WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
1. Yes, VZ Nav will work.

2. You need a backup program like Spb Backup, Resco Backup or Sprite.

3. You need to use version 4.2 by Showaco. That one should work assuming you get the version that has been patched with the new address for downloading the weather.

P1. This is something hartv427 will have to fix.

P2. First lock after a flash can take awhile. Make sure you turn location to on, go outside in a nice clear area and wait with the program running 10 or 15 minutes and it should lock.

Thanks for helping out Blaseingwolf :) Work has had me very busy this week

Guest hartv427
First of all THIS ROM ROCKS ! ! !. And the main reason is because you kept a lot of the business features and made the interface easy for "thumb-browsing." I was about to give up on my Omnia because I hated Windows Mobile and those tiny Xs to close screens and the inconsistent interface -- let's admit: good apps selection but presented in a clumsy interface. And as you see, I could write a list of the things I hated.

Fortunately a buddy told me I could change it. So, to YOU, those who contributed and all others who gave pointers for installation in this post my THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Here are a couple of questions (Q), problems reported (P) and a note (N):

Q 1- Could I install VZNavigator or would it conflict with anything? I love this program. And I am eagerly awaiting your version of the Business Card reader.

Q 2- Once I got this install stabilized, is it possible to image the phone like you would take an image of a computer? If so where could I get the info? I have installed this rom twice. The second time the installation worked fine except for the problem reported below. It took we a full morning to re-flash and install the pieces I selected. If I had an image it would be 20 minutes to flash the whole phone and the minutes to sync.

Q 3 -I am trying to install Titanium Weather [Ported to QVGA by mnemonique] v3.1.2.cab and Showaco-Titanium-Weather-QVGA-by-Mnemonique-v3e-M2D-Icons.cab from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487090 and I cannot get the weather tab/ribbon to display with its proper icons. I ran the settings and they seem to have been set, as I see the last update timestamp. Any pointers?

P 1- I cannot create a new contact. If I press the left soft key "Contacts" on the Today panel, or the Contacts icon on the Start panel both correctly take me to the Contacts screen. But if I press "New" I get a subscreen "Select a Contact Type" with three options: Outlook Contacts, Email Group and Messaging Group. Whichever of these I choose the outcome is the same: I am back to the alphabetical contacts' list of all my contacts with the field "Enter a name" on the top. If I press "New" here, I am back to the "Select a Contact Type" screen and again, no new blank contact form comes up.

Under the "Menu" there is no Add option, so I cannot add new contact from here as I think I used to do.

I can copy an existing contact and Edit it to make whatever contact I want and save to the list. This is the only way I can add contacts. Any ideas how to fix the "New" soft key link to bring me to a blank Edit contact screen?

P 2- For some reason the GPS locator does not find the satelite. The locator in Google Maps and VZNavigator were showing my phone's location before flashing. Any settings or fixes?

N 1-This is more an FYI for the forum. Many postings demonize Vista. I have successfully installed your ROM and Face Book, Tiny Tweeter and Pandora apps. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1.

I have a solution for the "Create a new contact" issue it will work in my next version hopefully out later today

Guest hartv427
Okay I think I will go with you hart424, seems everyone seems to like the base rom and then adding cabs for what they want, which for me is the greatest. now if only I know where to get the cabs from so I can add you version 4 to i910. wish me luck. Oh before I flash yours, I already have a cooked rom. Do I need to revert back to cfo3 rom for verizon before flashing yours. Trying not to brick my phone you know.

You only need to flash the CF03 update once then you can flash any of the verizon Cooked Roms you would like :)

Blazeingwolf has posted some nice step by step directions

"Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device."

If you try one of my ROMS once the phone boots wait for the windows welcome screen give it about 15 seconds and click on start and your ready to go ;)

Guest rtimi28
You only need to flash the CF03 update once then you can flash any of the verizon Cooked Roms you would like :)

Blazeingwolf has posted some nice step by step directions

"Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device."

If you try one of my ROMS once the phone boots wait for the windows welcome screen give it about 15 seconds and click on start and your ready to go ;)

Hi I just flashed wm6.5.1 and noticed it doesn't have any wifi on there even on the commgr. is there a way to get that installed. So far it looks nice I will keep you up to date on anything else. Really great job sir ;)

Guest rtimi28
Hi I just flashed wm6.5.1 and noticed it doesn't have any wifi on there even on the commgr. is there a way to get that installed. So far it looks nice I will keep you up to date on anything else. Really great job sir :)

sorry about that it does I had to do a soft reset for it to happen.

Guest dynomite
Thank you

Glad you like it :)

Great rom!!! I just started flashing and am hooked. ;) This Rom is da bomb!!!

One thing I do not see is WIFI as an option any more. It was there in V4. Am I missing something? I chose the standard V5 Rom

Edited by dynomite

Guest hartv427
Great rom!!! I just started flashing and am hooked. :) This Rom is da bomb!!!

One thing I do not see is WIFI as an option any more. It was there in V4. Am I missing something? I chose the standard V5 Rom

I see what you are talking about I'll look into that

Guest hartv427
Great rom!!! I just started flashing and am hooked. :) This Rom is da bomb!!!

I have reflashed V5 several times with it being a light OEM sometimes the divice will boot to quickly on first boot I would recommend that you hard reset and or reflash to fix the WIFI issue. I will moniter this issue but it's working fine on my divice. ;)

Guest dynomite
I have reflashed V5 several times with it being a light OEM sometimes the divice will boot to quickly on first boot I would recommend that you hard reset and or reflash to fix the WIFI issue. I will moniter this issue but it's working fine on my divice. :)

I figured it out. WIFI was there until I restored my SPB backup. Created a new backup and it fixed the problem. Thank you

Guest hartv427
I figured it out. WIFI was there until I restored my SPB backup. Created a new backup and it fixed the problem. Thank you

I think it has more to do with adding a few programs and using up some memory. But i'm glad that things are working for you now

Guest bearhntr

WM 6.5.1 (Built 21925.5.0.60) BETA On bottom of this post :)

This Is my cleaned out version of the New CF03 Firmware update Upgraded to WM 6.5

Special thanks to :

Blaseingwolf

Adrynalyne

Da_G

I am not responsible if you Brick your phone Flash at own risk !!!

This ROM is for Verizon i910 users only

You will NEED to flash the new Official CF03 Firmware update before flashing in my cooked ROM.

The Objective here was to build a smooth running WM6.5 ROM for the new CF03 Firmware that you can add in what you like ;)

Removed:

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Disabled GPS Warning

Digital Frame

FM Radio

Non English Keyboards

Media Album

Mobile IM

Photo Slides

Opera

Podcasts

RSS Reader

Ringtones

Samsung Phonebook

Samsung Call Logs

Samsung Today

Shozu

Smart Converter

Smart Reader

Smart Memo

Themes

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

TV Out Viewer

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

VZAppzone

Wall Paper

Welcome Screen

Widgets

Zoomer

And more much ...

CAB's for some of the programs removed can be found here Hartv427Cabs

STANDARD ROM INCLUDES:

Advanced Config

GpsViewer

MediaAlbum

MortScript

Spb Screenshot

Bing

Pim Backup

Chome

BASE ROM INCLUDES:

.Net 3.5

Release Notes: Hartv427_V5

23017 XIP & SYS

12 mb Pagepool

Fixed add New Contact issue

Disabeled Samsung Dialer

Standard has about 2MB less of free memory

STANDARD ROM: Hartv427_V5-S http://www.4shared.com/file/123803591/eebb...tv427_V5-S.html

BASE ROM: Hartv427_V5-B http://www.4shared.com/file/123770667/d3c5...tv427_V5-B.html

Known Issues:

Let me know if you have any

Release Notes: Hartv427_V4

23016 XIP & SYS

12 mb Pagepool

Removed: BING, Transcriber, Samsung Volume Control, WM6.5 Rings & Sounds, WM Marketplace

Added: Advanced Configuration Tool

Hartv427_V4 http://www.4shared.com/file/121629056/6249...artv427_V4.html

WM 6.5.1 BETA

Looking to try something new try hartv427_6.5.1_V1

The build is 21925.5.0.60 from the MD1 branch dated July 13, 2009

Known Issues:

There could be some

Download hartv427_6.5.1_V1 http://www.4shared.com/file/121114360/a8ec...427_651_V1.html

More info here http://www.slashgear.com/windows-mobile-6-...o-demo-2049790/

Hart,

I am currently testing out this ROM [sTANDARD ROM: Hartv427_V5-S], and have tried to install Titanium Weather (cannot get it to update)...it displays - allows me to choose my CITY (Atlanta, GA), and updates - but all I get are RED X's. Any Ideas???

Also will this ROM run the CMultiClock that puts the big clock on the home screen with the other icons for MSG, VM, MAIL, CALLS, etc?

Much Thanks,

*BH*

Guest bearhntr

HartV,

OK. I found a download for CMultiClock and it installed fine to your ROM. It is working like a champ with one exception. The WEATHER function apparently need TitaniumWeather which I cannot get to install. It is giving me this error:

----------------------------

ATPluginInstaller (pop-up title)

default.plg does not exist

When I click on OK the install fails and it takes me out of the CAB installer.

Any Ideas?

*BH*

Guest mike6
HartV,

OK. I found a download for CMultiClock and it installed fine to your ROM. It is working like a champ with one exception. The WEATHER function apparently need TitaniumWeather which I cannot get to install. It is giving me this error:

ATPluginInstaller (pop-up title)

default.plg does not exist

When I click on OK the install fails and it takes me out of the CAB installer.

Any Ideas?

*BH*

I had the same problem and found the following to be the solution. Go to Showaco's XDA theme, (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3304751#post3304751) download his version 4.2 cab,(also, attached) follow his instructions and, then, you need to find the titaniumweather.mscr (attached - download and rename to TitaniumWeather.mscr) update file to replace Showaco's one. Then, soft-reset, re-activate Default Window in Today and you should be good to go. Remember, you have to change the Radar URL's to whatever ones you want.

Good luck!

TitaniumWeather.txt

Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v4.2.cab

Guest bearhntr
I had the same problem and found the following to be the solution. Go to Showaco's XDA theme, (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3304751#post3304751) download his version 4.2 cab,(also, attached) follow his instructions and, then, you need to find the titaniumweather.mscr (attached - download and rename to TitaniumWeather.mscr) update file to replace Showaco's one. Then, soft-reset, re-activate Default Window in Today and you should be good to go. Remember, you have to change the Radar URL's to whatever ones you want.

Good luck!

Mike6,

Will give that a try. Thanks for the post.

*BH*

Guest bearhntr

HartV,

OK - I know it is a BETA, but DAAAHM!!! The 6.5.1 (CE OS 5.2.21925 (Build 21925.5.0.60)) version of your ROM is KICK ASS! Very quick, and nice features. I have only found two things so far wrong.

1) I was playing with the various themes (the 6 that are in the ROM). While the VERA WANG RED one is neat, I like the default which shows when the ROM is first installed. (see attached HomeScreen.bmp)

- When I went back to the one which was selected when I first went into this area - the ORANGE TO BLUE picture is GONE!?!?! Where did it go? How do I get it back? I like that one sooooo much.

2) The rotating menu bar that replaced the TABS is so nice, but on the REGIONAL SETTINGS >> TIME screen the time formats box is covered up by a light blue box. Granted you can access it by pressing the middle button (the menu drops down), but you cannot see it. Also on the PHONE >> SOUNDS screen, the PLAY BUTTON and STOP BUTTON are huge and only showing half of them. (see attached PhoneSounds.bmp & RegionalSettings.bmp)

Other than those two so far - I have not found anything else. I am going to try the TITANIUM WEATHER. Wish there was a way to get the MSN Weather as a Titanium App.

*BH*

HomeScreen.bmp

PhoneSounds.bmp

RegionalSettings.bmp

Guest mike6
HartV,

OK - I know it is a BETA, but DAAAHM!!! The 6.5.1 (CE OS 5.2.21925 (Build 21925.5.0.60)) version of your ROM is KICK ASS! Very quick, and nice features. I have only found two things so far wrong.

1) I was playing with the various themes (the 6 that are in the ROM). While the VERA WANG RED one is neat, I like the default which shows when the ROM is first installed. (see attached HomeScreen.bmp)

- When I went back to the one which was selected when I first went into this area - the ORANGE TO BLUE picture is GONE!?!?! Where did it go? How do I get it back? I like that one sooooo much.

2) The rotating menu bar that replaced the TABS is so nice, but on the REGIONAL SETTINGS >> TIME screen the time formats box is covered up by a light blue box. Granted you can access it by pressing the middle button (the menu drops down), but you cannot see it. Also on the PHONE >> SOUNDS screen, the PLAY BUTTON and STOP BUTTON are huge and only showing half of them. (see attached PhoneSounds.bmp & RegionalSettings.bmp)

Other than those two so far - I have not found anything else. I am going to try the TITANIUM WEATHER. Wish there was a way to get the MSN Weather as a Titanium App.

*BH*

MSN weather is included as page 8 of Showaco's TitaniumWeather 4.2 cab. It's 2 tabs to the left of the Home weather tab (Radar is 1 tab to the left; going right shows current and future weather for selected zipcode.

Guest mike6

Hartv427 has included the MSN Money widget but I cannot get it to find the Dow Jones Industrial Average link to add to the other indices. I can add other US stock and mutual fund codes but the DJIA escapes me.

Any ideas?

Guest bearhntr
HartV,

*BH*

HartV,

Okay - FOLLOW UP.

The CHOMEEDITOR is not installed in the ROM, and I cannot get rid of the GETTING STARTED from the Home Screen (see my previous HomeScreen.bmp). I am currently looking for the CHomeEditor so that I can install it.

A little leary about installing the TitaniumWeather right now - as without the CHomeEditor - if I get it installed and it does not work - I will not be able to hide it. :-)

I did get the LISBIAN CUBIC ICONS installed, I so much like those icons over the ones which are standard with WinMo.

Going to give GOOGLEMAPS a whirl next, and look for any more bugs.

Thank You.

*BH*

Guest bearhntr
MSN weather is included as page 8 of Showaco's TitaniumWeather 4.2 cab. It's 2 tabs to the left of the Home weather tab (Radar is 1 tab to the left; going right shows current and future weather for selected zipcode.

Mike6,

I know MSN weather is in the ROM, wish there was a Titanium App for it. :-) Like the ones for FACEBOOK and a few others.

I re-flashed my phone to the 6.5.1 BETA ROM after my last posting about TitaniumWeather not installing - Until I can get CHomeEditor installed on the phone - not going to give TitaniumWeather a try again - as I will not be able to hide it.

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest mike6
HartV,

Okay - FOLLOW UP.

The CHOMEEDITOR is not installed in the ROM, and I cannot get rid of the GETTING STARTED from the Home Screen (see my previous HomeScreen.bmp). I am currently looking for the CHomeEditor so that I can install it.

A little leary about installing the TitaniumWeather right now - as without the CHomeEditor - if I get it installed and it does not work - I will not be able to hide it. :-)

I did get the LISBIAN CUBIC ICONS installed, I so much like those icons over the ones which are standard with WinMo.

Going to give GOOGLEMAPS a whirl next, and look for any more bugs.

Thank You.

*BH*

Just installed GM 3.2 and it seems to work fine. Make sure you use the latest version (attached).

GoogleMaps.CAB

Guest hartv427
HartV,

*BH*

I have struggeled with the default theme it's a mod of classicblue but I have set that asside working on that for a bit for now. You can hard reset or reflash to get it back. I will be updating 6.5.1 as soon as possible I know to needs work 21928 seems more stable but some of the even newer versions are worse. There seems to be a call for TitaniumWeather I will see about building that in :)