[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I have a question for whomever can answer(BW). Is it possible to make the Titanum CClock launch the Samung Clock / Alarm app. I have added it back to Winmo but my GF is insistent on using that instead of the Windows clock app and would love it if I could make it launch from Today ? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I think it is possible. I saw a reg hack over on XDA-Developers about it. Once I find it again I will post it for you.

Guest JDawg183
The branch that those images are coming from is an based on an older build of WM6.5. It is a testing branch. They try new ideas and see if they work. Once they find what they like it gets moved to the branch that we are using. Because it is a testing branch it is highly unstable and doesn't like changes made to the code (those changes break it). Due to these issues I will not use that to build a ROM with.

Fair enough ;)

Guest BrianPick
Yes, I think it is possible. I saw a reg hack over on XDA-Developers about it. Once I find it again I will post it for you.

As always the depth of your knowledge on this topic is seldom surpassed. I will dig and see if i can find it as well.

Guest bigbarrel

BW,

If I already have MS3 do you recommend my downloading your MS3 version or the Night v1.1? Please keep in mind that I'm using SPB backup to restore my previous data and MS3.

Thank you.

Guest balaams_ass
BW,

If I already have MS3 do you recommend my downloading your MS3 version or the Night v1.1? Please keep in mind that I'm using SPB backup to restore my previous data and MS3.

Thank you.

His version is in the ROM you don't want to install it again. The night version includes software you won't use (ie Titanium) and will only take up storage. Use the MS3 ROM and your activation code. S'what I do.

Edited by balaams_ass

Guest VTXrocks
This ROM is great. I've finally got this phone in a working condition where my wife isn't pissed that I didn't get her an iphone. We have two i910's. One for my son and one for my wife and both are on this latest BW ROM. I have one question...

GPS or google maps question/issue: Everytime I open google maps (both phones are on signed up on Latitude). The location shows the phones are in Tallinn Estonia (Europe). Its a little frustrating since we are in Milwaukee, WI. This continues to happen after multiple soft resets. If outside they eventually find gps sats and correct. However, they constantly revert to Estonia as a default. It seems as though the agps is not working. I did not run into this with any of the other previous BW ROM's. I haven't tried reinstalling google maps yet. Probably a good start yes?

Thanks for any help.

Mine did the same thing FWIW. Reloading the base C03 'fixes' it and aGPS works just fine. Not sure what is going on. (Located in MN on Verizon Wireless)

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

Thank you.

Up to you. Depends on whether or not you want Titanium for the today screen. If yes then choose the Titanium version. If no then install the MS3 version. Your code will work with the cooked in version.

Spb backup has known issues restoring information with any of the cooked 6.5 ROMs. Use at your own risk.

Guest Wildman3064132

Blazingwolf do you know where I can get updated Titanuim Plugins, I used a s2p plugin for the build Woozer released for CC20 6.5 ROM but your version is layed out totally different and I don't think they will work with your version installed.

Update: I swear my brain doesn't kick in until I post, went to original posted site and they listed a link to a updated version... I'm good...

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf do you know where I can get updated Titanuim Plugins, I used a s2p plugin for the build Woozer released for CC20 6.5 ROM but your version is layed out totally different and I don't think they will work with your version installed.

It will work but it won't be in the Neo theme. As far as I know there is no Neo version of that panel yet. I'll see about doing one but I don't know when it will be done.

Guest blazingwolf
Mine did the same thing FWIW. Reloading the base C03 'fixes' it and aGPS works just fine. Not sure what is going on. (Located in MN on Verizon Wireless)

Apparently Google Maps doesn't like the northern states. It works perfectly fine for me on both of my ROMs. Try reseting Google Maps to see if that helps.

Guest bigbarrel
Up to you. Depends on whether or not you want Titanium for the today screen. If yes then choose the Titanium version. If no then install the MS3 version. Your code will work with the cooked in version.

Spb backup has known issues restoring information with any of the cooked 6.5 ROMs. Use at your own risk.

Thanks. I decided to install the MS3 version and only use SPB Backup to restore PIM data, emails, and My Docs. Now my problem is that I'm missing all of my installed programs. I've now setup a XDA_UC and SD folder within the root of my storage card. If I reflash your MS3 ROM I assume these cabs will autorun? How do I place my PIM data, emails, and My Docs into the XDA_UC folders so those come back automatically too? Can I put .exe files in the XDA_UC folder to get those to autoinstall? When these programs install will they use my previous settings or do I have to go through the registration process again?

Thank you.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks. I decided to install the MS3 version and only use SPB Backup to restore PIM data, emails, and My Docs. Now my problem is that I'm missing all of my installed programs. I've now setup a XDA_UC and SD folder within the root of my storage card. If I reflash your MS3 ROM I assume these cabs will autorun? How do I place my PIM data, emails, and My Docs into the XDA_UC folders so those come back automatically too? Can I put .exe files in the XDA_UC folder to get those to autoinstall? When these programs install will they use my previous settings or do I have to go through the registration process again?

Thank you.

No need to reflash. Just hard reset and XDA_UC will work.

You need to use PIM back up or something similar for PIM data. XDA_UC is not a backup program.

Exe files will not be installed by XDA_UC unless you have a script to move them and create a shortcut for it. Check the link I have given in the first post for more information about XDA_UC.

Programs installed by XDA_UC are fresh installs. You will need to re-register them. If you know the registry location of this info then you can have XDA_UC import a reg file and it will restore that information.

Guest BrianPick

Try as I might, I cannot locate the thread you were talking about. I found something referencing an exe you can rename and then have proxy to the correct exe but that seems a little convoluted.

For anyone else that may be reading along. I am trying to have CClock on titanium launch the tclock.exe app from Samsung. Any info or nudge in the right direction would be immensely helpful.

@BW thanks for looking into it for me. Let me know if it comes back to you or you happen to find the thread at xda..

Guest Majorair32
Try as I might, I cannot locate the thread you were talking about. I found something referencing an exe you can rename and then have proxy to the correct exe but that seems a little convoluted.

For anyone else that may be reading along. I am trying to have CClock on titanium launch the tclock.exe app from Samsung. Any info or nudge in the right direction would be immensely helpful.

@BW thanks for looking into it for me. Let me know if it comes back to you or you happen to find the thread at xda..

I would love to have the clock in MS3 open the old sammy clock/alarm that came with the omnia. It is way eaiser to add alarms and what not. Let me know if anyone has a fix or something for either cclock or ms3 clock on lifestyle page or pro page.

Guest blazingwolf

OK. I found it. Change this reg key:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCLOCK

Change clock.exe to TClock.exe. Wait for 30 seconds. Soft reset and you should be set.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I would love to have the clock in MS3 open the old sammy clock/alarm that came with the omnia. It is way eaiser to add alarms and what not. Let me know if anyone has a fix or something for either cclock or ms3 clock on lifestyle page or pro page.

You can add a link to the lifestyle page to open the Samsung clock. Won't that work for you?

Guest BrianPick

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Ria\:MSCLOCK

Change clock.exe to TClock.exe. Wait for 30 seconds. Soft reset and you should be set.

You searching skills are superior to mine own. Briana will be happy. She loves the 6.5 (who doesn't) that was the only thing that got her goat.

If you ever need anyone willing to break their phone OS to try something out. Do not hestitate to let me know. I don't know what else I could contribute but I thought I would offer.

Guest Majorair32
You can add a link to the lifestyle page to open the Samsung clock. Won't that work for you?

Yea thats what I have going on now. I would just be that much sweeter when you click the clock and it goes to the samsung clock.

Guest BrianPick

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Ria\:MSCLOCK

Upon looking, I found that there are two keys HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai & HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIA

:MSCLOCK is actually found in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai instead of RIA

Just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks again MS.......that would never confuse anyone !

Guest FJomniaInyoFACE

First of all thanks to everybody who helped me get my phone back up and running, I actually think it was the ftouchsl that caused my fone to keep freezing. My spb backup is fine, as long u check the pim data only. Loll i thought the hard reset was the power+call+end but it was softreset and the other two. Took me like 40 minutes, I was buggin. Thanks blazingwolf for this rom, its dope! I love the extra lifestyle widgets, makes it even sicker. However, I have one small question, wen I use other skins for my pro layout, it completely doesnt allow me to use the extra widgets for the lifestyle layout. The only way for me to use the extra lifestyle widgets is to not touch the pro layout skin. Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Guest blazingwolf
Upon looking, I found that there are two keys HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai & HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RIA

:MSCLOCK is actually found in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai instead of RIA

Just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks again MS.......that would never confuse anyone !

My bad. Spelling mistake.