Bgill55 CF03 Roms 6.5 V2.6/"FloTanium" M2d v2.4.1/"BlissTanium" v2.4.1

Guest bga7x

I use NewsBreak, it's pretty good.

Hey Grass... I use(d) Newsbreak also; however, I had to quit using it today because it seems to hang (hard) a lot. Usually after viewing a feed and trying to come back to the list. This has happened on an almost constant basis with the new few ROMs - especially with the new 6.5.1 ROMs.

If it isn't happening to you, where did you install Newsbreak at? (main, my storage, or storage card) And where do you keep your feeds storage folder at? And how many feeds do you use? Trying to find a reason why it hangs.

Thks!

/Chimp

Does anyone know how to get Viigo working with 6.5, or have a good recommendation for an alternative RSS reader? There seems to be a .net compatibility issue with 6.5. I tried SPB News, but it takes way too long to update.

i tried a bunch of RSS readers but thanks to reader.google.com, the lag and system overhead of aggregating feeds on an installed reader is a thing of the past--cloud-based services is the future [evernote, myphone, google apps, etc].

Guest Grassguy
Hey Grass... I use(d) Newsbreak also; however, I had to quit using it today because it seems to hang (hard) a lot. Usually after viewing a feed and trying to come back to the list. This has happened on an almost constant basis with the new few ROMs - especially with the new 6.5.1 ROMs.

If it isn't happening to you, where did you install Newsbreak at? (main, my storage, or storage card) And where do you keep your feeds storage folder at? And how many feeds do you use? Trying to find a reason why it hangs.

Thks!

/Chimp

Yeah mines been doing that too. It's very irritating. I wonder what could be causing it?

Yeah mines been doing that too. It's very irritating. I wonder what could be causing it?

Yea, I just don't think it is compatible with 6.5.1... That stinks too, cause other than being very un-finger friendly, it is one of the best news readers out there!!

Guest Majorair32
Yea, I just don't think it is compatible with 6.5.1... That stinks too, cause other than being very un-finger friendly, it is one of the best news readers out there!!

What about the news reader that came with the omnia. Has anyone tried that. I dont know if that will help but I used to use it and it wasnt that bad. I never used any of these other ones that you guys are talking about so I could be way off base here. Cheers

I am running v2.4.1 of Flotanium and I am having problems with outlook email's "send" email soft key. Anytime I try to write a new email, I only get a "reply all" soft key. This occurs for every new, reply or forward message.

I ran through the topic looking for similar issues and more importantly a fix, but didn't seem to spot one. I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks

P.S. I have installed the mms fix.

I cant believe that this is happening again. I just got the new phone in. I go to flash it and the flash fails. I got 2.5.1 ROM. I get I green bar in OS Flash Image Update. And it stops on 30% on the software side. Is there a way for me to get CF03 without the update tool from verizon? It needs to detect phone by it being on before it lets you continue. But if I do it through UMDL it might work...

Guest midiwriter
Is there a way for me to get CF03 without the update tool from verizon?

What do you mean by this? Aren't the new phones shipped by Verizon already equipped with their update (mine was)? The easiest way to check is just open Google Maps and see if you get a satellite lock.

So you are just running UMDL only right? If not, all I can say is you need Active Sync running (and connected) to run the Verizon update, and the opposite to install this rom (disable Active Sync), as well as Mass Storage selected in your phone's USB connection mode settings as opposed to Active Sync....

Edited by midiwriter

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE

"My other question is I can't seem to get the XDA_UC program to work. it starts up after a soft reset, but nothing I put in the SD folder will install. I do not have a SD card, only the built in My Storage, but I read that it will install to My Storage anyway, but it isn't. Any help would be great."

yea but i think u still needs the sd card, cuz wen xda_uc starts installing your cabs it asks if u want My Storage or SD, so thats y technically you can install into either or, but i believe u need the xda_uc folder in the SD first...then u can put it in my storage, hope this helps

I cant believe that this is happening again. I just got the new phone in. I go to flash it and the flash fails. I got 2.5.1 ROM. I get I green bar in OS Flash Image Update. And it stops on 30% on the software side. Is there a way for me to get CF03 without the update tool from verizon? It needs to detect phone by it being on before it lets you continue. But if I do it through UMDL it might work...

Are you a regular at flashing? This has got to be some type of error on the computer side since the same thing is happening to the second phone. I would try a different computer or something.

QUOTE(djm69 @ Sep 17 2009, 10:19) *

Bgill, can I add m2d in your 2.5.1 rom? Would it be an issue with the rom?

nope there is plenty of room for you as well!

So are there changes that you make when you cook it in vs. me just installing M2D? Id love to go ahead and just flash to 2.5.1 instead of waiting for a newer M2D ROM.

Guest midiwriter
So are there changes that you make when you cook it in vs. me just installing M2D? Id love to go ahead and just flash to 2.5.1 instead of waiting for a newer M2D ROM.

Just install the 1.9M2D (WQVGA version) on top of the ROM...this (I'm quite sure) is the version Bgill uses on his rom and I don't see any difference. He also installs M2DC to configure it, I include it here.

M2DC_v0.29.235.CAB

Guest necosino

Go to my stickied post in this section of the forum. There is a link to download the CF03 update as an .img and a guide to update using UMDL.

Are you a regular at flashing? This has got to be some type of error on the computer side since the same thing is happening to the second phone. I would try a different computer or something.

Yes I am a regular a flashing I have done so dozens of times... On this phone and on other diffrent ones. I have never had this problem until yesterday. It seems that from now on I am going to have to live with 6.1 until the Omnia 2 comes out. I don't know how I will last with 6.1 since I hate it but I can't have my phone brick 3 times within a few days. Thats too dirty even for me.

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE
Cool Theme!!! Care to share/provide info?

NP...K get bgills 2.5.1, load the rock and republic theme that is already on the rom, then download the cab i provided (but really from the guy who made it...reperia i think), install it, soft reset it, then set this pic as background n enjoy!

post-559525-1253233310_thumb.jpg

rp_thm_titanium_blue_carbon.cab

Edited by FJomniaInyoFACE