left side of screen)..

maybe anyone had the same problems?

or anyone has a better kernel image for me?

thnx in advance.

Guest cclafferty
He guys,

Today was my first try at running android on my beloved omnia.

I downloaded the files from pmaster, put haret.exe, image and default.txt on my storage.

made a ext2 sd card with knoppix 6.0, copied the rootfs files to that ext2 sd card, and run haret.exe.

now i get to the point where the android logo is blinking, when booting the OS. but it seems to hang at a certain point (endless loop) it scrambles the screen every 30 secs, so the logo reads: "ROIDAND" instead of "ANDROID".

then it goes back to normal for 30 secs, etc, etc.

i think that the problem is with the kernel image, because i tried another image.. and i can boot up android, except it boots up with the screen fuck3d up.. (half in the center starts the left side of screen)..

maybe anyone had the same problems?

or anyone has a better kernel image for me?

thnx in advance.

I've had this exact problem. My SVN version of andromnia is supposed to be version 9 and that's the one I'm trying with. I get a seriously messed up screen where it looks like the display has shifted to the right by 50% and is coming around and onto the left side again. I wonder if its just that the screen resolution is off by a certain amount. Also, when this happens I cannot use the touch features of the screen at all.

I have ensured the rootfs is loaded on an ext2 partition and the kernal image & harret are on a vfat partition within an extended partition (Worked for old version of andromnia), that I have reformated the ext2 partition before running and that I have copied the rootfs files of andromnia to the ext2 partition using a root user of nautilus (sudo nautilus) AND chmod'd the entire directory 777, blah blah blah......

On occasion, actually all but once when I ran the latest build I got the "Kernel Panic" error. The only time I didnt, the screen messed up with the only way to switch off was to remove the battery. Once turned on again, "Kernel Panic" strikes again. Seriously dont know whats going on here. As it worked (kind of) once before. Is the kernel modifying the rootfs after its been loaded?

Normally these things don't repeat themselves at random. I can assure you however sometimes it runs, most times it doesnt and without me interfering with any of the files in between. In any case, i hope the developers can iron it out.

Guest tuditudi
I've had this exact problem. My SVN version of andromnia is supposed to be version 9 and that's the one I'm trying with. I get a seriously messed up screen where it looks like the display has shifted to the right by 50% and is coming around and onto the left side again. I wonder if its just that the screen resolution is off by a certain amount. Also, when this happens I cannot use the touch features of the screen at all.

I have ensured the rootfs is loaded on an ext2 partition and the kernal image & harret are on a vfat partition within an extended partition (Worked for old version of andromnia), that I have reformated the ext2 partition before running and that I have copied the rootfs files of andromnia to the ext2 partition using a root user of nautilus (sudo nautilus) AND chmod'd the entire directory 777, blah blah blah......

On occasion, actually all but once when I ran the latest build I got the "Kernel Panic" error. The only time I didnt, the screen messed up with the only way to switch off was to remove the battery. Once turned on again, "Kernel Panic" strikes again. Seriously dont know whats going on here. As it worked (kind of) once before. Is the kernel modifying the rootfs after its been loaded?

Normally these things don't repeat themselves at random. I can assure you however sometimes it runs, most times it doesnt and without me interfering with any of the files in between. In any case, i hope the developers can iron it out.

Mine also kernel panics (all the time) with the latest build, older version works fine.

Have you tried the precompiled? If your build is getting kernel panics no matter what you might have had it built wrong.

Check out http://pmaster.no/andromnia

There's a rootfs of rev 9 up there

Guest Scenarium

Hi Guys,

I have an error on the latest Andromnia build... al previous version worked so far but with the revision 9 version i get this error at the end:

Warning: unable to open an initial console

failed to execute /init attempting defaults...

kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. try passing init = option to kernel

could anyone help me with this error?

thnx,

marc