WM 6.5 [CF03] ROM's by Hartv427

Guest hartv427

@ hart and mike6:

HTC task manager only works from the today screen. I tried HTC task manager while under the start menu, and under file explorer... but it only brings up the new magnified taskbar. I am having trouble with Kenetic scrolling also. It seems to work in some apps but not others. I know some apps have thier own scroll controls, but for example file-explorer doesn't have kenetic scrolling. File-Explorer has the clunky scroll that will start moving with a flick but doesn't stop until you tap it again.

I love the new roms... but I guess we have to wait for some of the software developers to make thier software compatible. For example Resco Explorer's bottom bar gets cut off by the new windows bottombar.

You are my new cook now that Adryn seems to have found greener pastures. Keep up the good work.

All credit goes to hart. I'm just one who uses his stuff.

Guest hartv427

quote name='eclsnowman' date='Aug 24 2009, 00:09' post='1058497']

@ hart and mike6:

HTC task manager only works from the today screen. I tried HTC task manager while under the start menu, and under file explorer... but it only brings up the new magnified taskbar. I am having trouble with Kenetic scrolling also. It seems to work in some apps but not others. I know some apps have thier own scroll controls, but for example file-explorer doesn't have kenetic scrolling. File-Explorer has the clunky scroll that will start moving with a flick but doesn't stop until you tap it again.

I love the new roms... but I guess we have to wait for some of the software developers to make thier software compatible. For example Resco Explorer's bottom bar gets cut off by the new windows bottombar.

You are my new cook now that Adryn seems to have found greener pastures. Keep up the good work.

Guest hartv427
Hahaha.... I just finished setting up my omnia after installing the "other" V7 earlier today!

What am I getting by increasing the pagepool?

It's a little faster but uses more system memory about 4 Mb

Guest Wildman3064132

Do anyone know where I can get Visual Voicemail cab that will work on Hartv427_V7 with 12 MB Pagepool build, the file library doesn't contain one and the one I have that worked on previous build just shows an animation that it was going to open but never opens?

Guest hartv427
Do anyone know where I can get Visual Voicemail cab that will work on Hartv427_V7 with 12 MB Pagepool build, the file library doesn't contain one and the one I have that worked on previous build just shows an animation that it was going to open but never opens?

Upload the Cab you are using or a link and I'll take a look when I can

Guest eclsnowman

I just added FTouchSL 2.10 trial cab to your rom and it fixed kinetic scrolling. I found this info on another post on this site:

Quote Rob V:

In WM 6.5, MS finally introduced true smooth kinetic scrolling system-wide. It's a huge improvement vs. 6.1. The only problem is that the cooked 6.5 ROMs necessarily use the original Samsung 6.1 ROMs as a starting point. Thus, the weird Samsung scrolling is still present -- and it completely overrides the goodness of the new kinetic scrolling. :D Several of us discovered a secret months ago, which is to simply install FTouchSL but do not activate it. When you run the FTouchSL install, it deactivates the Samsung scroller, partly by replacing Samsung's touch driver DLL. Because you're never going to actually use FTouchSL, you don't need to buy it -- just install the trial copy from the FTouchSL website and forget about it. Most of the cooks now burn the FTouchSL trial right into their custom 6.5 ROMs, and also lower the value of UpDown to 150. But remember, this all applies only to WM 6.5

Guest Ozric Tentacle
and also lower the value of UpDown to 150

What does that mean? Where can I make this change?

I've installed the FTouchSL and I can't really see any difference. What problem have I fixed by installing this?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff. :D

Guest Wildman3064132

I've installed the FTouchSL and I can't really see any difference. What problem have I fixed by installing this?

He is speaking in the registy but I get better response with this setting....

go to:

HKLM/HARDWARE/DEVICEMAP/TOUCH

and change:

Click: change 1280 to 2000

DownUp: change 256 to 750

I've installed FingerKeyboard which I prefer and enabled it in the settings/personal/input tab but the phone reverts to the sammy keyboard after a soft-reset. How can I set the keyboard for FingerKB and have it stay there?

Can IM Selector be added from a CAB file to this ROM?

Thanks

Guest eclsnowman

If before you installed FTouchSL you went into file explorer or other scrolling systems that do not have the new 6.5 kenitic scrolling and flicked up (to scroll down) Hart V7 would start scrolling with a click,click,click down the list until you clicked again to stop it. With FTouchSL demo installed you do not use the Todayscreen portion of the app... but the dll it installs replaces the stock samsung dll cooked in from wm 6.1. The FTouchSL dll has kinetics to scrolling (i.e. if you flick to scroll down it senses the velocity of the flick to determin how far it scrolls down and the speed at which it does it). It is all preference but I got so used to this type of scrolling from Adryn's roms (this is what he used to get this effect).

Guest hartv427
so with V7 does the ok/close button not work at all or just in certain menus? just checking before i do flash

Yes it does there is now fix as fo yet that i know of

Guest hartv427
I've installed FingerKeyboard which I prefer and enabled it in the settings/personal/input tab but the phone reverts to the sammy keyboard after a soft-reset. How can I set the keyboard for FingerKB and have it stay there?

Can IM Selector be added from a CAB file to this ROM?

Thanks

Try waiting about 30 second befor soft reset

Guest hartv427
I just added FTouchSL 2.10 trial cab to your rom and it fixed kinetic scrolling. I found this info on another post on this site:

Quote Rob V:

In WM 6.5, MS finally introduced true smooth kinetic scrolling system-wide. It's a huge improvement vs. 6.1. The only problem is that the cooked 6.5 ROMs necessarily use the original Samsung 6.1 ROMs as a starting point. Thus, the weird Samsung scrolling is still present -- and it completely overrides the goodness of the new kinetic scrolling. :D Several of us discovered a secret months ago, which is to simply install FTouchSL but do not activate it. When you run the FTouchSL install, it deactivates the Samsung scroller, partly by replacing Samsung's touch driver DLL. Because you're never going to actually use FTouchSL, you don't need to buy it -- just install the trial copy from the FTouchSL website and forget about it. Most of the cooks now burn the FTouchSL trial right into their custom 6.5 ROMs, and also lower the value of UpDown to 150. But remember, this all applies only to WM 6.5

Thanks for the input. I need to look into this I've just been working on other things I'll get to it promise

Guest hartv427
Here is the Visual Voicemail cab I have been using....

Thanks

I may need to make some changes I try to get it working for ya

Edited by hartv427

Guest Wildman3064132
I may need to make some changes I try to get it working for ya

Thanks... And I found one other little issue... I normally use RotaionService (http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-http-omnia-modaco-com/276388/rotationservice-version-1-7-4/) application by qbus to control what applicaions I want to rotate and not but the application crashes every time ran.. I plan to post this error also in his area to see if he has a fix also. Hopefully between you 2 something can be figured out..

Thanks Again, Nice work

post-509959-1251244309_thumb.png

Guest hartv427
Thanks... And I found one other little issue... I normally use RotaionService (http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-http-omnia-modaco-com/276388/rotationservice-version-1-7-4/) application by qbus to control what applicaions I want to rotate and not but the application crashes every time ran.. I plan to post this error also in his area to see if he has a fix also. Hopefully between you 2 something can be figured out..

Thanks Again, Nice work

This should fix that for now corrections are being made

NET_CF_Fix.cab

Guest hartv427
is there another way to access data connection in V7 since there is no icon for it in the settings?

No but i have fixed that now :D it will be included in 7.1 with other corrections as well ... Trying to get it done asap working on it now