WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

Guest hartv427
Here is my WIFI experience. I reflashed your rom to the base rom V5 and the WIFI was there. As soon as I restored my PIM data only from SBP backup it rebooted and lost the WIFI application and there was a new icon called wireless card like it did not initialize properly and had to be manually configured. I tried but I could not get it to work so I reflashed again and manually typed in my contacts data.

I love playing with your new ROMS, but is there a proven method of restoring contacts data with each new rom upgrade?

Your rom is fast and for what I do, it is awesome. I missed my Blackberry, but your Rom has made me like my Omnia again. WM 6.5 is so much more user friendly. Thank you and keep up the great work!!

The Wifi issue can be resolved just by adding additional apps the Base rom is to light

Edited by hartv427

Guest Wildman3064132

dynomite

Out of curiosity what options are you selecting when restoring with Spb Backup? Ive been having no issues restoring contacts and emails and messages. Are you using the custom option for restore and only select first 3 selections, this way only contact, emails and messages will get restored, if you select any other options you will be over riding windows operation system files which would cause that type of issue that you seem to have.

I experience this issue when I first starting to use SPB Backup. Give that a try and all should be good..

Edited by Wildman3064132

Guest hartv427
Here is my WIFI experience. I reflashed your rom to the base rom V5 and the WIFI was there. As soon as I restored my PIM data only from SBP backup it rebooted and lost the WIFI application and there was a new icon called wireless card like it did not initialize properly and had to be manually configured. I tried but I could not get it to work so I reflashed again and manually typed in my contacts data.

I love playing with your new ROMS, but is there a proven method of restoring contacts data with each new rom upgrade?

Your rom is fast and for what I do, it is awesome. I missed my Blackberry, but your Rom has made me like my Omnia again. WM 6.5 is so much more user friendly. Thank you and keep up the great work!!

I use PIM Backup to restore my contacts it works well I must have done that at least 500 times. I didnt inclued that in V5 BASE though

Guest briwayjones

I just noticed today that in V3 Base ROM that making a new contact doesn't work. I click new contact, pick Outlook Contact and nothing happens. Is this bug still in V5?

Guest hartv427
I just noticed today that in V3 Base ROM that making a new contact doesn't work. I click new contact, pick Outlook Contact and nothing happens. Is this bug still in V5?

Add a new contact is working now :) V5 is missing Voice Command corrections have been made an I will be posting it later tonight ;)

@everyone

Working on bug fixes now for new versions :) I may need to a few apps back in

Suggestions ?

Adding the GPS Weather panel to Titanium Weather makes a real nice package along with the Titanium radar and MSN Weather widget. I have all working smoothly with vers 5 Standard.

GPS Test ver 1.04 from Chartcross. works real good for getting initial GPS fix

HTC Task Switcher like Adryn has in his apps. Having drop down menu on Task bar seems easier to use than current task switcher.

Finger keyboard installed in ROM for those who want the option.

Personalizer

AppStar ATContacts in Titanium (Fave People)

Google Maps 3.2

Snailslug TouchResponse

HTC QuickGPS

Good luck.

MM

Guest hartv427
Adding the GPS Weather panel to Titanium Weather makes a real nice package along with the Titanium radar and MSN Weather widget. I have all working smoothly with vers 5 Standard.

GPS Test ver 1.04 from Chartcross. works real good for getting initial GPS fix

HTC Task Switcher like Adryn has in his apps. Having drop down menu on Task bar seems easier to use than current task switcher.

Finger keyboard installed in ROM for those who want the option.

Personalizer

AppStar ATContacts in Titanium (Fave People)

Google Maps 3.2

Snailslug TouchResponse

HTC QuickGPS

Good luck.

MM

I'll see what i can do :)

Guest rtimi28

hart can we have images of version 2 6.5.1. Is it like the xda version 23025 or is that something else. I have flashed 3 of your roms in 5days and loving the constant updates, can't wait till I get the real thing from samsung, but since I have to wait almost a year for my contract with verizon, I will continue to flash i910 roms

Guest hartv427
hart can we have images of version 2 6.5.1. Is it like the xda version 23025 or is that something else. I have flashed 3 of your roms in 5days and loving the constant updates, can't wait till I get the real thing from samsung, but since I have to wait almost a year for my contract with verizon, I will continue to flash i910 roms

Sounds like you having fun :D I have 23025 working but its not ready for a release just yet

Guest tomw99

This so far is the only rom that i am able to use and not be annoyed with. Just as with the base verizon rom there was just to much crap i would never use, everyone elses rom (i understand some of it is what they use personally) has just replaced all the crap they removed from the verizon rom with some other crap. Thank you so much for having such a clean rom and dont give into the pressure of people on this thread about adding other junk no matter how useful they think it is, almost all of it can all be added later if they really want it, unless you continue to have a base and standard release like you have now.

The one program I did try to put back on was the photo slides (just feels a little nicer than the one that comes with windows) but tried to install it off the cab and gave me a error message of cannot be installed on this phone, anyone know how i can get this program installed?

Again thanks for a nice clean working rom! i used Hartv427_V5.1 and am liking it a lot.

Guest eufouria

Hey, how stable is your 6.5.1 ROM?

I'm looking to flash to a clean slate once the PointSense V2 UI is released.

But if it's best for just poking around and not daily use I'd like to know.

Guest hartv427
This so far is the only rom that i am able to use and not be annoyed with. Just as with the base verizon rom there was just to much crap i would never use, everyone elses rom (i understand some of it is what they use personally) has just replaced all the crap they removed from the verizon rom with some other crap. Thank you so much for having such a clean rom and dont give into the pressure of people on this thread about adding other junk no matter how useful they think it is, almost all of it can all be added later if they really want it, unless you continue to have a base and standard release like you have now.

The one program I did try to put back on was the photo slides (just feels a little nicer than the one that comes with windows) but tried to install it off the cab and gave me a error message of cannot be installed on this phone, anyone know how i can get this program installed?

Again thanks for a nice clean working rom! i used Hartv427_V5.1 and am liking it a lot.

Glad you like it :D Ill see if I can make a cab for photoslides. there is a link on my first post to Hartv427Cabs

where you can find cabs to some of the things I have removed

Guest hartv427
Hey, how stable is your 6.5.1 ROM?

I'm looking to flash to a clean slate once the PointSense V2 UI is released.

But if it's best for just poking around and not daily use I'd like to know.

Hartv427_6.5.1_V2 is better than V1 & I think it's stable enough for daily use but different in appearance than 5.1 and a bit more finger friendly

Guest hartv427

quote name='rtimi28' date='Aug 14 2009, 13:56' post='1054359']

Hart I did go to xda and installation is totally different from yours so I think I will wait for yours. any images yet?

Guest rtimi28
quote name='rtimi28' date='Aug 14 2009, 13:56' post='1054359']

Hart I did go to xda and installation is totally different from yours so I think I will wait for yours. any images yet?

post-471951-1250280321_thumb.pngpost-471951-1250280331_thumb.png

Thanks for that, can't wait to get it on my i910

Guest bearhntr

HartV,

I was having so many problems with the 6.5.1, that I decided to go back to your 6.5 STOCK ROM. I had been using it for the last three days, and last night I went to use the WIFI option of my i910, and low & behold - it is not there.

Where did it go? I tried a soft reset and the pull the battery suggestion that I had read in BGill's area - but it is not there.

How do I get it back?

Thank you greatly.

*BH*

Guest hartv427
HartV,

I was having so many problems with the 6.5.1, that I decided to go back to your 6.5 STOCK ROM. I had been using it for the last three days, and last night I went to use the WIFI option of my i910, and low & behold - it is not there.

Where did it go? I tried a soft reset and the pull the battery suggestion that I had read in BGill's area - but it is not there.

How do I get it back?

Thank you greatly.

*BH*

This is an intermittent problem I have been struggling with, others have it as well if soft reset doesn't work try turn off and then turn on let it boot fully give it a second and check to see if Wifi is there it will remain there. It may reoccur after after soft reset again. It's my belief that it has someting to do with the more recent system files. I have not removed anything that should change wifi. Installing a few apps seems to help. I am working on the issue constantly as well as updates because it annoys me too.

Hart: I like what I see with your ROM, I think I will give it a try; however, do you have a cab that will switch it to the 4-column start menu? I like that better than the 3-across.

Thx!

/Chimp

Guest smwoodward

Hey Hart, love this rom... as many have said that there was so much bloat in the original, and all of the other roms I have looked at replaced the bloat with other bloat. there are a few things I would like to see if you can make them.

i think this is the link to the other rom that I liked because of one UI difference, but everything else was lacking. On this rom, the "OK" or "X" button and other types of buttons were in the lower left hand of the screen and were actually buttons, and not the small text in the upper right of the screen. can you add this to your rom????

also a few little things.. is there a way to get the settings cab from the cf03 update ported over? I like some of the quick features it had. that is about the only other feature the original 6.1 had that I kinda miss. made it very easy to put the phone into airplane mode going into the plant for work.

also is there a way to remap the "contacts" soft button to open the samsung's contacts list? also a bit more touch screen friendly, and also the voicemail on the today screen and the right softbutton can that be remapped to open visual voicemail instead of dialing a number? and can you reorder the items under the start menu?

Guest Wildman3064132

Loving the ROMs but I notice one little issue with the Hartv427_6.5.1_V1 and 2 BETA, neither of them appears to have the system information to identify the unit to software. All software that I have that requires activation tells me that the "Owner Name" isn't set but on the same note the link originally is under settings - Personal menu isn't there to be even access this menu. I'm I just simply missing it or is there a fix for this? Without this information I cant activate any ofmy applications.

Also on another note I really couldnt figure out why I havent been receiving the usual lags that I have been noticing from other ROMs and I have figured it out..... You aren't installing FTouchSL trial like all others and this appears to be a good thing, I have a full licensed copy of 2.5 and eveything is smooth without issues also when I install my version Im not using up addition space because 2.1 is installed to rom and cant be deleted. Im starting to lean more to base versions now because the usually dont install FTouchSL 2.10 trial on it...

Nice Job, but hope you can fix the "Owner Information" link.