[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I must be already in, I went out for dinner and am still #8 download of Neo and #3 of MS3... didn't I mention I was feeling a little reserved??? Someone else must have hijacked my keystrokes - hate when that happens.

It's Sunday. It's usually slow on Sundays. ;)

Guest Wildman3064132
Weather conditions in your area? Is aGPS working with Google Maps?

Did you try a soft reset?

Yes the aGPS is working on Google Maps but for some reason the location keeps moving location from multiple locations and google maps keep saying that GPS has a weak signal...

Now as for weather conditions it Clear Skys and 85 without a cloud in the sky.

Guest tmar23

BW - the first post gives brief instructions on how to install your rom. I noticed you don't make reference to making sure active sync is disabled on both the phone and computer. 99% of us FA's know this, but a newbie may not. Just thought you may want to add it in there to prevent any potential future issues/questions. Just thought I would throw this out there as a suggestion, since I noticed it. And, thanks again for the new rom!

Guest tmar23
Yes the aGPS is working on Google Maps but for some reason the location keeps moving location from multiple locations and google maps keep saying that GPS has a weak signal...

what are your gps settings at? I have had success with both - letting windows manage gps, as well as setting to com 8 and 57600.

Guest blazingwolf

Hmm, I'm not sure why it isn't working then. I know that it works on mine. I can only say try again after a soft reset and see what happens.

Guest Wildman3064132
what are your gps settings at? I have had success with both - letting windows manage gps, as well as setting to com 8 and 57600.

I have let windows manage and I have set it up on Com #8 with bandwith at 4800 because that what the gps setting report is connection speed.

Guest blazingwolf
BW - the first post gives brief instructions on how to install your rom. I noticed you don't make reference to making sure active sync is disabled on both the phone and computer. 99% of us FA's know this, but a newbie may not. Just thought you may want to add it in there to prevent any potential future issues/questions. Just thought I would throw this out there as a suggestion, since I noticed it. And, thanks again for the new rom!

Yeah, I probably should. Thanks for pointing it out.

Guest blazingwolf
I have let windows manage and I have set it up on Com #8 with bandwith at 4800 because that what the gps setting report is connection speed.

Set the baud for 57600.

Guest Wildman3064132

Set the baud for 57600.

I tried that (See Photos)

Left. Set at 57600 couldn't find gps

Right. Set at 4800 found gps.

Center. No lock..

Another thing strange if I set gpe to 57600 in google I get a strange responce from gps sat information (See Right Corner) Seeking 176094528 Satellites?

post-509959-1248048365_thumb.png

post-509959-1248048372_thumb.png

post-509959-1248048380_thumb.png

post-509959-1248049727_thumb.png

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest imbolc

BW,

this is best rom to date, it is very appreciated.

My only other dumb question, is aside from and reg edits, i just need to create the folder on my storage card that named XDA_UC and put in the cabs I want to install on a flash or hard reset?

I read the link you provided at xda, is it really this easy?

GPS Issue.

I'm not particularly concerned with aGPS. Usually, if I'm actually going somewhere I might need GPS, I can afford the minute or two it takes to get a lock with just GPS.

Google Maps will give me a location with 2200 meters, so I get the impression that aGPS is active.

Bing, for whatever reason, wasn't included in my list of applications on the honeycomb menu, so I went to Microsoft and downloaded Bing for mobile from the website. I do the locate me option, and first time it located me in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, then it had me in some strange Country I'd never heard of before. If I manually enter my location, it'll show the gas prices and map and such, but I assume thats due to the fact that I've got an active internet connection.

Garmin Mobile XT will not get any lock of any type whatsoever, whether I have Windows manage my GPS settings, or set the baud to 57600 under COM8. Even when I don't have it manually set, Garmin will show that the "External GPS" is set under COM8.

Any ideas?

Guest blazingwolf

Center. No lock..

Another thing strange if I set gpe to 57600 in google I get a strange responce from gps sat information (See Right Corner) Seeking 176094528 Satellites?

It's working on mine just fine. I don't get instant locks where I live I usually have to wait a few minutes even with CF03. The Google numbers that you show are normal for me also.

post-142761-1248050672_thumb.png

post-142761-1248050682_thumb.png

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

this is best rom to date, it is very appreciated.

My only other dumb question, is aside from and reg edits, i just need to create the folder on my storage card that named XDA_UC and put in the cabs I want to install on a flash or hard reset?

I read the link you provided at xda, is it really this easy?

It's that easy. ;)

This is why I am using it. If you want your cabs to be installed to a storage card or My Storage then create a folder called SD and put it in the XDA_UC folder. Now place your cabs in there and it will ask you where to install.

Guest blazingwolf
GPS Issue.

I'm not particularly concerned with aGPS. Usually, if I'm actually going somewhere I might need GPS, I can afford the minute or two it takes to get a lock with just GPS.

Google Maps will give me a location with 2200 meters, so I get the impression that aGPS is active.

Bing, for whatever reason, wasn't included in my list of applications on the honeycomb menu, so I went to Microsoft and downloaded Bing for mobile from the website. I do the locate me option, and first time it located me in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, then it had me in some strange Country I'd never heard of before. If I manually enter my location, it'll show the gas prices and map and such, but I assume thats due to the fact that I've got an active internet connection.

Garmin Mobile XT will not get any lock of any type whatsoever, whether I have Windows manage my GPS settings, or set the baud to 57600 under COM8. Even when I don't have it manually set, Garmin will show that the "External GPS" is set under COM8.

Any ideas?

GPS works. Look at my screenshots above.

Bing is called Live Search in this one as I forgot to change the folder. The functionality is exactly the same though so I'm not going to update just for this. Being in the middle of the ocean is not unusual for Bing/Live Search. Locate Me is known to be problematic. It has never worked for me but it does work for others.

Can't help you with Garmin as I don't use it.

Guest Wildman3064132
It's working on mine just fine. I don't get instant locks where I live I usually have to wait a few minutes even with CF03. The Google numbers that you show are normal for me also.

I thought such so I reset unit and I seem to get a lock, a weak lock but at least its connecting... I will have to install one application at a time and see if its a software conflict.... It may be a application not playing well with 6.5..

Thanks for information...

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest imbolc

BW,

is there a way to put garmin xt on a bigger card? I would like this software, but switching out storage cards on the omnia sucks....

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

is there a way to put garmin xt on a bigger card? I would like this software, but switching out storage cards on the omnia sucks....

You should be able to. I'm not the one to ask though as I can't honestly tell you how. Try gpsunderground or somewhere like that.

Guest Wildman3064132

Noob Question here, Blazingwolf I haven't done a full reset of phone through phone menu rhat wipes everything including storage card, with your custom rom install will this option still work without issues. I have been formatting by useing the phone keys and reset buttons. Will it be safe to do this?

Update: Disregard question, completed reset, figured this might be good to do to update radio and it appears to locate more towers better....

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest sponrob
Hope it works well for you. ;)

Sir Wolf, very fine. The look and general feel are awesome. It was 115 today, so staying inside and fussing with my Omnia and playing with your ROM was a great way to stay cool..

Guest blazingwolf
Noob Question here, Blazingwolf I haven't done a full reset of phone through phone menu rhat wipes everything including storage card, with your custom rom install will this option still work without issues. I have been formatting by useing the phone keys and reset buttons. Will it be safe to do this?

If you wipe your storage card then the files you have in the XDA_UC folder will not install. Everything else will work just fine though.

Guest blazingwolf
Sir Wolf, very fine. The look and general feel are awesome. It was 115 today, so staying inside and fussing with my Omnia and playing with your ROM was a great way to stay cool..

Youch. At that temp I would melt. Glad you like the ROM.

Guest sponrob

Center. No lock..

What program is the screenshot from? did it come on this BW Rom?

Guest sponrob
Youch. At that temp I would melt. Glad you like the ROM.

yeah, Palm Springs...is the GPS program on your screenshot included in the ROM somewhere? I like.