Is this a Taril DXID1 ROM?

Guest isaiahfortythirtyone

Guest cyberpost
Key for me is stability, so no freezes, strange behaviours, 100% uptime... I was so happy with the last Taril ROM I downloaded, the DXIA5 I think... is this 6.5 ROM also very stable in your opinion, or is it safer to go for the latest Taril 6.1? ;)

In my opinion it's very stable! I've tested it in many ways and i'm positive.

I would advise the 6.5-version cause 6.5 is much more fingerfriendly as 6.1...

Guest pbrand
In my opinion it's very stable! I've tested it in many ways and i'm positive.

I would advise the 6.5-version cause 6.5 is much more fingerfriendly as 6.1...

But what I've read sofar, the finger mouse still isn't supported on WM6.5?

I rather use that thingy quite frequently ;)

Guest Geronymous

I ended up downloading and installing both ;)

First I played with 6.5 for a few hours, and I have to say that it is indeed very stable, everything works fine, and it has some nice apps included, like Voice Command. But you can see that it has been ported into the Omnia, because popups do not show nicely and I have troubles entering data with the Samsung keyboard in some applications/pages. The honeycomb interface is nice but for the time being I prefer the classic Start Menu in combination with Samsung Today 2.

So after playing with 6.5, I installed 6.1, and that one gives me all I want and more! :D Note that it has also a new version of Internet Explorer that I had not seen before.

Will stay on 6.1 for a while now...

Edited by Geronymous

hey guys...am i missing something here? i cant seem to find the password for the 7zip file? can someone advise? thanks

Guest 1Mack

Well I for 1 and so glad that T aka R did not stop making his magic ROMS and that we finally have access to them. This ROM is sweet.

Guest meabigbaldguy

I've flashed and ran it for two days - light and without any additional apps added on. It's okay - basically what one would expect from a (whatever he calls himself now) ROM. I did encounter a few things that annoyed me.

- Bootup took longer - vs. other comparable custom ROMs, but this seems to be something I've also experienced with the last two of his ROMS that I've used in the past.

- Touch screen became unresponsive at times, and would then immediately become inaccurate. This would either clear up after about a minute, or would require a soft reset. ;)

- Wifi has some connectivity issues - especially with WPA2-PSK/AES encryption. It connects, but then becomes unavailable over and over again. This is something that I've also experienced with his last two ROMs. :D

- Keyboard can be unresponsive at times.

- The ROM itself seems to be heavy. After I did load up my usual apps, I was left with just over 10MB of memory, vs about 18-20 with his previous two ROMs. :o

- Adv Config Tool is nowhere to be found. Perhaps it's not really needed, but it was nice to have anyway. :D

- Active Sync disconnected on its own after about 10 minutes - every time! :)

On the plus side...

- MS Voice Command is cooked in.

- There are some really good Windows themes cooked into the ROM.

These are just my own observations after satisfying my curiousity for a couple of days! I've used his former ROMs for extended periods of time so I'm quite familiar with the work. Honestly though, if you prefer a custom ROM that is not too far from Samsung's stock ROM, then this is your ROM. However, if you want a truly custom ROM, then try ROMs from Shokka, Sector, or KC. :D

Guest erdoke

These are just my own observations after satisfying my curiousity for a couple of days! I've used his former ROMs for extended periods of time so I'm quite familiar with the work. Honestly though, if you prefer a custom ROM that is not too far from Samsung's stock ROM, then this is your ROM. However, if you want a truly custom ROM, then try ROMs from Shokka, Sector, or KC. ;)

Which one have you tried? It seems that it was the 6.5. Did you perform a Hard Reset after self-configuration has finished? It is strongly recommended to do so.

Guest meabigbaldguy
Which one have you tried? It seems that it was the 6.5. Did you perform a Hard Reset after self-configuration has finished? It is strongly recommended to do so.

Yes, I did hard reset. But anyway, it doesn't matter anymore because I only ran the ROM to satisfy my curiousity. Otherwise, I've since reverted back to another ROM and setup.

im running the 6.5 rom now. it does seem a little slower than previously.

but anyway, i have a slight problem. my XT9 doesn't work properly. usually, when you enter a word, there will be a selection of words to choose from. but now, taht selection is gone! i can't figure out how to cycle through the possible words.

anyone encountered this?

Guest taril

I suggest to all use this rom (Romovics pdafanclub.com) It is not from China :D :) :o :D , this version isnt for HTC, its for Omnia, very fast and stable!

You can compare with the chinese one (htc grabbed one) here. ;)

Guest meabigbaldguy
I suggest to all use this rom (Romovics pdafanclub.com) It is not from China :D :) :o :D , this version isnt for HTC, its for Omnia, very fast and stable!

Come on now... you know everything comes from China these days - even your iPhone!

Guest Kira Y
I suggest to all use this rom (Romovics pdafanclub.com) It is not from China :) :o :D :D , this version isnt for HTC, its for Omnia, very fast and stable!

Emm,

I previously used few of the WM6.5 Roms, but I'm facing a problem that when receiving a 2nd or 3rd sms, the phone keep vibrating without stops, and u need to mute the volume then only it will stop....

Everytimes also happenned the same problems after flashing WM6.5... I nvr have this problem while using WM6.1 final DXIA5 Rom....

So, now decided to flash back to WM6.1 which is from Romovics pdafanclub.com,DXID1 WM6.1.4 ***09.07.2009....

Tested for few days, so far so good....... Faster than previous WM6.1 DXIA5 and stable :D

Edited by Kira Y

Guest dayspring2099us

so, when will your new build release?

Guest meabigbaldguy
so, when will your new build release?

I believe that you'll have to go to his own forum for the answer to that question. But somehow, I get the feeling that once an update does come, the news of it will end up on this forum... just as the news of this most recent one did.

Guest thinkcool

hello everyone, thanks Taril for being watching the OMNIA evolution roms,

can someone please upload this 6.5 rom from that website, no way to have access.

Guest selcuk666

dear Taril

Your new roms( 6.1)do not support uptodate ( a great medical program) and wikipock ( for me these programs are one of the most usefull programs of mobile world) I can not read my uptodate data and cross links in wikipock does not work

would you advice a solution for this

thank you

Guest dayspring2099us
Confirmed! This is the best WM 6.5 for Omnia in this moment: bug free, all workable Omnia Apps, Samsung dial for video call (need activate), Internat sharing with USB.

Thanks Taril

Agree with you, even all samsung applications put in this ROM but there's 78MB still remain and I think it's fair enough, look like omnia official release for WM6.5

Guest leoms17
im running the 6.5 rom now. it does seem a little slower than previously.

but anyway, i have a slight problem. my XT9 doesn't work properly. usually, when you enter a word, there will be a selection of words to choose from. but now, taht selection is gone! i can't figure out how to cycle through the possible words.

anyone encountered this?

use your optical pad to move right, left, up or down and you'll be able to cycle through the words and see them. This is a minor bug and it doesn't happen all the time.