[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Noticed button for "video call" in call log when call selected. Button does not do anything when pressed. Is it supposed to work??

Hard to use when Verizon doesn't provide that service. ;)

Guest blazingwolf
How do you get htc task manager to show in the top corner while ms3 is running when I install spb ms3 on other roms then try to do htc task manager that doesn't show up.

I didn't do anything special. It just worked.

Guest pallen
Noticed button for "video call" in call log when call selected. Button does not do anything when pressed. Is it supposed to work??

That goes with the i900 - they have a forward-facing cam as well as the one on the back that can be used for video conferencing. That was stripped from our i910 when it came accross the pond.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey blazing...., I don't know if you've seen this issue but my 'Business Home' screen on the MS3 carousel isn't active. Have you or anybody come across this issue?

Seems to be some left overs from a widget extra I originaly put in. Install the JGJackson widgets and it should work. I'll remove all of the extra stuff in the next version (there is a bug with the extra widgets). Also, there are cabs attached to post #2 that will give you these items. Only install one of them though as they use the same resources.

Guest blazingwolf
DITTO !!!!!!!

Is there a way to speed up the web pages downloads?

I use IE & Opera 9.7 in the past verizon rom' the pages, though not a complete as your loaded much faster.

I use my phone to "surf" even more than my desktop. MY Yahoo page is really slow. Some pages load as before so I guess its a script thing which is way beyond me....

Thank Again

Non that I know of. If you find something let me know.

Guest blazingwolf
Awesome job as always BW. I'm assuming that I should drop my subscription to the Rock and Republic thread and subscribe to this one? Lol. Everything looks great especially the black themed Samsung applications. PS I'm happy I no longer have to install FToughSL to get the nice kinetic scroll. ;) Great job once again! :)

Some nitpicky things I noticed. It wasn't like this in your Rock and Republic rom so I'm sure it's nothing hard; the capitalization of the words in the NEO panels doesn't seem to be consistant (email, text, calendar, phone, etc). It's just that some of them start with a lowercase rather than a capital...lol. One other thing that I notice this morning, that I don't think was ever addressed in your other rom either, the etiquette mode doesn't seem to work. That's all...just some constructive criticism. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Yeah, I left out a file (hate when that happens :D ). It will be fixed in the next version.

Guest blazingwolf
Argh... why is it that when I get my Omnia all nice and configured, I have to look in this forum and see a new ROM I want?

Curse you for making such sweet looking ROMs!!

;)

I do it just to make you mad. :D

Guest blazingwolf
Is this enabled by default? I browsed to the folder and played around with the settings, but i dont remember if it was enabled or disabled originally. I have found that some apps that have their own smooth scrolling need to be excluded in FTouchSL or they get jerky.  

FTouchSL is not enabled. There is no reason to enable it as it changes the scrolling without doing this.

Guest rndchef

BW is there an upgraded Weather Today Plugin in the MS3.01 ROM? I see one in the screenshot and assume its the basic single city that comes with the MS3.01 which is kind of useless. I have tried SPB Weather and it wasn't worth the money since it would not update itself consistently.

Edited by rndchef

Guest Mastertwiz

Hey BW,

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's just how my Omnia is configured (MS3v1.1).... My company enforces 15 minute idle lock when I'm sync'd to our exchange server. Ne ways, I use a simple numeric code to unlock my phone. When I slide to unlock and the virtual numerical keypad pops up, I tap the buttons, eveything works, but the text field isn't populated with "******" when I hit the buttons. It's hard to tell if I've hit the button or not, ya know? It's not a big deal since it still works, I just have to assume I've hit them correctly. It's a little dangerous, if I miss my code 10 times my phone gets scorched (remote hard reset) ("my storage" included). Thanks for the awesome rom, I've loving it.

Regards,

Twiz

Guest JDawg183

Two things.

1: Any thoughts on implementing that new HTC Wifi program they are talking about on the news screen?

2: A while back I found a regedit to make the screen more responsive, it was changing a value from like 700 to 100 and there was another one for the scrolling that made it respond much faster. Have you seen this? Any thoughts on changing that by default to a lower response time? If not, how EXACTLY (I am new to this stuff still) do I save the reg edit in the XDA_UC folder if/when I find it again so I dont ahve to edit it every time? Thanks

Guest BrianPick
is thier a way to get the resize of pics to work to send thru mms. as of now i get an error and i have to resize manually to send.

BW. You may already be aware of this but the reason the pics won't resize for MMS is due to the fact that it uses the Samsung Media Album exe to do this. If you add that back it works just fine at least it does for my Omnia. Here is the cab if anyone else wants to try.

Now if only we could conjure up some black buttons for media album.....but that's my OCD shining through.

Media_Album.cab

Guest Sky Masters

Hey Blazing, another thing I noticed..... When my screen is locked, it shows the time and the slide lock bar. What it doesn't show is the number of events - missed calls, text messages etc So if I received 3 missed calls and 3 text messages..., it jus shows the blank slide bar. Is this directly linked to Titanium layout?

Guest BrianPick

BW Do you know where the media album files live. I have the black files but i am not very good at cabs. I cant seem to find a cab for the black media ablbum and don't know which files to replace.

Guest tabeytabe

I'm sorry, I'm new to BW Roms...

What is the difference between Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series and WidgetsProPlusUltimate?

Any recommendations on which is best?

Guest BrianPick
BW Do you know where the media album files live. I have the black files but i am not very good at cabs. I cant seem to find a cab for the black media ablbum and don't know which files to replace.

Scratch that. It's called ContentsManager.exe and is the Windows directory. Just copy over with the attached file and voila, you have a black media album.

***I have yet to test whether you have to have media album installed and overwrite or if this would add it.

contenetmanager.zip

Edited by BrianPick

Guest Ruffroc02
Is it possible to install the MS3 Rom and then install Titanium as well? So I can switch back and forth between them?

Install BW Titanium Rom then download MS3 rom from SPBsoftware.com. I used to have both but now I don't see the need for MS3 with my configuration.

Guest Ruffroc02
Hey Blazing, another thing I noticed..... When my screen is locked, it shows the time and the slide lock bar. What it doesn't show is the number of events - missed calls, text messages etc So if I received 3 missed calls and 3 text messages..., it jus shows the blank slide bar. Is this directly linked to Titanium layout?

When an event happens the number of event shows up in the slide bar. When you push the slide the the different event and their number of occurrence pops up. From there you slide that event over to access it. There is a general problem that I am experiencing though. If I push the slide bar to see my event and let them disappear, the even are cleared out from the side bar and so I have to unlock the phone to see the events. Also sometimes when you slide the event slider over it doesn't take you to the event. This is an inherent problem with Titanium I believe and is not something BW can fix.

Guest pallen
FTouchSL is not enabled. There is no reason to enable it as it changes the scrolling without doing this.

ha, really? Is that how the program works, or do you have it cooked in that way? My exclusions seem to work where I set them for programs that have their own scrolling methods. 

Guest tabeytabe

Ok, a couple more noob question...

I just installed the MS3 version... Will I have to pay for SPB Mobile Shell eventually? Or is what's on this ROM something that is free?

And same question for the Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series... I read that it allows you to add Email Pro, Status Pro, etc... Is this stuff that I have to pay for?

Guest BrianPick

I just installed the MS3 version... Will I have to pay for SPB Mobile Shell eventually? Or is what's on this ROM something that is free?

And same question for the Lifestyle_Widgets__Pro_Series... I read that it allows you to add Email Pro, Status Pro, etc... Is this stuff that I have to pay for?

If the applications ask for registration, that generally means you will need to obtain a serial number to continue using them after the trial.

Guest balaams_ass

MS3 is worth every penny if you like it, look for online discount codes.

Guest rndchef
If the applications ask for registration, that generally means you will need to obtain a serial number to continue using them after the trial.

Since I have already paid for it, should I flash a cleaner ROM and add the MS3 over it? I looks like Adyn has a base CFO3 ROM that may work better since I have newbie customized my phone a lot thus far. Not sure if its appropriate to mention his ROM on this forum.