WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
I installed the latest ROM, and it just stays at the orange 23047 screen. I can use the volume keys and the dialer, but the start menu never appears, nor does the today screen. I've tried maybe 3 soft resets so far.

Ok no problem just press the upper left hand corner of the touch screen. I have more detaled instruchions on the frist post

Guest brandogg

I did a hard reset and it works now. I don't know if maybe the problem was I did a soft reset before pressing that corner area, because I would only get a black screen with the battery info/date/wireless etc at the top of the screen before. Sweet ROM, btw. I really like the startup/shutdown animations, too. Thanks.

Guest semmtexx

Hey Hartv: this rom is the shizzle so far!!!! Hey one thing I notice that is something I've never seem in a rom before is when you go to home settings and you change themes, and then press ok, you can actually see the wallpaper switch underneath the start menu. before, the previous wallpaper would show for a good while when you open the start menu until you do a softreset. Maybe this is an indicator of good speed with this version. Thanks for your work and dedication!

Guest mcgratey

Hey Hartv, it seems the link for your latest build is broken, I can't seem to download it. on the 4shared site after waiting the the 40 seconds to download, it goes to another screen and says server not found. Do you have links to it elsewhere? Thanks for all your hard work.

Guest shaninNH
@everyone sorry I'm a little short on time today but here is my latest release

Hartv427_23047

23047 XIP & SYS

12 MB PagePool

Keypad speed has improved

Trying the i900 Keyboard It will always display correctlly

If you want the i910 keyboard back I have one in Hartv427_CABS

Finally fixed the clasic blue theme

The default theme is Windows Blue

Double tap is back in IE

http://www.4shared.com/file/132330292/27f2...v427_23047.html

Screenshots of 23047 on bottom of first post

Once again, Hartv427 builds another #1 ROM. Best 23047 version available in my opinion. One issue though, and it appears to be associated with the keyboard switch. The keyboard doesn't work with Google Maps. I know this is an issue with other ROM out there, but Hart's always worked for me...until now. I'll try the i910 keyboard cab and see if it works.

GREAT ROM!

Guest mcgratey
Hey Hartv, it seems the link for your latest build is broken, I can't seem to download it. on the 4shared site after waiting the the 40 seconds to download, it goes to another screen and says server not found. Do you have links to it elsewhere? Thanks for all your hard work.

Nevermind, sorry. Something wrong with our isp accessing the site now. I tried it on another connection and it's working. My bad.

I just flashed the latest ROM and have noticed a problem with the default keyboard. Go to Settings/Personal/Input/Input Method/Options and click on XT9 Settings. The settings menu options come up but the previous screen is overlayed on it! Same for Dictionaries. I'm going to install the default i910 keyboard from Hart's CAB files and see if this goes away. With difficulty, you can see the underlying options but it isn't correct.

Guest blazingwolf
I just flashed the latest ROM and have noticed a problem with the default keyboard. Go to Settings/Personal/Input/Input Method/Options and click on XT9 Settings. The settings menu options come up but the previous screen is overlayed on it! Same for Dictionaries. I'm going to install the default i910 keyboard from Hart's CAB files and see if this goes away. With difficulty, you can see the underlying options but it isn't correct.

Rotate to landscape and back. Known issue that does not have a fix yet.

Guest Silic0nJ3sus
Once again, Hartv427 builds another #1 ROM. Best 23047 version available in my opinion. One issue though, and it appears to be associated with the keyboard switch. The keyboard doesn't work with Google Maps. I know this is an issue with other ROM out there, but Hart's always worked for me...until now. I'll try the i910 keyboard cab and see if it works.

GREAT ROM!

I've installed the latest build here and installed Google Maps. I haven't changed any keyboard settings or anything and my keyboard works fine within Google Maps.

Guest M Moogle

Anyone else having wierd scrolling issues? For example, if I go to my Inbox and then hit menu, when I try to scroll through the menu options it "clicky-scrolls" the Inbox in the background instead. I noticed that people were having issues a few pages back with this on an older ROM, the solution then was to install some software. Is that still the case?

Anyone else having wierd scrolling issues? For example, if I go to my Inbox and then hit menu, when I try to scroll through the menu options it "clicky-scrolls" the Inbox in the background instead. I noticed that people were having issues a few pages back with this on an older ROM, the solution then was to install some software. Is that still the case?

Anytime I've had that issue, I've installed FTouchSL (just installed it but not activated it). It corrects the problem you describe.

Hey!

I just wanted to say great rom!!! I like this concept of a bare-bones rom...it works well.

The bad thing is, I have to search for, and install all the tools and apps I want...but hey isn't that the point?

Great Going!!! I look forward to the updates.

Guest Silic0nJ3sus
I prefer the XT9 Keypad and each time I select it, I get the Keyboard instead. Does this build not include the Keypad?

Thanks!

Scott

When you open the keypad, there should be a key that says "ABC". If you push this key it should change to XT9 and the keyboard will now be in XT9 mode. If you are looking for phone pad style input, push and hold the keyboard button on the bottom of the screen for approx 2 seconds and release it, a menu to select the various input methods will appear and you can select from them.

Hope that helps.

When you open the keypad, there should be a key that says "ABC". If you push this key it should change to XT9 and the keyboard will now be in XT9 mode. If you are looking for phone pad style input, push and hold the keyboard button on the bottom of the screen for approx 2 seconds and release it, a menu to select the various input methods will appear and you can select from them.

Hope that helps.

It does, thanks! I figured it was something simple!

Guest rickhamilton620

I love this ROM, it's clean and very nice! Now that the aforementioned touch screen issues are gone, this is even better! One question though, How do I get the newer keyboard, the one from Samsung that "pop's up" the letters when you type. I got that one when I flashed the Verizon upgrade and loved it, made typing easier. :)

Thanks again! :)

Edited by rickhamilton620

Guest Silic0nJ3sus
I love this ROM, it's clean and very nice! Now that the aforementioned touch screen issues are gone, this is even better! One question though, How do I get the newer keyboard, the one from Samsung that "pop's up" the letters when you type. I got that one when I flashed the Verizon upgrade and loved it, made typing easier. :)

Thanks again! :)

In the first post you will find a link to Hartv427's removed cab files. The i910 Keyboard cab is in there, although I can't guarantee that it's the updated one. You can still try it though.

Guest rickhamilton620
In the first post you will find a link to Hartv427's removed cab files. The i910 Keyboard cab is in there, although I can't guarantee that it's the updated one. You can still try it though.

Ah durrr, forgot about the first post, I came back to the thread to compliment and suddenly that keyboard question popped in my head! :) :)

Thanks! :)

Guest jarvey72

Rom works great. But when I go into the connection settings the wifi is not there. I go into the Wireless Manager and it just shows the bluetooth and the phone.

Nevermind, I guess I can not read. Sorry.

Edited by jarvey72

Guest M Moogle
The only problem I'm having that I didn't find addressed in this thread is related to Bluetooth FTP. I can enable Bluetooth and I can see my phone with my computers and vice versa. My bluetooth headphones work also. However when I try to send a file from my computer to the phone via bluetooth it tells me it can create the FTP connection. This is something I've done a hundred times prior to flashing to your ROM yesterday. I'm wondering if this is a change in 6.5 or just something that may have been deleted???

I'm also having this problem. I can to handsfree audio fine, but I can't Bluetooth FTP any files to/from the phone. I swear I remember once reading that removing the IR drivers will break Bluetooth stuff (of course now I can't find the link) - could this be the issue?

Edit: Nevermind - after pairing and unpairing a million times it started working.

Edited by M Moogle

Guest GriffinSOAR

I have used every other rom out their it seems like. All good in there own rights. This one is the TOPDOG great rom. Very well put together. and seems easy to use. I am very excited about this rom. Thank you so much for your time and work on this, and to all that helped you as well. You cooks, and this web site are GREAT! Thanks again so much .

Griffin