MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest Solarswordsman
LOL its always something what did u use before to do it obex inbox?

Yup, OBEX, you have it disabled by default... I enabled it in advanced settings, but when I try to connect with my computer it says device doesn't have the proper service. :)

Any way to get the smooth kinetic scrolling back in latest release? noticed you are not using FLtouch driver. any chance at updating the rom to include this. i think some others have it and it improves scrolling. correct me if i am wrong. i get all kinds of problems if i try to install it on my own. basically i am getting the samsung click scrolling and would like the smooth. thanks.

also noticed there is no data disconnect under buttons. i see it in some other roms of the same build. ?

otherwise absolutely love it so far, icons are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by cmalone

Guest eclsnowman
Any way to get the smooth kinetic scrolling back in latest release? noticed you are not using FLtouch driver. any chance at updating the rom to include this. i think some others have it and it improves scrolling. correct me if i am wrong. i get all kinds of problems if i try to install it on my own. basically i am getting the samsung click scrolling and would like the smooth. thanks.

also noticed there is no data disconnect under buttons. i see it in some other roms of the same build. ?

otherwise absolutely love it so far, icons are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go here, download the cab, install and do nothing else.

ill add obex and the kinetic scrolling back in nextbuild im going to be updating 7 to 7.1 soon

kinetic scrolling makes this rom about perfect for me! Looking forward

also, Is there a way for me to get to "INPUT" in "SETTINGS" I noticed you took it out of the "PERSONAL" options

Edited by snapz54

Guest chubbyboy88
I was trying to remember if your lock slider has been moved to bottom.

If possible, you would be my hero for life because this rom has everything else.

I also would like the lock back at the bottom and mms does not seem to be working properly

Guest eclsnowman
I also would like the lock back at the bottom and mms does not seem to be working properly

I like it on the top because it is easier to reach one handed (long fingers)... but I usually add S2U2 because I want more than the next one appointment. If someone could hack the WM lockscreen to have more than one appointment I would never need S2U2 again.

Guest MrCapcom

Anywho updated 23047 with some fixes

7.1 Changes

Fixed Windows live

Fixed 1% Driver

Added back in

Obex Inbox

icontacts

Bluetooth Broker Fix

Kinetic Scrolling

Added

XDA_UC

Added Note: If you find MMS not working go to start messaging then inbox mms then go to menu and mms options then go to profile then go to data connection and go to data connection should fix ur problem

**** EDIT****

Updated sys/xip current version is 23049 now

Edited by MrCapcom

Guest eclsnowman

Just checking in. Saw 23049 which looks great... but why the 20mb jump in bin size. V7.1=66.162mb and V8=85.3mb. Does this correlate to free space on Rom once installed, or is this just a compression issue on bin file?

Keep up the good work brother.

Also did you see the 23412 build out there. I love the new contacts interface... pretty soon we won't need icontact (no offense to Doug Melton over at supware, he makes a great product).

Guest MrCapcom
Just checking in. Saw 23049 which looks great... but why the 20mb jump in bin size. V7.1=66.162mb and V8=85.3mb. Does this correlate to free space on Rom once installed, or is this just a compression issue on bin file?

Keep up the good work brother.

Also did you see the 23412 build out there. I love the new contacts interface... pretty soon we won't need icontact (no offense to Doug Melton over at supware, he makes a great product).

Yea well 412 is old as far as the two branches anywho ill look into it thats kinda the only reason why i have icontacts cause i hate the windows one.

Dunno about the sizes im pretty sure i changed something here or there or might have not compressed correctly don't worry about it :-)

Guest MakoEyes88

Hey, I'm having a problem selecting the icon "Motion Sensor" to make the phone change orientation, but it just won't open. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've had the same problem since V6.

Other than that I love this rom, great style and fast.

thanks, Capcom

Edited by MakoEyes88

Guest MrCapcom
Hey, I'm having a problem selecting the icon "Motion Sensor" to make the phone change orientation, but it just won't open. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've had the same problem since V6.

Other than that I love this rom, great style and fast.

thanks, Capcom

yea i took it out I never use the phone in landscape unless a program does it. I'll fix it back in later best bet is to go to buttons and change one of ur buttons to rotate ur screen ill have it fixed

Guest MrCapcom

@snapz54 its the build for w/e reason the newer build does this I have yet to find a fix another mess up from MS

@cmalone I dunno exactly how kinetic scrolling should be lol I just put back in the TouchSL or TouchFloSL program

that was in there before. I will mess around with it but it seems like thats a build issue I kinda like the rom without

the TouchFloSL drivers installed.

Yeah, whatever you feel is best. i just have used other roms that are smooth and don't have that clicking. i have tried to ask others how they are doing it and i get no answer-maybe THEY don't know......thanks

Guest brandon g
for space I don't use it. I personally have a zune pass and I sync my music to my cell from that.

And don't you have to have the sammy headphone thingy for the fm radio to work?

Is there a way to sync to the phone through the zune software???

Guest eclsnowman
Yeah, whatever you feel is best. i just have used other roms that are smooth and don't have that clicking. i have tried to ask others how they are doing it and i get no answer-maybe THEY don't know......thanks

Install FtouchSL trial and don't enable anything (trial replaces the hacked samsung 6.1 .dll that causes our problems from time to time). Sometimes since 23047 and 23409 smooth scrolling works and sometimes it doesn't (I know because I have loaded every rom on this forum for the last 3 months) it depends on what files are getting cooked together.

I just install FtouchSL and Touchresponse cabs regardless now, they don't hurt anything and I like the haptic feedback from touchresponce (change setting to 11 under touch response properties).

Happy flashing.

Guest MrCapcom
Is there a way to sync to the phone through the zune software???

No but this is what I do and it works depending on how u use your licenses.

1st you need a Zune Pass

2nd Updated windows media player (i think its up to 11)

Connect ur phone and let media player pick it up as a mp3 device if it doesnt then change it to storage

Download the music thru zune pass then sync with windows mobile.

Zune software only lets u connect zunes but you donwload WMA's for the Zune pass and the license states that you have the right to listen to it to your computer

and any device that connects to your computer so only thing that reads wma's and the license right is WMP.

Thats how I do it anyway but who knows if it still works with the new Zune 4.0 out I love my 120gb Zune so I don't do it as much anymore (the trick)

Guest chubbyboy88

I'm experiencing a couple of bug with v8.The missed call counter doesnt go away even after I checked the missed calls.Programs when I try to close them the usually freeze instead of close Those are the only two I found.

Guest MrCapcom
I'm experiencing a couple of bug with v8.The missed call counter doesnt go away even after I checked the missed calls.Programs when I try to close them the usually freeze instead of close Those are the only two I found.

Yea I havent gotten the missed call problem but I have had like freezing on regular apps. I will see if its something I did or its just the 23049 build. IMO stick with 7.1 runs a lot better

Guest Bomama94
Yea I havent gotten the missed call problem but I have had like freezing on regular apps. I will see if its something I did or its just the 23049 build. IMO stick with 7.1 runs a lot better

What are the differences between 7.1 and 8.0 besides that 7.1 is more stable. I'm about to flash to one of your roms for the first time because of how good the screenshots for 8.0 look. Great work.

Guest Bomama94

I just flashed to 7.1 and all I can say is wow, I've been missing out. Ive been with bgill forever and have always been happy but so far this rom takes the cake. I guess you just think like me because everything is the way I like it. The buttons, icons, the start menu, the battery, the wallpaper, and just everything. Oh and the shutoff screen is hilarious. Everything is just straight money. Anyways thought you'd like to hear some praise. Oh and by the way Touch Response makes the rom feel a lot more responsive hence the name but anyways I have it in my Sashimi backup folder and it just makes your rom that much better so just a suggestion for future roms you might want to include touch response but if you don't thats fine too. Peace.

Bomama94

Guest MrCapcom

@Bomama94 Thanks alot I like hearing people say they like my rom lol it makes me want to keep making them :-) Touch Response wasnt needed because 7.1 has it fixed, where as build 23409 had a lot of touch issues related to the actual build. Umm version 8 I'm not liking that much I had close to zero problems with 7.1 more or less mysterious problems lol and I added back in FLtouchSL or w/e its called to help the touch but it seems to just make things worst. I'm totally not sure but I do know there is a new build out and I will make a 8.1 which hopefully will fix somethings I personally didnt like about the build. But I will make a 8.1 tomm if I have time at work mondays are usually busy :-)