[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

Here I'm working on some extra weather icons...

Works great, Thanks

Nice icons! I was looking at converting those, but since you're on it. :) Please won't you share your new weather icons when you're done?

Edited by Jumba

Guest sasohamer
Here's a skin I've just finished and thought I'd share it with you. JMLToday is a WM6.5 Titanium plugin, so it's for WM6.5 only ;)

Featuring a new custom interface, new weather icons, dual time zone analog clocks, day/night clock face switching, etc.

pmd.jpglmn2.jpgpw.jpg

lmd.jpglmn4.jpg

lw2.jpg

Update: Due to popular demand I've made a digital version.

pdm.jpgpdw.jpg

ldm2.jpgldw2.jpg

To install:

1. Install Mortscript, the latest JMLToday and JMLibrary

Make sure you have Mortscript 4.2 and at least JMLToday 5.3b installed as well as v.2 of JMLLibrary. Run the program (JMLToday) once before continuing.

2. Create a blank panel with CHome Editor (only for the analog skin)

Next, this is important, download CHome Editor from here and create a new blank panel, like in the screenshots below. Position this below JMLToday and click "Save Order". This creates some extra room below the JMLToday panel. Note, I am working on a version that won't require this step, but will have less vertical space to work with.

step1.pngstep2.pngstep3.png

3. Install the cabs

Download and install the .cabs from this post in sequence...

a. "Analog_Clock_2" for the foreground clock, "Analog_Clock3_b" for the background. If you already have Analog_Clock2 installed then you can skip it - but do install Analog_Clock3_b! (only for the analog skin)

b. "Katra's Weather Icons v.2 Smaller" - If you already have these then skip this step.

c. "Jumba_Glass_Icons" - Needed for the theme.

d. "Jumba_Analog_Duo_Skin_WQVGA" / "Jumba_Digital_WQVGA" - The main skin files.

4. Install Skin

Open JMLToday and select "Change Skin". Then press Update!

The day/night switching clocks are set to change between 8pm and 6am. This isn't automatic though, you still have to press "Update" to see the change.

And yeah, I know Titanium loves to mess up the layout when switching between portrait/landscape. Just hit Settings > Refresh Titanium to fix it.

Enjoy. :)

PS - Why so many cabs? So you can uninstall, say, the skin and still be able to use the icons for other skins. Cool. ;) Let me know if there are any problems.

Full thanks go to Katra and Albook for the icon inspiration!

Make sure to install to My Device, not My Storage or Storage Card. <_<

I install everything but when I chose skin everything is gone,I cant see it on today screen,HELP PLEASE ??? :)

Uninstall and try again.

The only instance where the panel disappears entirely is if you've selected the wrong skin in JMLToday.

Please know that on first install only three skins are compatible with the Omnia's res...

JMLToday

Jumba_Analog_Duo

Jumba_Digital

If you select any of the others the panel will disappear - as they're designed only for VGA resolution.

Hope that helps.

Guest Mothamoz
I install everything but when I chose skin everything is gone,I cant see it on today screen,HELP PLEASE ??? :)

Don't get angry, jumba is trying his best to help everyone, spending alot of his spare time.

You get attitude = You gtfo ;)

Edited by Mothamoz

Guest lioryte
Nice icons! I was looking at converting those, but since you're on it. :) Please won't you share your new weather icons when you're done?

Thanks

I'm attaching the icon set- working on getting some more up and running...Jumba, what's the min. size I can use?

Installing new icons:

Once skin is up and running, replace icons at metro and metro.katras and re-issue the skin in options. I didn't have a chance to .cab 'em yet ;)

LioryteJumbaSumorize.rar

Edited by lioryte

Thanks

I'm attaching the icon set- working on getting some more up and running...Jumba, what's the min. size I can use?

Installing new icons:

Awesome, thanks for those. I'm not really sure what the min size is... maybe test it for us and find out. Honestly, I think 1x1 is probably the smallest. :) The best imo is to size the icons to the biggest size you intend displaying them in your skin, then you won't have to resize (one icon at least) in titanium. A better option would be to set them to the width of the Omnia's screen (240) by whatever height, then adjust the .png compression level down a bit when saving. I personally prefer the icons to be as big as possible cos scaling up always looks bad to my eyes. Also, others may want to access these icons using a different skin, and even on a (W)VGA display at some point in the future, so it's best to err on the side of caution. I think there's a fairly straightforward way to have the weather icons installed on My Storage, so I'm loking into that. That should remove some of the restrictions on file sizes from having to install to My Device, but ya, I would say a good quality set of icons for (W)QVGA should be around 1 meg zipped.

Your choice really. ;)

Once skin is up and running, replace icons at metro and metro.katras and re-issue the skin in options. I didn't have a chance to .cab 'em yet ;)

Sure, what I'll do is make a cab for meteo.lioryte_Samurize so that it won't overwrite Katras, and we're good to go. You shouldn't touch the meteo folder, and each weather set should be installed in its own folder. Any chance you can look at the .plg for the skin and see about resizing and possibly re-positioning the icons so they fit nicely? I'm honestly run off my feet at the moment irl so won't be able to look at it for a while. If you need any tips I'll help you out.

Digi clock looks and works a treat on Bliss theme

That's good to hear! Any chance of posting a screenshot?

Edited by Jumba

Thanks Tim-H, gotta say it took many hours of ridiculously moving items one pixel left, no, two pixels right, etc. to get it just right but it was worth it in the end... but just wait till the buttons are clickable. When the new version of JMLToday is released all sorts of new possibilities are going to open up. :)

Guest DJRedLine
Can we change city code for weather ? T H A N K S

browse the JMLtoday folder on device and copy the JMLCities.txt to your PC. OPen this file in notepad and you will see the list of cities.

Go to MSN weather and search for your town, in the URL you should see the code similar to those already in list. Add your code, save file and place back onto device overwriting existing

browse the JMLtoday folder on device and copy the JMLCities.txt to your PC. OPen this file in notepad and you will see the list of cities.

Go to MSN weather and search for your town, in the URL you should see the code similar to those already in list. Add your code, save file and place back onto device overwriting existing

Yep, that's where the initial codes are kept.

A quick way is to click JMLToday and select Change City, then hit cancel. It will ask you to enter your city code, and voila! :)

Go to weather.msn.com and find your city, then look at the URL in the top bar - it should read something like: ...wc:SFXX0023&q=Johannesburg...

In this case, the city code is SFXX0023. Enter that into JMLToday and you're sorted.

Thanks for the screenshots DJ, I was worried that the background panel from the skin would interfere with bliss's layout, but I see you've disabled it. Or didn't you and it's just not showing?

Edited by Jumba

Guest lioryte

Everyone that are having an issue with adding a blank panel- add a panel AND A BLANK PAGE to make it happen if a blank panel by self ain't working for ya.

Guest DJRedLine
Thanks for the screenshots DJ, I was worried that the background panel from the skin would interfere with bliss's layout, but I see you've disabled it. Or didn't you and it's just not showing?

Not changed anything, just installed as per your instructions

Guest kurniawan
Everyone that are having an issue with adding a blank panel- add a panel AND A BLANK PAGE to make it happen if a blank panel by self ain't working for ya.

Thanx man...

Jumba... is it possible to have one analog clock and the other digital instead of both analog????