[6.5 ROM] blazingwolf Night v1.4

Guest blazingwolf

Guest downtown76

Any chance of getting MSD 3.5 to work? I loaded your 1.4 and installed shell 3.5 and the lifestyle and a few other views are completely blank. Also the shell's task launcher and customizer do not function. Thanks

Guest blazingwolf
Any chance of getting MSD 3.5 to work? I loaded your 1.4 and installed shell 3.5 and the lifestyle and a few other views are completely blank. Also the shell's task launcher and customizer do not function. Thanks

Have you soft reset? Others are using 3.5 on this ROM.

Sorry, I forgot. I'm looking for them now.

:(

BW, I now have 2 Omnia's in the house, any chance for this Voice Command fix? I 'do' have (purchased in the past) MS VC 1.6.

1. What version is on the phone?

2. Could this just be installed over the ROM?

:)

Guest blazingwolf
:(

BW, I now have 2 Omnia's in the house, any chance for this Voice Command fix? I 'do' have (purchased in the past) MS VC 1.6.

1. What version is on the phone?

2. Could this just be installed over the ROM?

:)

I haven't found them again so I think I deleted it when I had PC trouble. ;)

I will keep looking though.

1. 1.6.23060

2. Should be no problem.

Guest blazingwolf
looks pretty good.!! nice and clean.. it has a very organized feel. Text on the calendar might be too small for some..

Yeah, that is one thing I would like to fix. Just haven't been able to yet.

BW....I have been running this ROM v1.4 since you released it, I like using SPB and noticed they released a new version. I was wondering what kind of problems I may be causing by loading the new SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 over this ROM...

Guest blazingwolf
BW....I have been running this ROM v1.4 since you released it, I like using SPB and noticed they released a new version. I was wondering what kind of problems I may be causing by loading the new SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 over this ROM...

You shouldn't have any issues.

Guest sojrner
Any thoughts?

I'm actually curious after thinking about this for a bit... which rom are you actually running on a regular basis BW? BnB or night... or another one?

I only ask b/c you have similar ms screens both here and on the BnB thread which implies that you are using both... I think... so I got to wondering. Does he switch around just to keep things interesting or stick with his latest and greatest?

Of course, does not change anything I'm doing... I've been on your BnB for a while now and after getting used to the quirks of "7" I'm happy with it. Just one of those curiosity things that eats at a guy until you just cant stand it... so... inquiring minds want to know.

lol

Guest blazingwolf
Wow that looks real nice BW! i'd like to see that in a ROM

I'm trying to get it finished but I have run in to a couple of issues. Main one is my kids being sick with the flu. 2nd is a few issues with the ROM. I'll get there eventually.

Guest blazingwolf
I'm actually curious after thinking about this for a bit... which rom are you actually running on a regular basis BW? BnB or night... or another one?

I only ask b/c you have similar ms screens both here and on the BnB thread which implies that you are using both... I think... so I got to wondering. Does he switch around just to keep things interesting or stick with his latest and greatest?

Of course, does not change anything I'm doing... I've been on your BnB for a while now and after getting used to the quirks of "7" I'm happy with it. Just one of those curiosity things that eats at a guy until you just cant stand it... so... inquiring minds want to know.

lol

I prefer 6.5.1. Much more finger friendly and just looks nicer to me.

That said if I get a new device soon then I have to be prepared to use the older version as the new devices can't get 6.5.1 yet. Plus, I know a lot of people prefer the older build look with MS3.5. :D

That said if I get a new device soon then I have to be prepared to use the older version as the new devices can't get 6.5.1 yet. Plus, I know a lot of people prefer the older build look with MS3.5. :D

I've been using your 6.5.1 for a while and probably will stick with it, although it seems to me that Opera and Windows Media Player are not as fast nor as stable as they were with your 1.4 version. I reinstalled Touch Player, and it has been much more stable than WMP on 6.5.1, although of course it has other limitations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest irishlaxer

That said if I get a new device soon then I have to be prepared to use the older version as the new devices can't get 6.5.1 yet. Plus, I know a lot of people prefer the older build look with MS3.5. :)

Can you use MS3.5 with your 6.5.1 beta build? Are they compatible?

Thanks again for your ROM's.

The 3d SMS/email and carousel does not work on the Omnia. The only difference then, is a more detailed weather program and some new widgets.

I think the Omnia is a mysterious device when it comes to battery life. I was running BW's MS 1.2 and getting fair battery life (no worse than anything else), but when I went to 1.4 it seemed to get worse so I went back to 1.2. Later I decided to go back to 1.4 and this time battery life seemed better. I found that I had not turned on GPS so I thought that that was the cause of the drain, but I turned GPS on and things didn't get worse. So, who knows?

There were some theories that charging it completely and then resetting the device (hard or soft) and letting it recharge again helps. I have tried the soft reset method - leaving it charging when resetting - and that seems to help marginally. Even after the reset it takes about 15 minutes to get to full charge indication again.

Sometimes background data connections can last longer than expected and that can drain the battery.

I recently updated to the newest version of SPB mobile shell and stumbled on a a forum on their site where the users were complaining about battery drain! It could very well be due to mobile shell but I have not disabled it on my phone to see - I like it too much! It appears to affect a lot of different models.

Guest nmayer79
Yes. You can download and install from this forum. Just do a search and you should find it.

Hey BW not on your rom at the moment but was wondering where i could get a cab for easy settings. Been searching for it for a min and have found all kinds of useful cabs (thinking of experimenting with cooking roms) but not that one.

Guest soldierangel

blazingwolf,

Just wanted to give you a quick thanks for your hard work. You have put together some really great ROMs. Each time I load up the newest ROM, it's like I have a new phone to play with ^.^

And thanks to all the programmers that made the applications that you have put into your ROMs.

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing with us. :D

Edited by soldierangel

Guest calebgoesbig

Blazingwolf / Others -

I used this ROM for my first cooked ROM flash! Works great! Love the way hitting the windows button up top goes to a list of programs..

Anyways, believe it or not, the smart converter was a tool I actually used and loved, and I had gotten the black version going before I decided to switch to this cooked rom. I tried installing the exe file into my storage card, and putting a shortcut in the windows programs folder, but when I go to open it, it just doesn't really open. The title bar on the top changes to read "Smart Converter", but the program just hangs. I then tried installing it to the windows root folder, still same problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to change all the lines on the today screen from blue to white?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, as that is exactly what I am.

I really appreciate anyone's help!