Adrynlyne has done it again! Check this Gps fix out

Guest bga7x

Guest Repairman2003
ill bet my second born that we dont see any screen shots of this!!!

As you can see, somebody beat me to the posting of pics of it working. So...About that second born?

Guest bga7x
As you can see, somebody beat me to the posting of pics of it working. So...About that second born?

it was me that posted it!!! I stand corrected and second born is in the mail!!!

Guest Junoman
go to Settings > System > Data Connection

Hi dmk79,

Still I can't find this "Data Connection" in the System menu!!!! Since I'm very blunt with newday technological sophistications. My rom as;

PDA: i900XXHJ5/MSHJ1

PHONE: I900XXHI5

Any further assistance please and thanks in advance.

J.

Guest dmk679
Hi dmk79,

Still I can't find this "Data Connection" in the System menu!!!! Since I'm very blunt with newday technological sophistications. My rom as;

PDA: i900XXHJ5/MSHJ1

PHONE: I900XXHI5

Any further assistance please and thanks in advance.

J.

Sorry - I am using i910 with winmo6.5 rom.

Anyone using i900 know how to connect to QPST?

Guest necosino
Sorry - I am using i910 with winmo6.5 rom.

Anyone using i900 know how to connect to QPST?

/sigh You aren't going to use QPST.. You're going to use GPS Quick Position posted in Adryn's thread at PPC Geeks (Link in first post).

i900 = QPST

i910 = GPS Quick Position

Guest dwallersv

Here is GPS Quick Position, with a screenshot. This is the better of the two apps that Adrynalyne found.

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=34535

GPS_Quick_Position.cab

(unrelated question: How do you guys insert images into a post? I upload the image as an attachment, insert the attachment into the post, preview the post, than copy the image URL from the post preview and use the insert image feature to then put the actual image in the post, and delete the attachment line that was inserted prior; surely there's gotta be a better way!)

Screen07.bmp

Edited by dwallersv

Guest omniaK

just flashed to adr's 4.0 M2D and edited the regrestry files and im still having trouble getting a quick lock...

I launch Gmaps and it says seeking GPS satalites(679411008)

and then after about 10-15 secs it says 0 satalites...(com8 576000 or managed by windows..)

I do work in a place with alot of computers and WiFi/bluetooth but the same thing happens outside (So cal is clear and sunny today)...dont know why but it seems like i cant get an actual lock unless im driving around and even then it takes a minute or so...

should the quick position program be running in the background the whole time?

Guest biff6789
(unrelated question: How do you guys insert images into a post? I upload the image as an attachment, insert the attachment into the post, preview the post, than copy the image URL from the post preview and use the insert image feature to then put the actual image in the post, and delete the attachment line that was inserted prior; surely there's gotta be a better way!)

Upload the file to photobucket or flickr, and then copy the URL that it gives you for the image. Then head back over here to modaco and click the "insert image" button at the top of the form when writing a new comment and paste the URL from photobucket or flickr in

Viola

Guest eufouria

This fix stopped working for me,

the only thing I can imagine I did was mess something up while deleting the Oldlog files through the registry.

I'm now back to 5+ minutes for a lock in Google Maps and even longer in iGO 8.

Adryn any ideas what could be happening?

Guest blazingwolf
Upload the file to photobucket or flickr, and then copy the URL that it gives you for the image. Then head back over here to modaco and click the "insert image" button at the top of the form when writing a new comment and paste the URL from photobucket or flickr in

Viola

The nice thing with Modaco is that you can upload files to the server. So pictures can be added here with out using a third party picture storage place. Just use the uploader in the post reply area to accomplish this.

Guest blazingwolf
This fix stopped working for me,

the only thing I can imagine I did was mess something up while deleting the Oldlog files through the registry.

I'm now back to 5+ minutes for a lock in Google Maps and even longer in iGO 8.

Adryn any ideas what could be happening?

Is it cloudy in your area? Clouds have proven problematic for the Omnia GPS and this app.

Guest eufouria
Is it cloudy in your area? Clouds have proven problematic for the Omnia GPS and this app.

Hah, yeah it's been raining in New Jersey for the last month straight.

I'm going to Europe today, I'll see how I fair there.

Guest Omega Ra
this quick gps isn't working for me. i910 verizon user.

my gps finds satellites the same cold speed.

There are 2 apps mentioned in his thread over at ppcgeeks. Use the FIRST one, not the second. Turns out the second one isn't working properly. The first one however does.

Guest Omega Ra

oh yeah, you still need to be outside or somewhere wher you would normally get a lock...it isn't true agps...it just helps get the lock a little faster when you are outside. I got a lock today in 26 seconds.

Guest necosino

idk why you say app #2 isn't working? I'm using Quick GPS Position. First time using it after this flash and I had a lock in <20 seconds (Although iGo Amigo for some reason locked on to my location, then lost it and went into "Autodetecting Receiver" for like 15 seconds, then re-established the lock).

Guest Omega Ra
idk why you say app #2 isn't working? I'm using Quick GPS Position. First time using it after this flash and I had a lock in <20 seconds (Although iGo Amigo for some reason locked on to my location, then lost it and went into "Autodetecting Receiver" for like 15 seconds, then re-established the lock).

well when I used the second one I never got a lock before I got tired of waiting. The first one I got locks in under 30 seconds. Adrynalyne found out that what the second one downloads is what it is supposed to but Windows or the GPS isn't unpacking and therefore not using it...or something like that