OFFICIAL VERIZON i910 UPDATE Mirror Links

Guest bigdaddykane

Guest jbach44
Im tethered now on the new rom. I got agps immediately after turning on google maps.

congratulations!, I wish I had been as lucky

Guest zanshin825

Hi, guys. I successfully (I guess) upgraded last night...but I'm not having any luck with the GPS. I went into the Phone Settings and turned on the GPS...but when I try the Bing "Locate Me" option, it doesn't work. Actually, it "worked" once and put me in the middle of some distant ocean. But now it's saying it can't find me at all. Any suggestions?

Guest Majorair32

Has anyone tried to reflash back to cooked 6.5 roms after and see if agps is still working. I cant imagine going back to wm6.1 after having all these kick as 6.5 roms.

Guest Lisbian08
Has anyone tried to reflash back to cooked 6.5 roms after and see if agps is still working. I cant imagine going back to wm6.1 after having all these kick as 6.5 roms.

Do not reflash back to one of the cooked ROMS. They are cooking CF03 ROMS now. You will lose the AGPS functionality if you flash back over CF03.

Guest Lisbian08
congratulations!, I wish I had been as lucky

Try Google Maps first. Windows Live (Bing) Maps has always been a little flaky. It works great when it works. Get a lock on Google Maps and then try Bing. I hit reply on the wrong link. ;) This is for zanshin825

Edited by Lisbian08

Guest Majorair32
Do not reflash back to one of the cooked ROMS. They are cooking CF03 ROMS now. You will lose the AGPS functionality if you flash back over CF03.

Thanks lisbian I will wait for some cooked cf03 roms then. I only use iGO8 now for navi and I read somewhere that the agps doesnt help that app unless some else can test and let me know. Cheers

so the process of flashing to new cooked rom would be the similar - NOT UMDL but PDA part only did i get that right?

could hardly wait for Ad and BW goodies....

thanks.

Guest zanshin825
Try Google Maps first. Windows Live (Bing) Maps has always been a little flaky. It works great when it works. Get a lock on Google Maps and then try Bing. I hit reply on the wrong link. ;) This is for zanshin825

Thanks. Loaded Google Maps, and it worked...well, came close anyway. Has me a few miles away from where I actually am. Hopefully that'll improve.

Guest bigdaddykane

this is sooo sweet this is the reason i got this phone..... to text, watch movies, listen to music, surf the web on the fly....and to get me from point A to point B.... and now i can do it easily without stupid sloooow vz navigator or waiting 5 mins to get lock... not that i dont apriciate what you guys here at MoDaCo have done for North Americas premire smartphone...... im soooo glad I opted out for the Storm or the iphone

iPhone..... 0

Storm...... 0

Omnia.....+1 ;)

Guest mcperson

adrynalyne somehow managed to fry up a custom rom for the new update already....couldn't even believe it. his roms are by far the best! flashed to the new rom downloaded cooked rom and flashed. agps works flawlessly with 6.5! go to ppcgeeks.com right now everybody and download it..........by the way this is my first post on this forum, i've been lurking for the past 6 months making this phone a machine with all of your genius knowledge people!

Guest jcortes
adrynalyne somehow managed to fry up a custom rom for the new update already....couldn't even believe it. his roms are by far the best! flashed to the new rom downloaded cooked rom and flashed. agps works flawlessly with 6.5! go to ppcgeeks.com right now everybody and download it..........by the way this is my first post on this forum, i've been lurking for the past 6 months making this phone a machine with all of your genius knowledge people!

Could you post a direct link.

Guest tedkord

I think Adryn exists outside normal space-time, and is not subject to it's laws/constraints.

Guest thaibruin

Just installed Adrenalyn's rom over CF03. The only difference I'm noticing is aGPS is working GREAT. and REALLY.... that's all I cared about. ;)

Hell yes! ;)

Just finished updating my first one , now for the 2nd. Never had any luck with the cooked roms so I finally have give up.

Took you long enough verizon!

Guest jbach44

Well I spoke to VZW this morning, told me to take the Omnia to the local Corp store (so they can verify the Omnia is bricked, since it wasn't the active phone on my line), the tech verified it, I called warranty services back, and they said the device is being sent, should have it Monday

Guest mcperson
Does his rom bypass the screen calibration after a flash? My screen is messed up and I can't get past it.

yes it does, it will work better than perfect. did anybody ever notice throttle launcher won't work on any of his roms...don't really care, just kinda remembered that right now.

Guest zanshin825

Hi...need some help, if possible. I just tried to flash for the first time to Adrenylns 6.5, but got an error message in the UMDL. Then it just hung. Now when I try to turn on the Omnia, it's stuck at the Omnia flash screen...sadly. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Guest level140
Hi...need some help, if possible. I just tried to flash for the first time to Adrenylns 6.5, but got an error message in the UMDL. Then it just hung. Now when I try to turn on the Omnia, it's stuck at the Omnia flash screen...sadly. Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Seems like it's not totally bricked. Your caught in limbo... I suggest flashing to the official omnia update if it will work. Then try again.

Guest zanshin825

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried...but it won't boot to the point that the update will take. Sucks. Guess it'll be a trip to Verizon tomorrow, unless anyone else can think of some magic to work.

Guest metalzoic

Hmmm...

Updating to CF03 and about ten seconds after pressing the "upgrade" button I got a windows error alert saying it had to close down active sync.

The update seemed to be continuing after that, but now the progress bar has been stuck at 60% for 37 minutes.

It's been mentioned in this thread that there's an emergency update mode. Should I just let it sit and see if emergency mode kicks in? I've checked active sync and it just says connection disabled.

Argh! now I'm at 40 minutes and counting. Any advice guys?