Bgill55 CF03 Roms 6.5 V2.6/"FloTanium" M2d v2.4.1/"BlissTanium" v2.4.1

Guest bga7x

Guest midiwriter
no knock on me this rom flies for me whens the last time you did a hard reset? Like a real SYS hard reset?

I do this every time. I still believe this is key to a stable OS in any form.

no knock on me this rom flies for me whens the last time you did a hard reset? Like a real SYS hard reset?

No I haven't.

Glad I posted my discontent. I'll do so and let you know.

Guest AFBcon06

Is there no more X closes everything and you have to into task manager now to close everything? Am I missing something. Also how do I change the features of the new keyboard I dont see a setup menu. Thanks all

Is there no more X closes everything and you have to into task manager now to close everything? Am I missing something. Also how do I change the features of the new keyboard I dont see a setup menu. Thanks all

I provided a cab for showcase I few pages back. I took out HTC taskmanager. for keyboard settings go to Settings/personal/input

Bingo... looks like the hard reset did it.

The install was still a little funky, but after the soft reset and a few minutes everything seemed to settle down.

I've used your past 5 ROMs and this is definitely your fastest.

Edited by Cogburn

Slight bug: When you go to Settings -> Phone -> Services -> GPS...

When you set "Location On" there is now a popup window where you must type the word "yes" to complete the setting. This window is getting squashed and you have to be somewhat creative to get it to work since the keyboard won't pop up.

I had to use MyMobiler to type in the response and complete the setting.

This was also apparent on a few other 23049 ROMs so I'm guessing this is something new.

Worth noting that your ROM was the first where I was actually able to see the confirmation screen at all... the other simply caused the settings screen to hang.

Slight bug: When you go to Settings -> Phone -> Services -> GPS...

When you set "Location On" there is now a popup window where you must type the word "yes" to complete the setting. This window is getting squashed and you have to be somewhat creative to get it to work since the keyboard won't pop up.

I had to use MyMobiler to type in the response and complete the setting.

This was also apparent on a few other 23049 ROMs so I'm guessing this is something new.

Worth noting that your ROM was the first where I was actually able to see the confirmation screen at all... the other simply caused the settings screen to hang.

Screen Shot I havent ever seen that screen!

Guest jmart518

This may be the wrong place to post this, but it is something that some of you may find usefule with the new keyboard. I was unable to get auto suggestion to work with it, so I installed this and it works like a charm. I found it a long time ago and used to use it for FK, so all the credit goes to its creator! Again, this is just an auto word suggestion for the keyboards, just install to device memory and soft reset to activate.

XT9_Disable.cab

post-519096-1253182174_thumb.png

Edited by jmart518

This may be the wrong place to post this, but it is something that some of you may find usefule with the new keyboard. I was unable to get auto suggestion to work with it, so I installed this and it works like a charm. I found it a long time ago and used to use it for FK, so all the credit goes to its creator! Again, this is just an auto word suggestion for the keyboards, just install to device memory and soft reset to activate.

Sweet Ill give this a try! I have the Reg fix for XT9 to work but in doing so it kills the ability to use the camereas zoom feature and the camrea hardware button to take pictures. Kinda weird how they are linked!

I updated it with a pic, hopefully it works being cooked in! On a side note, did you by chance update the latest rom with mortscript 4.2 or greater?

I didnt sorry i really forgot about it I was planning on it but it spaced my mind with this new kitchen being released. Throw it in your XDA_UC folder and pretend I did lol :)

Guest jmart518

HAHA! Yeah, that's what I did, that is why I wasn't sure if it was already in it. Just doin some clean up on the post flash installation folders. Well done on the new ROM, I like all that space! I can install almost everything to device and not worry even worry about it or even slow anything down!

For those that want to mess with the XT9 in the HTC Keyboard here is the reg change you will need!

HKLM\System\currentcontrolSet\control\Layouts\e0010409 ok once there change ime File so it reads like this: Windows\eT9.dll

Then Change the Layout Text so it reads like this: eT9 IME

wait 30 seconds then soft reset choose XT9 in your settings and you will have XT9

Edited by bga7x

Guest mikentammy610

I think this has been asked before, but is there a program to restore your email settings, ie. username, passoword and smtp settings.... I love to reflash but taking the time to reset up email and everything is obviously time consuming...

THANKS BGILL.......

Bgill, thanks for your hard work!! One problem I always struggle with WM, and it seems loads of other do as well, is that sound settings don't stick. I found a program at XDA called KeepMyTones that will save all your custom tones for contacts and all system events and notifications. You can even save the file to your SC then reload after a flash. The author even allows cooks to build it into their ROMs so maybe next time. It's a great programI have been using it flawlessly.

My other question is I can't seem to get the XDA_UC program to work. it starts up after a soft reset, but nothing I put in the SD folder will install. I do not have a SD card, only the built in My Storage, but I read that it will install to My Storage anyway, but it isn't. Any help would be great.

For those that want to mess with the XT9 in the HTC Keyboard here is the reg change you will need!

HKLM\System\currentcontrolSet\control\Layouts\e0010409 ok once there change ime File so it reads like this: Windows\eT9.dll

Then Change the Layout Text so it reads like this: eT9 IME

wait 30 seconds then soft reset choose XT9 in your settings and you will have XT9

this ROM completes me. **swoon**.

*select/save sound/notification--check! IMO they actually sound less tinny than releases pre-23049.

*toggle vibrate issue resolved--check

*make and receive phone calls--check

*send receive SMS, MMS, email--check [auto-resize MMS via camera- and MMS-UI--check]

*Blue tooth detection--check

*WIFI--check

*GPS--check

*efficient memory and battery usage--check

*responsive tap/scroll--check

*responsive power button to suspend and shutdown--check

*XT9 hack--check [AS NOTED: affects camera features, but see below]

*camera--check [as an amateur photo, zooming magnifies hand-shack while zooming with your feet is tried and true. same goes with using hardkey. pressing it requires just enough pressure to cause a shutter-shake. d-pad shoots instantly after point-and-shoot latches.]

Edited by arirang

Bgill, thanks for your hard work!! One problem I always struggle with WM, and it seems loads of other do as well, is that sound settings don't stick. I found a program at XDA called KeepMyTones that will save all your custom tones for contacts and all system events and notifications. You can even save the file to your SC then reload after a flash. The author even allows cooks to build it into their ROMs so maybe next time. It's a great programI have been using it flawlessly.

My other question is I can't seem to get the XDA_UC program to work. it starts up after a soft reset, but nothing I put in the SD folder will install. I do not have a SD card, only the built in My Storage, but I read that it will install to My Storage anyway, but it isn't. Any help would be great.

Yeah I use keep my tones I posted that cab a while back very cool! You need a SD card for XDA_UC to work so if you dont have one XDA_UC will do nothing for you!