OFFICIAL VERIZON i910 UPDATE Mirror Links

Guest bigdaddykane

Guest bga7x
Or in my case 72+ hours cause im driving to Las Vegas tonight haha...

come to my house ill flash it for you with a new cooked rom!!! about 10 mins off the strip lol bring wings and beer!

Guest dude291179
Nope. When you open the update app, it says to connect your phone to active sync, then change the usb connection, then hard reset your phone. If you dont have a live phone to connect, it will never see it and you will get nowhere.

Well, one could use this as an excuse to take the bricked phone back to the store, saying that this happened during the current upgrade process and get some tech support/replacement from VZW.

Just a thought.

Guest wushdishmeen
Well, one could use this as an excuse to take the bricked phone back to the store, saying that this happened during the current upgrade process and get some tech support/replacement from VZW.

Just a thought.

Eh just so you guys know it wont work like that.

You could flash a WORKING phone back to this ROM just so you dont void your warranty if you have to send it in or if you want customer support.

However...i have a feeling that Verizon will still know if you ever had a custom ROM installed on the phone.

Guest TheJanitor
IM SO EXICITED...cant wait 2 see the cooked roms that come from this....

also lol i was stuck in align screen loop...turns out that my screen is faulty by a couple of spots lower than the target....like a lil under the end of it lol...took damn near 30 mins.

Screen's faulty also, getting a replacement on monday. ;)

Guest pacman9889

Hmm, well, I'm getting the aGPS part of google maps to get me within 1700 meters, but I can't get a GPS lock at all. In fact, I don't get any satellites, google maps times out and says I have a weak signal. This is from sitting on my roof in fact (the third trial). Anybody got any other ideas, or another free program that I could check with.

Also, where's the settings menu for the GPS?

Guest bga7x
Eh just so you guys know it wont work like that.

You could flash a WORKING phone back to this ROM just so you dont void your warranty if you have to send it in or if you want customer support.

However...i have a feeling that Verizon will still know if you ever had a custom ROM installed on the phone.

how so??? you have their released firmware on your phone!

Well I mean, realistically speaking, I'd think it'd be pretty far out there that we can get mobile broadband speeds on our handsets, but Verizon doesn't have some sort of check back to see which software version we're using at any given time.

Even digital networks had detailed text messaging, and when you think about it, it makes sense that they would "leak" an upgrade anyway. They're probably aware of how many issues people would have when upgrading, how many phones will get crippled or bricked, and how much money they'll make / save by charging people their contract fees for inoperative phones, and new outright sales on cheap model handsets that cost them like 10 bucks to make until their official upgrade comes out.

Then you upgrade to their official software, claim there was an issue with it during your upgrade, and they say "well, ok, we have an extra 100,000 Omnias we need to push out, just have one."

You might not like them, they might not like you, but they still need your money. =D

Guest MrSmoofy

I can confirm the update won't work on x64 Vista. It runs but says it needs Windows Mobile Center whicih I have and it's running but it still says I need it.

Oh well now I have to wait for a cooked rom.

Guest j0hnd0e82

do we have to set a manual setting for the gps settings in google maps? or just choose windows managed?

i cant seem to get any sats but maybe its just cause im indoors. ive gotten a lock in here before but who knows

update: nevermind i got a lock on a couple sats. And agps does work. before i got a lock google maps already had my general location within 500 meters. seems pretty fast so far.

Edited by j0hnd0e82

Guest wushdishmeen
Also, where's the settings menu for the GPS?

Start > Settings > Personal > Phone

Click "Services" Tab

Select "GPS"

Click "Change Setting" Button

Change "911 Emergency" to "Location On"

Guest missing2

So GoogleMaps showing your location before you have a lock on sat's is aGPS? If so why does my aGPS always say im in Minsk when i live in California?

Guest level140

Agps works fine. Accurate within 30 meters. Update is same thing as CC20, in my opinion. Other than the agps unlocked, and the gps relocked.

Guest wushdishmeen
So GoogleMaps showing your location before you have a lock on sat's is aGPS? If so why does my aGPS always say im in Minsk when i live in California?

A-GPS = Assisted GPS

What it does exactly is download up to date satellite information from the cell phone towers using your internet data connection. This is a feature that ASSISTS the GPS chip in locating your position. It locates your position in addition to the GPS chip....not INSTEAD. Make sense?

Basically imagine it like this. While you are using GPS the A-GPS feature is downloading satellite info from cell towers and sending the info to your GPS to get a more accurate and faster lock.

The reason a cell tower helps is because a cell tower can get a better and stronger GPS signal. Obviously considering a cell tower is taller and closer to the sky. So in an area with a lot of tall buildings and foliage around the A-GPS really comes into play.

Ever notice how a satellite can easily lose signal if you go under a lot of trees or if theres tall buildings around? The A-GPS will help locate your position and get rid of that problem by sending your location to your GPS by CELL PHONE RADIO WAVES over your DATA CONNECTION.

Guest missing2
A-GPS = Assisted GPS

What it does exactly is download up to date satellite information from the cell phone towers using your internet data connection. This is a feature that ASSISTS the GPS chip in locating your position. It locates your position in addition to the GPS chip....not INSTEAD. Make sense?

Basically imagine it like this. While you are using GPS the A-GPS feature is downloading satellite info from cell towers and sending the info to your GPS to get a more accurate and faster lock.

The reason a cell tower helps is because a cell tower can get a better and stronger GPS signal. Obviously considering a cell tower is taller and closer to the sky. So in an area with a lot of tall buildings and foliage around the A-GPS really comes into play.

Ever notice how a satellite can easily lose signal if you go under a lot of trees or if theres tall buildings around? The A-GPS will help locate your position and get rid of that problem by sending your location to your GPS by CELL PHONE RADIO WAVES over your DATA CONNECTION.

Ok i understand that part now. But i still dont see why it would say im on the other side of the world in Minsk.

Guest paradizelost

Anyone know if this works on Vista 64 or win7 64? those are all that i have running on any machine, so hoping it'll work. worst case, i'll send it in for warranty service.

Guest snake8b
Anyone know if this works on Vista 64 or win7 64? those are all that i have running on any machine, so hoping it'll work. worst case, i'll send it in for warranty service.

I upgraded my phone using 64 bit windows 7. Just right click on the Verizon app, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select vista sp2. Then follow the directions ;)

Edited by snake8b

Guest paradizelost
I upgraded my phone using 64 bit windows 7. Just right click on the Verizon app, select properties, go to the compatibility tab and select vista sp2. Then follow the directions ;)

Keeps crashing on me, but looks like they were at least good enough to include an emergency upgrade mode, so i'm not totally hozed. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Guest paradizelost
Keeps crashing on me, but looks like they were at least good enough to include an emergency upgrade mode, so i'm not totally hozed. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Ok, works fine on windows 7 32bit by setting compatibility mode to vista sp2, but i couldn't get it to work on x64 windows 7.

Hopefully this will be a little bit more stable than the winmo 6.5 rom i've been using, i've had to reboot it about twice a day since i did that update.

Guest paradizelost
If you have Windows 7 or Vista 64 Bit and want to flash the new update, see this thread:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...-7-64-bit-cf03/

;)

Added a reply there, but i'll put it here again. The app crashed on me multiple times after setting the compatibility mode. Ran it on 32bit win7 and it worked fine following those directions.

Guest Rob Storm
Added a reply there, but i'll put it here again. The app crashed on me multiple times after setting the compatibility mode. Ran it on 32bit win7 and it worked fine following those directions.

Strange, I have now flashed all 3 Omnias. One with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7077, One with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7600, One with Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2.

Guest jbach44
Strange, I have now flashed all 3 Omnias. One with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7077, One with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Build 7600, One with Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2.

help!!!, the countdown ended, no progress on the bar.. screen is dark..... 10 min 23 sec and counting :<