WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest arizonaomnia
@everyone

I'll be uploading 23047 later today many GUI improvements with this builld

post-471951-1252768129_thumb.pngpost-471951-1252768291_thumb.pngpost-471951-1252768305_thumb.png

Harty - I'm confused. You're uploading 23047? Isn't that a downgrade from your latest, 23409?

Guest hartv427
Harty - I'm confused. You're uploading 23047? Isn't that a downgrade from your latest, 23409?

Yes Im uploading 23047 it is newer the latest from Com3 23409 was from Com4 an is a litle older good question though

Edited by hartv427

Guest bearhntr
Hart,

I have already tried that. I mapped it to the UTILITY HOLD key mapping (see picture). If I press and hold that key - it does not work - even after several POWER CYCLES and SOFT-RESETS. The GOOGLE MAPS works perfect with a single press of that key.

Anything else to try?

Hart,

Did you miss this message? Any ideas why the VOICE COMMAND will not work?

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest smwoodward
If you have gone back to the Original CF03 6.1 firmware and still have the same issue your device most likely is the problem. :)

I have been flashing my device on average 15 times a day sence I started cooking shortly after cc20 came out and have not had your problem. I would leave the Original CF03 6.1 firmware on your device and return it to Verizon for a new one

i do believe that it is the handset, but here's something else that is weird. I bought a new omnia (had a new every 2 upgrade), and took this one off, but playing around with it, it still had your latest rom (not the one you are just uploading), i turned the phone off, held down the send and end key, turned it on, never gave me the option to restore the phone, but when it booted...... it worked!!!!!!!!!!!! which makes me think it is a software issue and not something with the hardware.

this problem cropped up a few days ago while running the build before 23409, not flashing, just using, and don't know what happened. came home, reflashed it, since i couldn't do a software hard reset and didn't remember the button combinations, to restore the phone, then it just went nuts.

I am refashing the old omnia to 6.1 OEM cf03 to see how it works now.

UPDATE:

reflashed to 6.1 cf03 and it is working just fine... who knows. one question to everyone. does anyone know what causes the align screen to repeat over and over and over and over and over lol. now new omnia doesn't do this, it goes through it once and that is it. the old one will repeat many times no matter if it is 6.1 or 6.5.

Edited by smwoodward

Guest Drewkkake
UPDATE:

reflashed to 6.1 cf03 and it is working just fine... who knows. one question to everyone. does anyone know what causes the align screen to repeat over and over and over and over and over lol. now new omnia doesn't do this, it goes through it once and that is it. the old one will repeat many times no matter if it is 6.1 or 6.5.

This happens every single time I flash, and it took quite a bit of searching to figure out something that worked for me. As far as I can tell, the Omnia, especially earlier units, has a quality control issue with the touch screen that ultimately requires replacement if you have an affected unit. I've managed to get my phone to a usable state, but it is almost like the very edge of right side of the touchscreen (when vertical, the top side when horizontal) isn't even there. Yes, it sucks - no use of scrollbars in vertical orientation and no pressing of anything on the top toolbar in horizontal. One of these days, I'll reflash to CF03 and have Verizon replace it. ANYWAY, here's what I do:

As soon as that align screen comes up, I run MSP_RemoteAlignment (can be found here). This is an .exe that runs on your PC while your phone is connected via USB and couldn't be any easier; when the align screen shows up on your phone, you press "skip align screen" on RemoteAlignment on your PC. That gets me into the phone, but the screen is miserably miscalibrated - I have to guess where to tap.

Yours may not be as bad, depending upon how damaged your touchscreen is, but I have to use a remote controlling program like MyMobiler to navigate anywhere. I immediately go into the registry with an editor (I use PHM), and have two options... I can either:

- go to HKLM/Hardware/TOUCH and change MaxCalError from 7 to 20; THEN try to re-align with the stylus. This usually does the trick for me.

- go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH/; click on CalibrationData; change the Value Data to 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872. I'm not positive if those are what the data should be or if it is the data from some random person. This is sometimes effective for me, but I prefer the first option.

I really want to flash to Hart's newest, but THAT is what I have to go through if I do, so you can imagine my reluctance. Anyway, I hope this helps!

Guest eufouria
Yes Im uploading 23047 it is newer the latest from Com3 23409 was from Com4 an is a litle older good question though

So it is a downgrade? Sorry, comma's would have made that sentence a bit more decipherable. 

The main problem I have been having with 6.5.1 ROM's is the screens response rate, I have to type at a much slower speed for the screen to register each tap and it is also noticable in Opera where the double-tap to zoom gesture requires a tap-pause-tap as opposed to a quick double-tap on earlier ROM's, has this been addressed? Or am I the only one that had this problem? 

FInally! 4shared.com is back up at 9:50am sunday (EDT). Does anyone know what happened? At first, it looked like it was redirected to www.abcjarrids.com (sp?) and, then, earlier this morning, it was giving a java.net error.

Guest smwoodward
So it is a downgrade? Sorry, comma's would have made that sentence a bit more decipherable.

The main problem I have been having with 6.5.1 ROM's is the screens response rate, I have to type at a much slower speed for the screen to register each tap and it is also noticable in Opera where the double-tap to zoom gesture requires a tap-pause-tap as opposed to a quick double-tap on earlier ROM's, has this been addressed? Or am I the only one that had this problem?

if you install touch response and ftouchsl these problems have gone away for me and it works wonderfully.

Guest blazingwolf

No, it is not a down grade. It is a different branch of 6.5.1. 23047 is Com3 while 23409 is Com4. Com3 has a slightly older base than Com4 but you will not notice the difference.

23047 fixes issues that have been prsent over the last few builds including the double tap that you mention here.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest eufouria
No, it is not a down grade. It is a different branch of 6.5.1. 23047 is Com3 while 23409 is Com4. Com3 has a slightly older base than Com4 but you will not notice the difference.

23047 fixes issues that have been prsent over the last few builds including the double tap that you mention here.

Terrific, thanks Blazingwolf I have great respect for the effort you put into the community. 

Guest hartv427

@everyone sorry I'm a little short on time today but here is my latest release

Hartv427_23047

23047 XIP & SYS

12 MB PagePool

Keypad speed has improved

Trying the i900 Keyboard It will always display correctlly

If you want the i910 keyboard back I have one in Hartv427_CABS

Finally fixed the clasic blue theme

The default theme is Windows Blue

Double tap is back in IE

http://www.4shared.com/file/132330292/27f2...v427_23047.html

Screenshots of 23047 on bottom of first post

Edited by hartv427

Guest Silic0nJ3sus

Just updated from the old V8 rom to your latest. More great stuff. I can definitely see an improvement in menu scroll speed and responsiveness. The keyboard has certainly improved. Also, I'm happy to see that the zoom controls in IE no longer overlap the menu button in landscape mode.

The only issue I ran into was that after flashing, the phone would no longer be detected by my PC and connect to activesync. I was able to fix it by downloading the activesync installer again and "repairing" the install. After rebooting it began working again.

Guest smwoodward
@everyone sorry I'm a little short on time today but here is my latest release

Hartv427_23047

23047 XIP & SYS

12 MB PagePool

Keypad speed has improved

Trying the i900 Keyboard It will always display correctlly

If you want the i910 keyboard back I have one in Hartv427_CABS

Finally fixed the clasic blue theme

The default theme is Windows Blue

Double tap is back in IE

http://www.4shared.com/file/132330292/27f2...v427_23047.html

Screenshots of 23047 on bottom of first post

here is something to check out. i use a calendar program called SBSH Touch Calendar http://www.sbsh.net/products/windows_mobil.../calendar_touch and when using this calendar program, when you create a appointment and set the recurring to every day of the week (every sunday) that event will disappear from the calendar all together. you will still see it on the home screen, and on the lock screen, but you can't go into SBSH touch calendar to edit it or even find it. if you open the original calendar, you will see it and it will work. since i have fixed my other omnia, i have put the 6.1 back on it, and it will work properly on 6.1. i don't know if this is a bug with this program and 6.5 or what.

can you look into it?

here is something to check out. i use a calendar program called SBSH Touch Calendar http://www.sbsh.net/products/windows_mobil.../calendar_touch and when using this calendar program, when you create a appointment and set the recurring to every day of the week (every sunday) that event will disappear from the calendar all together. you will still see it on the home screen, and on the lock screen, but you can't go into SBSH touch calendar to edit it or even find it. if you open the original calendar, you will see it and it will work. since i have fixed my other omnia, i have put the 6.1 back on it, and it will work properly on 6.1. i don't know if this is a bug with this program and 6.5 or what.

can you look into it?

you should probably be asking the devs of the SBSH calendar program, they probably need to update their program to be compatible with 6.5

Guest smwoodward
you should probably be asking the devs of the SBSH calendar program, they probably need to update their program to be compatible with 6.5

i just didn't know if there might have been something changed in 6.5 that would cause this, or if it is something that was taken out of the cooked rom.

edit:

I just found out, there is something that was changed in way 6.5 handles the database, and most PIM software is having this problem.

Edited by smwoodward

Guest blazingwolf
i just didn't know if there might have been something changed in 6.5 that would cause this, or if it is something that was taken out of the cooked rom.

That is a known issue with SBSH Calendar Touch. They will fix it one day.

still on 23409

internet explorer craps out after a few minutes now. tried a soft reset, its consistant, after a few pages it just freezes up and i have to end it with the task manager.

currenlty my solution is just not to use it, but it was convinient cause it had the shortcuts on the home screen

Guest brandogg

I installed the latest ROM, and it just stays at the orange 23047 screen. I can use the volume keys and the dialer, but the start menu never appears, nor does the today screen. I've tried maybe 3 soft resets so far.