Samsung Omnia can't be recognized ! USB PROBLEM

Guest yts17

I tried another original cable, also, the guys in service tried with Samsung original cable but no luck.

@ justpratik:

I 've already tried what you suggested. Not working.

I'm waiting the thorough diagnose from the GSM service until Wednesday.

If they can't fix it I'll find the one who sold it to me to get my money back. And better he will give it to me, because I have the means to make him do so.

Edited by sabinus

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jollylad
I just connected my usb cable as usual today and simply nothing happened just the beep from my omnia that says that the cable is pluged !

but my pc don't recognize it ! what can I do !

I dont know if you've tried this but go into Start -> Settings -> Connections(tab) then click USB connection mode and set it to ActiveSync, if still no joy toggle between ActiveSync and Mass Storage then reset phone.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gsh0509
Thanks a lot for your information! My problem same like yts17 also been solved now.

I'm having a simliar problem with my windows xp laptop. I was having issues with my omnia i910 and verizon sent me a replacement. after activating the new phone my laptop seems to have decided now is the time to no longer recognize the phone.

I've tried both the changing the USB snych to be mass storage ( not recognized) and then also disabling the advanced networking capabilities neither allows laptop to recognize the phone.

If I take the phone to my desktop (which doesn't even have activesync) the desktop (also XP) recognizes the phone as Omnia i910! so it's probably not the phone.

Is there a driver for xp that I might need or something else?

Greg

• 1 year later...