[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

Good to hear it's working, tumathumper! Though I'm not surprised things are overlapping a bit.

However, moving/resizing elements is fairly easy if you know your way around a text editor.

If you copy the .plg over to your PC and open it in notepad or whatever you need to find the section that deals with your resolution, e.g.

<layout screenWidth="480" screenHeight="640"> for the portrait view, and

<layout screenWidth="640" screenHeight="480"> for the landscape

... and resize/reposition the following:

For the icons:

telPNG (image) + Tel (text)

smsPNG (image) + SMS (text)

emailPNG (image) + Email (text)

alarmPNG (image) + Alarm (text)

wifiPNG (image)

bluetoothPNG (image)

battPNG (image) + BattVAL (text)

For the background panel:

panelPNG (image)

For the clocks:

BGA (image)

HA (image)

MA (image)

BGAO (image)

HAO (image)

MAO (image)

Others:

Current temperature: Temp (text)

Date: Date (text)

Operator: OperatorName (text)

Next appointment: Rdv (text)

Items that appear earlier in the .plg will be below items that come later.

Edited by Jumba

Guest tamathumper

I've moved things around quite a bit, so the panel appears only under the plugin and the icons are a bit more visible on my shiny screen.

I repositioned many elements to my liking, but I still can't seem to figure out how to make the entire panel taller so that the word "calendar" appears lower down the screen, and isn't so close to the temperature and my next appointment?!

I also had to shrink the temperature font down to 22 because it was getting clipped off at the bottom. :D

Any suggestions? I tried changing the height of <Layer ID="JMLTodayExpanded"> tag from 144 up to 160 but it didn't help.

post-60996-1250696499_thumb.jpg

I've moved things around quite a bit, so the panel appears only under the plugin and the icons are a bit more visible on my shiny screen.

I repositioned many elements to my liking, but I still can't seem to figure out how to make the entire panel taller so that the word "calendar" appears lower down the screen, and isn't so close to the temperature and my next appointment?!

I also had to shrink the temperature font down to 22 because it was getting clipped off at the bottom. :D

Any suggestions? I tried changing the height of <Layer ID="JMLTodayExpanded"> tag from 144 up to 160 but it didn't help.

Hey man, that's looking better! I think the only option for having an extra space below JMLToday is to add a blank panel with CHome Editor (as explained in post 1). If you have already tried this and it didn't work, some people are reporting that if you add a blank page to your blank panel it will work. Maybe try that and see how it goes. The second, and more complicated way would be to edit your Titanium_480_640.cpr and Titanium_640_480.cpr files in your windows folder and move the rest of the labels down to make room. I wouldn't advise this really, unless you know how to set file attributes, etc.

But thanks for fixing the layout. Maybe when you're done you can post your .plg here for the rest of us. :angry:

Guest tamathumper

Thanks for the compliment. I do have the blank panel installed, and it does already have a blank page on it. I set the title of the panel to "nothing", or basically empty, but maybe I should set it to a single space in order to get the font height as part of the layout? I'll give that a try...

I must say it's unusual that the blank panel isn't showing. Is it positioned 2nd from the top in CHome Editor, and is it enabled? Might sound like a silly question but that drop-down box in CHome Editor, on the right hand side, scroll down to "nothing" and see if it asks you to enable or disable the panel, if it asks to enable it maybe that's what's wrong. But maybe you've already tried it, in that case ignore all this. :D

Edited by Jumba

Guest tamathumper

The panel is actually called "BlankPanel", and it is second from the top of the list, just under JMLToday. In order to not see the name of the panel (eg. BlankPanel) on the home screen, I manually set the PluginLabel property to no characters, but I just set it to a single space character and it still did not help.

One side effect of all my playing today is that now my Today screen of applications and subfolders are displaying about 25 pixels or more off the top of the screen! :D Going to have to reset and see if it doesn't fix that!!!

I don't see any reason why not. As long as you also have the basic titanium menu as well as M2D on that rom (I wouldn't know since I've never used Ryrzy's roms) I'm sure it'll work.

Must it be BASIC titanium menu? I mean, for example, I've the Khuanchai 3 in 1 29128 version, and when I install all this, It just shows titanium, and the first tab have very small icons, if I push there, if shows me the jml themes menu.

Hi Henxu, can you post a screenshot, I'm not too sure what you mean. Right now 2302+ roms are unstable - I'd use 23017 or below.

IMPORTANT UPDATE.

JMHL has released JMLPanex! This adds actions to the buttons.

Go here and download and install the app. Then you will find the skins with buttons in the focus bar area are now clickable. So, you can press the SMS button and it'll load the SMS app, alarm loads G-Alarm, etc.

This is A big update that expands on JMLToday's functionality in a big way. JMLPanex can also be used for other panels. :D

Try it! Right now it won't work with the analog duo/digital skins because the buttons are out of the focus bar area, but it wil work for the others. I will look at re-editing the analog/digital skins so the buttons are in the right place to work with JMLPanex.

Have fun.

Edited by Jumba

You need to be connected to 3G to see the 3G icon.

Not all the icons work on all devices. e.g. My i900 on the GSM network doesn't show the right bluetooth or wifi icons, and when 3G is not connected I still get the old signal bars.

Are you using an Omnia? Your sig says Touch HD.

Edited by Jumba

Hi Henxu, can you post a screenshot, I'm not too sure what you mean. Right now 2302+ roms are unstable - I'd use 23017 or below.

IMPORTANT UPDATE.

JMHL has released JMLPanex! This adds actions to the buttons.

Go here and download and install the app. Then you will find the skins with buttons in the focus bar area are now clickable. So, you can press the SMS button and it'll load the SMS app, alarm loads G-Alarm, etc.

I've solved that problem by installing another ROM, but now it shows another problem, like one user posted here. It's not like the tabs names are in the center.

post-517983-1251290085_thumb.jpgpost-517983-1251290096_thumb.jpg

Oh, and another question, how do I change the wallpaper of the Start menu? I don't really like it black :D

Thanks for your skins . I love them

EDIT: Uhm, I'm from Spain, and weather shows Fº degrees, instead of Celsius degrees. But I wouldn't like to change the language into Spanish because ROM is in English and it looks quite awful. Any solution?

Edited by Henxu

I've solved that problem by installing another ROM, but now it shows another problem, like one user posted here.

Oh, and another question, how do I change the wallpaper of the Start menu? I don't really like it black :D

Thanks for your skins . I love them

Hey dude, thanks for the feedback. You need to add a blank panel using CHome Editor, as per the 1st post, or else the skin will overlap the text below.

If it isn't working, make sure you've done these steps:

Open CHome Editor and press the bottom left softkey - choose "Add New Panel", give the panel a name like "blank" and choose "Add to enabled panels now". Then, press the left softkey again and choose "Add new page", select the panel you've just created and hit "Create blank page" and select "Add to enabled pages now". Move your blank panel below JMLToday (2nd from the top) and Save Order.

To remove the label from the "blank" panel you'll need to manually edit it in CHome Editor. Click the left softkey once again and choose "Manual Edit Item Values", select your blank panel, condensed page, and edit "PluginLabel" - remove the text and hit "Save to Registry".

Sounds complicated but it isn't really. :angry:

Edit: To change your background go to Start > Settings > Today and tick "Use this picture as background" then choose your image.

EDIT: Uhm, I'm from Spain, and weather shows Fº degrees, instead of Celsius degrees. But I wouldn't like to change the language into Spanish because ROM is in English and it looks quite awful. Any solution?

Go into your \Program Files\JMLToday folder and open the file JMLToday.ini with a text editor. There you will see you can change the temp unit as well as other things. If you're having trouble post your .ini here and I'll change it for you.

Edited by Jumba

Guest ruicenoura
You need to be connected to 3G to see the 3G icon.

Not all the icons work on all devices. e.g. My i900 on the GSM network doesn't show the right bluetooth or wifi icons, and when 3G is not connected I still get the old signal bars.

Are you using an Omnia? Your sig says Touch HD.

Hi,

Thanks for help, Im using an OMNIA I900,I'm connected do a 3G network but only have the old signal bar!

Regards

Rui Silva

Hi,

Thanks for help, Im using an OMNIA I900,I'm connected do a 3G network but only have the old signal bar!

Regards

Rui Silva

Well I'm not actually sure what the problem could be. Maybe something to ask Shokka. :D

For info, I'm using...

i900

GSM network

Khuanchai's 23001 rom

Maybe it's the rom?

It's not like the tabs names are in the center.

Sorry I missed this earlier. But I have already answered this question earlier in the thread, post #23. :angry:

Edited by Jumba

Hey dude, thanks for the feedback. You need to add a blank panel using CHome Editor, as per the 1st post, or else the skin will overlap the text below.

If it isn't working, make sure you've done these steps:

Open CHome Editor and press the bottom left softkey - choose "Add New Panel", give the panel a name like "blank" and choose "Add to enabled panels now". Then, press the left softkey again and choose "Add new page", select the panel you've just created and hit "Create blank page" and select "Add to enabled pages now". Move your blank panel below JMLToday (2nd from the top) and Save Order.

To remove the label from the "blank" panel you'll need to manually edit it in CHome Editor. Click the left softkey once again and choose "Manual Edit Item Values", select your blank panel, condensed page, and edit "PluginLabel" - remove the text and hit "Save to Registry".

Sounds complicated but it isn't really. :D

Edit: To change your background go to Start > Settings > Today and tick "Use this picture as background" then choose your image.

Go into your \Program Files\JMLToday folder and open the file JMLToday.ini with a text editor. There you will see you can change the temp unit as well as other things. If you're having trouble post your .ini here and I'll change it for you.

Hum, It still the same :S Just done what you've said and still nothing.

I will try delete the panel and create it again.

EDIT : Still no changes.

Edited by Henxu

Guest crazyhorse1962

Update: I've made a digital version.

pdm.jpgpdw.jpg

Hi. Where (What is the name) is the file to edit the text size and on the panel. Also, how can I remove the battery icon and its value and operators name.

Thank you.

Edited by crazyhorse1962

Update: I've made a digital version.

pdm.jpgpdw.jpg

Hi. Where (What is the name) is the file to edit the text size and on the panel. Also, how can I remove the battery icon and its value and operators name.

Thank you.

Hi, edit the file \Program Files\JMLToday\Jumba_Digital_WQVGA.plg

Look for where it says, for example: Font="Segoe UI" Size="8" and change the font sizes to what you want. The text labels are pretty self-explanatory. The file is broken down into sections: The first half of the file is for the portrait layout and the 2nd half is for landscape. Each layout contains Page 1 - the main page, and Page 2 - the weather.

After editing, select the theme again in JMLToday.

To remove the battery and text, delete the items "BattPNG" (image) and "Battval" (text) in your .plg. To remove the operator name, delete the "operatorname" entry.

If you need more info on what each value represents please look earlier in this tread, as I have already discussed this. :D

Good luck. :angry:

Edited by Jumba

Guest crazyhorse1962

If you need more info on what each value represents please look earlier in this tread, as I have already discussed this. :angry:

Good luck. ;)

Guest crazyhorse1962
If you need more info on what each value represents please look earlier in this tread, as I have already discussed this. :angry:

Good luck. ;)

I tried but it corrupted the file and wouldn't reinstall. I restored the original again. Any Ideas! :D

Update: It all worked out. Thanks ;)

Edited by crazyhorse1962