WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
Hartv427 has included the MSN Money widget but I cannot get it to find the Dow Jones Industrial Average link to add to the other indices. I can add other US stock and mutual fund codes but the DJIA escapes me.

Any ideas?

Hmmm I see what you mean. Microsoft's apps are constantly changeing most likely the problem I will moniter thes in future builds :)

Thanks for the input

is 6.5 sluggish for anybody else?

I'm running Hartv's V5 standard right now and it seems to be more stable than Adryn's, or BW or bgill's latest ROM's and more responsive (less sluggish). Very pleased with it right now.

Guest hartv427
I'm running Hartv's V5 standard right now and it seems to be more stable than Adryn's, or BW or bgill's latest ROM's and more responsive (less sluggish). Very pleased with it right now.

Glad that you are pleased I work hard very at this if you need comformation of that you could ask my wife LOL.

Please keep in mind that even my standard version is stripped down it will slow if you add a lot of apps

Guest drd0ctor

i dont think it has anything to do with harts because his is by far the best, its a problem i had with every 6.5 ROM, the keyboard doesnt respond as fast and i typically need to type much slower to get full words and sentences out. but its happened with every build of 6.5 i've used. im just assuming its because the omnia wasnt built to run 6.5, but i could be wrong. and im running the new V5-B rom. my only gripe is the typing, everything else is fantastic and i couldnt thank you more, its exactly what i wanted in a 6.5 rom.

Guest bearhntr
I have struggeled with the default theme it's a mod of classicblue but I have set that asside working on that for a bit for now. You can hard reset or reflash to get it back. I will be updating 6.5.1 as soon as possible I know to needs work 21928 seems more stable but some of the even newer versions are worse. There seems to be a call for TitaniumWeather I will see about building that in ;)

HartV,

It appears that your wallpaper still exists in LANDSCAPE mode, but not in portrait. That will teach me to play with the themes. :)

Can you post the portrait wallpaper back here so that I can put it back with out a reset?

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest hartv427

quote name='bearhntr' date='Aug 10 2009, 00:52' post='1051862']

HartV,

It appears that your wallpaper still exists in LANDSCAPE mode, but not in portrait. That will teach me to play with the themes. :)

Can you post the portrait wallpaper back here so that I can put it back with out a reset?

Thanks,

*BH*

Guest rtimi28

I flashed your 6.5.1 rom and I love it, however there are a couple of things I think needs fixing.

a) when I want to record video, it freezes on me.

:) Is there a way to add samsung widget to work. Am I supposed to download the widgets to the main memory or can it work directly from \mystorage?

Thanks, You are doing a very good job getting me ready for wm6.5 and 7

Guest hartv427
I flashed your 6.5.1 rom and I love it, however there are a couple of things I think needs fixing.

a) when I want to record video, it freezes on me.

;) Is there a way to add samsung widget to work. Am I supposed to download the widgets to the main memory or can it work directly from \mystorage?

Thanks, You are doing a very good job getting me ready for wm6.5 and 7

A) I will look into the camera issue I can confirm that video recording works on my upcoming version of 6.5.1 :)

;) The Samsung Widget on the CF03 update is part of the customer csc which is lost in the cooking process

Guest hartv427

For those of you that would like Titanium Weather on one of my ROMS the attached file should work for you.

Directions for install are as follows:

1) Uncheck "Windows Default" in Today Items

2) Install the cab

3) Check "windows Default" in Today Idems

Note: Titanium Radar is not working in ths cab but check out this app

GPS Enabled Weather Radar http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544094

Showaco_TitaniumWeather_v4.2_new.cab

Edited by hartv427

Guest bearhntr
For those of you that would like Titanium Weather on one of my ROMS the attached file should work for you.

2) Install the cab

GPS Enabled Weather Radar http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544094

HartV,

Plain and simple. You are FANTASTIC!

( For those of you who understand that is 333-2-66-8-2-7777-8-444-222 ) :-)

*BH*

2) Install the cab

Check out post #91 (posted yesterday - 9 august) which includes a replacement *.mscr file that will get Titanium Radar working although the link for the GPS enabled radar looks very promising, also.

Guest hartv427
Maybe I missed it. Does this ROM unlock the GPS? Thanks for the continued hard work.

Gps is unlocked but you need to turn it on through phone settings set to on location :)

Guest bearhntr

HartV,

OK....first things first. Still loving your ROM (6.5.1 BETA) that I currently have loaded.

Thanks also for posting the wallpapers. Will have to figure out where to put them to replace the ones that got replace with the DEFAULT BLUE theme. Should not be that hard.

Okay, now for the needed fixes.

1) I can no longer use the FLASHLIGHT feature on the phone. There is no START ICON for it, and the SETTINGS >> SYSTEM folder has no launch for the BUTTONS option where you used to be able to set the DOWN VOLUME to turn it on.

2) Even before I put the LISBIAN TOOLBAR on, the battery icon at the top, while it does show the level - does nothing when you press it . It used to bring up the battery gauge (and let you set power options). It does nothing now.

3) Love the sliding menus where there were once tabs except for the aforementioned font issues.

4) Amything more on how to get the GETTING STARTED to actually HIDE when I tell it to?

5) The GPS Viewer is the BOMB!!! Love that, please keep it.

6) Why does no one put the YAHOO, ICQ, AIM messenger applet in their ROMs any longer? MSN Messenger is there.

Okay. Still enjoying the ROM, wil keep abreast of other bugs/problems I locate.

*BH*

Guest Wildman3064132

This is my first flash of a Hartv427 rom and I noticed the base rom that made me give them a try but I noticed one or two little issues (Not Major), the landscape start menu only shows 2 icons per row which only has menu in the middle of page (But I was able to resolve with a small icon cab that I had from another rom) also I was wondering if you created a cab for the original samsung voice command application.

Other than these little items everything appears to running perfectly.

Edit: I just realized that there isnt any settings in control panel for wifi and also wifi is missing from comm manager

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest hartv427
HartV,

OK....first things first. Still loving your ROM (6.5.1 BETA) that I currently have loaded.

Thanks also for posting the wallpapers. Will have to figure out where to put them to replace the ones that got replace with the DEFAULT BLUE theme. Should not be that hard.

Okay, now for the needed fixes.

1) I can no longer use the FLASHLIGHT feature on the phone. There is no START ICON for it, and the SETTINGS >> SYSTEM folder has no launch for the BUTTONS option where you used to be able to set the DOWN VOLUME to turn it on.

2) Even before I put the LISBIAN TOOLBAR on, the battery icon at the top, while it does show the level - does nothing when you press it . It used to bring up the battery gauge (and let you set power options). It does nothing now.

3) Love the sliding menus where there were once tabs except for the aforementioned font issues.

4) Amything more on how to get the GETTING STARTED to actually HIDE when I tell it to?

5) The GPS Viewer is the BOMB!!! Love that, please keep it.

6) Why does no one put the YAHOO, ICQ, AIM messenger applet in their ROMs any longer? MSN Messenger is there.

Okay. Still enjoying the ROM, wil keep abreast of other bugs/problems I locate.

*BH*

1) Ill look into that currently using V5-s Iy can be activated throught the "buttons' settings

2) The battery icon "press" we lost when we went to 6.5 that is why a most other cooks have added it I figure It's optional add if you like :) note most things cooked in can't be removed

3) Rest assured that getting started will not be in the next version ... slip on my part

4) Mobile IM was removed from the ROM is that what you are referring to ?

Thanks for your input I hope to have 6.5.1 V2 out tonight

You may also consider trying V_5-s its more stable

Guest hartv427
This is my first flash of a Hartv427 rom and I noticed the base rom that made me give them a try but I noticed one or two little issues (Not Major), the landscape start menu only shows 2 icons per row which only has menu in the middle of page (But I was able to resolve with a small icon cab that I had from another rom) also I was wondering if you created a cab for the original samsung voice command application.

Other than these little items everything appears to running perfectly.

Edit: I just realized that there isnt any settings in control panel for wifi and also wifi is missing from comm manager

Voice command was not removed I see the missing shortcut must have had an overrite :) I'll get a bugg fix up soon

Hmmm the Wifi issue I have looked into that a lot that problem to the best of my knowledge the ROM boots to quickley because so much has been removed. Te easy fix is to add in some of your favorite apps and the problem will go away and after a soft reset Wifi will be back. I have build my Roms so you can add what you like. I have a link on my first post to cabs for some of the idems removed If you want something back.

Thanks for the input let me know if the problem continues

Edited by hartv427

Guest duder75

Thanks for the great ROM. I am using the hartv427_6.5.1_V1 which is a great base.

Is there a way to get the FM radio to work? I tried installing the cab and no luck.

Just curious if you knew of a quick fix.

Thanks!

Guest hartv427
Thanks for the great ROM. I am using the hartv427_6.5.1_V1 which is a great base.

Is there a way to get the FM radio to work? I tried installing the cab and no luck.

Just curious if you knew of a quick fix.

Thanks!

Sorry no quick fix ;) But I will be working on new versions tommorow to correct things :)

Guest dynomite
Voice command was not removed I see the missing shortcut must have had an overrite :) I'll get a bugg fix up soon

Hmmm the Wifi issue I have looked into that a lot that problem to the best of my knowledge the ROM boots to quickley because so much has been removed. Te easy fix is to add in some of your favorite apps and the problem will go away and after a soft reset Wifi will be back. I have build my Roms so you can add what you like. I have a link on my first post to cabs for some of the idems removed If you want something back.

Thanks for the input let me know if the problem continues

Here is my WIFI experience. I reflashed your rom to the base rom V5 and the WIFI was there. As soon as I restored my PIM data only from SBP backup it rebooted and lost the WIFI application and there was a new icon called wireless card like it did not initialize properly and had to be manually configured. I tried but I could not get it to work so I reflashed again and manually typed in my contacts data.

I love playing with your new ROMS, but is there a proven method of restoring contacts data with each new rom upgrade?

Your rom is fast and for what I do, it is awesome. I missed my Blackberry, but your Rom has made me like my Omnia again. WM 6.5 is so much more user friendly. Thank you and keep up the great work!!

Guest drd0ctor

anything on how the keyboard can be slow and sometimes slightly unresponsive? (as in it takes more than one touch to type a letter sometimes)