Bgill55 CF03 Roms 6.5 V2.6/"FloTanium" M2d v2.4.1/"BlissTanium" v2.4.1

Guest bga7x

Guest CJHacker
But asphalt is still not working :) same message... also found out FaceBook Chat titanium has the same issue ( i never tried this thing until now...)

I ran into that before as well. I installed FIM to the device memory and it seemed to work fine after that.

Bgill (or anyone): I am not very fond of the hourglass (i.e. waiting) icon - it's just too big for my tastes. I would like something smaller or just another wait icon. Can that be installed on the ROM via a CAB? (and not cooked in) If so, anyone know where I can get another waiting icon/cursor - either the plain default or another smaller one?

It's just my personal taste :) - otherwise, your ROM is working great, Bgill! Good work! (as usual)

/Chimp

Guest Mad Jester
I ran into that before as well. I installed FIM to the device memory and it seemed to work fine after that.

I had to edit the action url in the Facebook chat titanium panel from "/Windows/fim.exe" to "/Program Files/fim/fim.exe" in order for it to work for me.

I'm using 2.6 I think.

Again, awesome ROM BG. You have taken me from MS3 to Titanium. I've very impressed and happy.

My battery life has been a little shorter since I flashed to 2.6, but I've also been working in a warehouse this past week and low signal may be the issue.

Bgill (or anyone): I am not very fond of the hourglass (i.e. waiting) icon - it's just too big for my tastes. I would like something smaller or just another wait icon. Can that be installed on the ROM via a CAB? (and not cooked in) If so, anyone know where I can get another waiting icon/cursor - either the plain default or another smaller one?

It's just my personal taste :) - otherwise, your ROM is working great, Bgill! Good work! (as usual)

/Chimp

You should check out this program called MWC3. I haven't used it on the Omnia but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Hopefully this helps you.

i formatted my storage card, then formatted my storage (standard formats, not quick). then reflashed.

asphalt still doesnt work :). and the error is definitely the error you get if you install an app, then remove its files but not uninstall it.

ah well. things are much smoother now though, i had a ton of app prefs that got flushed which was the point for the formats and reflash.

Guest Mastergreeny
i formatted my storage card, then formatted my storage (standard formats, not quick). then reflashed.

asphalt still doesnt work :) . and the error is definitely the error you get if you install an app, then remove its files but not uninstall it.

ah well. things are much smoother now though, i had a ton of app prefs that got flushed which was the point for the formats and reflash.

That's weird that everyone keeps having problems with asphalt...I have flashed this ROM 3 Times now and other ROMs in between and it has worked every time. Inbetween flashes I always reformat my storage using phone not computer then do a hard reset.

That's weird that everyone keeps having problems with asphalt...I have flashed this ROM 3 Times now and other ROMs in between and it has worked every time. Inbetween flashes I always reformat my storage using phone not computer then do a hard reset.

+1 worked on my phone My Tester phone and my Girls phone kinda strange! Ill remove upon next release!

Guest Mastergreeny
+1 worked on my phone My Tester phone and my Girls phone kinda strange! Ill remove upon next release!

Maybe you can just post a cab for it instead...I like the game.

Guest midiwriter

OK I just reflashed AND reformatted my storage card, and still getting this! Weird how different people get different things happening (still on 2.6).

post-552367-1253749977_thumb.jpg

Maybe someone has some suggestions. Since the scrolling is not working in MS latest baselevel (in 2.6), I stepped back to 2.5.1. I am having a couple of problems I have never seen before. Windows Media player will not play movies in full screen mode. When you enter full screen it reverts back to non-full screen. It will not stay. I though I'd try Coreplayer. The Coreplayer controls will rotate to landscape, but the video picture does not rotate. Now I cannot watch my movies.

Is there a way to get the more colorful top bar icons from 2.2 in this version?

Any ideas are welcome. I am not sure how to proceed.

Guest bluematrix64
idk which you wanna change, the ani_poweron or welcomehead.96

ani_poweron the animation with the rotating bgill skull, you change using total commander (i use), other file explorers work too (excluding original file explorer unless you edit the files in the windows directory which will take some time)

just simply rename or download a file that says "Ani_Poweron.gif" and copy it to /windows

same with the welcomehead image

rename a file to welcomehead.96.png and copy it to /windows

hope this helped

this is the ani_poweron i use

created by airreak over at omniarom.com :)

post-549389-1253671056_thumb.jpg

this is the welcomehead.96.png i use

created by danes :D

post-549389-1253671072_thumb.png

I've tried to mess with the backgrounds like this but it won't let me through file explorer saying that the items are "read-only" and won't let me change the attributes to archive to let me remove and rename stuff. Is there a work around that I'm missing??

Guest bluematrix64

Also, I don't mean to sound newbie-ish here but dumb question, I have seen a lot of you suggesting making registry edits to certain things. How and what are you using to do that??

Guest stupidel

I just performed a hard reset and flashed to Version 2.6. Now i can't reprogram the phone, even tried calling verizion customer service and they were unable to reset it manually. Before i reflash it back to the standard CF04 rom, has anyone experienced this before? and or possibly know a quick solution?

Thanks.

Guest Redmanll34
Also, I don't mean to sound newbie-ish here but dumb question, I have seen a lot of you suggesting making registry edits to certain things. How and what are you using to do that??

RESCO Explorer and Regedit. great program, much more powerful than the explorer in there.

Well, it was nice running 2.6 but I have to use xt9 to text, so i'm rolling back to 2.1. I know it worked on that rom. :)

You can install Shokka's Keyboard and it'll restore the default xt9 settings. It's been posted a few times in these forums.

Well, it was nice running 2.6 but I have to use xt9 to text, so i'm rolling back to 2.1. I know it worked on that rom. :)

I too like the xT9 and the following fix worked for me. Download the i910 keyboard cab from Hart457 here

Install the cab to Device, soft reset and you should now have xT9.

Scott

Hey, guys. I love this latest ROM - it seems very stable, and quite fast. Great work, and many thanks BGILL. We'll miss you if you're cutting back on your output - but you've earned the rest!

For those who've had issues, such as a lack of a vibrate setting screen, I've found on my phone that several of the settings icons are directing to the wrong settings page. Here's what I've got:

Backlight = vibration settings

Data Connection = Motion Sensor settings

Motion Sensor = Backlight settings

Text Messages = Data Connections settings

Looks like the Text Messaging settings is missing - at least I didn't find it. Not sure if this is endemic to the ROM, or if something I installed caused it.

None of this really causes me any heartburn. This is the fastest, most stable I've been since flashing, and I think I'm now content. Unless something really revolutionary (or just too damned cool) comes along, I'm staying put. For now...

EDIT: This is a SPB MS3 issue. They direct incorrectly from MS3 menues, but not from the WinMo menues. Probably a registry fix. But, I assume that if you're using Titanium, it will not be an issue.

Edited by tedkord

In response to a suggestion, either here or in one of the other ROM discussions, I loaded FTouchSL and was going to leave it disabled to see what impact it had on scrolling. Unfortunately, after installing it and reseting, my Omnia never got past the Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional start screen. The bar with the movning line came up, which is usually only up for a few moments. It stayed at that for several minutes, the screen would blank and I could not turn it on again. Additional soft resets did the same thing. I had to hard reset and restore I backup I had made the other day. Now all seems well, but I am going to stay very far away from FTouchSL.

Restoring the backup seems to have fixed the video problem with Media Player, not sure why though.

Guest SweetwaterBurns
I just performed a hard reset and flashed to Version 2.6. Now i can't reprogram the phone, even tried calling verizion customer service and they were unable to reset it manually. Before i reflash it back to the standard CF04 rom, has anyone experienced this before? and or possibly know a quick solution?

Thanks.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Happens every time I Hard Reset my or my wifes phone, so, I just don't do it anymore, flashing over it works fine. It first started when I went to CF03. I had to call verizon, reprogram my ASN so I could make calls, and then wait for them to process a trouble ticket on their side in order to get Internet working. I think it might just be a network issue for verizon that's triggered when the phones try to authenticate for the first time. the last time it happened, they were able to get it working over the phone, and I haven't had any issues since.

I am using The M2D firmware but It will not allow me to change anything on the Today screen with the CHOME editor... I only want some of the bare essentials on there.  I can open chome editor and remove some of the stuff but it stays on the today screen any way around this?

yeah a cab for asfault would be cool

also i am with xbladr, i pulled a buncha stuff but its still there. tryin to remove the little bar under app launcher (wireless, bluetooth, phone settings, sound etc). and remove the calender as i dont use it, and pull fave people and voicemail.. maybe soemthing else too

oh and my xda didnt install anything in the SD folder, but all the stuff i wanted on the main mem was flawless and fast

Edited by ugzz

Guest sockfocks
Hey, guys. I love this latest ROM - it seems very stable, and quite fast. Great work, and many thanks BGILL. We'll miss you if you're cutting back on your output - but you've earned the rest!

For those who've had issues, such as a lack of a vibrate setting screen, I've found on my phone that several of the settings icons are directing to the wrong settings page. Here's what I've got:

Backlight = vibration settings

Data Connection = Motion Sensor settings

Motion Sensor = Backlight settings

Text Messages = Data Connections settings

Looks like the Text Messaging settings is missing - at least I didn't find it. Not sure if this is endemic to the ROM, or if something I installed caused it.

None of this really causes me any heartburn. This is the fastest, most stable I've been since flashing, and I think I'm now content. Unless something really revolutionary (or just too damned cool) comes along, I'm staying put. For now...

EDIT: This is a SPB MS3 issue. They direct incorrectly from MS3 menues, but not from the WinMo menues. Probably a registry fix. But, I assume that if you're using Titanium, it will not be an issue.

I experienced the same thing, It was fixed after a format of storage and hard reset, then doing a clean install of the 2.6 rom. I had the issues you had when I used spb backup to restore programs.

Another interesting side note, even though I formatted mystorage and hard reset and did a clean install of 2.1, I found asphalt in mystorage/programs. Clicked on the .exe and it started to play. Never did get it to work on 2.6...weird!!!

Hmm...so I might go back to 2.6 with the keyboard cab thanks for the idea!!

Edited by sockfocks

WOW I can't believe so many people are having these issues! I have been flashing BGill's for months and never one issue! Asphalt works great, although i don't play that much. xt9 blows goats, so I like having the ezinput. the home screen is flawless, I even applied neo titanuim and still no issues. The only issue (which is tiny, its minuscule, its infinitesimal) is that showcase takes out the bgill start flower on home screen, but no where else. That's it!! Its speedy! Its got tons of memory! Its clean! It's BGILL!!!

Yes the ramblings of certifiable Flashaholic. Thanks a lot bgill.

i love the new kb, but the keys do feel small, i wish they got bigger in landscape like the samsung ones. ah well

ok first Major issue: since the hard keys are re-mapped. how do you get out of full screen in remote desktop??? im stuck in full screen mode :)

*edit, nvrmind, i see you just have to disconnect and reconnect and its fine

Edited by ugzz