MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest jbr05ki

Hitting the end button sometimes closes apps. The only workaround I've found is hitting the main menu key set to "Showcase" and then pressing the "Home" symbol. It adds another step to just leaving an app haha. Dope rom btw.

Guest MrCapcom

Really? I never have stuff close with the end key only the X button. Opera 10 beta 2 suppose to fix the auto closing thing gonna try it now. Gonna try to update Midomi too I experienced some problems today I really don't want to take midomi out though. I just had a experience with my wife in the car and a song that was on and I just whipped out my Omnia and ran midomi to ID the song she was impressed lol I was like score 1 for winmo and omnia

Guest MrCapcom

Settings like what? I personally try to get all my settings in .reg format and use XDA_UC to apply them back just get them all in a reg file then throw in the xda_uc folder. Most apps have all the settings in the registry.

I have XDA_UC also make shortcuts to programs thats already in my /my storage so i only have to install them once and they never get overwritten or deleted like IGO and Garmin XT and Watchtower Library they just sit in /my storage and xda makes a link to the programs and they work. Same can go for games.

You can also grab CERegeditor right when u do ur first flash with no settings do a full backup of your registry then do all ur settings etc and compare the clean reg with ur settings reg and then just dump all that into a .reg file and bam most if not all of ur settings will come back with the help of xda_uc.

I use keep my tones to put ringtones and notifications back (i put all my ringtones into mystorage and name them something generic so you can change the ringtones at will like mainringtone.mp3 u can just keep changing the file but keep the name the same so u won't have to worry abotu file names.)

I got it to where all I do now after a flash is setup my two email accounts and twinkini for twitter and thats it oh and the weather app and my alarms for work (gotta figure out how to put those back too)

hope that helped omw home

Guest lioryte
Settings like what? I personally try to get all my settings in .reg format and use XDA_UC to apply them back just get them all in a reg file then throw in the xda_uc folder. Most apps have all the settings in the registry.

I have XDA_UC also make shortcuts to programs thats already in my /my storage so i only have to install them once and they never get overwritten or deleted like IGO and Garmin XT and Watchtower Library they just sit in /my storage and xda makes a link to the programs and they work. Same can go for games.

You can also grab CERegeditor right when u do ur first flash with no settings do a full backup of your registry then do all ur settings etc and compare the clean reg with ur settings reg and then just dump all that into a .reg file and bam most if not all of ur settings will come back with the help of xda_uc.

I use keep my tones to put ringtones and notifications back (i put all my ringtones into mystorage and name them something generic so you can change the ringtones at will like mainringtone.mp3 u can just keep changing the file but keep the name the same so u won't have to worry abotu file names.)

I got it to where all I do now after a flash is setup my two email accounts and twinkini for twitter and thats it oh and the weather app and my alarms for work (gotta figure out how to put those back too)

hope that helped omw home

When u get to it... PM ur way

Guest jbr05ki

ah I see. I use pocket player and everytime I reflash I'd have to change library and button settings. I didn't know you can deux that with XDA_UC. Thanks!

Guest MrCapcom

check ur pm lioryte

@ jbr05ki Just setup pocket player then check the reg settings see what changed most likely there is a key there just throw it into a .reg file then put the .reg file into XDA_UC and it should install the reg settings. XDA_UC is really nice though I liked Sashimi cause it installs to /my storage but it had a brief glitch it hink is fixed now but i just never went back plus i didnt like the folder naming it was like a bunch of folders where as XDA_UC is just one folder u dump everything in but w/e IMO both are great though. look into XDA_UC there is a ton of stuff it can do I just use it to install and put settings back in and don't forget you can make mortscripts if u learn that u can have abit more control on things as well (XDA_UC executes mortscripts as well put in XDA_UC folder)

If you learn mortscript commands and reg edits u can probally have all your stuff set back up in no time after each flash. Maybe oneday ill post up some sample scripts/reg files for you guys when I get a chance been busy lately

Guest msgranite
check ur pm lioryte

@ jbr05ki Just setup pocket player then check the reg settings see what changed most likely there is a key there just throw it into a .reg file then put the .reg file into XDA_UC and it should install the reg settings. XDA_UC is really nice though I liked Sashimi cause it installs to /my storage but it had a brief glitch it hink is fixed now but i just never went back plus i didnt like the folder naming it was like a bunch of folders where as XDA_UC is just one folder u dump everything in but w/e IMO both are great though. look into XDA_UC there is a ton of stuff it can do I just use it to install and put settings back in and don't forget you can make mortscripts if u learn that u can have abit more control on things as well (XDA_UC executes mortscripts as well put in XDA_UC folder)

If you learn mortscript commands and reg edits u can probally have all your stuff set back up in no time after each flash. Maybe oneday ill post up some sample scripts/reg files for you guys when I get a chance been busy lately

how or where did you get the watchtower library. i'm looking for one in spanish for my omnia

Guest MrCapcom
how or where did you get the watchtower library. i'm looking for one in spanish for my omnia

If your a Jehovah's Witness go to the liteture counter and get the regular watchtower library from your brothers install it on your pc with active sync on when u install it the software will ask you do you want to install it on your pda say yes then it will copy some files over etc. Pretty cool I dunno if they have a watchtower library in spanish but I don't speak it lol PM me if u need help though

Edited by MrCapcom

Guest msgranite
If your a Jehovah's Witness go to the liteture counter and get the regular watchtower library from your brothers install it on your pc with active sync on when u install it the software will ask you do you want to install it on your pda say yes then it will copy some files over etc. Pretty cool I dunno if they have a watchtower library in spanish but I don't speak it lol PM me if u need help though

thanks for the reply. what year is the library you are using? 08 or 09? by the way, are you a brother?

Guest msgranite
08 and yes I am :D

then nice to meet you brother. I really like your rom. The best i've found so far. i go to a spanish cong. so hopefully the society will come out with the spanish version soon. Thanks

Guest D.LABOSS
then nice to meet you brother. I really like your rom. The best i've found so far. i go to a spanish cong. so hopefully the society will come out with the spanish version soon. Thanks

Hey fellow "friends",

i'm in a spanish cong in SoCal. Ms Granite, I've heard that there is a way to take the english WtLib beta program for winmo and install it and then change out (i'm guessing) the data files from the english WtLib to the spanish data files. I haven't tried it yet but will try it as soon as I receive my WtLib 09. I'll let you know how it goes. I think our lit order just came in....hopefully the new WtLib's are there!!

Guest MrCapcom

Yea I don't speak much spanish so im not sure if there is a spanish version but im sure they have arrangements try it out on the english one and see if it has like a language selector or something whats up D.LABOSS :D

Guest D.LABOSS
Yea I don't speak much spanish so im not sure if there is a spanish version but im sure they have arrangements try it out on the english one and see if it has like a language selector or something whats up D.LABOSS :D

Hey bro!

When you compare your clean reg with the registry entries once you've set up all your cabs, links, programs, etc, do you have a 'trick' to compare the two registries to find the differences or do you just go in and look at each line by line?

Guest mackrox

Hey MrCapCom,

Great job on this rom. However there are a few things:

- The keyboard works great except on landscape view a small portion of the screen is unused. This is a waste of useful space, imo. Any other keyboards?

- The phone does not lock automatically when making a call. This is the biggest annoyance for me... Turning off the screen works but I can feel the phone rotating (sorry I like auto rotation, one of the reasons I went for this phone)

- When turning on GPS (and other screens) the screen does not change and gets stuck requiring a reset.

- How can I remove the "PLEASE DONT SHUT ME OFFFF" thing, I find it slightly annoying. Where are the files located to remove? Same for the startup file, I don't want that. I just want a simple loading

- A lot of programs are stored on the main storage.. can we get these switched to the 8GB storage? Every bit of that ram is needed. i don't know why they didn't just reserve that small 256MB for the apps in the memory rather then allowing it to be used for storage.. oh well bad design on samsungs part, imo.

Thanks and keep up the good work :D

Edited by mackrox

Guest msgranite
Hey fellow "friends",

i'm in a spanish cong in SoCal. Ms Granite, I've heard that there is a way to take the english WtLib beta program for winmo and install it and then change out (i'm guessing) the data files from the english WtLib to the spanish data files. I haven't tried it yet but will try it as soon as I receive my WtLib 09. I'll let you know how it goes. I think our lit order just came in....hopefully the new WtLib's are there!!

Hey brother, i guess i'll wait and see if you come up with something. thanks, M S Granite

Guest MrCapcom

@ D.LABOSS lol thanks for giving me credit to think i would read that many lines lol. I use CERegEditor to compare registry entries. Only part thats work is figuring out what is what most of the time is kinda self explanatory.

@mackrox

-I never run my phone in landscape so yea its gonna have some buggs here and there I only use my phone in landscape when I watch videos.

I plan on adding more keyboard though so thats in the works.

-Go into the S2U2 settings u can set it to lock or dim screen better during calls.

-That GPS problem(u will find anything in that area is effected try going to something else) is a problem with the newer builds of Win 6.5.1 nothing I or any other chefs can do about it. I know me personally I only use that section for gps so i usually set my location on then reboot and I never have a reason to go back.

- its like pwr on.wav or .mp3 in the /windows folder I don't have my phone or cooking laptop near me I was running the DROID the last couple days (still sad I don't have it anymore lol)

-Well the only way you can have the programs install on the 8gb is if you do it yourself. I try not to keep any large programs on the /device so it should be ok. I will try to add some more useful programs later though

Guest mackrox
@ D.LABOSS lol thanks for giving me credit to think i would read that many lines lol. I use CERegEditor to compare registry entries. Only part thats work is figuring out what is what most of the time is kinda self explanatory.

@mackrox

-I never run my phone in landscape so yea its gonna have some buggs here and there I only use my phone in landscape when I watch videos.

I plan on adding more keyboard though so thats in the works.

-Go into the S2U2 settings u can set it to lock or dim screen better during calls.

-That GPS problem(u will find anything in that area is effected try going to something else) is a problem with the newer builds of Win 6.5.1 nothing I or any other chefs can do about it. I know me personally I only use that section for gps so i usually set my location on then reboot and I never have a reason to go back.

- its like pwr on.wav or .mp3 in the /windows folder I don't have my phone or cooking laptop near me I was running the DROID the last couple days (still sad I don't have it anymore lol)

-Well the only way you can have the programs install on the 8gb is if you do it yourself. I try not to keep any large programs on the /device so it should be ok. I will try to add some more useful programs later though

Thanks =). I figured the GPS issue was related to 6.5 - I think you told me before :D. I couldn't find anything about turning off the screen during a call in S2U2 Settings.. Is there any pending fix? I just want it to lock like default WM does..

And I can't find the startup files

Hows Android?

Thanks and good work =)

Guest MrCapcom

@chubbyboy88 until I get a new phone ill be at it for awhile lol

@mackrox lol yea I remember telling someone about the gps problem lol

As far as the lock got o s2u2 settings then go to Power then go to On Battery Power then go to Blank Screen on Talk go to save then ok or w/e and try calling ur voicemail it should blank the screen during call.

Startup Files should be like pwr_on.wav or something just look in the P section in /device/windows

Android is really really good the way I got the phone wasn't really going to be feasable so I returned it. I am on the verge of doing it again to get the DROID its a really nice phone and if you can get it its worth it. The keyboard isnt the greatest but its one of those things where u get used to it and compensate. The app store is fantastic the speed of the device is good so is the browsing when going on the internet. My upgrade isnt until like march or june or july one of those lol so hopefully something new ill be out but if not I might go and upgrade to the DROID. My logic behind going android and not windows mobile is only because I need/want a physical keyboard and more mem (we only have 98 i think droid has like 256 or something) Other than that I am happy with my Omnia so I can bare with somethings I don't like. As far as the touch though I didnt see a difference between capcitive and resisitve in respects to the omnia vs the droid. I did get a chance to test out the imagio at the VZ store and its a great phone too I just like the DROID alot better. Hopefully HTC Passion comes out or they announce another keyboard phone but if not hopefully when its time for me to upgrade ill get a DROID :-)

Hey Cap...

I read about what you said about the droid and the Android O/S I think your right on as far as the O/S.

I have 1 year to complete my 2 years contract. The Verizon rep said at my 1 year anniversary,

I can get a NEW phone, for the $199.00 (or what ever it is at the time) I renew.

I renew for 2 years plus a $20.. fee. I can repeat that a year later. I'm not breaking my contract I'm renewing it...

IF!!!, The Passion comes I'm gone Android

:D :(

Guest MrCapcom

yea unfortunely I just got my omnia like 6 mon ths ago so even if I wanted to do that I can't my wife's line however can around like july or w/e so i might get one then. Only problem with going with the passion or DROID around that time is there might be new phones coming towards the end of the year. And we know VZ usually gets its newer phones around Q4 (if the HD2 comes) so thats the only thing I'm worried about. I'm not all about whats the newest thing out but I wanted to get a snapdragon phone which should last me awhile, then if I went winmo I wouldnt want to get a phone till winmo 7 and a new decent winmo7 phone comes out i.e TP3 maybe? But because Android is made differently as far as resources and processor usage (built on linux) im pretty sure if I got a DROID i would be set for awhile until DROID 2 comes out or at least a decent Winmo7 phone. But as of right now If I had to recommend or get a new phone myself I would defintely get DROID only becase I see myself using it for awhile. If it had to be a windows mobile phone I would get a Touch Pro 2 hands down just cause I want a keyboard. If I was to wait and the passion came out I would get that instead of the DROID just for the snapdragon processor. The DROID is fast but I do notice some lag here and there but its nothing really be like omg don't get it. Oh and high quality youtube videos on the phone + verizon's fast network.... All I gotta say is I was blown away.

Edited by MrCapcom