[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Well thanks for your answer but i like your rom.. is stable and just love it.. but i have just a problem.. i get the dialer and click in the hide dialer pad.. and them i try to scroll down my contacts and i get this..

i was wondering if you knew how to fix this problem it just came up like 4 days ago i did a hard reset before i took this image..

So let me know if you know what can be causing the problem..

Programs installed.

fingerkeyboard v2.1

google maps

powersms

file explorer extension

wmwifirouter

can one of these cause the problem...

thanks again...

That is a known issue that was fixed but then the fix broke the ability to add contacts on your device. So I chose to leave this bug as it is the lesser of two evils. Hopefully another fix will be found.

Guest bike1dad2
A glimpse in to the new version. Notice that there is no scroll bar in the dialer but there is one in the appearance screen. :)

Theme by Jeffrey2000.

Dialer by TikiDrygn (though I changed things a bit)

Start flower by M.Carrol

BW, what's the skinny on your formula 409? soon, like to give it a go!!

Guest blazingwolf
BW, what's the skinny on your formula 409? soon, like to give it a go!!

Having a couple of issue that are causing me to hold back. I hope to get them fixed soon.

Guest stuffman64

I've been using the 23037 build, and it's really nice. I like the start thinger on the bottom, and everything's really slick. My issue is that the new "X" on the bottom of the screen only minimizes programs and doesn't close them (the old "X" on the top-right corner used to close *most* programs). Is there any way to change the behavior so I don't have to close it through task manager?

Guest blazingwolf
I've been using the 23037 build, and it's really nice. I like the start thinger on the bottom, and everything's really slick. My issue is that the new "X" on the bottom of the screen only minimizes programs and doesn't close them (the old "X" on the top-right corner used to close *most* programs). Is there any way to change the behavior so I don't have to close it through task manager?

Not really. There is a task manager called Showcase that can still close programs but it will still use the top menu instead of the x at the bottom. Once MS makes this version official then third party apps will start changing the way they do things.

Guest Wildman3064132
No, I haven't thought about making a base. It is harder to make a base and I won't use it anyway. Hartv427 makes a nice base ROM. :)

FTouchSL does not allow you to register it? I have the same version in the ROM.

That looks really nice by the way.

I figured that it might take some work but I figured I would ask and I agree that Hartv427 does have some nice and simple base roms so Ill probably will remain with his for now but I still like your Dark rom, nice work.

Maybe that may be my issue with FTouchSL, it sounds like I may be tring the update the same build, I was under impression that you was using build 2.5, I might have to reload rom and see if this is the case and see if I can activate it..

Also glad you like the look... Thank You

Guest Wildman3064132
Wildman3064132 came up with a nice looking setup and I'm sure he can give you an idea of what besides Hartv427's ROM he is using. I would assume some wallpaper that he found and then what ever he installs (looks like the Neo Theme with CMultiClock).

I do have a ROM beta that looks similar to this that is posted. I'll repost the link for it in the third post since 23041 fell flat.

That is correct I used

1. Hartv427 build 23034 stock rom

But you can add these to Blazingwolfs ROMs as well.

2. greatball Shadow Transparent)Neo Theme

3. CMultiClock

4. Buttons images from a unknown rom(Cant Remember) but without these images you still will have stock buttons

5. The dialer is a 3rd party app from handango (http://www.handango.com/catalog/ProductDetails.jsp?storeId=2218&deviceId=2077&platformId=30&productId=237221&sectionId=0) with a modified black theme I put together but their site has extra themes

6. Wallpaper came from a collection I found from a unknown site a while back.

I you do a google search for option #2 greatball Shadow Transparent)Neo Theme you should find #3 CMultiClock

Hope this helps with any questions....

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest reaver76

Has anyone had issues with getting a GPS lock with the 23037 Beta. I use IGO8 andI get a lock, but I cannot even find satellites with Google Maps or GPS Weather. I re-booted thinking that IGO wasn't letting the GPS driver go but that doesn't help. Any Ideas? Possibly related to MS's Beta. Otherwise, any thing that comes out of the BW kitchen is great.

BW... I'm looking forward to the next flavor.

Guest Saluki HHI
Hmm, can't say that I have looked. I'll see if I can find something.

Thanks BW not sure why the old one wont work i have installed on my device and on my storage with no luck, I have a 3 yo and 3 month old so My Video Editor worked great for E-mails and MMS

Guest blazingwolf

Here is how I have changed the WM Dialer. I'm not much at graphics so it takes me longer to do this kind of stuff.

Screen01-11.pngScreen02-7.png

I'm still working on another dialer. Just have to do some more research. Hopefully it will not be much longer.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Has anyone had issues with getting a GPS lock with the 23037 Beta. I use IGO8 andI get a lock, but I cannot even find satellites with Google Maps or GPS Weather. I re-booted thinking that IGO wasn't letting the GPS driver go but that doesn't help. Any Ideas? Possibly related to MS's Beta. Otherwise, any thing that comes out of the BW kitchen is great.

BW... I'm looking forward to the next flavor.

I never had issues with 23037 and GPS. It worked fine for me.

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks BW not sure why the old one wont work i have installed on my device and on my storage with no luck, I have a 3 yo and 3 month old so My Video Editor worked great for E-mails and MMS

Try the one found in Adrynalyne's repo. I just tried it on my device and it seems to be working. There are also other files that there that some might like. :)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75115

Guest blazingwolf

I have been doing some research today and found some interesting info about HTC Task Manager and auto closing programs. HTC Task Manager has an auto kill feature that is set at a threshold of 9MB right now. The easiest thing would be to turn of the Autokill feature as this will stop the feature. You can also change the threshold. To do this you will need to do a reg edit to the following key:

hkcu/software/htc/taskmanager/MemoryThreshold

Set it to something else.

I would suggest that you just disable the Autokill feature. :)

Let me know if this helps with some of the issues that have been occurring with programs shutting down.

Guest blazingwolf
SO how far out is this elusive "new rom". It's almost like waiting on a movie or game release !

Maybe tomorrow if I don't run in to any more major issues. I can't test ROMs until I get home from work so I can't see if the fixes I have worked on cook in correctly. I will probably release with just the WM dialer until I get the other dialer issues worked out.

Guest BrianPick
Maybe tomorrow if I don't run in to any more major issues. I can't test ROMs until I get home from work so I can't see if the fixes I have worked on cook in correctly. I will probably release with just the WM dialer until I get the other dialer issues worked out.

Is it due to the scroll bar or to theme that you are not using the Omnia dialer ? I personally thought removing the scroll bar altogether was a good solution.

Guest blazingwolf
Is it due to the scroll bar or to theme that you are not using the Omnia dialer ? I personally thought removing the scroll bar altogether was a good solution.

I'm having major landscape dialer issues with this build. I'm not sure what the problem is but I have yet to find a fix for it. So, until I get it fixed I can't release it like it is. Here's an image of what I mean.

post-142761-1252296930_thumb.png

Guest BrianPick
I'm having major landscape dialer issues with this build. I'm not sure what the problem is but I have yet to find a fix for it. So, until I get it fixed I can't release it like it is. Here's an image of what I mean.

Eek ! I see what you mean. The WM dialer will get us through. It is troublesome without the lock (unless there is one I am missing). I am alaways hitting keys. Does the standard Omnia (unskined) dialer do a same thing ? I still be checking back first thing in the A.M. to see if goodies await.

Guest blazingwolf
Eek ! I see what you mean. The WM dialer will get us through. It is troublesome without the lock (unless there is one I am missing). I am alaways hitting keys. Does the standard Omnia (unskined) dialer do a same thing ? I still be checking back first thing in the A.M. to see if goodies await.

Actually that image is the i910 dialer. I tried the i900 and it did the same thing.

Don't look first thing in the morning because it won't be there. I have some testing to do plus I have to take my son to football practice once I get home so testing won't start until around noon.

Question: I noticed you using bga7x ROM. Does his new version do the same thing in the dialer?

hey BW how you doing. i just have a question..

regarding your new rom. i see that it has the start menu on the bottom and that it also has like a 3d circle around it. and i was wondering if there is any way to get it without it like your other rom the one that has clear task bars.

I mean like this one.

post-142761-1247937877_thumb.png

I mean is it possible to get your new rom with the same theme as the pic above???

Edited by -Mago-

I'm having severe problems.. I cant get the keyboard up. It won't even let me hard reset. There's a block of pixels that will not go away near the bottom of my screen. It happened when i was texting, and accidently selected two text modes at once i think? The screen froze and there was nothing I could do. Not even the force cut off with power button did anything. I took the battery out and rebooted it. There was still a chunk of pixels there. Even after several reboots, it stays. If i go to text someone or anywhere that requires atext menu, nothing will happen.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/Da...45/Screen02.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/Da...45/Screen04.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/Da...45/Screen05.png

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/Da.../Screen02-1.png

EDIT:

And here's vertical:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r272/Da.../Screen02-2.png

Edited by ¬_¬

Guest bike1dad2
I'm having severe problems.. I cant get the keyboard up. It won't even let me hard reset. There's a block of pixels that will not go away near the bottom of my screen. It happened when i was texting, and accidently selected two text modes at once i think? The screen froze and there was nothing I could do. Not even the force cut off with power button did anything. I took the battery out and rebooted it. There was still a chunk of pixels there. Even after several reboots, it stays. If i go to text someone or anywhere that requires atext menu, nothing will happen.

try reflashing. Stinks to loose any data, but better to sacrifice with saving the entire beast. If you can power down either by pulling battery or power button, do that then do your standard flash.

Guest blazingwolf
hey BW how you doing. i just have a question..

regarding your new rom. i see that it has the start menu on the bottom and that it also has like a 3d circle around it. and i was wondering if there is any way to get it without it like your other rom the one that has clear task bars.

I mean like this one.

I mean is it possible to get your new rom with the same theme as the pic above???

You can install the theme to the new version. I posted it not long ago. That's the nice thing about our device. It can look different at any time. :)

Guest blazingwolf

Wow, can't say that I have ever seen that one.

You can hard reset by pressing and holding the send and end key while doing a soft reset (continue to hold send and end keys until you see the format screen, you may need to hold the keys on the outside edge for it to work right). The messed up graphics should not prevent that.

Let me know if the hard reset fixes your issue.

Guest BrianPick
Actually that image is the i910 dialer. I tried the i900 and it did the same thing.

Don't look first thing in the morning because it won't be there. I have some testing to do plus I have to take my son to football practice once I get home so testing won't start until around noon.

Question: I noticed you using bga7x ROM. Does his new version do the same thing in the dialer?

Actually it does not, he does not have the Sammy dialer enabled by default but I have it turned on and no problem. It is using the same skin you were using in 1.4, the black sammy skin with the non-russian buttons. If you have a "prebuild" PM me and I will be glad to throw it on my phone and see if it persist, I can't see where different devices would make a diff but I work on a large netwrok everyday and nothing surprises me anymore. Maybe BGill has some clue ?