OFFICIAL VERIZON i910 UPDATE Mirror Links

Guest bigdaddykane

Guest tampaboy1984
Remember CC20 was leaked, not official so it voided warranties. CF03 is official so having that ROM on your phone does not void the warranty.

Tou'che my friend Tou'che... Very good point sir, so what else? Honestly is there anything that is different?

Guest bigdaddykane

did you flash back to the leaked rom the flash to custom rom, or hit the pda button on the UMDL with the CF03 rom in use?

interesting...... i might keep my official rom for a bit and see what our boys adry and blaze come up with.......(iv tried and tried to make a custom rom and no luck..... i guess i wasn't born to do it..lol)thanks for the update bro

Guest cuzzinz

any users with aGPS working with the CF03 firmware and a winmo 6.5 rom?

EDIT: alright im doing it.... btw i did the Bondogo mirror and i was downloading at like 900k/s on a 12mbit connection so... that site is pretty legit...

Exchange really speeds up my flashing process as far as backing everything up...

I will flash it and then do the winmo 6.5 lite from wozzer... v5 Ill let ya all know how it goes. Im not gunna play with it. Im gunna do the PDA update right away.

.... Im waiting... I am sooo excited... almost done with the Firmware update. Gunna reboot it... go through the motions and then flash the win mo 6.5 update right after.... haha i know im repeating myself but im so excited. aGPS... and im willing to bet quite a few bug fixes...

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest gayflag
OK. After the soft reset from XDA_UC, I installed Google maps, and I didn't get that message I got last time, but Google Maps was already on my street, the first time after the flash. I don't know if somehow the GPS positioning software just remembered. It didn't say locating within 4000 meters or whatever like last time. It was just there, not exact. It was at my neighbors house down the street, but it was close. The GPS locked in about 2 minutes or so (normal time) and that was that.

I tried this also, and i get the exact same result. The first lock in gmaps took a minute or two, but after removing the battery and booting, i get a lock instantly. Closed maps and tried it a few more times, the lock is right away. I guess the flash was worth it, now just time to wait for a 6.5 ROM, or should we just flash our previous 6.5 roms back?

I suggest you guys try this also.

Flash official rom.

install google maps.

get a lock

remove battery, start phone

open google maps and see if you get a quick lock.

I get a lock in seconds or less. I also installed the microsoft smartphone Gpsid app. not sure if that helps.

Edited by gayflag

Guest cuzzinz
I tried this also, and i get the exact same result. The first lock in gmaps took a minute or two, but after removing the battery and booting, i get a lock instantly. Closed maps and tried it a few more times, the lock is right away. I guess the flash was worth it, now just time to wait for a 6.5 ROM, or should we just flash our previous 6.5 roms back?

I suggest you guys try this also.

Flash official rom.

install google maps.

get a lock

remove battery, start phone

open google maps and see if you get a quick lock.

I get a lock in seconds or less. I also installed the microsoft smartphone Gpsid app. not sure if that helps.

Im jumping strait to the 6.5 rom... imma let ya all know if it works.

Gunna follow the google maps suggestion about getting a lock...

lets see how it all goes...

FLASH COMPLETED... waiting for phone to reboot

If it doesnt ill just do the entire vzw flash again... shouldnt take that long...whats another 6 min... lol.

P.S. Almost done with the 6.5 update :-D Ill let you all know whats up....

phone is starting up... seems successful so far... gunna test agps in a sec here...

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest cuzzinz

anyone change any gps settings in google maps?

When you first got a lock did you have to wait for actual GPS lock? or did it just find ya.... cause im inside... :-/

I am inside and from what I can tell wozzers v5 lite rom will not work with the aGPS... im inside with 2 bars and i cant get any location info... :-(

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest gayflag

My first lock, i had to go outside. It first found my location within 3 or 4k feet. After a couple minutes of sitting in my lawn chair, i got a lock. Then removed battery, and tried getting a lock again. Outside, i got an instant lock, then i went inside to try it and again got a lock within 5 seconds or so. Still inside, i reset my phone and it still got a quick lock.

I installed the microsoft gpsuid app, com8 and 57600. Google maps settings manual. I dont think its my imagination, the GPS function seems to actually be applicable now. No more waiting in the driveway. Atleast for me. Others can try.

Guest cuzzinz

:-(

k so i installed wozzers rom and it says i have v.CC20.20961

I dont think that is correct is it? :-(

I guess winmo6.5 doesnt work... :-(

Am i the only one that tried to flash it to winmo6.5?

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest bga7x

stop trying to get the agps to work with cc20 based roms! we will have a cooked rom for the new firmware soon enough be patient!!!!

Guest UggTheThug
My first lock, i had to go outside. It first found my location within 3 or 4k feet. After a couple minutes of sitting in my lawn chair, i got a lock. Then removed battery, and tried getting a lock again. Outside, i got an instant lock, then i went inside to try it and again got a lock within 5 seconds or so. Still inside, i reset my phone and it still got a quick lock.

I installed the microsoft gpsuid app, com8 and 57600. Google maps settings manual. I dont think its my imagination, the GPS function seems to actually be applicable now. No more waiting in the driveway. Atleast for me. Others can try.

I let Windows manage it all and i got my first lock inside, next to a window but still AWESOME speed after the first. And yes no change to My Storage JDawg.

Guest cuzzinz
stop trying to get the agps to work with cc20 based roms! we will have a cooked rom for the new firmware soon enough be patient!!!!

I didnt realize that wouldnt work... :-(

Guess i gotta do the VZW reflash again for aGPS... :-(

I find it very funny how many of us are willing to go back to the old school to take advantage of the aGPS... its like all that other cool s*** in winmo6.5 isnt as cool as aGPS... cause now we can tell iPhone users to eat it! hahaha....

Edited by cuzzinz

Guest dude291179

Can someone please post the MD5 hash for the downloaded zip file (SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.zip) for Windows XP?

Thanx

EDIT: This is what I got for MD5 checksum: 720D3B08819DFFAC4E3BBAFA136CC017

Can anyone please confirm this ?

Edited by dude291179

Guest bga7x
I didnt realize that wouldnt work... :-(

Guess i gotta do the VZW reflash again for aGPS... :-(

I find it very funny how many of us are willing to go back to the old school to take advantage of the aGPS... its like all that other cool s*** in winmo6.5 isnt as cool as aGPS... cause now we can tell iPhone users to eat it! hahaha....

rom dumped and trimming and cooking now!!!!!

Guest FutureMD311

Damn right! haha and because we can trust guys like Adryn and Bga to get us a cooked rom soon so we'll live with this for the next 24-48 hrs

Guest cuzzinz
Damn right! haha and because we can trust guys like Adryn and Bga to get us a cooked rom soon so we'll live with this for the next 24-48 hrs

Or in my case 72+ hours cause im driving to Las Vegas tonight haha...

Guest wushdishmeen

GUYS...I would hold off on flashing straight to a custom ROM from the official vzw ROM.

Adrynalyne is already working on cooking a new 6.5 ROM from the official vzw build.

I would figure that means it doesnt work correctly when flashing straight to a custom ROM.

It says that the VERIZON update "ERASES ALL END USER DATA" which means if you flash to it then flash to a custom 6.5 ROM it will work but will ERASE anything that the vzw ROM updated like A-GPS.

ALSO those having problems with 64-bit vista

IT SAYS ON THE FAQ THAT THIS UPDATE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 64-BIT VERSIONS OF WINDOWS

I'm running 64-Bit Windows 7 and I just used my spare PC that has Windows XP 32-bit to upgrade. Doesnt work on x64

Though I'm sure this will get deeply buried in this thread...

It occurred to me that if someone has a bricked Omnia in the closet that this update might revive them.

I reiterate the word "might", as to avoid flamings in the coming minutes.

Guest gayflag
Though I'm sure this will get deeply buried in this thread...

It occurred to me that if someone has a bricked Omnia in the closet that this update might revive them.

I reiterate the word "might", as to avoid flamings in the coming minutes.

Nope. When you open the update app, it says to connect your phone to active sync, then change the usb connection, then hard reset your phone. If you dont have a live phone to connect, it will never see it and you will get nowhere.

Guest waveboi011

IM SO EXICITED...cant wait 2 see the cooked roms that come from this....

also lol i was stuck in align screen loop...turns out that my screen is faulty by a couple of spots lower than the target....like a lil under the end of it lol...took damn near 30 mins.