WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest cmalone

I never hear an answer about how some roms have kinetic scrolling and others don't. (Airreak has it also, which i am currently using)

If i look at the reg entry, it shows FTouchSLDLL.dll as the Drivername and touch.dll as the prevdrivername.

although i believe i have seen kinetic scrolling without FTouch.

Anyone shed a light on this so we can have it in all roms, as this is a dealbreaker for me and others.

thanks

Guest semmtexx
I never hear an answer about how some roms have kinetic scrolling and others don't. (Airreak has it also, which i am currently using)

If i look at the reg entry, it shows FTouchSLDLL.dll as the Drivername and touch.dll as the prevdrivername.

although i believe i have seen kinetic scrolling without FTouch.

Anyone shed a light on this so we can have it in all roms, as this is a dealbreaker for me and others.

thanks

+1 I have asked this exact question on several other peoples ROM topics. It seems on this site as far as I can tell, Bgill's and Evidences have the kinetic scroll but others dont. Only ones I have not tried yet is BW's.

Guest blazingwolf
+1 I have asked this exact question on several other peoples ROM topics. It seems on this site as far as I can tell, Bgill's and Evidences have the kinetic scroll but others dont. Only ones I have not tried yet is BW's.

Mine does but uses FTouchSL to achieve it. As does bgills ROMs.

Guest Mikeeeeee
This is an issue for me too. I have tried several different rom from lyorite to necosino to wozzers new stuff and theey all have the "click click" scroll in them. The ONLY one who has the good "kinetic" scrolling is Bgill's. There is no click click and it is very smooth. The only thing is that I want a rom with less stuff and more free space like the guys that I have mentioned above. What is Bgill putting in his rom to make the click scrolling in apps like file explorer for example go away? It's driving me nuts. I know Necosino is trying to figure this out right now.

You said it right man. I'm still using Hart's even though it still has click click scrolling. Everything anyone has said I've tried with no luck.

Guest blazingwolf
I added FtouchSL and tried messing with all settings. Nothing works for me.

You don't need to change any settings. Just the install does the trick.

Guest jhickey

Is there a way to enable the vibration for the Samsung Keyboard? I've tried installing touch response and setting it just for the keyboard, but the lag makes it unbearable.

Guest dmcnado
Is there a way to enable the vibration for the Samsung Keyboard? I've tried installing touch response and setting it just for the keyboard, but the lag makes it unbearable.

Try this: go to Start Menu/Settings/Personal/Vibration

If the box "Disable vibration for touch screen is checked, uncheck it.

Use slider to select how much vibration you have.

Click "OK"

Guest ilikenwf

I love this!

I'm new to the whole flashing thing with this phone (got it yesterday), and I really like your work.

First off, where can a guy find more widgets or whatever those thigns are called on the today/main screen? I'd kinda like to switch the bottom one which is favorites to point to Opera, but that's not an option if I configure it.

Also, I can't seem to get flash working in opera or IE after flashing this rom...any ideas why/ how to fix?

Furthermore, I'm missing voice dial..it's nice...any chance of making the appropriate button bring it up again, instead of the samsung/vz task manager?

Any chance of turning off the clock in the upper right corner, as it's a bit redundant? Furthermore, could you use the black versions of the dialer, keyboard (there's one optimized to be smaller) and samsung apps, by chance? The samsung apps you left in the phone I don't see a lot of use for, outside of TV Out...but that's just me.

I was going to cook my own 6.5 image, but the files for the kitchen are down (the ones mentioned at http://www.samsung-omnia.org/adrynalyne%27...kitchens-ready/ )...

What would be really sweet is a matching TCPMP skin that would also move the controls to the top of the screen so they don't mash up with the taskbar.

I futher would like to see truetype instead of cleartype...cleartype sucks on LCD screens. Some of the icons are a little stretched, but that's to be expected.

Also, a skin along these lines would be really neat: image_thumb_5.png

Edited by ilikenwf

Guest jhickey
Try this: go to Start Menu/Settings/Personal/Vibration

If the box "Disable vibration for touch screen is checked, uncheck it.

Use slider to select how much vibration you have.

Click "OK"

Wow, I'm dumb. Thanks so much!

Guest ilikenwf
Going to do a version of this from build 23081 any time soon?

If so, why not include this? It allows certain apps to run...

And while you're at it could you use the black version of this theme instead?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=524979 ... there's a modded titanium weather and favorite contacts cab there too that they require.

I can't get it to work with your current bin...it has some nice software. Like the HTC Comm manager (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/275236/htc-comm-manager-cab/) ...with a black skin and the black neo transparent it would really look nice.

To round it all out, why not use:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...lack-skin-cabs/ for the samsung things you keep?

Again, I'd do all of this, but I can't find a kitchen, let alone where/how to merge WM 6.5 with the CF03 rom...

Edited by ilikenwf

Guest blazingwolf
And while you're at it could you use the black version of this theme instead?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=524979 ... there's a modded titanium weather and favorite contacts cab there too that they require.

I can't get it to work with your current bin...it has some nice software. Like the HTC Comm manager (http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general-omnia-rom-discussion/275236/htc-comm-manager-cab/) ...with a black skin and the black neo transparent it would really look nice.

To round it all out, why not use:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...lack-skin-cabs/ for the samsung things you keep?

Again, I'd do all of this, but I can't find a kitchen, let alone where/how to merge WM 6.5 with the CF03 rom...

You don't need to find a kitchen to add that stuff. I created a Omnia version of the Neo Titanium theme and it is located in the main forum. The black files you linked to are all in cabs so just install them and you have what you want.

Guest hartv427
hey guys, any idea on why i can't see chome under start > tools?

Sorry I Forgot to put that in 23071 ... You will find it under tools in the next version

Guest apatel0
Sorry I Forgot to put that in 23071 ... You will find it under tools in the next version

Ohhhh, I thought something was wrong on my omnia. That's cool. Thanks hart. Also, I don't seem to be getting any sound notification when I get a text msg even though Settings > Sound & Notifications > Notifications > Messaging: New text message is set to an Alarm.

Guest hartv427
Ohhhh, I thought something was wrong on my omnia. That's cool. Thanks hart. Also, I don't seem to be getting any sound notification when I get a text msg even though Settings > Sound & Notifications > Notifications > Messaging: New text message is set to an Alarm.

Unless you are set to all sounds off I don't know ... I have never had that problem

Guest ilikenwf

Has anyone seen these? Wow, they're really nice! http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516848

What'd be the best way to use them?

Any chance I could find a way to make a cab so that the appropriate icons are replaced every time I install it after flashing?

OR....any chance of including these? They'd fit in well with almost any theme/skin, so ....

blazingwolf: I am using your titanium theme...only problem is that AT contacts don't look quite right, as the picture for my favorite contacts is displayed, but not large up in the middle of the screen, but as the icon in the lefthand side, and it's not the right shape on top of that, so it ruins the asthetic.

Edited by ilikenwf

Guest blazingwolf
blazingwolf: I am using your titanium theme...only problem is that AT contacts don't look quite right, as the picture for my favorite contacts is displayed, but not large up in the middle of the screen, but as the icon in the lefthand side, and it's not the right shape on top of that, so it ruins the asthetic.

I will need you to post a screen shot so I can see what is happening. Please do that in the Neo theme thread instead of here. :D