WM6.5, 23103 + 21634 (+21893 BETA) Lite Roms - HIDE21

Guest Nicklashidegard

Guest mr fantastic
This ROM runs very smooth, but i can't connect with internet anymore. How can i solve this problem?

Me too :)

Edit

After an hard reset internet goes and activesync too

Edited by mr fantastic

Guest PayAndCry
Me too :)

Edit

After an hard reset internet goes and activesync too

Are you kidding? It didn´t work with an hard reset :)

€dit: WTF? It suddenly connected itself to the internet :)

Edited by PayAndCry

Guest scottath

I noted that you included the dusk lock screen - what about the rest of dusk - is that installable at all (or is it made for another phone and had to be ported?)

Im downloading the latest build atm - slowley for some reason (~30kb/s - my torrent was going at 800kb/s before)

Guest Nicklashidegard
Are you kidding? It didn´t work with an hard reset :)

€dit: WTF? It suddenly connected itself to the internet :)

if anyone is having probs with connections, choose a different providet from yours, wait 30 sec then switch back to your own. all settings will then be configured automatically. also go settings, connections. browser comnections and tick auto detect.

if you get an atplugininstaller error at startup on neo, do anotjer hard reset and it sgould b fine.

im on the m2d rom posting this using gprs and it works. active sync and wifi also works, ive got all my contacts on outlook and transfer via activesync after every flash.

good luck everyone

Guest Kamal Lalwani

I am not responsible for any damage that may be caused before, during or after the flash. It’s entirely at your own risk.

Theses ROMs are DXID1 base and normal page pool. I've done loads of work on the SYS and they are both mega fast, like nothing you've ever tried before!!! This is a very fast and stable build with a lot of issues like double tapping sorted.

Same flashing procedure as normal (see here)

11th Sep, Build 23047:

Changes M2D Version:

- Lots of changes to SYS resulting in a turbo charged ROM, seems as fast as WM 6.1 (gotto try it to belive it).

- Removed SRS WOW

- Removed Live Messenger, Voice Command and Solitaire

- Removed Total Commander (not 100% compatible with new UI)

- Added Bluetooth Tooggle (see here)Thanks to sector for introducing it to omnia.

- Added SD Tuneup

- Touchresponse added (go to Settings/system/Touchresponse. Then click on Device tab, change dropdown menu to 11)

- Added Taskswitcher (swipe finger from bottom of screen to the top)

- Dusk Lockscreen (Originally developed by Grzegorz10 @ Xda and ported to the Omnia by Sector.)

- added smart converter and smart reader

- Added PIM Backup for easy backup

XDA UC (auto installation of progs/reg entries etc. etc.)

Included in this ROM is XDA UC, which is a brilliant way of installing all your usual cabs after a flash using mort script. The process is fully automatic and requires no user intervention (unless you want to install onto My storage/ Storage card). It will commence a few seconds after starting up and MUST NOT BE INTERRUPTED. Readmore about it HERE. This is how to do it:

1. Create a XDA_UC folder on the root of your storage card. In this folder, copy all the cabs you want to have installed onto the main memory.

2. In the XDA_UC folder, create a folder called SD. In this folder, place all the cabs that want to install onto Storage card/ My Storage. You will have get the option where to install them. Please note, if you install a cab that needs restarting after install (e.g Office), DO NOT restart, wait til everything’s installed and then restart manually (You will get a message when it’s all done)

That’s it!! Please read the original thread over at xda-developers as it explain this in a lot more detail. You can also restore registry tweaks, themes etc. Etc.

Download 23047 - M2D Only

Download 23047 - Neo Titanium

Screenshots M2D:

ScreenShot1.jpgScreenShot3.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpgScreenShot5.jpg

Screenshots Neo Titanium:

ScreenShot1.jpgScreenShot2.jpg

ScreenShot4.jpgScreenShot5.jpg

For modifying taskbars, icons etc etc.. Check out Nicosxri's Thread or Krazy Radd's Thread

For different lockscreens, see Airreak's Thread.

Manilla 2D (Big Thanks to Shokka9 !!!!):

This can be regarded as a fairly lite ROM, with only the essentials added. It includes things like M2DC, M2D app launcer, HTC album, HTC Audio Manager + all the addons that the Titanium ROM has..

I've also added Chobit Smart lock.

There's no Google maps included in the rom, but it's attached to this post (place it into the XDA_UC folder, more further down this post). If not installed to main memory the Location tab won't work.

I've also removed Opera + Office, but they can be placed in the SD folder and be installed to My storage / Storage card.

Neo Titanium (Big thanks to Blazingwolf, see his thread HERE):

Removed: most things

Kept/added:

.net 3.5 + Flash

Advanced config

Clear Temp

Bluetooth Toggle

SDTuneup

No Data

HTC Task manager

Shake + Save

Torch Button

psShutXP

Black Skins..

Total Commmander

Office

FM Radio

Favourite Settings

Task Switcher

Clean Ram

Ever app (stop autoclosing of apps)

Google Maps 3.2 Layers (M2D only)

Disabled Error REporting

Disabled SAmsung Dialer Skin

Disables Security - Doesn't warn on unsigned cabs.

Archives:

23037 - M2D Only

23037 - Neo Titanium

23016 - M2D only

23016 - Neo Titanium

To customize titanium/WM6.5 further see this thread.

Most things removed you can find HERE or HERE.

Big thanks to all the omnia chefs, especially Shokka9 (One of the best chefs around) and Blazingwolf for Neo Titanium (which IMHO is how titanium should have looked).

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP TO POST A MIRROR ON RAPIDSHARE

Guest The_Lightning

Hello and since this is my first post, I want to congratulate you for all your effort and accomplishments. For me, your build (the M2d one) is the best until now. It has almost all the things that i personally feel that are the most relevant ones.

So, I'm writing just to ask if is there any solution for the zooming of the titlebar (where the battery icon is located). It works perfectly on the neo titanium, but not on the M2D. When I press on the tittlebar, only the volume and the taskbar manager works. I saw some posts that refer that as a bug in these new versions, but I haven't found a solution, yet. Is there any?

Best Regards

Guest The_Lightning

Hello and since this is my first post, I want to congratulate you for all your effort and accomplishments. For me, your build (the M2d one) is the best until now. It has almost all the things that i personally feel that are the most relevant ones.

So, I'm writing just to ask if is there any solution for the zooming of the titlebar (where the battery icon is located). It works perfectly on the neo titanium, but not on the M2D. When I press on the tittlebar, only the volume and the taskbar manager works. I saw some posts that refer that as a bug in these new versions, but I haven't found a solution, yet. Is there any?

Best Regards

Guest Nicklashidegard

Best Regards

As far as i know it won't work in this build, for anyone. We'll have to wait for newer builds and hope it gets sorted.

Thanks for the good words, appreciated!!

Great ROM Nicklashidegard m8! (Inesoft Phone5 also doesn't autokill m2d, as u promised). Love yor build and appreciate all the hard work. Keep it up!

Got 2 minor questions/suggestions for future builds:

1. Why did you remove internet connection sharing? it hardly consumes any space at all, and it's a bitch to set up maunaly (if you set it up from the CAB, u don't get any easy shortcuts- you have to dig in windows dir, find it, and manualy creat start menu shortcut- not too hard, but still took me a little while to find what's the exe name and where is it installed... why not just leave that one in?)

2. Why don't you (and all the other cooks for that matter) just enable threaded SMS in these ROMs by default, thus bypassing that annoying SMS reply bug? It's not too hard to configure that after the install, of course, but consider that not all your ROM users are tech savvy and know how to do it, or even know that that is indeed a workaround to the problem. As it stands, unthreaded SMS just doesn't work right, so why not just enabling threaded SMS as default and make everyone's life easyer?

Again m8, I love your work. keep it up!

Guest Nicklashidegard
Great ROM Nicklashidegard m8! (Inesoft Phone5 also doesn't autokill m2d, as u promised). Love yor build and appreciate all the hard work. Keep it up!

Got 2 minor questions/suggestions for future builds:

1. Why did you remove internet connection sharing? it hardly consumes any space at all, and it's a bitch to set up maunaly (if you set it up from the CAB, u don't get any easy shortcuts- you have to dig in windows dir, find it, and manualy creat start menu shortcut- not too hard, but still took me a little while to find what's the exe name and where is it installed... why not just leave that one in?)

2. Why don't you (and all the other cooks for that matter) just enable threaded SMS in these ROMs by default, thus bypassing that annoying SMS reply bug? It's not too hard to configure that after the install, of course, but consider that not all your ROM users are tech savvy and know how to do it, or even know that that is indeed a workaround to the problem. As it stands, unthreaded SMS just doesn't work right, so why not just enabling threaded SMS as default and make everyone's life easyer?

Again m8, I love your work. keep it up!

Cheers for the feedback, i'll leave the internet sharing in in the next rom, it doesn't take up space, you're right.. And as far as i know, threaded SMS is on by default, i always use it and i had to go through a lot of trouble disableing it when someone had a problem with non-threaded sms.. Personally i have no problems with SMS (and never had) apart from 15 texts which is stored on my SIM from an old phone.. It's only SIM sms which is a problem as far as i know..

Thank you, i need feedback to improve the roms, it's very important!! :)

Cheers for the feedback,

Thank you, i need feedback to improve the roms, it's very important!! :)

Great ROM mate. Thank you kindly for your hard work.

Had a problem with Sector's ROM but it seems that the bug is not in yours:

My XT9 word suggestion/completion window on Samsung keyboards would disappear after leaving phone idle for about an hour. A soft Reset would cure it.

After 12 hours on your ROM the problem has not appeared again which is great.

Similar to Secor's ROMs though the Options under settings/personal/input/Samsung keyboard/Options give overlayed screen corruption.

Not a big issue as the typing with XT9 word suggestion works fine (I have big fingers so need that and Samsung Phonepad for typing)

Thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers

PS: Love SMSDRFIX for doing reverse lookups when I get a voicemail notification. Instead of getting a number, the above will lookup through my contacts and substitute a name for the number which make things really easy:-)

Guest pollo17385

hello everyone !

greats works here ....i have a bad english and also a problem with opera>

opera stars normally but then few seconds later it closes alone sudenlly !!!!

can anyone help me ????

thanks

Guest Nicklashidegard
hello everyone !

greats works here ....i have a bad english and also a problem with opera>

opera stars normally but then few seconds later it closes alone sudenlly !!!!

can anyone help me ????

thanks

I had the same problem with opera, on several versions of opera (and only on modaco.com strangely :) )..

Try using everapp to stop it closing (it's cooked into the rom).. might solve the problem.. I normally use Internet explorer now without any problems.

Guest Nicklashidegard
Great ROM mate. Thank you kindly for your hard work.

Had a problem with Sector's ROM but it seems that the bug is not in yours:

My XT9 word suggestion/completion window on Samsung keyboards would disappear after leaving phone idle for about an hour. A soft Reset would cure it.

After 12 hours on your ROM the problem has not appeared again which is great.

Similar to Secor's ROMs though the Options under settings/personal/input/Samsung keyboard/Options give overlayed screen corruption.

Not a big issue as the typing with XT9 word suggestion works fine (I have big fingers so need that and Samsung Phonepad for typing)

Thanks again for your hard work.

Cheers

PS: Love SMSDRFIX for doing reverse lookups when I get a voicemail notification. Instead of getting a number, the above will lookup through my contacts and substitute a name for the number which make things really easy:-)

I see what you mean with the screen corruption, but i think that's something to to with the build. All os these wm6.5 builds are beta and they will all have bugs (in some form). We're already miles ahead of the builds that will be realeased officially in october (HTC will release 21849, old style UI :) ). Hopefully m$ will sort it for the future..

Guest pollo17385
I had the same problem with opera, on several versions of opera (and only on modaco.com strangely :) )..

Try using everapp to stop it closing (it's cooked into the rom).. might solve the problem.. I normally use Internet explorer now without any problems.

Ok i'll try, i didn't remember the everapp...thanks, your work is really good. :)

About the modaco.com part it's true... :) ....really strange

Thanks from Uruguay !!

Guest c0dehunter

MediaFire obviously sucks as I have tried 4 times already (timespan 6 hours) to download but all i get is 27kB..

Next time try using ShareBee which will distribute your file to multiple hosts. Untill then we all must wait with our old ROMs I guess :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
MediaFire obviously sucks as I have tried 4 times already (timespan 6 hours) to download but all i get is 27kB..

Next time try using ShareBee which will distribute your file to multiple hosts. Untill then we all must wait with our old ROMs I guess :)

i'll try and get a mirror up.... Mediafire does work for a lot of peeps, but some do struggle.. i'll look into sharebee

Guest c0dehunter

Thanks mate, you'll do a the same quantity of work, ShareBee will automatically distribute files for you so we all will be able to download even if one or two hosts get down...

Guest Nicklashidegard
Thanks mate, you'll do a the same quantity of work, ShareBee will automatically distribute files for you so we all will be able to download even if one or two hosts get down...

Sharebee link added for M2D version, check back later for NEO. I'll prolly upload the FloTanium as well to sharebee later..