[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
yeah, Palm Springs...is the GPS program on your screenshot included in the ROM somewhere? I like.

I know the place. I lived in the San Bernadino Mountains. ;)

Screen shots are from iGo 8. Does not come in the ROM.

Guest balaams_ass
I'll have to check. Make sure your using the right size image though or it won't look good. It needs to be 960X748.

Yeah I have 10 or so images that I made for MS3 all sized to 960x748 and they worked on the CC20 ROMs you made. Thanks for looking into it.

Guest blazingwolf
Yeah I have 10 or so images that I made for MS3 all sized to 960x748 and they worked on the CC20 ROMs you made. Thanks for looking into it.

Use version 1.1. That issue has been fixed. It was the JGJackson extras I put in that caused it.

Guest iflyfish

big bw hey is the gps thing you had on the other rom not on this one you know that thing i would have to hit download and it would last for three day

;) it was for the gps sat

Guest Astrall
big bw hey is the gps thing you had on the other rom not on this one you know that thing i would have to hit download and it would last for three day

;) it was for the gps sat

It's not included in BW's roms anymore as there was a question as to whether or not it actually had any benefits. About 50% said it helped and the other 50% showed no difference.

Guest jagnfly
Version 1.1 uploaded and linked in post 1 and 2.

Both ROMs:

Updated to 23007 SYS and XIP

Volume control bug fixed

Pagepool changed to 12MB

MS3 ROM only:

JGJackson widgets removed due to bug. I will create a cab for easy install after flash.

V1.1 is going smoothly, just one tiny change noticed on my install so far: in at least V1.1 Neo, the default keyboard for all apps is preset to the tiny 'Keyboard' instead of the black 'XT9 Keyboard'.

Guest iflyfish
It's not included in BW's roms anymore as there was a question as to whether or not it actually had any benefits. About 50% said it helped and the other 50% showed no difference.

o OK thanks well i didn't know if it helped or not

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE

OK so I dont know what is happening to my phone...I flashed my fphone to this ROM and everything went smoothly until i updated my contacts through spbackup. It asked me to reset my fone and i clicked no, however my fone restarted anyway and after that my phone would start but it gets stuck rite where the blazingwolf thing loads....please tell me my fone is not bricked??? isnt it wen you brick your fone it bricks rite away as in once u flash it? or can it brick even after it works after the flash? thanks in advance for the help!

Guest tmar23
OK so I dont know what is happening to my phone...I flashed my fphone to this ROM and everything went smoothly until i updated my contacts through spbackup. It asked me to reset my fone and i clicked no, however my fone restarted anyway and after that my phone would start but it gets stuck rite where the blazingwolf thing loads....please tell me my fone is not bricked??? isnt it wen you brick your fone it bricks rite away as in once u flash it? or can it brick even after it works after the flash? thanks in advance for the help!

I am no expert, but I don't think your phone is bricked. Re-flash BW's rom, but don't backup your contacts with spb. If it works ok, then you must have a conflict in the backup process. Again, I am no exprt, just offering my opinion here.

Guest blazingwolf
V1.1 is going smoothly, just one tiny change noticed on my install so far: in at least V1.1 Neo, the default keyboard for all apps is preset to the tiny 'Keyboard' instead of the black 'XT9 Keyboard'.

Yeah, I'm looking in to that. I'm not sure what happened. You can use IMSelector in the Utilities folder to set the keyboard.

Guest blazingwolf

Spb Backup has been causing issues. Just hard reset your phone and don't install your restore and you should be OK.

Guest Wildman3064132

Question when you restored did you just restore the first 3 options that covers personal information our did you restore all options? If you restored al options you basically reinstalled the old rom image because spb backups everything on system and allows you to restore another phone as emergancy backup... Ive been using spb Backup for at least 4 years and you just need to restore PIM Data, Emails and My Documents under Custom option.

Guest Kwijibo

I tried this rom out, and it seemed quite impressive at first. I did notice that it ran painfully slow. I'm not sure if I borked something when I was importing my contacts or what. I just noticed that the past post mentioned issues with SPB backup. That may be the case, I don't know.

Guest Wildman3064132

Everybody having issues with SPB Backup, use these setting when backing up and you will only get personal information and have no problems... I can stand by this software and after all these years I never had issue using this software. It saved my life a number of times...

post-509959-1248074837_thumb.png

Guest cdouglass

This ROM is great. I've finally got this phone in a working condition where my wife isn't pissed that I didn't get her an iphone. We have two i910's. One for my son and one for my wife and both are on this latest BW ROM. I have one question...

GPS or google maps question/issue: Everytime I open google maps (both phones are on signed up on Latitude). The location shows the phones are in Tallinn Estonia (Europe). Its a little frustrating since we are in Milwaukee, WI. This continues to happen after multiple soft resets. If outside they eventually find gps sats and correct. However, they constantly revert to Estonia as a default. It seems as though the agps is not working. I did not run into this with any of the other previous BW ROM's. I haven't tried reinstalling google maps yet. Probably a good start yes?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by cdouglass

Guest BrianPick

I have a question for whomever can answer(BW). Is it possible to make the Titanum CClock launch the Samung Clock / Alarm app. I have added it back to Winmo but my GF is insistent on using that instead of the Windows clock app and would love it if I could make it launch from Today ? Thanks in advance.

Guest Vahnyyz

I'm not sure if you're having the same issue I was having before, but if you're installing FTouch SL or whatever its called, I had it installing from my XDA_UC and I had to uninstall it before i did my first soft reset. I haven't gone on the new one as I just found out there's a new one but test out to see if its ftouch sl

Edited by Vahnyyz

Guest blazingwolf
I tried this rom out, and it seemed quite impressive at first. I did notice that it ran painfully slow. I'm not sure if I borked something when I was importing my contacts or what. I just noticed that the past post mentioned issues with SPB backup. That may be the case, I don't know.

Probably a restore issue. These ROM don't like restores fr some reason.

Guest blazingwolf
For some reason auto-suggestion and auto correct in my input settings stopped working. was this disabled in the rom?

I just checked the key in the MS3 version and it is set right. I will have to flash to the Neo Titanium version but it should be set there correctly also.

Guest blazingwolf
This ROM is great. I've finally got this phone in a working condition where my wife isn't pissed that I didn't get her an iphone. We have two i910's. One for my son and one for my wife and both are on this latest BW ROM. I have one question...

GPS or google maps question/issue: Everytime I open google maps (both phones are on signed up on Latitude). The location shows the phones are in Tallinn Estonia (Europe). Its a little frustrating since we are in Milwaukee, WI. This continues to happen after multiple soft resets. If outside they eventually find gps sats and correct. However, they constantly revert to Estonia as a default. It seems as though the agps is not working. I did not run into this with any of the other previous BW ROM's. I haven't tried reinstalling google maps yet. Probably a good start yes?

Thanks for any help.

I'm glad to hear the ROM is going over well. ;)

I'm not sure about the Google Maps issue though. It shows me correctly every time. Have you tried to reset Google Maps to see if that helps? You will have to inout your info again but maybe it will keep you in the states after that.

To reset Google Maps go to Menu/Options/Reset Google Maps.

Guest blazingwolf
Has anyone seen this? It looks really sexy, but it looks like it is an older version from the number on there? Did someone add a plugin or something you think?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/19/recent-...endly-approach/

The branch that those images are coming from is an based on an older build of WM6.5. It is a testing branch. They try new ideas and see if they work. Once they find what they like it gets moved to the branch that we are using. Because it is a testing branch it is highly unstable and doesn't like changes made to the code (those changes break it). Due to these issues I will not use that to build a ROM with.