MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest eclsnowman

Really fighting the Sleep of doom. It has locked and got stuck 10 times today. I haven't even installed anything yet. Am I the only one, or is this a WMB Branch thing, a S2U2 thing, ? I love the rom, but I am pulling my hair out since anytime I want to make or receive a call it has hung.

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest eclsnowman
I have had zero problems but hey maybe ill just take out s2u2 if its such a big problem whats been going on when it locked up? ur on 28008 right

I don't know exactly what has happened. But it might be 28008. I had the same problem with Liorites 28008. The phone locks, sleeps the phone, but will never respond when woken up. It stays black, and I need to pull the battery to get the phone back. As far as S2U2, it does seem to mess with my Phone-EX 2.02. When locked and a call comes in the green button doesn't answer the call and the slide-to-answer on Phone-EX doesn't respond with the first several swipes.

Great build by the way. We all deal with the little quirks in the name of flashing to the latest code, but every once and a while I get jeolous of my friends Android and Iphones because they just work. For a while I might go back to the 23075 base rom I cooked up a while back. Doesn't have some of the new features, but solid as a rock (only had to soft reset twice the whole time I ran it).

Guest MrCapcom

@rickhamilton620 Its not a issue its suppose to close out on X its a part of showcase. If you want to minimize just hit the power key or hit the showcase buttons (top right ) and go to home.

@eclsnowman Yea it might be the build I know 28004 is perfect for me so try that one.

Guest jbr05ki

I'm using your 28004 build and I'm still having the same issues as eclsnowman with the closing apps. Also is there a way to update S2u2 without reflashing?

Guest MrCapcom

update the four or so exe's in the /programfiles/s2u2

What you guys need to understand is that there are alot of options to s2u2 as far as making it work with other programs. I don't use Spam alert cause it has major mem/crashing issues.

Don't get me wrong its a hot program and I swore by it at one point but its just too much hastle for such a small amount of ram in our phones. Your gonna have to really tweak

s2u2 to work with Spam alert.

And that coule be a source of why everythign is crashing. Anywho personally I only ever have twinkini for my twitter running in the background at any givin time and s2u2 and thats it.

I never had any problems with crashing etc.

If this continues to be a problem ill take out s2u2 in the next release

Edited by MrCapcom

Guest jbr05ki

I DLed a cab and it installs over the old one and saves the settings as well. But now the settings are in that utility folder and a new folder was made in the Programs list. haha

Guest eclsnowman
If this continues to be a problem ill take out s2u2 in the next release

I went back and tried your 15a build 23088, and it is solid as a rock with all my apps loaded (even SRSwow which can cause the sleep of death issues). I don't think S2U2 is the issue. I am now convinced it is a WM DEV branch issue 28***. It happens on Waremike, Lioryte, Robstorms, and your build (no matter what I had installed). I think 23088 will serve me well for a while since it has most the bugs worked out, and 23088 has all the same apps as 28008. PS: my battery life has been great today. Still at 88% with some web surfing, calls and 5 different email accounts poping and imaping away every 15 minutes.

As always thanks for all the hard work you put in, and your attention to detail and clean look go unmatched. Keep up the good work.

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest solarone
I don't know exactly what has happened. But it might be 28008. I had the same problem with Liorites 28008. The phone locks, sleeps the phone, but will never respond when woken up. It stays black, and I need to pull the battery to get the phone back. As far as S2U2, it does seem to mess with my Phone-EX 2.02. When locked and a call comes in the green button doesn't answer the call and the slide-to-answer on Phone-EX doesn't respond with the first several swipes.

Great build by the way. We all deal with the little quirks in the name of flashing to the latest code, but every once and a while I get jeolous of my friends Android and Iphones because they just work. For a while I might go back to the 23075 base rom I cooked up a while back. Doesn't have some of the new features, but solid as a rock (only had to soft reset twice the whole time I ran it).

Solarone Here.....I Had The Same Problem...Phone Shutting Off....I Just Reflashed To CF03 Base....... Then To 28008....Problem Solved.....Hope This Helps.....

Guest DirtySanchez
I have had zero problems but hey maybe ill just take out s2u2 if its such a big problem whats been going on when it locked up? ur on 28008 right

Cap.

I really like this ROM but the only thing i would say is lose S2U2 its full of problems the major one i have always run into is the loss of the clock if you set the weather settings i think the stock unlock is better even tho s2u2 has much more to it. Past that your choice in icons & over all layout i have always liked keep up the great work.

Guest rickhamilton620
@rickhamilton620 Its not a issue its suppose to close out on X its a part of showcase. If you want to minimize just hit the power key or hit the showcase buttons (top right ) and go to home.

@eclsnowman Yea it might be the build I know 28004 is perfect for me so try that one.

Awesome, Yeah I've just been doing what you said now lol! Works Great!

Thanks again! :D

Guest MrCapcom

@DirtySanchez I personally only use s2u2 for the lock and the clock and w/e default notfication are there. I know it has problems as far as battery issues when u try to run the extra features but I usually don't so I never see these problems. I love s2u2 and only problem i ever have with it was fixed in the 2.12 and up. But I can always remove it from the rom though. When the next build ill make a decsision

Guest eclsnowman
But I can always remove it from the rom though. When the next build ill make a decision

My opinion is keep it in. I have not problems with S2U2 on 28004, or 23088. I am loving S2U2 again. I had forgot how nice all the notifications were on the lock screen, and control over S2P with the screen locked is great.

My 2cents.

Guest DirtySanchez
@DirtySanchez I personally only use s2u2 for the lock and the clock and w/e default notfication are there. I know it has problems as far as battery issues when u try to run the extra features but I usually don't so I never see these problems. I love s2u2 and only problem i ever have with it was fixed in the 2.12 and up. But I can always remove it from the rom though. When the next build ill make a decsision

Ya im still not sure why if you use the any of the notifications it makes the clock numbers go away it would be nice to have the option to turn it off, past iLock2, or remove it. Its a real bummer too i have always liked s2u2 on all the smart phones that i have owned but i have always run into problems with it as well. Also can u add a diffrent lock screen where the slide is at the bottom. I also wished there was more to the default lock screen like the weather in s2u2.

Guest MrCapcom

Then agian I modded this s2u2 to work with the skin maybe the skin doesnt have everything for weather. I don't use it so of course I never tried it. If I want weather ill unlock and use Titanium 4.2. if you want to stop using s2u2 just delete the link out of the /startup folder in windows and reboot. I can probally change the lockscreen of the orginal windows mobile 6.5 but I can't add weather as far as I know. Stay tuned im currently working on a project with another cook... whoops I gave away too much already (n_n)

Guest DirtySanchez
Then agian I modded this s2u2 to work with the skin maybe the skin doesnt have everything for weather. I don't use it so of course I never tried it. If I want weather ill unlock and use Titanium 4.2. if you want to stop using s2u2 just delete the link out of the /startup folder in windows and reboot. I can probally change the lockscreen of the orginal windows mobile 6.5 but I can't add weather as far as I know. Stay tuned im currently working on a project with another cook... whoops I gave away too much already (n_n)

Sounds good, O and good choice on the over all skins :D

I am aware that its not that easy or may not be possible but would be nice for some more to the default lock screen,

I like new projects & playing test subject so bring it. :(

Guest jbr05ki

I updated to your latest rom and so far so good. Battery life was way better than before. No apps closing on me. I finally decided to ditch SPB MS 3.5.1 and I'm starting to like this phone stock. Have you tried "Tell Me"? It's pretty cool. You gotta have Voice Command installed to use it though.

Guest jbr05ki

dang. My phone just went to sleep and wouldn't wake up. I hit the reset button on top and now it's stuck on the loading screen. Had to pull out the battery to get it to twerk again.