[SKIN] Jumba Skins for JMLToday (WM6.5)

Guest Jumba

You have to edit the file called JMLToday.ini in your \Program Files\JMLToday folder.

It's a plain text file, just look for the line that says F and change it to C. :)

Guest omar junior
You have to edit the file called JMLToday.ini in your \Program Files\JMLToday folder.

It's a plain text file, just look for the line that says F and change it to C. :)

very thanks Jumba!! :)

jumba, how to display the city name in this theme:

and how to set opacity for the weather icon?

Looking good, omar junior!

You have uncovered one of Titanium's most annoying limitations - you can only have a maximum of 20 images and 20 text items in your plugin. If you count the text items on both pages you'll see they add up to 20, and the images also 20. So, if you want to add the city name to the main page you'll have to remove something or you'll have too many items. It's a pity, I know, but hopefully the devs will find a way around it. :)

What you need to do is edit the file "JMLToday_Jumba_Solo_Digital_2.plg" in your \Program Files\JMLToday folder. It's a text/xml file that contains the layout for the plugin.

The file is broken down into sections: The first half of the file is for the portrait layout and the 2nd half is for landscape. Each layout contains Page 1 - the main page, and Page 2 - the weather page.

The labels for the Page1 items are:

For the icons:

telPNG (image) + Tel (text)

smsPNG (image) + SMS (text)

emailPNG (image) + Email (text)

alarmPNG (image) + Alarm (text)

wifiPNG (image)

bluetoothPNG (image)

battPNG (image) + BattVAL (text)

For the background panels:

panelPNG2 (image)

PanelPNG3 (image)

PanelPNG4 (image)

For the clock:

H1 (image)

H2 (image)

M1 (image)

M2 (image)

Others:

Current temperature: Temp (text)

Date: Date (text)

Operator: OperatorName (text)

Next appointment: Rdv (text)

Current 4-line forecast: Current (text)

Forecast description: Text (text)

Current weather icon: Icon (image)

Items that appear earlier in the .plg will be below items that come later.

To add the current city to Page1 you need to add the "City" text item. But remember you'll need to replace another text item with this to keep in the 20-item limit. So, let's say you want to replace the operator name, search for "OperatorName" in the file and change it to read "City" instead. Do the same for the landscape layout - search for the 2nd instance of "OperatorName" later in the file.

Then save the file and reload it in JMLToday. :)

Setting the opacity is easier! In your .plg file search for "Icon" and change the opacity value to what you like. 1.0 is fully opaque.

Hope you get it sorted out.

One more thing you could try is to reposition the toolbar icons and text so the 6 icons are aligned nicely (if you're not going to use the alarm feature). It's a bit more advanced but I think it'd look better. :) And I see you have a different system font... might want to look at moving "BattVAL" about 3 pixels to the right so it's centered over the battery icon.

Remember to keep a backup of the .plg file once you have made your changes because if you reinstall the skin from the .cab it will overwrite it.

If you like I can make the changes for you, but wouldn't you like to learn how? I would love to see some new skins from others based on all these clocks and icons. :)

Edited by Jumba

Go into your \Program Files\JMLToday folder and open the file JMLToday.ini with a text editor. There you will see you can change the temp unit as well as other things. If you're having trouble post your .ini here and I'll change it for you.

Here is the solution Jumba gave me :)

PD: Hum, I've just seen that Jumba has replied so ... Late :S

Btw, Jumba, The problem of the blank panel, I tried a lot of times and nothing worked.

Don't know where was the problem, so I changed to Slanted theme and it's perfectly.

If I want to implement JMLPanex, do I have to reinstall the theme?

Edited by Henxu

Here is the solution Jumba gave me :)

PD: Hum, I've just seen that Jumba has replied so ... Late :S

Btw, Jumba, The problem of the blank panel, I tried a lot of times and nothing worked.

Don't know where was the problem, so I changed to Slanted theme and it's perfectly.

If I want to implement JMLPanex, do I have to reinstall the theme?

Hi there, yeah I just don't know why some people are having trouble adding blank panels. I am wondering if it's because some roms are set up differently to others. I would appreciate it if someone could send me a screenshot of the values listed under \HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome - I have a feeling they're not set up to use standard titanium. From what I've seen, the panels are being created successfully but they just aren't being displayed. Weird.

And to answer your question, no you don't have to reinstall your skins. They will be automatically enabled. :)

I'm running the digital large and am completely in love with it! This is the best Titanium plugin/skin combo I've used so far. There's only one problem which I'm experiencing: switching from portrait to landscape distorts the plugin appearance until I update it - the same thing happens when I rotate back from landscape to portrait. Is there a fix for this that I missed in the thread?

I'm running the digital large and am completely in love with it! This is the best Titanium plugin/skin combo I've used so far. There's only one problem which I'm experiencing: switching from portrait to landscape distorts the plugin appearance until I update it - the same thing happens when I rotate back from landscape to portrait. Is there a fix for this that I missed in the thread?

Hey there, I'm happy you're liking it - yeah that corruption issue is a real pain in the ass - unfortunately there's no immediate fix that I know of. The answer would be some sort of script that refreshes titanium a second after rotating, but unfortunately right now that would require a 24/7 script to be running in the background to intercept screen rotations, an unacceptable solution. It appears this issue is only confined to Omnias for some reason. I wish I could be of more help, but I'm hoping someone finds a solution soon. :)

Hey there, I'm happy you're liking it - yeah that corruption issue is a real pain in the ass - unfortunately there's no immediate fix that I know of. The answer would be some sort of script that refreshes titanium a second after rotating, but unfortunately right now that would require a 24/7 script to be running in the background to intercept screen rotations, an unacceptable solution. It appears this issue is only confined to Omnias for some reason. I wish I could be of more help, but I'm hoping someone finds a solution soon. :)

Right now, I just have the rotation set to manual and assigned to a button - that's a better choice than not using the theme!!

@ Henxu, thanks! I'm wondering if it might be the rom, I seem to remember trying that exact one and going back to 23017. However, omar junior is running a recent rom and it works okay on his device.

@ omar junior - Hey that looks great! Cool stuff, see changing the layout is easy. Would you mind telling me which rom you are using?

PS - Be careful with your placement of the big temp text, the "cloudy" icon shows higher than most of the others, so when it changes to "sunny" or "moon" the icon will be lower down and might overlap the text. :) Also try increasing the width and height of "panelPNG2" by 2 pixels. I wonder why it's showing smaller compared to my device. I think I need to update mine.

Edited by Jumba

Guest maxtcee
Cool man, glad it's working for you. :)

If you have the latest version of JMLLibrary installed (v.3) then you will find a bunch of mortscript (.mscr) files in the install directory \Program Files\JMLLibrary\

These can be used with JMLPanex. For example, if you edit the file \Program Files\JMLPanex\JMLToday.pnx you will see each line refers to an icon and the associated program that runs when you click it. Try adding the following lines under Page1...

BluetoothPNG=%PROGRAMFILES%\JMLLibrary\JMLLib_toggleBluetooth.mscr

WifiPNG=%PROGRAMFILES%\JMLLibrary\JMLLib_toggleWIFI.mscr

Then save the file and run JMLPanexForPlugin.mscr again to reinstall (I'm not sure you actually need this step).

That should work... I haven't tried it myself so check it out and let us know how it goes. :)

Edit: Just tested it, seems to work fine.

tried this and everything is working flawlessly only thing how do i use my own email not outlook when i click the email icon it brings up outlook

tried this and everything is working flawlessly only thing how do i use my own email not outlook when i click the email icon it brings up outlook

Which email are you using? You need to change the line in JMLToday.pnx that starts with "emailPNG= ..." - just change it to point to your email app.

e.g., for SMS I'm using SMS-Chat, so I've changed this line: "smsPNG=\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"

You just need to know the path and .exe of your app.

Hope that helps.

Guest tamathumper

Is there a way to run TWO RunAt programs? I'd love to have weather update hourly, and my stocks update every 15 minutes... I had trouble with the JMLStocks program and had to uninstall it (it was causing problems with Titanium and messing up the other plug-ins), but I'd love to get them both working.

Also I notice when I go into a program and then return to the main Titanium screen, that often the hands of the clocks are in the wrong location on the screen (one hand or both), or the clock is too big or the battery icon is too big, and then after a minute or so everything returns to normal.

Does anyone else see that? (Remember I'm using a Fuze with the AllRes version and also a version of my own with all other resolutions pulled out except mine.)

Is there a way to run TWO RunAt programs? I'd love to have weather update hourly, and my stocks update every 15 minutes... I had trouble with the JMLStocks program and had to uninstall it (it was causing problems with Titanium and messing up the other plug-ins), but I'd love to get them both working.

Hi, I'm not sure if this can be done, it's probably best to ask one of the app developers. MichelDiamond at XDA-Devs will know the answer for sure. :)

Also I notice when I go into a program and then return to the main Titanium screen, that often the hands of the clocks are in the wrong location on the screen (one hand or both), or the clock is too big or the battery icon is too big, and then after a minute or so everything returns to normal.

Does anyone else see that? (Remember I'm using a Fuze with the AllRes version and also a version of my own with all other resolutions pulled out except mine.)

afaik it's a Titanium issue (it also does this on my Omnia). It also does it when you rotate the screen. Until someone finds a solution just click the panel > Settings > Refresh Titanium to update it. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

Guest tamathumper
Hi, I'm not sure if this can be done, it's probably best to ask one of the app developers. MichelDiamond at XDA-Devs will know the answer for sure. :)

afaik it's a Titanium issue (it also does this on my Omnia). It also does it when you rotate the screen. Until someone finds a solution just click the panel > Settings > Refresh Titanium to update it. Sorry, I wish I could be of more help.

No worries, you've been so helpful that's why I asked here :)

Hi Jumba,

Excellent plugin, definitely improves Titanium. Been tinkering with the layout, and was wondering if there was a way to change the location of the white box when you press on an icon? Currently shows slightly below it.

post-552564-1252524971_thumb.png

Hi Jumba,

Excellent plugin, definitely improves Titanium. Been tinkering with the layout, and was wondering if there was a way to change the location of the white box when you press on an icon? Currently shows slightly below it.

Heya gcouch, wow that looks really good. Personally I'd prefer it if there was no white box when you click an icon. :) But it's hard-coded into JMLPanex. Hopefully JMHL will release a version that doesn't have this.

Or do you mean the highlight at the bottom of the icon that's there whether the icon is active or not?

Please share your .plg when you're done. :)

Edit: Oh wait now I see it, that's strange, mine doesn't show down there. But then again my icons were originally lower. Try running the install script for JMLPanex again (in the JMLPanex install folder).

I also see you have a non-standard bronzeres.dll (focus bar) - that may be confusing JMLPanex...

Very nice taskbar, is that WA3?

Edited by Jumba

Guest syrguy1969
Heya gcouch, wow that looks really good. Personally I'd prefer it if there was no white box when you click an icon. :) But it's hard-coded into JMLPanex. Hopefully JMHL will release a version that doesn't have this.

Or do you mean the highlight at the bottom of the icon that's there whether the icon is active or not?

Please share your .plg when you're done. :)

Edit: Oh wait now I see it, that's strange, mine doesn't show down there. But then again my icons were originally lower. Try running the install script for JMLPanex again (in the JMLPanex install folder).

I also see you have a non-standard bronzeres.dll (focus bar) - that may be confusing JMLPanex...

Very nice taskbar, is that WA3?

That is GRadz's dusk taskbar, it is really cool, I use it as well. It is right here (along with a lot of other stuff):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1047519

P.S. I have that white box offset thing going on as well, I will try running the install script later and see what happens!!

BTW...whatever happened to the speed-dial panel?? I am really curious about that one!!!!