MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest gr8games

not sure if its a bug or not, but the htc task manager thats in here has an option that says close app with x. i enabled it, but when i close the app with the x and check task manager it still is open. is this just how it is, or is it not working right?

thanks

Guest snapz54
not sure if its a bug or not, but the htc task manager thats in here has an option that says close app with x. i enabled it, but when i close the app with the x and check task manager it still is open. is this just how it is, or is it not working right?

thanks

Have you ever made themes? I'd like to have your bottom bar and three column start menu in all my roms no matter what.

Guest MrCapcom

HTC Taskmanager is acting weird im going to look at it but its more or less because of the new build. When the 23 build came around we had to hide the menu and it worked but now it seems like its taking over a bit more. So ill take a look at it for now probally better off just mapping task manager to a button and periodically endtasking stuff there. I am going to try using showcase again but I read a couple reports of it not working when cooked. So we will see ill try to fix that today

Guest gr8games

thats what i did, i always had to check periodically before anyways, so its not really different. seems like it would be cool not having to worry about it though. i could never understand why they set up windoze to where it won't close on the x button

Guest mackrox
Well thats just a animation that plays all the time I have no way of turning it off if you don't like it you can delete the gif's out.

but thats just the way sammy made the phone. But yea best way to turn it off is delete the animations but then u just sit a a black screen

till the load up comes on and the windows and etc.

Auto lock shoudl work check settings if its not I have a habit of jus pressing the sleep butotn at the top during calls

Version 10 is the newest I havent gotten arond to updating the OP with work and such go a couple posts behind or get it here :

http://www.4shared.com/file/138334439/6550...m_CF03_V10.html

hopefully I cian get version 11 out before I go home today

Thanks for the response :)

I been noticing the touch screen simply doesn't respond, randomly. Not sure why.

Where are the GIF's/sounds located at?

Whenever I go into settings for the phone, I hit OK, and it doesn't... do anything. I have to reboot my phone every time now to get it to let me go into the other settings.. any clue? I think maybe I should do your latest update.

Is there any way to get the screen rotation settings back? I like auto rotate.

Guest MrCapcom

@gr8games Yea I dunno why they did it that way either. I mean in hind sight maybe they figured people would want to minimize

and just go to menu/exit to actually exit a program. They kinda thought like a pc i suppose. I just got a good oem for showcase

im gonna test it once I get back to my office. Hopefully I can release 11a today. hehe it rhymed

@mackrox

When the screen isnt responding were you texting or using the keyboard? I notice sometimes when I type to fast

and when I say fast im talking about it should be unhumanly possible fast the phone locks up for a sec. It probally has

to do with the keyboard or the build because I never had this problem before I added the keyboard/and wen to build 23047 and up

You can set the auto rotate back on in the registry someone posted it a couple posts back ill make sure I include that in the updated

op when I get to it.

For the settings if you go to location and turn it on it won't let you go back out or nothing. Its something with the newer builds.

Easy work around is just reset your phone after and it works for everything else, its just location that one time u turn it on it goes

crazy and once again its something with the 23043 builds and up.

Remember guys some glitches are MS glitches I can't really fix them we try our best to patch things up though when we can

but keep replying and ill fix up what I can :-) Right now im in the lab and I don't have my laptop which has all my cooking stuff, so

when i get back to the office ill do what I can :-) stay tuned!

Guest necosino

@mackrox

If you like Family Guy, I'm working on a Family Guy Theme (my first time making a complete theme to go in my ROM) and I can give you a startup image that is Peter welcoming you to the side-boob hour (From the FCC episode). The off sound is Quagmire Laughing and saying "oh that's just awful!" with a simple horizontal sliding bar.

Edited by necosino

Guest MrCapcom
@mackrox

If you like Family Guy, I'm working on a Family Guy Theme (my first time making a complete theme to go in my ROM) and I can give you a startup image that is Peter welcoming you to the side-boob hour (From the FCC episode). The off sound is Quagmire Laughing and saying "oh that's just awful!" with a simple horizontal sliding bar.

If you want I can sticky that to the OP to give people more of a choice if they don't like the startup/shutdown stuff

Guest necosino

Sure, I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow morning, and the Ani_poweron.gif still needs a little fine-tuning (Ends too fast, need to add some more frames in) but I'll do that all tomorrow morning and then upload it for you. :)

Guest MrCapcom
Sure, I won't be able to upload it until tomorrow morning, and the Ani_poweron.gif still needs a little fine-tuning (Ends too fast, need to add some more frames in) but I'll do that all tomorrow morning and then upload it for you. :(

no prob send to me via email to and when i get a chance ill put it to the main op.

Just a FYI for everyone I am very very busy BUT well lets just say watch the OP! It maybe updated in a couple minutes.... :)

Guest necosino
no prob send to me via email to and when i get a chance ill put it to the main op.

Just a FYI for everyone I am very very busy BUT well lets just say watch the OP! It maybe updated in a couple minutes.... :)

PM me your email address. :(

Guest MrCapcom

New Update out Version 11a

Whats new?

Task Facade (thanks for pointing me towards this one Blackmeto)

Check it out here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=420220

Video Here

Runs pretty good I will keep it until I find a fix for htc taskmanager or showcase for now. I think im the only i910 cook that uses it +1 for being the first lol

I did some tweaks to the icons (u might not notice)

Freed up some program mem which should have the rom running better

Next update I want to add a reg editor just so users can do the edits out of the box. It won' t be anything flashing just a bare reg editor just in case. I'm thinking of total commander. I also want to do some more tweaking and space improvements.

Enjoy

Guest Terminalx
New Update out Version 11a

Whats new?

Task Facade (thanks for pointing me towards this one Blackmeto)

Check it out here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=420220

Video Here

Runs pretty good I will keep it until I find a fix for htc taskmanager or showcase for now. I think im the only i910 cook that uses it +1 for being the first lol

I did some tweaks to the icons (u might not notice)

Freed up some program mem which should have the rom running better

Next update I want to add a reg editor just so users can do the edits out of the box. It won' t be anything flashing just a bare reg editor just in case. I'm thinking of total commander. I also want to do some more tweaking and space improvements.

Enjoy

Great rom only issue I've had when scrolling in the start menu it pauses for a second or two - how do you get the wm dialers to work? i've installed one and it didn't change, I have skinning enabled, what am I doing wrong?

Guest jlc0005

MrCapcom, I installed your latest ROM and it's really nice, but I have a couple questions.

I selected one of the themes just to see what it was like, but now I would like to get back to the originally installed theme. How do I do it?

Also, I have seen in Bgill's Neo 2.0 ROM where the scroll bars are larger and the scrolling itself is smoother (for examples: in the Contacts, Email and other dialogs) than in this ROM. Can I change that behavior? If so, how?

Is there a Hard Reset option built into the ROM somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT - I found the Advanced Config utility and figured out how to resize the scroll bars & arrows, but still not sure how to make the scrolling in some panels smoother and without the click.

Edited by jlc0005

I selected one of the themes just to see what it was like, but now I would like to get back to the originally installed theme. How do I do it?

I did the theme change also, and got most things back by going to Settings - Home - appearance and selecting w7b_premium, then going to items and making sure windows default is the only item checked. I may have had to check classic blue theme and ok, then go back and get the w7b one... can't remember exactly.

But the background/wallpaper reverted to the windows icon like what shows on the last 3 images on the current images. I did find a default_stwater_240_400 file in the windows directory, but could not navigate to that dir using the 'use this picture as the background' browse button. I tried copying the file to the My Storage drive and selecting it there, and it appears but is pixelated like it is a lower resolution. Any ideas?

Also what is a good program to use on a Vista machine that will let me browse all the files/folders on the phone? Windows explorer doesn't show all the files and folders.

Dear MrCapcom,

I have used just about every ROM out there: BW's, BGill's, Adryn's, and who can forget the one and only WoZZeR. This last Friday I decided to try yours out... Great job!!! It's fast, very clean interface, and doesn't have all the crapware cooked in (I like being able to add the stuff I "need").

Anyhow, you can cook man! Thank you for all of your hard work, and thank you to all of the cooks out there! :)

Sincerely,

Oscar9

Guest MrCapcom

@jlc005

Default theme should be like blk7 premium or something its there in the section where you select themes.

I am going to work on the smooth scrolling sometime this week I don't notice anything but I know the other cooks use FTouchSL or something that suppose to make the touch better.

Hard Reset is in the Settings then go to System

@Sceva I don't really change my theme alot but i gotta verify what yoru doing and figure otu whats going on. The vista start logo does dissappear sometimes thats something with the build. Working on that as well! best bet to look at files in /device is to do it on your phone everything in /storage and sd u can just change ur connections from active sync to usb hdd and just copy/look at stuff there faster.

Download my mobiler I used that to navigate and do stuff on my phone from my pc that might help with navigating in /device

@Oscar9

Hehe thanks a bunch I will keep cooking as long as I have my Omnia....

HD2 is coming up pretty fast :-)

Guest StoicKiwi

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but is there a way to enable spell correction for the XT9?

I found the registry entry and turned XT9 on, but in the input options for the Touch Keyboard, the slider doesn't work and I can't find a registry entry for enabling spelling correction.

@Sceva I don't really change my theme alot but i gotta verify what yoru doing and figure otu whats going on. The vista start logo does dissappear sometimes thats something with the build. Working on that as well! best bet to look at files in /device is to do it on your phone everything in /storage and sd u can just change ur connections from active sync to usb hdd and just copy/look at stuff there faster.

Download my mobiler I used that to navigate and do stuff on my phone from my pc that might help with navigating in /device

I have had my omnia for about a year. When I first discovered this site and the xda-forum (or something like that) I added the iFonz interface, iContact, and the slide lock. That kept me happy until the 6.5 came out and I decided to try updating the phone. I looked at several rom's and tried a couple before settling on yours. Great job. The main things that I liked was the 3 column programs list, the message notifier on the home page - it shows if I have a new email, txt msg, etc. without having to scroll to different lines.

I found when browsing the phones files on the laptop I can enable viewing hidden/system files, but I had forgotten about my mobiler, that is a good app when setting up the phone.

One other item, when playing videos/movies with windows media player, the windows icon, now playing button, another button, and a red 'x' icon stay on the screen under the player. When I hit the button for full screen, it goes to full screen, then a second later it reverts back to normal. I have looked thru the settings several times but can't find anything to change. I tried downloading tcpmc but got an error when it ran.

Thanks again. Great job.

Guest MrCapcom

@ Sceva I dunno never had that problem with the wmp ill look into it

@StoicKiwi XT9 is diabled maybe try downloading fingerkeyboard see if it works with that but XT9 is disabled on the HTC Keyboard

Guest StoicKiwi
@StoicKiwi XT9 is diabled maybe try downloading fingerkeyboard see if it works with that but XT9 is disabled on the HTC Keyboard

I have XT9 enabled and it is working for the HTC Keyboard. It's the Spell Correction option in the Input Options in the Personal Section of the Control Panel that doesn't work. I'm not sure if it is possible to enable or not, but I've been looking for it in the registry and can't find the Spell Correction. I already have normal XT9 functioning though.