[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

Nice, gcouch!

Now you've got the hang of it. :)

* Waits for the release *

Ok.....done as much as i can with the clocks/layout that suits me....unless anyone has any suggestions :) Just trying to find a good wallpaper that suits the Nixie clock style now

I have attached the cabs for the Original Nixie clock, and 2 green ones also. Just install then hit update.

Still using Jumba's original .plg file, so if you want the same layout as me, then download my tweaked JMLToday Jumba Solo Digital 2.zip, unzip and copy the attached .plg into Program Files/JMLToday overwriting the one in there (backup the original first). You will need to choose the JML Today_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2 skin for this to take effect. I'll try my own skin next time :)

post-552564-1252786596_thumb.pngpost-552564-1252786615_thumb.png

post-552564-1252786690_thumb.pngpost-552564-1252786707_thumb.png

JMLToday_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2.zip

NixieClockOriginal.CAB

NixieClockGreen1.CAB

NixieClockGreen2.CAB

Edited by gcouch

Guest TheDrizzle

I'm trying to get this working and i'm getting a strange error trying to set my city for the weather. When I go to "Settings" -> "Modify City" I get an error dialog saying "Unknown function readline. Line: line = ReadLine(cities)". And I just get little green circles with a triangle in it instead of my weather icons. My guess is this is some sort of MortScript issue or something, any advice would appreciated! I included a screen capture of the error.

***EDIT NEVERMIND****

The ROM I had was on Mortscript 4.1. I installed the 4.2 cab from the site and it is working now!

post-260096-1252791817_thumb.png

Edited by TheDrizzle

its what I was Looking For!!!

you took the words right out of my mouth bgil this is SEXY also why is that time on the right bottom an hr off mine does the same thing one more thing why is it in four day weather the days are all in a row not down on the blank panels

Edited by maxtcee

Hi guys, I'm loving this! ;)

gcouch, you're doing a fantastic job, the nixie clocks and tweaked layouts look top notch. You may want to cab your skins as well, same way as you cab clocks, just tell your .inf to copy the skin file to the JMLToday folder. Maybe call it something like JMLToday_Jumba_gcouch_Solo_Nixie.plg - that way the user can have all skins available. :)

Regarding the modified Analog_Duo skin, if you want to retain the day/night switching you'll need to do a few more things before cabbing. I would prefer if you released a version with this functionality still intact, as well as a non-switching version if possible.

Whenever JMLToday updates it checks to see if your skin has an associated JMLSpecial file. If it finds one it will run it after updating. The JMLSpecial file is simply a mortscript with extra instructions for JMLToday to carry out after updating. In this case, the script queries the time and, if it's 8pm, it copies the "night" clock face to your current clock folder, making a backup of the original. If the script determines it's 6am it replaces the night clock face with the backup version, thus restoring the "day" clock face.

So, you need to make a copy of JMLSpecial_Jumba_Analog_Duo.mscr and name it JMLSpecial_yourskinnname.mscr

Then the night clock face "clock_bg.png" should be installed to \JMLLibrary\Graphics\common\isNight\

It's just a matter of making a new .inf with instructions to install JMLToday_yourskinname.plg and JMLSpecial_yourskinname.mscr to \Program Files\JMLToday - and to copy the file clock_bg.png to \Program Files\JMLLibrary\Graphics\common\isNight

If you need any help feel free to ask. :)

@bga7x, great stuff! Playing around with layouts makes for a nice break from the kitchen, eh? :)

@maxtcee, the time in the lower right is the time you last updated. Also I'm not sure what you mean by your second question. A screenshot says a thousand words. :)

Edited by Jumba

@bga7x, great stuff! Playing around with layouts makes for a nice break from the kitchen, eh? :)

Yes Indeed!!! a Very Nice Break!here is my final of this Plg now Im messing with your Digital one!!

post-502174-1252855972_thumb.png

Edited by bga7x

heres mine changed some fonts around still tinkering with it Screen02-2.jpgScreen04-2.jpg this is what im talking about the 4 day weather is all in a row not down on the bottom like the solo plg

Edited by maxtcee

Oh, I see what you mean now. Looks like the weather page from the Analog_Duo skin. gcouch, wanna change it back to Page2 from the Solo skin?

oops missed that one :)

updated .plg attached

maxtcee.....open up the attached plg, scroll down until you see JML Today : Meteo page 2. Copy everything down to <Layer ID="JMLTodayCondensed"> and then paste into your plg overwriting the same section.

JMLToday_Jumba_Analog_Duo_2.zip

oops missed that one :)

updated .plg attached

maxtcee.....open up the attached plg, scroll down until you see JML Today : Meteo page 2. Copy everything down to <Layer ID="JMLTodayCondensed"> and then paste into your plg overwriting the same section.

JMLToday_Jumba_Analog_Duo_2.zip

got ya thanks bro that didnt work just took the image from the top off completely

Edited by maxtcee

Guest Michelle My Belle
Ok.....done as much as i can with the clocks/layout that suits me....unless anyone has any suggestions :) Just trying to find a good wallpaper that suits the Nixie clock style now

I have attached the cabs for the Original Nixie clock, and 2 green ones also. Just install then hit update.

Still using Jumba's original .plg file, so if you want the same layout as me, then download my tweaked JMLToday Jumba Solo Digital 2.zip, unzip and copy the attached .plg into Program Files/JMLToday overwriting the one in there (backup the original first). You will need to choose the JML Today_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2 skin for this to take effect. I'll try my own skin next time :)

Fantastic gcouch - reall lovely work.

I promise to download real soon and give them a try - like orange for daytime and green for night ... :)

Guys this thread is ... awesome, really good.

Great work coming out here - keep it up :)

Michelle My Belle

Guest Michelle My Belle
Nice, gcouch!

Now you've got the hang of it. :)

* Waits for the release *

I've also been playing... :)

testc.jpg

Whooooah Jumba.

Like where are you at!

This is way too cool bro, so retro. I absolutely love it - I would enjoy having this type of creation adorning my Omnia ;)

If you cab it - they will come :) ... ok I would install it... and now you've really got me thinking (a request - not another :) ), how about an MJD clock - maybe like part of a duo pack. So one clock is standard the other is MJD - would be very useful to me in my work too.

What do you think?

Regads,

Michelle My Belle

Hey everyone, update your JMLPanex. Version 1.0 has been released. :)

If you cab it - they will come wink.gif ... ok I would install it... and now you've really got me thinking (a request - not another rolleyes.gif ), how about an MJD clock - maybe like part of a duo pack. So one clock is standard the other is MJD - would be very useful to me in my work too.

What do you think?

Hi MMB, what is an MJD clock? :)

Great skins! Do you know if there is anyway to get this panel to recognize seconds in the clock? Either digital or analog?

Hi jmart518, thanks for the kind words! Right now JMLToday doesn't show seconds - I think it would increase battery drain. But if I find a way to get it to work I'll let you know. :)

The new skin is coming along... black looks cool.

brandnew.jpg

Edited by Jumba

Hi Jumba.

MJD = Modified Julian Date.

Here is a cool link that shows (in order):

1. Local time.

2. UTC.

3. MJD.

http://www.leapsecond.com/m/mjd.htm

(forgot the link) - Doh!

Ah, ic now. That might be difficult. It's really something for the devs to take a look at as that sort of functionality is hard-coded into the app. I just make the skins. :)

btw, your creation is looking wonderful - I really like it.

Regards,

Michelle My Belle

Thanks. :) It's taking a while cause there's all sorts of custom scripting still to do. But I like where it's going.

Hi there Jumba.

I'm trying JMLPanex, just installed it and looked for the Jmltoday.pnx

I'm using the example one and don't know how to config them to do the thing i want to do.

Um, I have the slanted theme and, nowadays, the e-mail, sms, and call history buttons work.

Bt, Wifi and the another one doesn't work. And If I tap the time, nothing happens.

Hi there Jumba.

I'm trying JMLPanex, just installed it and looked for the Jmltoday.pnx

I'm using the example one and don't know how to config them to do the thing i want to do.

Um, I have the slanted theme and, nowadays, the e-mail, sms, and call history buttons work.

Bt, Wifi and the another one doesn't work. And If I tap the time, nothing happens.

Hi Henxu, what you need to do is copy the updated JMLToday.pnx file I linked in the first post, to \Program Files\JMLPanex on your device - and overwrite the file that's already there. That will fix the bluetooth and wifi buttons. You aren't able to click the clock in the Slanted skin, because only items on the focus bar are clickable. Since the clock is outside the focus bar, nothing will happen. :)

Edited by Jumba