[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
First of all thanks to everybody who helped me get my phone back up and running, I actually think it was the ftouchsl that caused my fone to keep freezing. My spb backup is fine, as long u check the pim data only. Loll i thought the hard reset was the power+call+end but it was softreset and the other two. Took me like 40 minutes, I was buggin. Thanks blazingwolf for this rom, its dope! I love the extra lifestyle widgets, makes it even sicker. However, I have one small question, wen I use other skins for my pro layout, it completely doesnt allow me to use the extra widgets for the lifestyle layout. The only way for me to use the extra lifestyle widgets is to not touch the pro layout skin. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

No I sure don't. Probably a bug with the widget pack.

Guest BrianPick
My bad. Spelling mistake.

If you reference some of prior post, you will see I often suffer the same malady.

Do you by any chance have a cab for the old Samsung Today 1&2 ?

I have dug around the various file repos. I can find Today 2 but no go on 1. Trying to make the old lady hold out and learn titanium but she is resistant to changeola ! I promise I won't ask anymore favors for a while..... ;)

Guest joehero

I AM an ignoramus. If you read my post, feel free to hit me over the head with something of your choosing.

Edited by joehero

Guest JDawg183
feel free to hit me over the head with something of your choosing.

I would use my coworkers iPhone, but I am still waiting for Apple to approve the app for that.

Guest joehero

So I created the XDA_UC folder in My Storage and put FingerKeyboard 2.1 in the root folder. I then created a folder called SC and put multiple CABs into it. After a hard reset, nothing happened but I got the XDA_UC message and the phone reboot. Nothing is installed. Did I do something wrong?

Guest blazingwolf
So I created the XDA_UC folder in My Storage and put FingerKeyboard 2.1 in the root folder. I then created a folder called SC and put multiple CABs into it. After a hard reset, nothing happened but I got the XDA_UC message and the phone reboot. Nothing is installed. Did I do something wrong?

Yes, the XDA_UC folder needs to be on your Storage card and not in My Storage.

You also named the second folder incorrectly. It needs to be SD (unless that is a spelling mistake).

Guest blazingwolf
I would use my coworkers iPhone, but I am still waiting for Apple to approve the app for that.

That was rejected due to language content. ;)

Guest dmcnado

Common misunderstanding... you should put the XDA_UC folder on your storage card (as opposed to My Storage). Instructions in post #1.

Guest dercetojones

I'm pretty sure it needs to be on the Storage Card, not My Storage.

Guest compnird

One complaint! Just the keyboard it really lame, looks like the WinMo Default. I am searching to see what options I have to fix it. I actually like the base Samsung keyboard that was in the Beta ROM, I'd love to see that one again.

Thanks BW, another very stable build with exactly what I want and none of what I don't! (Except for the keyboard)

I just downloaded the MS3 version and it's awesome!! However, I'm trying to add some of the widgets labeled as "professional" - such as "digital flip clock", but they do not seem to be adding -- any suggestions?

Thanks

- oriz

Guest pillagingjack

Brain fart here....I need to download the tclock sammy program...anyone know where its located? I have searched the forum and google. I feel like a retard...

Thanks in advance,

Nate

NEVERMIND....jumped the gun on posting...its all good!

Nate

Edited by pillagingjack

Guest sessionthree
I just downloaded the MS3 version and it's awesome!! However, I'm trying to add some of the widgets labeled as "professional" - such as "digital flip clock", but they do not seem to be adding -- any suggestions?

Thanks

- oriz

Same problem here. I even tried installing both of the cabs below but still no luck.

MS3_Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series__WQVGA_BW_ROM_Only.cab

MS301_WidgetsProPlusUltimate_QVGA_070809_BW_MS3_ROM_Only.cab

Guest Lisbian08
First of all thanks to everybody who helped me get my phone back up and running, I actually think it was the ftouchsl that caused my fone to keep freezing. My spb backup is fine, as long u check the pim data only. Loll i thought the hard reset was the power+call+end but it was softreset and the other two. Took me like 40 minutes, I was buggin. Thanks blazingwolf for this rom, its dope! I love the extra lifestyle widgets, makes it even sicker. However, I have one small question, wen I use other skins for my pro layout, it completely doesnt allow me to use the extra widgets for the lifestyle layout. The only way for me to use the extra lifestyle widgets is to not touch the pro layout skin. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

I do not believe you can use the widget packs and skins like the imarche.net skins together. They both try to update the same files and are not compatible. There are forums on this over at XDA. They are huge though, like 360 pages or so. Its a light read. ;)

Guest Lisbian08

BW,

I believe the the 2 widget files at the beginning don't really work together. One is the JGjackson widgets (smaller file) and the other is by mskip from XDA (the one I modified). I haven't looked in both Cabs, but I think both of them modify similiar files and registry entries. If you install both then you might get unexpected results. Just a thought.

Guest blazingwolf
One complaint! Just the keyboard it really lame, looks like the WinMo Default. I am searching to see what options I have to fix it. I actually like the base Samsung keyboard that was in the Beta ROM, I'd love to see that one again.

Thanks BW, another very stable build with exactly what I want and none of what I don't! (Except for the keyboard)

Yep, mentioned this a little bit ago. I'm not sure why it is doing this but just use IMSelector and change the keyboard to the one you want. After that it will work fine.

Guest blazingwolf

Thanks

- oriz

Are you using the ones from this thread? The ones from other areas will not work on my ROM.

Guest blazingwolf
Same problem here. I even tried installing both of the cabs below but still no luck.

You can't install both at once. Choose one or the other.

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

I believe the the 2 widget files at the beginning don't really work together. One is the JGjackson widgets (smaller file) and the other is by mskip from XDA (the one I modified). I haven't looked in both Cabs, but I think both of them modify similiar files and registry entries. If you install both then you might get unexpected results. Just a thought.

Never said they were meant to be used together. They are posted so that people can use them with my ROM if they so choose. If these items are picked up from other areas they will not work in my ROM so I modified these ones. :D

Guess I should have realized that I needed to explain that. ;)

Guest Wildman3064132

Blazingwolf is there any way you can create a cab to reinstall Visual Voice Mail? I am paying for it so I would like to still us it.

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf is there any way you can create a cab to reinstall Visual Voice Mail? I am paying for it so I would like to still us it.

There already is one. I posted it a couple of times in the Rock and Republic ROM thread.

Just click on the paperclip next to the thread title and it will bring up a list of all the files that have been posted.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest monsterpt

BW - is the black calculator in this ROM? Mine is the standard white calc. Got everything else set up black including TClock launching from Today (awesome). Tried to load up bgills black calc cab but no change either.