[Project] ANDROMNiA - Android on Omnia

Guest FeLLa_

Guest Omnia-Winker
first: do you see the "SIM lock or Display lock" screen after booting android? If not, I think that android can't detect your SIM card.

But it's true that you can't search for GSM networks. It doesn't work for me too. But if you've unlocked the screen by tipping in your PIN, everything works fine. For sending SMS I recommend the program chompSMS (it's free, search via google and you'll find it), because the android SMS sending program doesn't work properly. If you can unlock your SIM card you can make a call too. (It doesn't matter that you don't see any provider information and that you can't search for networks!

maybe it would be helpful if you install android again so that you have the default settings.

Thanks for that info, I did a formatted my sd card and dumped the latest release 157 I belive from a earlier post onto the card. upon booting into android I am just met with he main home screen of android (google search across the top, a couple of icons on screen)

I have never seen the unlock screen so I am guessing it cant detect my sim, which is odd.....

any suggestions how I might change this, or if I can perform a sort of soft reset once within android.

Cheers all

Guest scottath
hello guys it's Brandon Miniman from pocketnow.com... hahaha just kidding you :)

i have a little spare time(as you can see) so here i uploaded latest (157) revision of andromnia. it solved my problems using SMS and now sending&recieving works great.

so if you are having problems with sms try it ;)

and have a nice day ;)

Has this been pre-compiled?

eg unzip it (sort of) and put it on - or do i need to compile it?

Guest stirkac
Has this been pre-compiled?

eg unzip it (sort of) and put it on - or do i need to compile it?

unrar it and copy rootfs to SD and haret to anywhere on device. nothing else :)

Guest mr.bhola

Oke but will my files delete on my storage card ?

Because you have to format your sd card as an EXT2. And where can i find the Gparted ?

And I have download Ubuntu live.

But how can I load it and where can I find it ? I see nothing on my desktop.

And have I download Gparted ?

Guest X-Ray A4T

Because you have to format your sd card as an EXT2. And where can i find the Gparted ?

System->Administration->Partition Editor

Guest renegadEE

Seems like you don't know much about it so I suggest you'd better google a bit and do some research yourself cause that's the best way to learn it!

Guest Diggedy

All your files will be deleted if you format your memory card. Its either best to do this with a spare card or partition your memory card. The second should only really be done if you know what your doing.

Guest scottath

my phone is kernal panicing.....

warning: unable to open an initial console

failed to execute /init: attempting defaults...

kernel panic - not syncing: no init found. try passing init option to kernel

ideas?

Edited by scottath

Guest muhlba91
Thanks for that info, I did a formatted my sd card and dumped the latest release 157 I belive from a earlier post onto the card. upon booting into android I am just met with he main home screen of android (google search across the top, a couple of icons on screen)

I have never seen the unlock screen so I am guessing it cant detect my sim, which is odd.....

any suggestions how I might change this, or if I can perform a sort of soft reset once within android.

Cheers all

no, i'm sorry. the only thing i can say is that you can try to install andromnia again (what you have done so far :) ), but i don't know if there's a kind of soft reset or not.

my only theory about that problem is that maybe you have an gsm card that only supports g2 networks, because i've seen a button in the settings menu where you can only use g2 networks, but i can't press this button, so i think that this feature isn't supported until now.

Guest Omnia-Winker
no, i'm sorry. the only thing i can say is that you can try to install andromnia again (what you have done so far :) ), but i don't know if there's a kind of soft reset or not.

my only theory about that problem is that maybe you have an gsm card that only supports g2 networks, because i've seen a button in the settings menu where you can only use g2 networks, but i can't press this button, so i think that this feature isn't supported until now.

Thanks for the support.

I am on T-mobile in the UK - anyone on same network have working SMS???

Guest Kavern

ideas?

I am having exactly the same problem ... help needed :) ;)

Guest mickaelsnake

ideas?

Files missing on SdCard, don't forget to unmount the sdcard.

Guest jhitesma
I'm getting this error too but have the latest source. I'd like to do some technical testing for you guys and perhaps even help on the project.

I am on AMD64 version of Ubuntu 9.04, will that be the cause of the cross compiler error?

Yes, being on a 64bit install will cause that error. The compiler chain is only setup for use on 32bit x86 systems. I'm sure there's a way to get it to work on a 64bit system...but it's beyond my ability and none of the active developers are on 64bit systems so it's not likely you'd get much "inside" help with getting it setup. Best bet is to grab a x86 VM and compile in there.

The newest revision v159.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=79d40fd...621d66e282a0ee8

I had some problems with graphic in the v157 so i compiled the new one..

First time using Android. Not sure if you knew before but vibration seems to work as well as the volume rocker, but still no sound, and I just got my first SMS :) because somebody tried to call me ;)

P.S I love the Keyboard

Edited by jpcg

Guest cuzzinz

i am willing to bet 20 bucks that this will continue one for a few more months and then someone will get their hands on the Galaxy and do a Rom dump.....

Then all the sudden everyone will be flashing their omnias HAHA...but these guys will have the edge on omnia kitchens lol.

Well at least thats what I am hoping for LOL.

An easy simple flash for my i910 so that i can get off of the stupid ass windows mobile... Its not bad... but honestly Android is sooooo much better.

GL Andromnia guys... awesome progress... cant wait till this is all streamlined and working 100% on the i910 lol. :-)

Guest Gibeon
i am willing to bet 20 bucks that this will continue one for a few more months and then someone will get their hands on the Galaxy and do a Rom dump.....

Offcourse not, the Omnia hardware is much different from the Galaxy...

Guest bmn4711
The newest revision v159.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=79d40fd...621d66e282a0ee8

I had some problems with graphic in the v157 so i compiled the new one..

First time using Android. Not sure if you knew before but vibration seems to work as well as the volume rocker, but still no sound, and I just got my first SMS :) because somebody tried to call me ;)

P.S I love the Keyboard

the link to this mediafire download is password protected and will not let me download, would you mind sharing your password to this file?

Guest Gibeon

I've downloaded it (before it got password protected) but Winrar fails to unpack it.

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.project

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.svn\all-wcprops

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.svn\entries

[and 565 times more]

Already redownloaded it... How did you pack it?

Guest FeLLa_
I've downloaded it (before it got password protected) but Winrar fails to unpack it.

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.project

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.svn\all-wcprops

! C:\Users\Gerard\Desktop\androidomnia159_.zip: Unknown method in andromnia_rootfs\.svn\entries

[and 565 times more]

Already redownloaded it... How did you pack it?

this is a attributes problem. the windows (fat/ntfs) filesystem dont know the linux (ext2/3/4) file attributes.

you should better use linux (ubuntu) for setting up the rootfs!

Guest eTronic Gaming

Then all the sudden everyone will be flashing their omnias HAHA...but these guys will have the edge on omnia kitchens lol.

Well at least thats what I am hoping for LOL.

An easy simple flash for my i910 so that i can get off of the stupid ass windows mobile... Its not bad... but honestly Android is sooooo much better.

GL Andromnia guys... awesome progress... cant wait till this is all streamlined and working 100% on the i910 lol. :-)

Same here. I have the verizon i910 and I can't wait for a 100% working Omnia port to come to it. That would be AMAZING.

Guest bmn4711

can someone email me the downloaded rev 159. if so please send it in an attachment to [email protected]

my god. this stuff is gonna put the beat down on WinMo. ive been looking up android apps and so far, this is gonna kick ass in the end!

Guest ice_trey08

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the hard work on all the developers, i saw that there is rev v159, but as they said its password protected, can someone give the password or provide another link please.

Thanks.

Guest Kavern
Files missing on SdCard, don't forget to unmount the sdcard.

now i get loads of "init: cannot execue(blah blah blah):Permission Denied" and auto restart