[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest tuditudi
Have you tried the precompiled? If your build is getting kernel panics no matter what you might have had it built wrong.

Check out http://pmaster.no/andromnia

There's a rootfs of rev 9 up there

I for one did try the precompiled build on pmaster.no/andromnia but that's the build I'm getting kernel panics with.

Guest Ghettohyphy408
Hi Guys,

I have an error on the latest Andromnia build... al previous version worked so far but with the revision 9 version i get this error at the end:

Warning: unable to open an initial console

failed to execute /init attempting defaults...

kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. try passing init = option to kernel

could anyone help me with this error?

thnx,

marc

Getting same error. Any help would much be appeciated.

Guest tenfourzero
Getting same error. Any help would much be appeciated.

My knowledge is limited but ensure that the card is still ext2/3 formatted (mine has a habbit of going back to fat32 without warning) and that all files there are writable (chmod 0777).

Guest Scenarium
My knowledge is limited but ensure that the card is still ext2/3 formatted (mine has a habbit of going back to fat32 without warning) and that all files there are writable (chmod 0777).

I Fixed the error :) YAY!

- start from the beginning by removing Haret, image, Rootfs from your device.

- Start ubuntu Live cd, en create the ext2 on your SD card, when done, copy the rootfs files + Image to SD CARD and UNMOUNT the device, wait for Ubuntu to say, DEVICE IS REMOVED.

- then copy the Haret + Image files to your mobile (NOT YOUR "MY STORAGE") and unplug the device from your pc.

- Run the Haret and Voila! ANDROID.

I Hope that this will help you all also,

good luck

greetings,

Marc

Guest tuditudi
I Fixed the error :) YAY!

- start from the beginning by removing Haret, image, Rootfs from your device.

- Start ubuntu Live cd, en create the ext2 on your SD card, when done, copy the rootfs files + Image to SD CARD and UNMOUNT the device, wait for Ubuntu to say, DEVICE IS REMOVED.

- then copy the Haret + Image files to your mobile (NOT YOUR "MY STORAGE") and unplug the device from your pc.

- Run the Haret and Voila! ANDROID.

I Hope that this will help you all also,

good luck

greetings,

Marc

Mine still kernel panics right after SND initialization. It does that after a bunch of call trace information fills the screen.

Guest Scenarium
Mine still kernel panics right after SND initialization. It does that after a bunch of call trace information fills the screen.

Sounds like my problem, i don't know if it has any effect on your mobile but when i run the Haret i pushed the *Call - Mouse - End Call* keys (not at the same time)

on the omnia, and then the andromnia loads in a weird way :S but it works to me

I would like to hear if it worked on your omnia also

Gr,

Marc

i manage to get it work .. just wondering .. currently it can't work with GSM yet right ? or any service provider currently work?

I'm on T-mobile (Czech republic) and it seems that I can receive SMS, but not send them or make a call (getting some kind of network error).

Hi Guys,

I thought about to flash my Omnia with Andromnia but when it failed, how can i flash my Omnia back to Windows mobile?

Have you any Tip 4 me?

Sry for my ba English

Hi Guys,

I thought about to flash my Omnia with Andromnia but when it failed, how can i flash my Omnia back to Windows mobile?

Have you any Tip 4 me?

Sry for my ba English

prolly u just need to reset the phone, since u dont actually flash anything.

Guest tuditudi
Sounds like my problem, i don't know if it has any effect on your mobile but when i run the Haret i pushed the *Call - Mouse - End Call* keys (not at the same time)

on the omnia, and then the andromnia loads in a weird way :S but it works to me

I would like to hear if it worked on your omnia also

Gr,

Marc

It didn't work for me unfortunately.

Hi Guys,

The last version I tried was 1.05 or something :)

Few questions:

1. Where can I download the latest version of rootfs and the relevant image?

2. Does it support GSM?

Thanks !

Oren

Do we have multi-touch drive? I think Omnia the screen type can do it! If that is so , everyone will turn to Android~

The Omnia screen does not support multitouch. No chance.

Hey guys,

great work! Are there any plans on installing Android to the main memory in order to replace WM? Preferably with an option to go back to WM of course :)

I don't think there are any plans at all, we haven't heard a word from dev team for some time now (the chagelog is over a month old) :D

Guest Scenarium
I don't think there are any plans at all, we haven't heard a word from dev team for some time now (the chagelog is over a month old) :)

I'm also waiting... and waiting... i hope that they made a lot of progress for letting us wait this long